• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
IS THIS CRAP REALLY AN ARUGMENT/REASON/EXCUSE THAT PEOPLE SAY?

WHAT?

I.......i just can't believe this stuff...
Actually, "I don't want K. Rool because he's ugly" is one of the biggest excuses K. Rool haters use to explain why they dislike him so much.

In terms of Anti-K. Rool slogans, it's right up there with "Irrelevant".

:4greninja:'d.
THANKS BKUPA

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love how one of the comments says "Let the Japanese decide"

He's completely ignoring the fact that K.Rool is among the most, if not THE most wanted character in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
But why do they say such things about K. Rool. Him and Waluigi are the two most handsome game characters in existence

Pakky

Smash Hero
These are the type of people that want to flood smash with their creepy waifu obsession characters. Not dissing any character imparticular but you know what I mean.

Me: King K Rool should be in smash

Weeaboo: Why? We don't need any more goofy animals in smash what we need is a hero of the people, a true emblem of justice

Me: Wonder Red?

Weeaboo: What? NO! Reiko Hinomoto from Rumble Roses

Me: Leaves*

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
advanced stupid.jpg

I love how one of the comments says "Let the Japanese decide"

He's completely ignoring the fact that K.Rool is among the most, if not THE most wanted character in Japan.
Exactly, see photo above^^

But why do they say such things about K. Rool. Him and Waluigi are the two most handsome game characters in existence
More handsome than Dark Pit, Shulk, Marth, and Robin (seriously, he/she looks like and old geyser/hag with that color hair). And for cripes sake how does Villager NOT look ugly? he looks like the kind of puppet that would kill you in a horror movie. Don't even get me started on the mii characters either(even though some of them are fun to create).
These are the type of people that want to flood smash with their creepy waifu obsession characters. Not dissing any character imparticular but you know what I mean.

Me: King K Rool should be in smash

Weeaboo: Why? We don't need any more goofy animals in smash what we need is a hero of the people, a true emblem of justice

Me: Wonder Red?

Weeaboo: What? NO! Reiko Hinomoto from Rumble Roses

Me: Leaves*
This is why I dislike anime human characters. Heck the dudes look more like chicks than the actual women(not homophobic, just saying.)

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy seeing them flip when K. Rool gets officially confirmed for dlc and happily kick their butt online with him, maybe I'll used Diddy or DK too just to piss them off even more since they seem to hate Rare characters so much.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm sure it's been talked about a dozen times in this thread already, but I wanted to poll you fellows over which aspects of K. Rool's designs you prefer.

* Big crown or little?
* Gold-plated belly or fleshy belly?
* Tail or no tail?
* Long cape or short cape?
* Three toes or four?

My personal preferences are big crown (especially if he's going to throw it), fleshy belly, tail, long cape, three toes. Of course, if he appeared exactly this way, there would be jarring clipping issues with his tail going through the cape, like with Tanooki Marth, but I can endure it.
Don't mind crown size or number of digits. Gold belly, tail and long cape are my preferences on the other three.

Regarding the straw poll from earlier which counts only the 10 characters the creator considered most popular: KKR Kurrently leads the poll with 40/107 (37%) of the votes, nearly triple that of Isaac in 2nd place, who has 14 votes for a 13% share. Always nice to see.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And for cripes sake how does Villager NOT look ugly? he looks like the kind of puppet that would kill you in a horror movie.
The design of the Villager is derived from traditional folk arts, particularly rural dolls. When done right (and arguably in context in Animal Crossing, it is done right), they're intended to look cute.

Anyway, everyone has different tastes, and that's all it really comes down to. It's just that "I find Character X ugly!" is a poor argument as to why they shouldn't be given a chance to appear in the game, because it's totally subjective. :laugh:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
For the ones who hunger for news. Tokyo Game Show is coming on 17th to of September and ends the 20th. Surely a much better place to expect Nintendo news than any PAX ever. At least its confirmed that there will be a showing of Hyrule Warriors Legends (I already have the Wii U version, but if there is something like exclusive Groose, I might have to double dip).
And if there is nothing new. At least it will be only 2 weeks until October 3rd by then. Hoorah!.

This post had nothing to do with King K. Rool? Err... ...Hey! Look behind you! A three headed monkey!.
Aren't the character coming as Wii U DLC? Groose is the stuff anyway.

@Wanderer from Roseyard
*Big krown
*Gold
*Tail of course
*Long cape
*I don't care.

Pakky

Smash Hero
View attachment 71304

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy seeing them flip when K. Rool gets officially confirmed for dlc and happily kick their butt online with him, maybe I'll used Diddy or DK too just to piss them off even more since they seem to hate Rare characters so much.
BROTHA where have you been?
Seriously I feel the same way. A few anime characters are okay but when they start to become half of the roster I think a counter balance is needed. In contrast to that I'm not saying you need more Captain Falcons running around, but in terms of "portionate" humans, characters like Ryu and Little Mac are a breath of fresh air. Also I like big fat characters, they're fun, a lot of people say they're hard to look at but I don't think so. Makes me wish there were more plump females in video games as well but that's a story for another day.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
The design of the Villager is derived from traditional folk arts, particularly rural dolls. When done right (and arguably in context in Animal Crossing, it is done right), they're intended to look cute.

Anyway, everyone has different tastes, and that's all it really comes down to. It's just that "I find Character X ugly!" is a poor argument as to why they shouldn't be given a chance to appear in the game, because it's totally subjective. :laugh:
Obviously it's an awful argument, it's being used against King K Rool ;)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

I'm not hating on the Animal Crossing games, I'm just saying he could easily freak someone out if brought to life in a horror movie.

Absolutley, I agree.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Saying such and such character is ugly is a dumb argument. That's like saying Ridley is dumb.

Which I then reply to by saying
"Well, that's actually false since Ridley is actually a highly intelligent being, so he really isn't dumb, as you say."

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Obviously it's an awful argument, it's being used against King K Rool ;)
Of course! :laugh:

But seriously, it's an awful argument regardless. I've seen "fat" being used as one against several characters, too, such as Dedede and, of course, K. Rool. That one's just as invalid.

Nice avatar bro. King K Rool needs to fight Bowser like....NOW! Yup, the battle of high kings!
Hey, aren't you forgetting someone...? :4dedede: ;)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
BROTHA where have you been?
Seriously I feel the same way. A few anime characters are okay but when they start to become half of the roster I think a counter balance is needed. In contrast to that I'm not saying you need more Captain Falcons running around, but in terms of "portionate" humans, characters like Ryu and Little Mac are a breath of fresh air. Also I like big fat characters, they're fun, a lot of people say they're hard to look at but I don't think so. Makes me wish there were more plump females in video games as well but that's a story for another day.
Ryu, Little Mac, and even the Zelda characters I don't mind because they're actually cool and have a history in gaming and are very recognizable to most people. And in Zelda's case, the characters are'nt always drawn in anime style so that's why they're an exception to me.

Nice avatar bro. King K Rool needs to fight Bowser like....NOW! Yup, the battle of high kings!
Thanks, it's one of the main reasons why I want K. Rool in the game, though I'd probably have them team up more.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Saying such and such character is ugly is a dumb argument. That's like saying Ridley is dumb.

"Well, that's actually false since Ridley is actually a highly intelligent being, so he really isn't dumb, as you say."
Learning that he can speak is the scariest thing of all. Come Nintendo make him talk in the games! A nice low, gentleman like voice. Anyway yeah King K Rool, likes to starve his fellow beings... I love how evil he is.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Well, "dumb" can also mean "unable to speak", which, from what we know, is true of Ridley. Unless I'm mistaken somehow (data logs don't count).

Can K. Rool even speak? He grunts and growls a lot, plus he has the uncannily human screams, but aside from in-game text, does he ever speak?

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Well, "dumb" can also mean "unable to speak", which, from what we know, is true of Ridley.

Can K. Rool even speak? He grunts and growls a lot, plus he has the uncannily human screams, but aside from in-game text, does he ever speak?
Nope, comics...

Last edited:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well, "dumb" can also mean "unable to speak", which, from what we know, is true of Ridley. Unless I'm mistaken somehow (data logs don't count).
Ridley spoke in the Metroid comics to Samus. She hates him for killing her parents, and then gloating about how he ate her mother.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

He does in the story intro of DK64.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Indeed, it will have almost no effect on Smash-related things. There is other data that they're asking for (which differs by region) and that users can offer, which is of value to them, and which is unaffected by things relating to the amount of votes for particular characters. ;)
What if they're trying to see the effect a Shovel Knight amiibo has on his ballot popularity ¿?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Yes he does!

I wish we heard more of that. That voice is fantastic. He sounds like a Bond villain with strep throat.
I always thought he was like Darth Vader mixed with a bit of Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget but yeah, that voice is awesome, I would love whoever voiced him in that game to come back if they decide to do a sequel to DK64 or something similiar to it. Also I heard the voice actor in that game also did his "Ungh!" grunts in the first 2 DKC games.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So basically Ridley and King K. Rool are both not dumb. ANOTHER ARGUMENT AGAINST THEM IS GONE!
Well you can technically be dumb if you choose not to speak.

But going by the colloquial definition of dumb to mean "unintelligent or stupid", then yeah, K. Rool isn't dumb at all.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Did King K Rool build his own lab in DKC3? If so umm...wow that's scary.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well you can technically be dumb if you choose not to speak.

But going by the colloquial definition of dumb to mean "unintelligent or stupid", then yeah, K. Rool isn't dumb at all.
Well dumb means unable to speak, not choosing not to speak. You wouldn't tell a shy person your dumb, because 1. That's mean, stop being mean. and 2. They aren't dumb, they are just choosing not to speak.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
What if they're trying to see the effect a Shovel Knight amiibo has on his ballot popularity ¿?
That's impossible. Not only are design and lead-times on plastic products quite long, but they've stated that work on that Amiibo began long before Smash 3DS & Wii U were released, and way, way before we ever knew about the ballot.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well dumb means unable to speak, not choosing not to speak. You wouldn't tell a shy person your dumb, because 1. That's mean, stop being mean. and 2. They aren't dumb, they are just choosing not to speak.
Dumb can indeed refer to choosing not to speak. You wouldn't tell somebody they're dumb, but it is factually and technically correct to say that a person like K. Rool is dumb because he is either incapable (depending on the source material) or unwilling to speak.

So to say K. Rool is "big and dumb" is technically correct, in that he is a hefty kroc and he doesn't often speak, but it doesn't quite mean what people tend to imply it to mean. Kinda like the claim that he's "ugly", since he's quite a fine representation of his species. I bet all the lady krocs go wild for Rool.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Dumb can indeed refer to choosing not to speak. You wouldn't tell somebody they're dumb, but it is factually and technically correct to say that a person like K. Rool is dumb because he is either incapable (depending on the source material) or unwilling to speak.

So to say K. Rool is "big and dumb" is technically correct, in that he is a hefty kroc and he doesn't often speak, but it doesn't quite mean what people tend to imply it to mean. Kinda like the claim that he's "ugly", since he's quite a fine representation of his species. I bet all the lady krocs go wild for Rool.
K. Rool makes all them ladies go bananas if you know what I'm saying.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Well, there is Kalypso from the PAON games.

Top Bottom