• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Actually, I'm wondering, would the fake defeat really be a taunt, and not one of his downed poses?
I feel like it could definitely be both. Part of K. Rool's schtick is trickery after all. Heck, it could even be a taunt, downed pose, crouch, or any number of other down based animations. It would be interesting if he had multiple ways to use the same animation for optimal mind games.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
StormC's Grandma Moveset:

Neutral Special - Bingo - Throws a bingo slip at the opponent. Damage caused is random, with a small chance of big damage

Up Special - Cane Copter - Rotates her cane rapidly, soaring upwards into the sky

Side Special - Mobility Scooter - Dashes across the stage, burying opponents in her path

Down Special - Dentures - Lays her dentures on the ground, unhinged like a bear trap, damaging and briefly immobilising opponents who get caught.

I have lots of other ideas, such as a Scrooge McDuck Pogo cane Down-Air.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
As hilarious as the whole thing is, let's not try to derail the thread with @ StormC StormC 's 90-year-old Grandma movesets.

...oddly, that denture down-B for her can work for K. Rool, but instead of dentures he'd bury a Klaptrap. It would activate upon being stepped on.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
*sees things have long since calmed down*

I'm keeping in mind that his finest hour may still be at hand. But still, this is just Ridley all over again. A reptilian villain that many love and want in the roster (including myself), yet thrown under the bus by Sakurai followed with unbridled mockery by the extremely rude community is just too much to bear a second time.

Until/unless K. Rool does indeed get his finest hour and I can shove it in all the haters' faces, I'm going to remain cautious. Still support our King 100% nonetheless.

Last edited:

Uzume

Orange Heart
As long as his grab isn't awkward to land like Pac-Man's grab I would be fine with it.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The Blunderbuss being King K. Rool's grab is actually a great idea.
Not only is it a very unique grab, but also, if they made the Kannonball his neutral special, he could use the move to psyche people out, making them shield to block the cannonball only to get sucked into the blunderbuss and shot out.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, they don't have to be stuck inside the Blunderbuss. They could be stuck on it so he can do more than just shoot them out of the blunderbuss.
I was thinking about that... another option being he just pulls them close and picks them up in his hand once they're near him. Being stuck in the front of the blunderbuss I just see as being more iffy due to having to create new animations for that.

Eureka

Smash Ace
Well, in DKC2 he doesn't actually suck Diddy and Dixie into the Blunderbuss, just hits them with the handle when they get too close.
Sounds like a great pummel animation to me. Although I think he should just normally grab them after sucking them in.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'd be fine with either the character getting stuck on the end of the blunderbuss or K. Rool just grabbing them with his hand when they're close enough.

Blunderbuss vacuum grab is kinda like the Helipack recovery I feel; you'd have to go out of your way to not use it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I envision K. Rool just holding the opponent in front of the barrel rather than sucking them up. It's faithful to the games and makes it easier to design his pummel and throw options.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I agree that it seems like something he'd do, but I can't help but think that it might be a little unfair - nobody else can, effectively, cancel out of taunts, after all. :laugh:
I disappointed that someone that main and love Dedede like haven't notice that his main possess a taunt that can cancel out, that his infinite, that can be immediatly followed by an attack and that his also the best in the game.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ugh, I'm tired of arguing with someone about King K. Rool's moveset and how he'd be similar to other character in the specials I proposed (Blunderbuss, Krown Toss, Kopter Pak, Ground Pound [I actually don't want this move as a special, just used it]).
Oh, Bowser Jr. has the Blunderbuss move. Krown Toss is just Link's boomerang. Kopter Pak is like Link and DK's up B. Multiple characters have a ground pound. Do you guys think that this is a problem, K Rool having similar moves to other characters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I'd be fine with either the character getting stuck on the end of the blunderbuss or K. Rool just grabbing them with his hand when they're close enough.

Blunderbuss vacuum grab is kinda like the Helipack recovery I feel; you'd have to go out of your way to not use it.
Well, to be fair, there's nothing all that interesting about the Helipack other than the animations itself. It can't really be used as an attack. That's why I'm thinking it might be his second jump instead of his special recovery.

Ugh, I'm tired of arguing with someone about King K. Rool's moveset and how he'd be similar to other character in the specials I proposed (Blunderbuss, Krown Toss, Kopter Pak, Ground Pound [I actually don't want this move as a special, just used it]).
Oh, Bowser Jr. has the Blunderbuss move. Krown Toss is just Link's boomerang. Kopter Pak is like Link and DK's up B. Multiple characters have a ground pound. Do you guys think that this is a problem, K Rool having similar moves to other characters.
Numerous characters have similar moves to other characters. This definitely isn't a problem, especially since K. Rool would play a unique take on all of them. That said I feel like they'd probably make K. Rool revolve entirely around the blunderbuss, and he'd be a heavyweight trap-based character.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
As much as it is a problem for other characters, so no.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I always envisioned the Helipack would have a multi-hitting hitbox on the blades as he rose up, and maybe with a stronger finishing hit at the end of the move. I prefer having the Helipack as his up b over firing the blunderbuss down.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I disappointed that someone that main and love Dedede like haven't notice that his main possess a taunt that can cancel out, that his infinite, that can be immediatly followed by an attack and that his also the best in the game.
That doesn't count - it's his crouch! :laugh:

Do you guys think that this is a problem, K Rool having similar moves to other characters.
Not a bit. It's inevitable, in some cases.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
My policy is taunt after each and GG after each battle, even if the enemy is a troll or a hating person. Balanced right?
Yeah. Though, now I wonder, will any of K. Rool's taunts become particularly popular? I know that folks love using Dedede's crouch as a taunt, but I'd love to know what would get used a lot for K. Rool. :laugh: Anyone care to name any dream taunts that they'd use a lot?

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Because there's rhyme and reason to the roster besides just having fun movesets. We could put in my 90 year old grandma otherwise.
I know. To me personally, I prioritize that over anything. I play Smash because I love the gameplay. Don't get me wrong, having all these Nintendo characters is absolutely awesome, and I do understand that certain franchises like DK and Metroid could stand to use more characters. Whether or not someone is "worthy" is not as important to me.

If Sakurai could make a super fun moveset for Chrom for example, I'd definitely support him.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so, honestly. Many characters have moves that are similar to each other. I mean, when I first played Melee, I thought Bowser's down-B was just a copy of Yoshi's down-B and was disappointed in that sense (I was pretty young, so don't come after me). There's only so much you can do with moves without them getting too gimmicky or just plain odd.

I've seen people arguing that Snake doesn't need to come back because some characters have moves similar to some of his old ones. Needless to say, this is kind of a silly argument. There's a difference between isolated similar moves and an entire moveset that creates a unique whole.

Also, I feel like a lot of the new characters' movesets are starting to get a bit gimmicky in the search for avoid "generic melee" moves and "being unique," so, personally speaking, I would be willing to put up with some repetition if it means we don't end up with awkward moves (Pac-man's grab is probably the primary offender, even if it is a cute arcade-era reference).

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Well, in DKC2 he doesn't actually suck Diddy and Dixie into the Blunderbuss, just hits them with the handle when they get too close.
This could create an interesting idea where rather his "
" move being a command grab it COULD be an attack. Not sure how "good" the move would be overall but maybe if properly composed it could be a very unique move!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
This could create an interesting idea where rather his "
" move being a command grab it COULD be an attack. Not sure how "good" the move would be overall but maybe if properly composed it could be a very unique move!
I made a Miiverse post describing a good use for the SchoolBus, but I got perma banned for saying "Pushy Can" so that's gone forever

But the basic jist of it is having his Grab sorta like Kirby's Inhale/PAC-MAN's grab (But better) but instead of the foe going in the Blunderbuss, he grabs them with the other hand, and he can mimic DK and stuff them into the cannon VIA Forward Throw and move around with them in it, and then fire them out in a / (Up+Standard), --- (Standard/Forward+Standard) or \ (Down+Standard) angle, but them breaking out of the grab causes a backfire explosion that deals no damage but launches the Grabber and the Grab-ee away from eachother

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I made a Miiverse post describing a good use for the SchoolBus, but I got perma banned for saying "Pushy Can" so that's gone forever

But the basic jist of it is having his Grab sorta like Kirby's Inhale/PAC-MAN's grab (But better) but instead of the foe going in the Blunderbuss, he grabs them with the other hand, and he can mimic DK and stuff them into the cannon VIA Forward Throw and move around with them in it, and then fire them out in a / (Up+Standard), --- (Standard/Forward+Standard) or \ (Down+Standard) angle, but them breaking out of the grab causes a backfire explosion that deals no damage but launches the Grabber and the Grab-ee away from eachother
Why is pushy can a word that got you banned?

Top Bottom