• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Eureka

Smash Ace
Legitimate question to everyone.
What is the actual purpose of this "KrocTheVote" campaign?
Because what seriously sounds like to me...is that people are wasting their wishes on a character somebody else wants....Like it feels like I'm not even seeing free will of thinking at this point. Not trying to even sound condescending or assholish about it. This kinda just rubs me the wrong way to how fans are reacting about it. It's better to have something then to have nothing honestly, so now it just sounds to a point that yes, people are in fact, being self-entitled.
Costume is a costume, it neither confirms nor deconfirms a character...But whether you like it or not, he is literally in the same situation as all the OTHER characters that were turned into Costumes, which in likely chance meaning he's not gonna be playable.
And people go, "But Samus and Link got costumes, Metaknight mask was revealed before the actual character", the key difference that some people like to cherry pick through, is that they're already IN THE GAME.

It's fine if you want K. Rool in the game...But as of what i've seen, It's kinda BS to me to have someone campaign around convincing people to Piggyback a vote because "It's the right thing to do". This Ballot is sorta meant for your choice, not what a general populace says it should be.
The point of #KrocTheVote is to rally all the K. Rool fans and get the word out as to why he deserves a spot. And people have been over this a million times, hell, Nintendo has outright said it, but a costume does not hurt a characters chance in the ballot. Nintendo has no control over who get's in via the ballot, so the costume does not reflect King K. Rool's chances. Furthermore, it's not being self entitled when a company sets up a ballot for the sole purpose of listening to the fans, and then promptly ignores what the fans want in favor of a costume. I am not saying that is what's happening, but if K. Rool get's shafted at this point people have every right to complain.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I was just messing around in Classic Mode as Dedede trying to hit all the Credits names
I screwed up as per usual
But then something peculiar happened
I heard the "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" siren for about 1/3 of a second (The screen even went to the cool cloudy rainbow background)
And then it just went to black before I could see anything and it booted me to the main menu
I tried redoing the process towards that peculiar event
But nothing happened
About 10 tries later I gave up

I'm confused and concerned.
What happened. :drwtf:

Eureka

Smash Ace
So I was just messing around in Classic Mode as Dedede trying to hit all the Credits names
I screwed up as per usual
But then something peculiar happened
I heard the "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" siren for about 1/3 of a second (The screen even went to the cool cloudy rainbow background)
And then it just went to black before I could see anything and it booted me to the main menu
I tried redoing the process towards that peculiar event
But nothing happened
About 10 tries later I gave up

I'm confused and concerned.
What happened. :drwtf:
One moment while I go to retrieve my tin foil hat and popcorn please.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Legitimate question to everyone.
What is the actual purpose of this "KrocTheVote" campaign?
The #KrocTheVote Kampaign is part of the Kremling Kampaign
Our kurrent goal is to just get King K. Rool back into the Nintendo world.
And since Smash is a kredible source of what's what in the "Nintendo's All-Stars" kategory, we deduced that King K. Rool in Smash would be a prime way to get him back on his klaws.
That's the basik jist of it. :4pacman:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's better to have something then to have nothing honestly, so now it just sounds to a point that yes, people are in fact, being self-entitled.
"We want K. Rool playable."
"Here's a costume, you happy?"

We're reaffirming to Nintendo that we want the King in entire playable glory, not a skin. We are not entitled for using the ballot for its purpose; telling Nintendo what character we want to play as in Smash.

This is what every character campaign does, they drum up interest and convince people why their character is the best pick.

jrocy247

Smash Rookie
The point of #KrocTheVote is to rally all the K. Rool fans and get the word out as to why he deserves a spot. And people have been over this a million times, hell, Nintendo has outright said it, but a costume does not hurt a characters chance in the ballot. Nintendo has no control over who get's in via the ballot, so the costume does not reflect King K. Rool's chances. Furthermore, it's not being self entitled when a company sets up a ballot for the sole purpose of listening to the fans, and then promptly ignores what the fans want in favor of a costume. I am not saying that is what's happening, but if K. Rool get's shafted at this point people have every right to complain.
But... it IS self-entitlement because there people who feel like they deserve to get what they want because they're rallying about it. Hell, if the creator does not feel like this certain character should be in the game one way or another for a specific reason, he has all right to do. I mean heck, would you feel fine if you created this peace of work in a way YOU wanted it to be only have other people screaming how it should this way or how this should be put in this way. You even keep saying that you were ignored....But you weren't....You got a Costume....I don't see how that's ignoring you.
I keep hearing this "K. Rool is at the top of the Ballot"... For one, I can't believe anyone who actually says this because no one knows the ballot number, it's literally spit balling and convincing yourself that it is.
Two, let's say he was, and you guys just need to wait.....What is the actual purpose of this KrocTheVote? Because it would seem some of you are having the Knee jerk reaction and panicking for no actual reason just because he became a costume.
Three, If the Costume neither confirms nor deconfirms a character....Why is there such a ruckus about it and making it seem like IT DOES when you feel like it doesn't. That must tell me you actually believe in that.
There are people who want a character besides K. Rool, but now it seems like he "deserves" to be the ballot winner? All over a Costume?

You guys are mad because you're not getting what you want. Fine, I get that but there's no need to act like you're the only victims and the only ones that need justice, by trying to convince other people to use their vote on what YOU want. I think it's seriously wrong to act like a Victim and weep in front of others just to get what you wanted. Again, that's sounds A LOT like Self-Entitlement.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
But... it IS self-entitlement because there people who feel like they deserve to get what they want because they're rallying about it. Hell, if the creator does not feel like this certain character should be in the game one way or another for a specific reason, he has all right to do. I mean heck, would you feel fine if you created this peace of work in a way YOU wanted it to be only have other people screaming how it should this way or how this should be put in this way.
I keep hearing this "K. Rool is at the top of the Ballot"... For one, I can't believe anyone who actually says this because no one knows the ballot number, it's literally spit balling and convincing yourself that it is.
Two, let's say he was, and you guys just need to wait.....What is the actual purpose of this KrocTheVote? Because it would seem some of you are having the Knee jerk reaction and panicking for no actual reason just because he became a costume.
Three, If the Costume neither confirms nor deconfirms a character....Why is there such a ruckus about it and making it seem like IT DOES when you feel like it doesn't. That must tell me you actually believe in that.
There are people who want a character besides K. Rool, but now it seems like he "deserves" to be the ballot winner? All over a Costume?

You guys are mad because you're not getting what you want. Fine, I get that but there's no need to act like you're the only victims and the only ones that need justice, by trying to convince other people to use their vote on what YOU want. I think it's seriously wrong to act like a Victim and weep in front of others just to get what you wanted. Again, that's sounds A LOT like Self-Entitlement.
You remind me of an old friend from the Ridley Thread
She (If it even is a she) got perma banned...twice...but you're a 1:1 with her personality :4pacman:

ChozoSapien

Smash Rookie
How is it self-entitled to not eat up everything Nintendo spews out like it's gold.

We wanted a character, it appears we're getting a costume instead. The ballot seems like false advertising at this point, which does not seem fair.

Please get off your high horse.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But... it IS self-entitlement because there people who feel like they deserve to get what they want because they're rallying about it. Hell, if the creator does not feel like this certain character should be in the game one way or another for a specific reason, he has all right to do. I mean heck, would you feel fine if you created this peace of work in a way YOU wanted it to be only have other people screaming how it should this way or how this should be put in this way.

Its not about forcing people to vote for what we want. Its about trying to show how great K. Rool is and find other K. Rool fans who may not be aware of it to bring him back. Plus, you're sitting here saying WE'RE self-entitled, when EVERY OTHER character fanbase is doing the EXACT SAME THING. At least we're a grassroots movement trying to get K. Rool back, whereas the likes of Shovel Knight and Shantae have the CREATORS basically BEGGING people to vote for their character to get into Smash.

EDIT: PLUS, there are also a lot of people undecided on who they want to vote for. We want to show how viable we think K. Rool is. Whether they choose to vote for K. Rool or not isn't up to us.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Now now, Kutthroats.
Let's not get in over our heads, we don't want the Moderators coming into this
Let's all be Gentlekremlings :4pacman:

Eureka

Smash Ace
You do that
I'll sit here and stay konfused :drshrug:
Now if I had to take an honest shot in the dark, I'd say what happened was you accidentally triggered an unlock for one of the empty "Mario" slots. It's possible that there was a programming error with the new patch that accidentally put in a corrupted unlock trigger for one of the empty slots that you happened to activate. However, because the game doesn't actually have any clue what to do after that, it simply crashed once it realized what was going on. I wouldn't bother trying to get it again though, if there is a corrupt unlock trigger in the game it's likely pointing to all sorts of wrong data as requirements. No idea if this is the case, but it's my best guess.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Now now, Kutthroats.
Let's not get in over our heads, we don't want the Moderators coming into this
Let's all be Gentlekremlings :4pacman:
We're only speaking up due to a prick who showed up complaining about our campaign despite all of the other campaigns doing the exact same thing.

ChozoSapien

Smash Rookie
This is the equivalent of going into the Isaac thread and saying "why are you guys even voting on the ballot for this character seriously stop being so self-entitled".

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Now if I had to take an honest shot in the dark, I'd say what happened was you accidentally triggered an unlock for one of the empty "Mario" slots. It's possible that there was a programming error with the new patch that accidentally put in a corrupted unlock trigger for one of the empty slots that you happened to activate. However, because the game doesn't actually have any clue what to do after that, it simply crashed once it realized what was going on. I wouldn't bother trying to get it again though, if there is a corrupt unlock trigger in the game it's likely pointing to all sorts of wrong data as requirements. No idea if this is the case, but it's my best guess.
So beating Klassic Mode as Dedede (Or any kharacter, I was just Dedede at the time) on 7.0 triggered one of the Marios?
How pekuliar.
Here I was thinking that DLC Characters were purchase only.
Either that or the game just glitched and tried triggering the unlock for a previous kharacter (Best example would be Game & Watch or Duck Hunt, 3DS version)
This is quite strange. :dr^_^:

jrocy247

Smash Rookie
You remind me of an old friend from the Ridley Thread
She (If it even is a she) got perma banned...twice...but you're a 1:1 with her personality :4pacman:
I don't necessarily care for what she got banned for nor her personality since that's irrelevant. But I assume she was banned because she disagreed with what everyone else has been agreeing to. Which really sends a message to how people response and react to opposing opinions that don't end with "Yeah, I guess your right", or some other manner

Hobler

Smash Rookie
So i noticed something in the new mii costume trailer...

So, In the trailer whenever it shows the King K. Rool Costume. You hear Kongo jungle. But i can tell this Kongo jungle sounds a bit different then the one already in the game. So could this possibly be a new song for the future?

Just a theory.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We're only speaking up due to a prick who showed up complaining about our campaign despite all of the other campaigns doing the exact same thing.
Well, it isn't Raheem The Dream level of reactions, so I guess you're right on that one
But "prick" is quite the harsh word, no? :drshrug:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's been 48 hours, I've calmed down since the initial reveal.

The way I see it, regardless of the costume, there are two outcomes:

1) Sakurai is adamantly against K. Rool no matter what.
2) Sakurai will develop K. Rool due to his popularity, uniqueness, and moveset potential.

I love Smash Bros., and I especially love Smash 4, it's my favorite in the series and I've put in over a hundred hours into both console versions. At this point, this is my final ride. I'm too old to actively continue Smash speculation. So I'm gonna put everything I have into this last battle for my most wanted Smash character, and whether he gets in or not, I'll just enjoy whatever comes out of the series in the future without losing sleep over development choices.

I have lots of ways I can think of to accumulate votes in these last two months. I know I'll be picking up the slack for those that have given up the fight. I encourage everyone to expect the worst, but hope for the best. The worst of it is over; if he doesn't make it, we'll be ready for this result.

The end times are upon us. The question is, will the credits be rolling, or the Kredits?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's been 48 hours, I've calmed down since the initial reveal.

The way I see it, regardless of the costume, there are two outcomes:

1) Sakurai is adamantly against K. Rool no matter what.
2) Sakurai will develop K. Rool due to his popularity, uniqueness, and moveset potential.
I suggest a 3rd outkome on this scenario;
What if Sakurai wanted King K. Rool, but Rareware didn't allow a full-fledged kharacter?
That's a possibility!
It's sorta like the :4pacman: scenario, but in reverse!
NAMCO wants PAC-MAN to have his Ghostly Adventures design, but Sakurai wanted it to be Klassic!
Sakurai could want King K. Rool as a Fighter, but Rareware didn't want that at the time, but gave the OK for the Costume!

Rareware could have changed their minds on the matter at any point after the Kostume was developed, you never know! :dr^_^:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The character ballot is pulling the letters-to-Santa trick.
One time when I was a wee lad, I did the H0H-0H0 thing
They never responded
Kome next year and I try again, I get 2 letters! For both last year and that year!
And the funny thing is, they were exactly the same in every way!
It's like they got a bot or something working the whole thing! :dr^_^:

Last edited:

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
So i noticed something in the new mii costume trailer...

So, In the trailer whenever it shows the King K. Rool Costume. You hear Kongo jungle. But i can tell this Kongo jungle sounds a bit different then the one already in the game. So could this possibly be a new song for the future?

Just a theory.
a gay theory

jrocy247

Smash Rookie
Its not about forcing people to vote for what we want. Its about trying to show how great K. Rool is and find other K. Rool fans who may not be aware of it to bring him back. Plus, you're sitting here saying WE'RE self-entitled, when EVERY OTHER character fanbase is doing the EXACT SAME THING. At least we're a grassroots movement trying to get K. Rool back, whereas the likes of Shovel Knight and Shantae have the CREATORS basically BEGGING people to vote for their character to get into Smash.

EDIT: PLUS, there are also a lot of people undecided on who they want to vote for. We want to show how viable we think K. Rool is. Whether they choose to vote for K. Rool or not isn't up to us.
I didn't say you guys were "Forcing" people. Please don't put words in my mouth. What I'm saying is that it's kinda BS for people react to this in such a manner as if they got cheated or didn't get what they want when we're LITERALLY not even at the end result. I know you guys don't care what Outside Opinions. Again, This is apparently becoming a s**tstorm only because a Costume was announced. I'm not wrong to say it's a Knee Jerk reaction when I saw how people reacted to it specifically. Most of the attention, SEEMS to be coming from K. Rool Specifically.

If there's no need to worry, or believing K.Rool is at the top of the brackets....Why was this Controversy existing and people feel like K. Rool got cheated when he didn't...yet.

Eureka

Smash Ace
So beating Klassic Mode as Dedede (Or any kharacter, I was just Dedede at the time) on 7.0 triggered one of the Marios?
How pekuliar.
Here I was thinking that DLC Characters were purchase only.
Either that or the game just glitched and tried triggering the unlock for a previous kharacter (Best example would be Game & Watch or Duck Hunt, 3DS version)
This is quite strange. :dr^_^:
It could have been pointing to any character, but I think the game has a clause that disables the ability for a character to be unlocked once it has been unlocked, so I'd guess it was one of the "Marios". Also, while you do need to pay to unlock a DLC character, their data is still in the game. There was a person who was able to play as Roy and Ryu when the patch dropped early by copying their data over real Mario's. And the crazy thing about corrupt triggers is they can be pointing to literally anything in the game data. So while it could have been playing DeDeDe on 7.0 intensity, it could have been your gold count, game time, position on screen, character play time, or even your battery life. Or, depending on how and where it was programmed, it could literally have a different requirement every single time. Of course this is just me putting on that tin foil hat and there's a good chance I will be proven wrong once the patch gets data mined fully.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I suggest a 3rd outkome on this scenario;
What if Sakurai wanted King K. Rool, but Rareware didn't allow a full-fledged kharacter?
That's a possibility!
It's sorta like the :4pacman: scenario, but in reverse!
NAMCO wants PAC-MAN to have his Ghostly Adventures design, but Sakurai wanted it to be Klassic!
Sakurai could want King K. Rool as a Fighter, but Rareware didn't want that at the time, but gave the OK for the Costume!

Rareware could have changed their minds on the matter at any point after the Kostume was developed, you never know! :dr^_^:
Hmm, except Nintendo has full rights to King K. Rool, not Rare Ware. Not so sure of the design though, perhaps classic design of K. Rool belongs to Rare Ware, but that still bothers me...

The character ballot is pulling the letters-to-Santa trick.
Well, I mean, Issac is probably pretty high up in the ballot and he didn't get a costume, but why would they choose him before K. Rool, who's probably higher than him. I don't necessarily think they're ignoring the ballot, more so if anything, King K. Rool, who I still believe might be seen in the future. Who knows. Maybe first place in the ballot gets a costume AND a character...

Eureka

Smash Ace
I didn't say you guys were "Forcing" people. Please don't put words in my mouth. What I'm saying is that it's kinda BS for people react to this in such a manner as if they got cheated or didn't get what they want when we're LITERALLY not even at the end result. I know you guys don't care what Outside Opinions. Again, This is apparently becoming a s**tstorm only because a Costume was announced. I'm not wrong to say it's a Knee Jerk reaction when I saw how people reacted to it specifically. Most of the attention, SEEMS to be coming from K. Rool Specifically.

If there's no need to worry, or believing K.Rool is at the top of the brackets....Why was this Controversy existing and people feel like K. Rool got cheated when he didn't...yet.
People are jumping to conclusions, simple. However, it should be noted it is SOME people who are jumping to conclusions, not MOST people. The K. Rool fans are trying to get everyone back together who may have panicked and abandoned ship, but the vast majority of people understand that this doesn't kill their chances. And to be fair, a reaction is expected when something like this comes up that potentially threatens something you have been putting in so much work for.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It could have been pointing to any character, but I think the game has a clause that disables the ability for a character to be unlocked once it has been unlocked, so I'd guess it was one of the "Marios". Also, while you do need to pay to unlock a DLC character, their data is still in the game. There was a person who was able to play as Roy and Ryu when the patch dropped early by copying their data over real Mario's. And the crazy thing about corrupt triggers is they can be pointing to literally anything in the game data. So while it could have been playing DeDeDe on 7.0 intensity, it could have been your gold count, game time, position on screen, character play time, or even your battery life. Or, depending on how and where it was programmed, it could literally have a different requirement every single time. Of course this is just me putting on that tin foil hat and there's a good chance I will be proven wrong once the patch gets data mined fully.
Reminds me of back in the 3DS Demo days where someone said that getting 20,000G would unlock PAC-MAN!
You never know what to believe until it happens! :dr^_^:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
People are jumping to conclusions, simple. However, it should be noted it is SOME people who are jumping to conclusions, not MOST people. The K. Rool fans are trying to get everyone back together who may have panicked and abandoned ship, but the vast majority of people understand that this doesn't kill their chances. And to be fair, a reaction is expected when something like this comes up that potentially threatens something you have been putting in so much work for.
They've abandoned the Gangplank Galleon?

This has a 0% chance of being true.
Thank you, I was kinda hoping for confirmation on that.

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
Why was this Controversy existing and people feel like K. Rool got cheated when he didn't...yet.
Maybe because it's just a normal human reaction to things like this? Everyone lost it with the Metaknight Mask being revealed 2 days before he actually got revealed and people were jumping to conclusions.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't think so. K. Rool doesn't belong to RARE at all
Well, I guess that's correct.
But I'm only human, I get my facts wrong every so often. :dr^_^:
Maybe because it's just a normal human reaction to things like this? Everyone lost it with the Metaknight Mask being revealed 2 days before he actually got revealed and people were jumping to conclusions.
I was one of them!
Can't have a Smash without my Meta Bro in there! :drohyou:

StormC

Smash Hero
I do think it's important to note that there was something holding back K. Rool in each potential game.

Melee: This game a TOTAL shi7show. Limited development time, tons and tons of famous Nintendo characters in line ahead of K. Rool, Rare relations being tense, it just was bad all around.
Brawl: Arguably had the least holding him back of any of the games, but Diddy and almost Dixie's inclusion likely prevented him from being added as very rarely do franchises get more than one character added per game (especially more than one non-clone).
3DS/Wii U: M-M-Muh relevance.

Sakurai has known people have wanted K. Rool since Brawl, at least. Whether or not he adds him now, with nothing standing in his way? That remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Eureka

Smash Ace
Now that I think about it, if it booted you back to the main menu that means the game didn't crash. More likely, it means the game didn't have a routine programmed after the initial challenger trigger. Of course, that would mean that there are multiple stages to the character unlock trigger before preceding to a battle. Then again, why would it run the ending script if it didn't even progress through a character unlock battle? Does the game have a fail safe system for situations like this? Or does it simply skip through the different phases until hits the one that brings you back to the main menu?

Whoops I think I feel my tin foil hat melting on top of my head. Although I do wonder how they decided to program the game.

Top Bottom