• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
WONDERFUL.png

I made an entire desktop background of Miiverse posts (With a bunch of silly ones at the far right).
Yeah.

Apparently Bob-Omb Battlefield got a Remix for Peach's Castle
I need to listen to that soon

StormC

Smash Hero
I was referring to this.
At the end, when all of the fighters are lined up, King K. Rool is at the front, not only that, but when they show the pictures of all the costumes, K. Rool is at the center. It could mean nothing, but it is a bit odd, especially with all the other peculiarities about this patch.
That clip of DK carrying the Super Mushroomed K. Rool costume... is that Sakurai's way of saying he's too big? :urg:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Take this as a grain of salt, but the Black Knight Mii costume fully covers the head. There are mii costumes that cover the entire Mii face so that the costume can look as accurate to the real character as possible, and K. Rool's costume did not get that treatment. What could this mean...

Sorry about my straw grasping, I just thought I should bring that up. I am fully aware of how flawed my reasoning is. I just wish the best for you K. Rool supporters

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Take this as a grain of salt, but the Black Knight Mii costume fully covers the head. There are mii costumes that cover the entire Mii face so that the costume can look as accurate to the real character as possible, and K. Rool's costume did not get that treatment. What could this mean...

Sorry about my straw grasping, I just thought I should bring that up
K.K. Slider and Isabelle also don't have their faces covered

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
anyone know what the music selections are on the new stages?
Peach's Castle
Peach's Castle (SSB)
Mario 64 Main Theme (Remix)
Slide (Super Mario 64)
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 2)

Hyrule Castle
Hyrule Castle (SSB)
Overworld Theme (Zelda 1)
Overworld Theme (Link to the Past)
Hyrule Field (Ocarina of Time)
Termina Field (Majora's Mask)
The Legend of Zelda Medley (new version of the Overworld theme)

Also, you automatically unlock the K.K. Slider costume.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Is it just me, or has there been an increase in green-alt Donkey Kongs online, these last couple of days? I assume that it's a loosely-connected K. Rool support movement?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Can I just say that the Flying Man costume annoys me on extreme levels?

Not because it exists. I love it as an idea, and think Flying Man's Magicant plays tyke fits perfectly with Mii Brawler. I'm annoyed by the stupid mascot head ruining it from being perfect. That outfit would be perfect if it covered the whole head. We could have felt like we were playing as Flying Man, but now we have this giant Mii face, ruining the illusion that we are Flying Man,

It just feels like a potentially perfect opportunity kinda ruined.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
K.K. Slider and Isabelle also don't have their faces covered
Yeah, I was aware of that. Same with the Flying Man. I just thought it was strange that a Mii costume would cover an entire character's face, considering how Mii fighters are about bringing your own fighters into Smash, and the helmet completely blocks the unique facial features that define Miis. This has been somewhat done with other Mii Helmets (such as the Meta Knight mask), but never to the extent of completely covering a Mii's face.

I guess my post was a little too straw graspy

Last edited:

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Wow, im dissappointed with myself for not noticing that Classic K Rool doesnt have the jewel, and that its from Modern K Rool, that makes it nicer and that video has a nice point

Supporters dropping because of something that was never fully stated to not have K Rool in is whats gonna lower his chances.

Keep supporting no matter what until the very end!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Etikas video on trailer

He still thinks king k rool is deconfirmed

Even with samus's suit in that and its exactly the same as other m samus suit which is the one samus is wearing.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Well I was hoping a video that went with it would tease K. Rool but nope. No wolf either.

Well, I guess we shouldn't have expected much more.

Hopefully we will get something in August. Not having to want to flip through the past 15 pages, did we learn anything more from the Japanese twitter or is everything still in limbo until the next Direct?

Eureka

Smash Ace
So I went back and took a look at the trailers for the first two Mii outfit waves. In each one, the Mii at the front of the line was also the Mii in the center of the group of pictures. Each time the first two characters had some sort of significance.

In wave one, the Mii at the front was X, followed by Protoman, two very popular and anticipated costumes.
In wave two it was Heihachi, who was in Ryu's trailer, followed by Inkling, who had already been announced as a cross-promotion with Splatoon.
Now we have K. Rool in the front, followed by Lloyd, two very popular characters in the ballot.

Not only that, but they are showcased more then the other outfits, appearing in the main image for both of the bundles and being first and second also in one of the images of the main bundle (which features a different order then the lineup in the video), the center of the group shot for that bundle, and the K. Rool outfit is in the front on the shop screen.

However, let's not bust out the tin foil hats just yet. This is likely just the fact that they are outfits of very popular characters, and Nintendo is just showing them off because they want people to buy them. Furthermore, the K. Rool and Lloyd costumes are the highest quality (in my opinion) out of all the costumes in this wave, so it makes sense Nintendo is prominently displaying them.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well I was hoping a video that went with it would tease K. Rool but nope. No wolf either.

Well, I guess we shouldn't have expected much more.

Hopefully we will get something in August. Not having to want to flip through the past 15 pages, did we learn anything more from the Japanese twitter or is everything still in limbo until the next Direct?
We're just sitting in Limbo.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If this is Sakurai's way of showing us that King K. Rool won't be playable, I feel like he will explain why he isn't being added sometime in the near future.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Random question, but am I the only person who likes the brawl remix of Stickerbush Symphony?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I just watched the 5 minute video linked sometime before telling us not to worry about K. Rool not being a character, and I agree. Let's just keep voting, campaigning, and use this to our own benefit.

D

Deleted member

i bought the K.rool coustume.. im not going to use it but its the best i can do to support.
I actually like the idea of King K. Rool being revealed in a trailer with him kicking that mii impostor out of the way before showing what he's really like.
that gives me an idea,
*intro sound effect* the mii in the monkey outfit is fighting the k.rool one on the boxing stage then you hear a laugh then suddenly out of nowhere. k.rool behind the
k.rool mii and appears with a grin on his face
KING K.ROOL IS NOT IRRELEVANT YOU DUMB LUNKHEADS or whatever you think it will say he sends both miis off the stage then we see his moveset....

sorry im not very good at this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eureka

Smash Ace
Etikas video on trailer

He still thinks king k rool is deconfirmed

Even with samus's suit in that and its exactly the same as other m samus suit which is the one samus is wearing.
Actually no, he said at the end of the video to not give up hope and let your voices be heard through the ballot, and a Mii costume does not mean they can't get in as a character.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I doubt this was a pre-ballot costume. I find it highly unlikely that Sakurai decided to make a K. Rool costume, a character he's basically ignored in every other Smash installment. I don't think it's a coincidence that the costume has appeared months after the ballot opened and they'd have a clear idea who the frontrunners are.

I just think it's Sakurai acknolwedging his ballot popularity, but for w/e reason he didn't think he'd make a good fighter so he gave us a costume instead. That's the kind of thing he does; if he knows someone is popular but he doesn't like them as a fighter, he pays tribute in a lesser way. He's done that before.

Random question, but am I the only person who likes the brawl remix of Stickerbush Symphony?
Yes

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Actually no, he said at the end of the video to not give up hope and let your voices be heard through the ballot, and a Mii costume does not mean they can't get in as a character.
Oh

I thought he said he still thought it just before that

I tink it was if you still want to believe hes in keep your hopes up.)

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
This may be a crazy idea but what if Sakurai has not said anything yet because K Rool is in development? I would imagine all of this controversy would give SOME response to this issue. If K. Rool is in the works then Sakurai may want to keep it a surprise.

Either way, I am happy that the thread bounced back mostly. People are becoming more confident and rationalizing the issue. I find it awesome that K. Rool is shown front and center, almost as if to say "We know you want this character." If we can get both the Mii costumes AND K. Rool, that would be amazing.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This may be a crazy idea but what if Sakurai has not said anything yet because K Rool is in development? I would imagine all of this controversy would give SOME response to this issue. If K. Rool is in the works then Sakurai may want to keep it a surprise.

Either way, I am happy that the thread bounced back mostly. People are becoming more confident and rationalizing the issue. I find it awesome that K. Rool is shown front and center, almost as if to say "We know you want this character." If we can get both the Mii costumes AND K. Rool, that would be amazing.
Is it possible

Like cjszero on that youtube video said

"Its not over until they say so and not till the ballot is done.)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Ugh...can't believe I'm doing this:

I don't buy Mii Outfits, at all. Only ever bought characters and stages. I'm definitely buying Peach's and Hyrule Castle...and also that stupid K. Rool outfit. I know buying it or not buying it will not affect K. Rool's chances as a fighter, but it'll be a taste of things to come.

I already resent my vote voicing my desire to see a playable character K. Rool and why he should be one and not just a costume, so I don't feel totally bad for buying into this.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
CJ said he was still deciding whether to vote K. Rool or a different character, last I remember. Hopefully the need for a final push for the King will tip his decision in our favor.

I wish more Nintendo-related YouTube channels were less like Etika's and more like CJ's.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Ugh...can't believe I'm doing this:

I don't buy Mii Outfits, at all. Only ever bought characters and stages. I'm definitely buying Peach's and Hyrule Castle...and also that stupid K. Rool outfit. I know buying it or not buying it will not affect K. Rool's chances as a fighter, but it'll be a taste of things to come.

I already resent my vote voicing my desire to see a playable character K. Rool and why he should be one and not just a costume, so I don't feel totally bad for buying into this.
I'm in the same galleon, but the way I see it, £1.09 for the outfit for both versions of the game is a good investment, since it directly tells them that K. Rool sells.

I did name my temporary K. Ostume Mii "Imposter!" for the laughs, though. :laugh:

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
wa... WA.. WHAT HAPPENING?

some update for everything while i was camping?

KING K. ROOL AS A MII KOSTUME?

:| no responce

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Can someone make a .gif of K.Rool shooting a tied up DK with the blunderbuss and beating him from DKC2 for me? I would appreciate it. :)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm in the same galleon, but the way I see it, £1.09 for the outfit for both versions of the game is a good investment, since it directly tells them that K. Rool sells.

I did name my temporary K. Ostume Mii "Imposter!" for the laughs, though. :laugh:
I know, but it's just...lose-lose to me. Don't buy it and "K. Rool obviously won't sell", or buy it and "They seem to be content with this, no need to make a full fighter".

God ****ing damnit, Sakurai.

Edit: I added the funds for a mii costume but I haven't bought the K. Rool one. It's a very trivial 80 cents but somehow I still feel -WRONG- buying this thing.

Edit again: I'm super frickin happy that the Super Mario 64 is the alternate song on the 3DS version. MEMORIES..even though its a remix. It's nice to have the two 64 castle stages back, it makes the 3DS stage selection suck less (I don't have a Wii U anymore so I'm settling for this)

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I know, but it's just...lose-lose to me. Don't buy it and "K. Rool obviously won't sell", or buy it and "They seem to be content with this, no need to make a full fighter".
Business tends to be a bit more black-and-white than that, in my experience, which is why I'm not worried about this. :)

D

Deleted member

God ****ing damnit, Sakurai.
but if the costume sell much better then the others and they take the ballot in mind maybe they will think "good god we need to make this guy a fighter we will get TWICE the amount of money and stuff" that's what i hope for.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
uuugh another balance patch already!? i'm really starting to get sick of this game changing every bloody month! and still in the dark about what the hell this costume stuff even means. i'm really hating smash 4 right now..

Eureka

Smash Ace
No fan of a character would be content with just a Mii fighter outfight. If the K. Rool costume sells, they won't think "okay they bought the costume, now they won't buy the fighter" they'll think "we made a lot of money off of this, let's make a character to make more money of that too." Assuming, of course, that the ballot popularity is there (which it almost certainly is). Also, I'm pretty sure Nintendo has figured out people's opinions of the costume, from people saying they won't buy it because they want a character, to people saying they will buy it to show Nintendo they like the character. I really don't think the sales of K. Rool's costume will have any effect on his chances in the ballot.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
the scale texture is way too good; --There's no chance that all this kind of detail was done only for a Mii Costume (which is fun, but.... a 10-min Fun, at very least).

Top Bottom