• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

So looks like K Rools main challengers appear to be from games which aren't represented in Smash Bros in regards to characters and stages.

In KKR's case the developers would only have to make the character and that's it. They wouldnt have to add any extra content, like a stage, music, trophies,etc

Would you think this is an advantage in regards to our lord and saviours chances to get into Smash? With that he is already from a franchise which is represented?

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I've just found out something strange. I call myself a supporter of the King, I've voted for him in the ballot and I'm even following the page on Twitter "@BringBackKRool" but for some reason I've never posted anything here.
IDK, probably I've never found the right thing to say for the first post, but now I've a (probably stupid) question...
Has somebody made a King K. Rool head, like these:4mario::4dk::4mewtwo:?
If so, could this somebody please send me the URL, so I'm able to put it on my signature?
Thank you very much, and let's keep to #KrocTheVote!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've just found out something strange. I call myself a supporter of the King, I've voted for him in the ballot and I'm even following the page on Twitter "@BringBackKRool" but for some reason I've never posted anything here.
IDK, probably I've never found the right thing to say for the first post, but now I've a (probably stupid) question...
If so, could this somebody please send me the URL, so I'm able to put it on my signature?
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You rang?

I aim to please.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
You know it's funny how much Rare has made an impact on so many, you can really see it wen you look at the highest voted/wanted characters.

King K. Rool
Banjo & Kazooie
Dixie
Krystal

All of them developed by Rare. Rare was one heck of a company. I can't wait for project Ukelele, I hope so bad that Nintendo starts to collaborate with Playtonic in the future. Could you imagine if Playtonics game came out on the Wii U Nintendo sees it and wants to work with them again like the old days. That would be a dream come true! Imagine if they worked on DK after Retro I'd be too happy!

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
This theme would be perfect for a K. Rool reveal trailer with him in his boxing outfit taking on Little Mac in the ring. xD

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
This theme would be perfect for a K. Rool reveal trailer with him in his boxing outfit taking on Little Mac in the ring. xD
I think making it like a little more fast or heavy metal or rock n roll would fit him well thats how I see him again I don't know so much about the character but at a glance he needs al that epic heavy music if you know what I am trying to say.

Something like this: skip to 0:22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMnxgMR4MSw&list=FLO2_xpGlPSKUNRvn_PJrj2Q#t=47

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I think making it like a little more fast or heavy metal or rock n roll would fit him well thats how I see him again I don't know so much about the character but at a glance he needs al that epic heavy music if you know what I am trying to say
OR it could cut to gangplank galleon or crocodile cacophony after it plays that, like when it gets too overwhelming after Mac, he throws off his suit revealing his iconic red cape and all then pulls out his blunderbuss and starts really kicking butt.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I feel like a mom saying "Kids, have you done your homework yet" , but ...
Did you vote ?

I believe that if only the SWF fanbase keep the votes everyday, we already will take the number 1 spot.
Don't ever let the popularity polls on the internet betray you, we are number 1 because we are voting, or we will be not.
Small but dedicated fanbases cannot win over us.I'm voting a couple of times each day, sometimes for Dixie, sometimes for King K.Rool.
Let's make a impact.

----------------------------------------
(I know that some people here don't give a **** about Dixie Kong but I have this feeling that if we manage to make both be one of the 3-most voted, we will win a patch with "Dixie + K.Rool" as newcomers.
So, if this seems good for you, vote for her sometimes too.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
It's been a little over a week since the Fighter Ballot, I gotta say I'm still in shock. I've voiced a lot of positive comments (and votes) since but truthfully, I've been acting paranoid pessimistic like crazy. When it comes to K. Rool, it's strange for me to go from "not likely" to "practically guaranteed" so suddenly. All the pieces are set for K. Rool to make an epic comeback and my mind is not willing to accept it yet for some reason. It's always looking for excuses and reasons to leave out K. Rool that consistently get proven wrong time and again. popularity, potential, how he tops every chart I come across. I cannot say it enough, I'm rooting for the Kroc, ever since I was a little kid when Melee came out. This could be it (I dunno why, I really wanted to get that off my chest).

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
It's been a little over a week since the Fighter Ballot, I gotta say I'm still in shock. I've voiced a lot of positive comments (and votes) since but truthfully, I've been acting paranoid pessimistic like crazy. When it comes to K. Rool, it's strange for me to go from "not likely" to "practically guaranteed" so suddenly. All the pieces are set for K. Rool to make an epic comeback and my mind is not willing to accept it yet for some reason. It's always looking for excuses and reasons to leave out K. Rool that consistently get proven wrong time and again. popularity, potential, how he tops every chart I come across. I cannot say it enough, I'm rooting for the Kroc, ever since I was a little kid when Melee came out. This could be it (I dunno why, I really wanted to get that off my chest).
It still baffles me. He was my dream pick before the game came out, but I thought his chances were incredibly slim. Now all of a sudden people are like "Oh yeah, he's a shoo-in" which makes me happy, but I'm still not willing to say he's a guarantee. We must not fall into a false sense of security and think he's in. We need to keep pushing until the very end

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Seriously, if k.rool is not dlc , SAKURAI BIAS.
i'm not a troll or a young kid who hate sakurai for his choices. ( dark pit! )
But come on, K.ROOL need to be in smash!

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think K. Rool's Final Smash should be him falling down on the ground, playing dead, and then the credits roll up. While the credits roll, every character except for K. Rool would start taunting uncontrollably, leaving you free to do a powerful smash attack on them.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Not trying to sound butthurt or to offend anyone but the fact that guys like Rosalina and Greninja are in the game but K.Rool and Isaac from Golden Sun are barely trophies make me sick. I really hope both make it in with the ballot's help.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I think K. Rool's Final Smash should be him falling down on the ground, playing dead, and then the credits roll up. While the credits roll, every character except for K. Rool would start taunting uncontrollably, leaving you free to do a powerful smash attack on them.
And when a letter of the Kredits hits and opponent, it inflicts damage, like, 3% per letter hit? Guess it would be similar to Peach's Final Smash in a sense, as it doesn't inflict knockback and lets you charge a Smash attack for maximum kill power instead.

I think it already has been mentioned here, but in my opinion if anything is holding back K. Rool as a potential fighter in Smash Bros. it's the fact that Sakurai likes to get feedback from the original creators, and those don't work for Nintendo anymore. Considering those have created their own studio Playtonic Games, maybe Sakurai could contact them to get that feedback he'd want before implementing K. Rool as a fighter in Smash.
Then again I kinda doubt Sakurai looked for creator feedback for Duck Hunt's moveset...

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's interesting to see how extensive K Rool's support has been so far even in the short amount of time this has been going on.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You rang?

I aim to please.
Oh awesome! Definitely gonna use the K.Rool and Banjo-Kazooie ones! Do you, by chance, have icons for Isaac, Dixie and Impa to?

Also, I just saw the actual tweet from Playtonic Games. I never knew they actually used one of @ N3ON N3ON 's banners till then! Big shout out from me for that one! Let's hope Camelot uses the Isaac banner you made next ;)

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
And when a letter of the Kredits hits and opponent, it inflicts damage, like, 3% per letter hit? Guess it would be similar to Peach's Final Smash in a sense, as it doesn't inflict knockback and lets you charge a Smash attack for maximum kill power instead.

I think it already has been mentioned here, but in my opinion if anything is holding back K. Rool as a potential fighter in Smash Bros. it's the fact that Sakurai likes to get feedback from the original creators, and those don't work for Nintendo anymore. Considering those have created their own studio Playtonic Games, maybe Sakurai could contact them to get that feedback he'd want before implementing K. Rool as a fighter in Smash.
Then again I kinda doubt Sakurai looked for creator feedback for Duck Hunt's moveset...
Personally I feel like the reason K.Rool and Dixie and the greater part of the DKC franchise in Smash has been ignored simply because Sakurai and Nintendo just really have no idea how popular the DK franchises other characters truly are. Sure the games have sold a lot but look at what happened after the Rare buyout DK went through a drought and what not. They made some generic games with the whole DK character catalog and they didn't do so hot. Nintnedo must have truly believed that the franchise was stale and that's why they sat the Kremlings for so long. When they went for a revival they didn't want it to look the same so they changed the enemies but it wasn't the enemies that sold the game it was the gameplay. Tropical Freeze also omitted the Kremlings probably because they wanted to repeat success. Now they're seeing just how popular King K. Rool is with fans, they're seeing that it wasn't the character catalogs that were stale people jut wanted a classic DK platformer. Hopefully now we will get the DKC game we've been waiting for and hopefully more exposure of the expanded DKC character catalog in other games. Could you imagine a Mario Party board were Bowsers swapped with K. Rool on a DK themed board? Or K.Rool in strikers or a future spin off title? That's a future I hope we see post this ballot

Last edited:

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
As long as we get the K Rool "SKRONK" in the game, I'll be happy. :)

Anyone else think they might do a few DLC costume packs? (K Rool alts, Lucina Roy Alt, OoT Ganondorf, Samus' Fusion Suit?)

blujay1524

Smash Cadet
When they went for a revival they didn't want it to look the same so they changed the enemies but it wasn't the enemies that sold the game it was the gameplay. Tropical Freeze also omitted the Kremlings probably because they wanted to repeat success.
I agree with most of what you said, but I feel like Retro probably wanted to make their own impression on the DK series instead of just being seen as rehashing Rare's DKC...but now that they've proven themselves, nobody would complain to see the Kremlings return in DKCR3

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How would you guys react if the DKC Cartoon's Opening Song is available along with K. Rool? :p
(I know it doesn't the slightest chance of happening,by the way.)

:231:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I agree with most of what you said, but I feel like Retro probably wanted to make their own impression on the DK series instead of just being seen as rehashing Rare's DKC...but now that they've proven themselves, nobody would complain to see the Kremlings return in DKCR3
It's been confirmed Miyamoto said that Retro had to get fresh, new enemies

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
WHY AREN'T BOWSER AND KING DEDEDE IN THE EVIL-THING
because ...i don't have answers :( you beat me
i think is because when i created this banner, wario and ganondorf was not revealed in smash 4
and i wanted ridley and k.rool for newcomers

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's been confirmed Miyamoto said that Retro had to get fresh, new enemies
Source...? All I've ever seen is he requested Diddy and Cranky, but let Retro do whatever they wanted with the rest.

StormC

Smash Hero
Not trying to sound butthurt or to offend anyone but the fact that guys like Rosalina and Greninja are in the game but K.Rool and Isaac from Golden Sun are barely trophies make me sick. I really hope both make it in with the ballot's help.
It helps that both Rosalina and Greninja have actually been in games in the last five years. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
How does it feel for everyone that their (possibly most wanted) character is the most voted as a newcomer?
It's definitely cathartic. Ever since the 3DS release, smug groups of users would band together and talk down about the K. Rool fanbase, about how "they're just a few vocal fans, they don't matter, our character(s) are so much better and more likely because they've been in new games." Now, they're left grasping at straws like "Oh, but random kids might shock everyone and vote in Goomba or someone" or "It's not a poll, it's a ballot so popularity doesn't matter at all." Desperation.

And in terms of the fanbase itself, everything feels so much more optimistic and positive. Sure, there's pressure to perform and get quality write-ups and votes in, but there's much less gloom and doom about how we have nothing left to do but wait and hope Retro adds K. Rool back so maybe he can get in next game. Right now, he's almost assuredly in the next DKC, and very probably one of the leading candidates to be chosen from the ballot as well.

And worst case scenario, that doesn't happen, Nintendo knows that, yes, Donkey Kong and its characters aren't just Western fads that aren't "fresh" enough for today's audiences, that aren't worth more than a wet fart in terms of Smash content. That's something to be proud of.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like a mom saying "Kids, have you done your homework yet" , but ...
Did you vote ?

I believe that if only the SWF fanbase keep the votes everyday, we already will take the number 1 spot.
Don't ever let the popularity polls on the internet betray you, we are number 1 because we are voting, or we will be not.
Small but dedicated fanbases cannot win over us.I'm voting a couple of times each day, sometimes for Dixie, sometimes for King K.Rool.
Let's make a impact.

----------------------------------------
(I know that some people here don't give a **** about Dixie Kong but I have this feeling that if we manage to make both be one of the 3-most voted, we will win a patch with "Dixie + K.Rool" as newcomers.
So, if this seems good for you, vote for her sometimes too.)
I don't think it's a good idea to be suggestion people publicly to vote for King K. Rool multiple times. People from Nintendo are going to be watching these threads and if they see people consistently encouraging voting a character multiple times, they may come to the conclusion that King K. Rool's fan base is a loud vocal cult that votes multiple times with the illusion that they're highly requested. We need to convince Nintendo that is worth the hard effort it will take to making King K. Rool a totally unique newcomer and suggesting people to vote a character multiple times is counter productive to that. They may even discount your vote if they find out about where you're voting at.

We are the fan base with the most wanted newcomer and I want Nintendo to be sure of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, I'd steer clear of discussing your voting practices in this thread. It's not the thread's business what you do, but keep in mind, Nintendo Treehouse members lurk these boards. Let's not risk our standing by giving off the impression that "it's just a few vote-spammers," because believe me, looking at all the Google results and tweets, it's definitely not.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I don't think it's a good idea to be suggestion people publicly to vote for King K. Rool multiple times. People from Nintendo are going to be watching these threads and if they see people consistently encouraging voting a character multiple times, they may come to the conclusion that King K. Rool's fan base is a loud vocal cult that votes multiple times with the illusion that they're highly requested. We need to convince Nintendo that is worth the hard effort it will take to making King K. Rool a totally unique newcomer and suggesting people to vote a character multiple times is counter productive to that. They may even discount your vote if they find out about where you're voting at.

We are the fan base with the most wanted newcomer and I want Nintendo to be sure of that.
Everyone one is doing it for their character...
am i the only one who is more intrested in what was going through sakurai's head when he announced the ballot and that they will be DLC Chars?
his idea?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd argue Greninja existed about...6 months before he was confirmed

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=148042
See that to be sounds like Retro themselves decided it, since Miyamoto wasn't a "developer", which fits with the idea that they just wanted to make their own impression on DKC.

Shame the Tikis turned out to be such miserable replacements for K. Rool and krew.

Honestly, had we not just come off the buyout era, and K. Rool had been present in a mainline recent DK game, I wouldn't have minded the Tikis at all. Same with the Snowmads. (Although I actually like the Snowmads, even if they feel like diet Kremlings. I feel like the two would work well together.)

Top Bottom