• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
You thought you'd share my drawing before I had an opportunity to post it, did you? How rude. :mad:
S-Sorry. Didn't pay attention to the NNID between the two.

I love it tho. :bee::c

Edit: Nor your username. I really screwed up on this one, didn't I?

Last edited:

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
Edit: Double posted.

Still love K Rool though!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If that force continue until october, K.Rool will be #1.
I just want Dixie to be #2 because that's the only scenario where is possible for us receive both.
I mean... she is quite cool too x_x
(In fact , Dixie is my favorite videogame character ever. I think K.Rool would be a cooler fighter anyway).

64 - > DK
Melee -> Diddy (WHY NOT ? We got Falco... DK was much bigger than Star fox, **** you Sakurai!!!)
Brawl -> K.Rool (He already deserves enough to be in Brawl... there's Wolf and 3 Kirby chars after all).
SmashU -> Dixie ( With her comeback at Tropical Freeze, she debuts in Smash too).
DLC - > Cranky

That's what we should receive in a world where Sakurai don't hate DK soo much.
I honestly think this poll is the best thing for DK as a series.
Sakurai will get just a sampling of how much DK fans could be given, and cry for it.
I honestly think we will get both Dixie and K Rool.

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Paper Mario is my most wanted, but I will gladly fight for the king. Excellent pick. Limitless moves sets. ENDLESS STYLE. His kit could be the first of its kind. A super heavyweight that can do well with projectiles and hit hard on the ground.
Was original very much for the inclusion of Paper Mario in the Pre-Smash4 Speculation Build-up, but now that we have Dr. Mario I'd rather not. Don't get me wrong, I still think he'd have an awesome moveset and such, but having 3 Marios in the game rubs me the wrong way.

But that's besides the point, glad to have you fighting for our King

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
Speaking of that straw poll, our Kremling King is triumphing over Wonder Red at the minute!:b:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Have a link to the finals of the 4chan Smash poll, K. Rool thread. We're up against Wonder Red in the Wonderful 101 headquarters itself, so don't underestimate him.

http://strawpoll.me/4051083
Holy ****, as of my vote they were dead even at 50%, with K. Rool having one more vote. Go me!

And the King pulls ahead!

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is going back and forth. Good to see K. Rool's 4chan's either the first or second favorite option. That's a powerful ally to have in this election, heh.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
The fact K.Rool was able to take down the Meme King of the Jungle on 4chan speaks volumes.

K. Rool can even overcome ****posting!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Where in the heck did the Wonder Red support come from anyway? It's not like W101 sold well even for the Wii U.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, should the results of this poll even be taken into consideration with all of these bots?

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I'm not taking it seriously anymore. I know it's 4chan but the frequency of votes is insane too insane for 4chan in my mind.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
On the topic of Dixie, Rayman is my choice for a hair fighter. Rayman could have most of Dixie's hair based attacks and still have tons more to work with moveset wise than Dixie ever could.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Honestly this poll in the long run is the best thing for K.Rool in general.

Even in the worst case scenario which is K. Rool getting snubbed despite the massive amount of fan support he's getting. Nintendo is getting to see first hand how much DK fans love him. I mean how much more do we have to do to prove our dedication. This would hopefully mean we'd be seeing a return of the King sooner than later in the mainline DK games and perhaps more spinoffs. Nintendo can't possibly ignore what's happening. If they do then there's some deeper reason for his lack of acknowledgement lately.

I mean even before this official poll K. Rool was asked about when Returns was coming and TF, enough for Retro to comment about it. Then Smash 4 was coming and once again fans were asking about him. Nintendo can not possibly ignore him any longer, and I believe that they won't following this poll regardless of it's success in terms of Smash. The best case scenario is his inclusion in Smash 4 and then in DKC again and maybe some more spinoff appearances. This is probably one of the best things that could happen for him. I for one am EXTREMELY excited to see what will come.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly this poll in the long run is the best thing for K.Rool in general.

Even in the worst case scenario which is K. Rool getting snubbed despite the massive amount of fan support he's getting. Nintendo is getting to see first hand how much DK fans love him. I mean how much more do we have to do to prove our dedication. This would hopefully mean we'd be seeing a return of the King sooner than later in the mainline DK games and perhaps more spinoffs. Nintendo can't possibly ignore what's happening. If they do then there's some deeper reason for his lack of acknowledgement lately.

I mean even before this official poll K. Rool was asked about when Returns was coming and TF, enough for Retro to comment about it. Then Smash 4 was coming and once again fans were asking about him. Nintendo can not possibly ignore him any longer, and I believe that they won't following this poll regardless of it's success in terms of Smash. The best case scenario is his inclusion in Smash 4 and then in DKC again and maybe some more spinoff appearances. This is probably one of the best things that could happen for him. I for one am EXTREMELY excited to see what will come.
Agreed. Plus, even though he is not the winner, K. Rool did manage to last this long, though I would not take a poll from 4Chan seriously with all those bots. Still, even with the final poll results, there are still a lot of people who want the king in, and there's no reason to ignore him now with all the votes he has been getting on the ballot.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Agreed. Plus, even though he is not the winner, K. Rool did manage to last this long, though I would not take a poll from 4Chan seriously with all those bots. Still, even with the final poll results, there are still a lot of people who want the king in, and there's no reason to ignore him now with all the votes he has been getting on the ballot.
lol I was referring strictly to the actual Fighter Ballot but the 4chan poll does show bots or not that he's wanted quite a bit even beyond Smashboards.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
lol I was referring strictly to the actual Fighter Ballot but the 4chan poll does show bots or not that he's wanted quite a bit even beyond Smashboards.
Oh, my bad. It is possible for K. Rool to be snubbed, but with all the votes and support he has been getting, I would not say it is that likely, don'tcha think?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
The reddit poll was legitimate and don't believe there was much botting done to it. I mean look at the comments on the threads section. This 4chan thread to me rings that there's 10 wonder red fanboys who were all botting to see results that make them sleep easy at night. I don't even think Nintendo would take anything seriously out of 4chan in the first place lol, or even see anything from 4chan

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wonder Red's "victory" in this poll does not demean K. Rool as a character, nor does it for a split-second suggest Red is "the enemy".

I support both. There's no competition here at all.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
The reddit poll was legitimate and don't believe there was much botting done to it. I mean look at the comments on the threads section. This 4chan thread to me rings that there's 10 wonder red fanboys who were all botting to see results that make them sleep easy at night. I don't even think Nintendo would take anything seriously out of 4chan in the first place lol, or even see anything from 4chan
This. This is why I'm not taking it seriously.

Also I wouldn't there's no competition, a poll directly pits other characters against each other.

Regarding the poll, I'm honestly not dented by it. Wonder Red has almost no support outside of fricken 4chan while Rool has a **** ton of Japan and Western support among other countries.

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool poster update #62836427165483655.

Drawing Diddy. I spent a great deal of time trying to construct a cage for Diddy to be confined in. Got pretty far in until I realised I was beating a dead horse and was getting nowhere. Which happens.

Then I got some inspiration.

I've decided to take a nod from the DKC1 instruction manual. My favourite DKC as it happens.

"It was a dark and stormy nite..."
For those not in the know, there's a little story setting up DKC1 in the manual which depicts what Diddy was doing when DK's precious banana hoard was stolen. What he was doing was being captured while on night watch during said-dark and stormy nite. They incapacitated him and sealed him in a barrel. (Hence the game o_O)

And the culprit of poor Diddy's downfall was Klump.

My drawing is more or less intended to be inspired by the original Donkey Kong Country so why not? A nice send-up for the DKU aficionados.

(Note: Much as I love her, Dixie's not going to be part of this. Despite my method of containing DK being a nod to DKC2. I wanted this to be based on the original primarily. Besides I'm not that well-versed in the game to do it the right kind of justice I feel. Not from me at least.)

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
I don't get why anyone would want King Krule in Smash. I mean his music is great don't get me wrong but I just don't think he would fit in very well. How could you even make a moveset for him? Does he have an appeal outside of vinyl collectors? I don't think the Japanese would like him very much.

https://youtu.be/jtqCINuWPE8

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I don't get why anyone would want King Krule in Smash. I mean his music is great don't get me wrong but I just don't think he would fit in very well. How could you even make a moveset for him? Does he have an appeal outside of vinyl collectors? I don't think the Japanese would like him very much.

https://youtu.be/jtqCINuWPE8
He'd probably just be a Bowser clone anyway.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
On the note of Dixie; since Wolf and Falco share a good deal of play elements with Fox, Lucas and Ness as well, Dixie is nearly required to play somewhat similarly to Diddy. In fact, her doing so would make me feel better about how Lucas and Wolf are added. She is a lot like Diddy, after all, and probably should play similarly. I really think we could get both, guys. Sakurai is not an idiot, and he knows characters are where the game is at. I know sometimes it feels as though he is a force to fight against, but, that just isn't how I feel now.

At this point, I'm not sure I need any more polling to be convinced that K. Rool is going to grace the cover of the next issue of Time Magazine. I think the overwhelming amount of K. Rool support comes from not just being a deserving, popular character from a high-level series, but people, even those who don't play Donkey Kong, wanting all of the following:

-Heavyweights
-Villains
-Non-humanoids
-Creative movesets

Sakurai is gonna have to go out of his way to ignore the King at this point.
Yeah... it really feels like this poll is for him.
And Isaac.

So I need to bring caution to myself.

Top Bottom