• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
Isaac lacks Japanese popularity and also has people ignoring him out of a misplaced anger against animesque sword fighters.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Isaac lacks Japanese popularity and also has people ignoring him out of a misplaced anger against animesque sword fighters.
That doesn't mean he won't be considered. And it's been a while since I've seen you here on the boards, StormC!

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, Isaac is a pretty good frontrunner for sure. I'm just saying, I don't think he's as close of a lock as K. Rool is.

And well, thanks! I need a support group as these next six months are going to be a wild ride.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I have a serious feeling that we'll get K. Rool and Isaac at the end of all this. If a third character is chosen I could see Dixie or paper Mario. Inkling could come but I just feel like there isn't much move potential to work with when it comes to an inkling. The game isn't out though so I don't want to sell the inkling short

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't see Paper Mario happening honestly unless he became an incredibly big dark horse, and even then that's a stretch.

Of course, I am probably speaking from the perspective of someone who doesn't want Paper Mario.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
On the note of Dixie; since Wolf and Falco share a good deal of play elements with Fox, Lucas and Ness as well, Dixie is nearly required to play somewhat similarly to Diddy. In fact, her doing so would make me feel better about how Lucas and Wolf are added. She is a lot like Diddy, after all, and probably should play similarly. I really think we could get both, guys. Sakurai is not an idiot, and he knows characters are where the game is at. I know sometimes it feels as though he is a force to fight against, but, that just isn't how I feel now.

Yeah... it really feels like this poll is for him.
And Isaac.

So I need to bring caution to myself.
I'd be happy if Dixie was a wolf like clone having completely unique A moves with variations of the B moves but she should have a unique Up B

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'd be fine with Dixie having the bubblegum gun (maybe they bounce along the ground), a helicopter up special where she glides down after using it, and variations of Banana Peel and Monkey Flip.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I'd be fine with Dixie having the bubblegum gun (maybe they bounce along the ground), a helicopter up special where she glides down after using it, and variations of Banana Peel and Monkey Flip.
So, you think there is not much else she can do besides that? Just asking.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
She could have diddy' custom side be where it flips her into the air, it could lead to combos maybe if she has a good air game which I think she should and maybe she could even have more than one banana peel like brawl diddy.

StormC

Smash Hero
So, you think there is not much else she can do besides that? Just asking.
Not really. You could give her unique stuff based on DKC gameplay mechanics, but that's less about the character and more the franchise in general.

Diddy got a huge helping hand thanks to DK64 giving him the two most obvious special moves in history.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Oh yeah, Isaac is a pretty good frontrunner for sure. I'm just saying, I don't think he's as close of a lock as K. Rool is.

And well, thanks! I need a support group as these next six months are going to be a wild ride.
I think they could already be working on Isaac. Doesn't he not have a trophy in Smash Wii U? Why would they take that out but still reference his series with music in the game?

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, he has no trophy. But it seems like a stretch to me to think Isaac is already in the works when from the sounds of it opening the floodgates for DLC was a recent choice.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not really. You could give her unique stuff based on DKC gameplay mechanics, but that's less about the character and more the franchise in general.

Diddy got a huge helping hand thanks to DK64 giving him the two most obvious special moves in history.
She could we just don't expect her to have a fully unique moveset so i'm not getting my hopes up.
I see. I actually was aware of this, but it doesn't hurt to ask to double check, right?

cybersai

Smash Ace
The thing is King K. Rool has no reason NOT to be chosen with his votes being so high. Unlike Ridley there is nothing preventing him from being playable. Sakurai has no reason not to choose a popular character.

If there are 4 DLC characters besides Lucas/Wolf, it will probably be:

King K Rool
Isaac
Dixie
Inkling or Wonder Red

That's the way I see it.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
I think they could already be working on Isaac. Doesn't he not have a trophy in Smash Wii U? Why would they take that out but still reference his series with music in the game?
Probably didn't want to have a generic trophy in for a second round but still felt the GS franchise still deserved some form of representation.

StormC

Smash Hero
The thing is King K. Rool has no reason NOT to be chosen with his votes being so high. Unlike Ridley there is nothing preventing him from being playable. Sakurai has no reason not to choose a popular character.

King K Rool
Isaac
Dixie
Inkling or Wonder Red

That's the way I see it.
I think a realistic end result is something like:

Mewtwo
Lucas
Wolf
K. Rool
Isaac

Two semi-clone veteranss (with portable Brawl assets), two completely new characters, one veteran rebuilt from the ground up.

I could see Inkling taking over Isaac if Nintendo wants to market Splatoon heavily, though.

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Honestly this poll in the long run is the best thing for K.Rool in general.

Even in the worst case scenario which is K. Rool getting snubbed despite the massive amount of fan support he's getting. Nintendo is getting to see first hand how much DK fans love him. I mean how much more do we have to do to prove our dedication. This would hopefully mean we'd be seeing a return of the King sooner than later in the mainline DK games and perhaps more spinoffs. Nintendo can't possibly ignore what's happening. If they do then there's some deeper reason for his lack of acknowledgement lately.

I mean even before this official poll K. Rool was asked about when Returns was coming and TF, enough for Retro to comment about it. Then Smash 4 was coming and once again fans were asking about him. Nintendo can not possibly ignore him any longer, and I believe that they won't following this poll regardless of it's success in terms of Smash. The best case scenario is his inclusion in Smash 4 and then in DKC again and maybe some more spinoff appearances. This is probably one of the best things that could happen for him. I for one am EXTREMELY excited to see what will come.
Totally agree, all the publicity we are giving him is going to lead to some sort of impact probably. Either He will be put into Smash, which would likely lead to renewed interest in the character and could make it more plausible to start showing up in his more traditional role as the main antagonist of the DKC games. Or the popularity could show whoever makes the next DK game that we really want him, which could give him an antagonist role in a DKC game, which would make him essentially a shoe-in for Smash5, since the only thing holding him back right now is lack of modern titles.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Seriously Banjo-Kazooie is so high on that poll because every game site published that story about MS saying they'd "love to see Banjo in Smash"

I'd love to see Banjo too but seriously i want King K. Rool far more......Banjo is just MS advertising Ina Nintendo game at this point. That article is taking attention away from K. Rool maybe more sites need to write articles about him being the top requested......that way he gets more exposure

Dustydog96

Smash Ace

King K Rool
Isaac
Dixie
Inkling or Wonder Red

That's the way I see it.
It's hard to predict who's going to get in because you have to factor in if they're bringing MORE cut characters back or if they plan on bringing almost solely newcomers. But I guess in the end it will depend on popularity as Sakurai and the crew FINISHED the game last year and are basically continuing because they know fans will support back. So I guess in a way Nintendo and Sakurai has to listen to popular vote in that the popular vote is what people will pay for :) So K. Rool is again, as many have already stated in this thread, looking pretty damn solid as a newcomer. The only competition in my mind that I see are cut characters taking the place of K. Rool like Wolf, snake etc. which I hope doesn't happen. And this is assuming they are even planning bring these old cut characters back again.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac lacks Japanese support, but its not like its nonexistent. He's still like 6-7 in newcomers, and with very high western support I'd say his odds are pretty good.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
K. Rool will receive, at the very least, Omni's Smashified render and Bagan's mod weeks/months into the ballot. He'll receive the right amount of spotlight frequently enough to keep the votes coming.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Banjo won't happen. Nintendo won't be making much money off a MS game unless they decide to make Banjo abmibos which I'm sure half or more of the earnings will go to MS.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
K. Rool will receive, at the very least, Omni's Smashified render and Bagan's mod weeks/months into the ballot. He'll receive the right amount of spotlight frequently enough to keep the votes coming.
And if not you know us kutthroats are going to continue spamming and spreading votes regardless lol.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I've been spamming that vote for K.Rool picture all over Facebook in the comment sections of Smash related posts all day lol. Keepin K. Rool in the hearts and minds of everyone.

Even if K.Rool did start to drop a bit on the poll Sakurai should acknowledge his popularity just based on the start of this poll alone. These first few days he's been garnering so many votes it's clear he's popular

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
And for those of you worrying about him having a unique moveset or possibly just ending up just as another clone character, don't worry...

He'll make sure of it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's hard to predict who's going to get in because you have to factor in if they're bringing MORE cut characters back or if they plan on bringing almost solely newcomers. But I guess in the end it will depend on popularity as Sakurai and the crew FINISHED the game last year and are basically continuing because they know fans will support back. So I guess in a way Nintendo and Sakurai has to listen to popular vote in that the popular vote is what people will pay for :) So K. Rool is again, as many have already stated in this thread, looking pretty damn solid as a newcomer. The only competition in my mind that I see are cut characters taking the place of K. Rool like Wolf, snake etc. which I hope doesn't happen. And this is assuming they are even planning bring these old cut characters back again.
Let me add to the popularity thing here; I heard that before Brawl was announced, people wanted Meta Knight to be in the game, many people. He was that popular. The same went for Wario, who, on a poll that came out before the announcement of Brawl, was one of two characters who were most wanted in the Smash game that would be known as Brawl, along with Toad. So with that, I can't see how Sakurai would pass on adding a character many want like King K. Rool so easily. He can't really miss the many votes for him.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but saying DKC is bigger then Kirby is wrong, in terms of popularity I'm pretty sure Kirby comes after Mario/Zelda/Pokemon. And there was a reason he was shown alongside Mario, Link and Pikachu in the first Brawl trailer.

And thing is after Rare was bought out by Microsoft, the Donkey Kong series seemed to go from genre to genre to find its footing, where as between that time Fire Emblem got revived and Kirby moved as normal.

Yeah Donkey Kong Country is probably more popular then Fire Emblem, but Kirby, I highly doubt it.
Ya that reason being> Sakurai SHAFTING Donkey Kong instead of his own creation...Kirby... Every since I saw that Brawl trailer where all the characters go from Standard Def to HD..I wondered...."Why the HELL is Donkey Kong not the 4th one?" I mean first off its not like Kirby looks any different when he changes from game to game anyway..secondly I am thinking..I have never even played a Kirby game at that time.....ugh...Sakurai bias...no joke..

Basically all I saw when Kirby popped up as being the 4th character was a big sign that read "Always remember who made this game, and don't forget!"...Ya Kirby, thanks, I know.

I like them for giving us this chance and everything but I will NEVER change my mind about this games director being bias towards whatever is NOT his creation...

Edit: And oh yea thanks for reminding me. Donkey Kong AND "Diddy" (Newcomer at that time) were BOTH not in the Brawl trailer...i hate you Sakurai...

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Ya that reason being> Sakurai SHAFTING Donkey Kong instead of his own creation...Kirby... Every since I saw that Brawl trailer where all the characters go from Standard Def to HD..I wondered...."Why the HELL is Donkey Kong not the 4th one?" I mean first off its not like Kirby looks any different when he changes from game to game anyway..secondly I am thinking..I have never even played a Kirby game at that time.....ugh...Sakurai bias...no joke..

Basically all I saw when Kirby popped up as being the 4th character was a big sign that read "Always remember who made this game, and don't forget!"...Ya Kirby, thanks, I know.

I like them for giving us this chance and everything but I will NEVER change my mind about this games director being bias towards whatever is NOT his creation...
I'd be pretty weird for Meta-Knight to be revealed before Kirby.

Troykv

Smash Master

Well...

I'd be pretty weird for Meta-Knight to be revealed before Kirby.
Yeah!

In the trailer, from the original eight, they revealed at 3 "essential characters" (Mario, Pikachu and Link) and two related to new characters presented in the trailer (Kirby/Meta Knight and Samus/ZSS)

Last edited:

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm wondering how the whole voting process works. I know no one knows for sure but I'm kind of wondering how I should go about it since I'm hearing different answers to how the voting gets accounted for (records ip address, individual devices only, deletions of repeated votes). So far I voted once on all my devices and twice on my laptop, Should I space my voting out by days, weeks even? In short, what would the best method be for voting for K. Rool?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Did you contact Artsy Omni, by chance, and ask for him to make a King K pic? I did ask awhile ago if he could do one for the King, but never got a response back.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Why does a Microsoft character have 19.57% of the vote? Soon people are going to be voting for Nathan Drake and Kratos.
Because people like Banjo-Kazooie and generally associate him with Nintendo. Also Microsoft gave the word that they'd be up for it, but I'm not sure how much I trust they'd be fair with the deal.
King K. Rool is a RareWare-invented character too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom