• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I actually expected the Brawl characters to be close with King K. Rool, not be surpassed by a relatively large margin. The fact that so far, K. Rool is the most wanted character for DLC is highly impressive, especially when considering that he's been gone for over six years.
I'm happy with K. Rool and Isaac's position, though the Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf and Lucas being so high is not something to brush over. All of these characters did well and all of these characters are winners.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't believe K. Rool has ever been dethroned from the most wanted character in that poll since it started. Wolf always comes close, but K. Rool still beats him by a couple of votes.

I would be curious about polling places besides SmashBoards with a similar list of characters to see how well he fares.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I think we should consider that many who vote for k rool may also vote for wolf considering both actually have a somewhat similar position and both are badass villains

D

Deleted member

I'd say it's more that people don't want something very unrealistic. Ridley is not a poll option, for example.
Isn't that what I just said, but worded differently?
I don't believe K. Rool has ever been dethroned from the most wanted character in that poll since it started. Wolf always comes close, but K. Rool still beats him by a couple of votes.

I would be curious about polling places besides SmashBoards with a similar list of characters to see how well he fares.
I think this is something that we need to take into account when discussing character's popularity. It's great that K. Rool is among the most wanted on this forum, but can we say the same for other sites? Plus it'd help if we would try to advertise this poll on social media; Twitter, Facebook, etc.
I think we should consider that many who vote for k rool may also vote for wolf considering both actually have a somewhat similar position and both are badass villains
Reminds me of when the Ridley and King K. Rool group were like friends to an extent. Both are the main antagonist of their respective franchise and both are very highly requested characters.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
dont know k rool? that dont matter for us,you have a good eye for noticing true leadership and fashion.

our king is so kool that you dont even have to know the guy to realize that hes perfect smash materiel.

hes joining us even if he likes it or not.

now get to swabbing the deck,and spreading support for our king. do a good job and we'll promote you from klaptrap to kritter.
Of course King K. Rool is love, King K. Rool is life.

HE BETTER BE DAM DLC THOUGH SRSLY.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not necessarily an advocate that the game needs a whole lot of villains like some people (partially because Nintendo's rogues gallery only has a handful of notable, recurring baddies), but K. Rool and Ridley are definitely major oversights (and I would argue they're the only significant Nintendo all-stars at this point who have not been added to the game, except maybe Dixie).

If we got those guys both in Smash, then I could feel better rallying for, say... Hades or Waluigi. I don't think Porky, Samurai Goroh and Ghirahim are ever in the grasp of reality, unfortunately.

I'm not necessarily an advocate that the game needs a whole lot of villains like some people (partially because Nintendo's rogues gallery only has a handful of notable, recurring baddies), but K. Rool and Ridley are definitely major oversights (and I would argue they're the only significant Nintendo all-stars at this point who have not been added to the game, except maybe Dixie).

If we got those guys both in Smash, then I could feel better rallying for, say... Hades or Waluigi. I don't think Porky, Samurai Goroh and Ghirahim are ever in the grasp of reality, unfortunately.
i would honestly prefer black shadow to take ganondorfs moveset. i think samurai goroh is ok being an assist trophy and to give ganon a moveset based on ocorina of time or something.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Black Shadow taking the Falcondorf moveset just seems like trying to fix a big problem with a small solution. Samurai Goroh is the second most important F-Zero character, and actually has something to distinguish himself by. Black Shadow as Falcondorf would be fine, but not at the expense of Samurai Goroh playable.

Really, the Falcondorf moveset shouldn't be a required thing. Sakurai has had no problem dropping plenty of clones before, but he's still stuck on Ganondorf having the same moveset.

Not that any of it really matters because F-Zero is six feet under, but hey.

Last edited:

Yetiplays

Smash Cadet
Black Shadow taking the Falcondorf moveset just seems like trying to fix a big problem with a small solution. Samurai Goroh is the second most important F-Zero character, and actually has something to distinguish himself by. Black Shadow as Falcondorf would be fine, but not at the expense of Samurai Goroh playable.

Really, the Falcondorf moveset shouldn't be a required thing. Sakurai has had no problem dropping plenty of clones before, but he's still stuck on Ganondorf having the same moveset.

Not that any of it really matters because F-Zero is six feet under, but hey.
I'd Honest Prefer Falcondorf wasn't a thing at all, Ganondorf has so many options for a move set other Than that, If Sakurai really want to keep it though, I really wish he'd given it to Black Shadow Instead of making Ganondorf Suffer, I mean hell look at Crusade, In that He has A great move set that isnt a Slow Shadow Falcon.

I've been trying to come up with a DLC pun for K. Rool ever since I sat the DeeDLC thing on the Bandana Dee Thread.

Edit: please excuse the Grammer problems, writing this on a Spell check phone that has no clue how to spell check.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'd Honest Prefer Falcondorf wasn't a thing at all, Ganondorf has so many options for a move set other Than that, If Sakurai really want to keep it though, I really wish he'd given it to Black Shadow Instead of making Ganondorf Suffer, I mean hell look at Crusade, In that He has A great move set that isnt a Slow Shadow Falcon.

I've been trying to come up with a DLC pun for K. Rool ever since I sat the DeeDLC thing on the Bandana Dee Thread.

Edit: please excuse the Grammer problems, writing this on a Spell check phone that has no clue how to spell check.
How about "King K. Rool Krushes The Kompetition!"

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
DLK could work, since it could stand for both Downloadable Kontent and Downloadable Kong.

Edit: And Kroc, I suppose.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
they are out in north america? if they are,you guys wont be seeing me for awhile. out of the dkc franchise,most fans like 2....its most likely the best,but that just varies on peoples opinion.
i am from australia, they are out there, but they should be coming to na soon, they were probably released in europe/ australia first since they are british games

i am from australia, they are out there, but they should be coming to na soon, they were probably released in europe/ australia first since they are british games
no wonder i didnt see them. i thought they were made in america though? or maybe thats retro studios. but i coulda swore it was made in america.........i probably think that because of this video,its the dkc beta promo trailer.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
So far the only DKC game I haven't played is Tropical Freeze, due to my persistent lack of a Wii U. Well, and the Land games, I suppose. But I've played DKC 1, 2, and 3 as well as 64 and Returns. I grew up with DKC, and always thought K. Rool was amazing. Intimidating, even. Even as a young child I could sense the insanity that the King radiated, and he's always been my favorite villain.

I didn't mean for this to get that long. I guess I just felt like typing up a bit of a paragraph about DKC? lol

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Donkey Kong's cartoon voice actor, Richard Yearwood, has just tweeted the #BringBackKRool movement unsolicited, asking how he can help out and wishing us a happy Halloween. I've asked him to follow the account so I can message him a proposal that I think would go over quite well relating to reaching out to new supporters.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
King K. Roll does not earn the right to be side on side with the other Nintendo-Villains like Bowser, Ganondorf and Ridley. He was a Rareware creation and not one of Nintendo's characters. even Nintendo sees that. That why they do not use him and his minions anymore.

Donkey Kong's cartoon voice actor, Richard Yearwood, has just tweeted the #BringBackKRool movement unsolicited, asking how he can help out and wishing us a happy Halloween. I've asked him to follow the account so I can message him a proposal that I think would go over quite well relating to reaching out to new supporters.
O.O oh my god,k rools chances are increasing by the day.....and i love it.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
no wonder i didnt see them. i thought they were made in america though? or maybe thats retro studios. but i coulda swore it was made in america.........i probably think that because of this video,its the dkc beta promo trailer.
retro studios is american yes, but rare ware is british
its awesome to have more and more bigger names out there wanting k rool back, i really think this campaign is going well and i do thing k rool and the kremlings will be back in dkcr3

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
King K. Roll does not earn the right to be side on side with the other Nintendo-Villains like Bowser, Ganondorf and Ridley. He was a Rareware creation and not one of Nintendo's characters. even Nintendo sees that. That why they do not use him and his minions anymore.
Diddy Kong was a rare creation....

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Diddy Kong was a rare creation....
Click on his profile and look to the right of his name. You'll see "Ignore" and "Follow" buttons. Click on "Ignore," it'll do wonders. Rattle-Kalimba literally has only posted in this thread, and only to bash on K. Rool and the Kremlings.

Steelia

Smash Champion

There are no words.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
I just say, if Nintendo doesn't care about him, why should you do? If he really was such a must have for SSB, than he would be in. But his not. You will see, you all will be upset again, when he is not a DLC-Character. And I'm pretty sure, he won't be. Juts give up and give your whole love and support popular characters like Rosalina, Palutena, Miis and more.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I just say, if Nintendo doesn't care about him, why should you do? If he really was such a must have for SSB, than he would be in. But his not. You will see, you all will be upset again, when he is not a DLC-Character. And I'm pretty sure, he won't be. Juts give up and give your whole love and support popular characters like Rosalina, Palutena, Miis and more.
"Juts give up your love and support popular characters like Rosalina, Palutena, Miis and more."
1. Why provide support for characters that are already in?
2. "support popular characters" "popular characters" "popular" King K. Rool is a popular character, if he wasn't he wouldn't be one of the most requested for SSB and people wouldn't even ask for his to return to the DK series and even though King K. Rool went missing for quite a while he is still known to this day.
3. Nintendo of America reps do care about King K. Rool, Nintendo of Japan just may not know that people still care about him and our voices just need to be heard by them, the only person who probably legitimately doesn't care about the Kremlings is Shigeru Miyamoto.
4. Even if K. Rool doesn't end up DLC this time around the support will still continue until he reappears in the next installment of SSB as playable rather than a trophy.
5. Do you really expect passionate fans to give up based on your little remarks? Why continue? (Rhetorical question, you're a troll.)
6. Reply, I don't care, your comment will just be ignored.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Rattle-Kalimba, you should just do yourself a favor and leave this thread. You're not doing yourself any good whatsoever here. We don't need your negativity here. (Even though I already have you on ignore)
Are you going to try to reach out to the voice of the King himself in the show, Benedict Campbell? Or maybe you've done so already.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I haven't even noticed Rattle Kalimba posting in this thread because I've blocked him.

Suggestion for the OP to say "block Rattle Kalimba before reading the thread."

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Rattle, King K Rool is overwhelmingly loved in Nintendo of America, Japan also has no flippin' idea what to do with Donkey Kong anymore, while America obviously does. This doesn't mean however that Western Characters are ignored *Cough*LittleMac*cough*. KKR is now THE most supported character in the world right now that isn't in the game.

apparently a bunch of people are getting banned from smash 3ds online for no reason,some have it 36 years.............some have it 136 years. a glitch must of happened. there is a mass banning going on.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/new/ just look at the new section( by the time you see this,the banned posts could be long gone,so if you dont see them,its because you got here late)

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
apparently a bunch of people are getting banned from smash 3ds online for no reason,some have it 36 years.............some have it 136 years. a glitch must of happened. there is a mass banning going on.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/new/ just look at the new section( by the time you see this,the banned posts could be long gone,so if you dont see them,its because you got here late)
Oh my...

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562

That is just ridiculous, I knew Nintendo had implemented a feature like that on "for glory" supposedly for people that ragequit. I had no idea it would be for a time period like that, is sakurai really trying to lose his fan base, cuz that's a good way to for the wrong reason.

Top Bottom