• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Very disappointed that DK didn't get a new rep. Not K. Rool... not even Dixie Kong. ):

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Honestly the complete lack of anything related to K.Rool, Issac, Ray(or at least last I heard he was missing in action as well), Ridley, and Mewtwo makes me think Sakurai has something up his sleeve for the Wii-u release, I mean all of those at least merit an assist trophy or boss fight, and there is some flexibility on both the all-star menu and the CSS... this ain't over yet, he needs something to heavily rehype the wii-u release, and even if they become available on the 3DS version at the same time, well it still works especially if they are coy around it

I mean we got DLC in MK for the first time and crossover characters, Sakurai pulling something coy wouldn't surprise me, also the 3DS release would allow them to plug any leak holes, meaning complete security for wii-u release

I mean Smash is all about being a celebration of Nintendo, and diverse characters are an embodiment of that, add to that we still have a character video or two left, and I doubt its for either Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr, since both of those will be publicly known long before the wii-u release

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
I'm still holding out hope until I see Gema get the final unlock screen. As a K. Rool supporter though I understand a little of the pain you Ridley supporters have. You guys have it even worse due to the teasing Sakurai did. You all have my condolences if the worst case scenario happens.
I appreciate this comment. Coming from a Ridley fan I can understand your guys' disappointment at K. Rool not making it in. My condolences and pray for the future!

Zynux

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if everyone will agree, but DK fans should put their differences aside and together try to get more DK content overall.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Honestly the complete lack of anything related to K.Rool, Issac, Ray(or at least last I heard he was missing in action as well), Ridley, and Mewtwo makes me think Sakurai has something up his sleeve for the Wii-u release, I mean all of those at least merit an assist trophy or boss fight, and there is some flexibility on both the all-star menu and the CSS... this ain't over yet, he needs something to heavily rehype the wii-u release, and even if they become available on the 3DS version at the same time, well it still works especially if they are coy around it

I mean we got DLC in MK for the first time and crossover characters, Sakurai pulling something coy wouldn't surprise me, also the 3DS release would allow them to plug any leak holes, meaning complete security for wii-u release

I mean Smash is all about being a celebration of Nintendo, and diverse characters are an embodiment of that, add to that we still have a character video or two left, and I doubt its for either Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr, since both of those will be publicly known long before the wii-u release
I like your attitude, DLC is extremely likely to happen if we look at Mario Kart 8, the scenario you describe makes perfect sense, people need to be more positive, it is not over yet

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
I understand upset people so don't go around unleashing your rage on me. But people claiming Smash needs a new director or that the game sucks already, come on you can't be serious, be a bit more grateful, you or me or any people in this forum WOULDN'T BE HERE if it weren't for him, there is still DLC so stop acting like Sakurai is ruining the franchise, because this marvelous franchise exist because of HIM, this forum exist because of him! Count your blessing people, and yes my attitude would be the same if my dream characters weren't in the final roster.

I am sure even if Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo were in the roster people would find a reason to complain or that Sakurai sucks
I AM grateful, but no, i won't stop criticizing Sakurai. He IS holding the franchise back since Brawl. People here idolize him WAY too much IMO. He might have created the formula, but i am pretty sure it's not perfected yet. Specially when he turns a fanservice game into a cheap marketing ploy.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
I want to believe....

Oh well. At least this thread didn't come under attack by haters. *CoughRidleyCough* the moment they got the chance.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I AM grateful, but no, i won't stop criticizing Sakurai. He IS holding the franchise back since Brawl. People here idolize him WAY too much IMO. He might have created the formula, but i am pretty sure it's not perfected yet. Specially when he turns a fanservice game into a cheap marketing ploy.
Quite the opposite people seems to hate him. But I respect your opinion and I feel emphaty for all the upset fans, I lose one of my mains the Ice Climbers, there is still DLC my friend, not all hope is lost!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Hmpf. This cannot be all. All newcomers, except maybe Shulk, Megaman and Little Mac, have been lackluster and not fan-favorites.

Wait until Sakurai comes in a new direct saying "The Wii U version will be the definitive version. I also have some hidden characters for the Wii U launch, so please stay tuned. Today, I want to present you one of them. *trailer starts*"K Rool Krushes In!!"

I always knew the 3DS was going to be a disappointing version, and I always relied on the Wii U version, so I'm not worried. The U version will be bigger, better and with more characters. If Smash sells for its characters, it'd be stupid to release a Smash game when another one has been already launched with the full roster, and specially without 3 certain guys that make fans go crazy, you know who I'm talking about...

This is not the end! Resist, fellow Kutthroats!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I am very disappointed with the final roster, including K. Rool's omission. But we need to maintain support for the character. As K. Rool fans, we presumably have further goals than just Smash Bros: we want him back in the DK games, themselves. Even if DLC doesn't turn out in our favor (if it happens at all), we should maintain our support for the K. Rool to show the developers that he is not disposable and he should have never been replaced in DKC Returns.

I will say, however, that I do not think some of the "wishful thinking" will be of much help. At this point, we need to reflect on whether or not all these other possibilities we are coming up with are actually likely at all. Wishful thinking may feel good, but it also makes us complacent.

To move forward, we should be able to accept the almost-certain reality: K. Rool is not a playable character on the 3DS or Wii U. There's hope for DLC, maybe, but we should also prepare ourselves for that turning out against us, too. It's tough, but avoiding the most likely reality will make it difficult to develop the fortitude we need.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, DLC of the most wanted characters would almost be more of a slap to the fandom then just not including them.

"We knew you were all dying to use your favorite villains, so here, pay us extra money for them. Please understand."

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Rumor has it there's DLC with Dixie, Chorus Men, Mewtwo, and Ridley that requires linking Smash 3DS to Smash WiiU (basically like Pokémon versions).

No K. Rool in that, but the DLC hope is alive.

Let's not give up yet.

These boards and threads may close, but we still got Smash WiiU, DLC, and of course any future Smash games in the future to look forward to! :)

Let's stick together my fellow Krewmates, Kutthroats, Kremlings, Kaptains, and Kings no matter what!!!

In the end, the payoff will always be worth it, because IT'S FREAKING K. ROOL AND HE ROOLS!!!

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
the most disappointing part is the fact ROB was the last character to be unlocked. Sakurai:"You know who will really generate hype as the last character to be unlocked...ROB because everyone loved his Brawl inclusion" like really, i remember him being on most people's cut list and why wouldnt you save it the last character as a newcomer...great job with this one, i will still be getting the game, but considering there are only two newcomers that i look forward to(Bowser Jr. and Little Mac), it will be like playing Brawl without one of my favorite characters(Wolf)

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
One of Us Lyrics

A KROCKODILE IS A SUPERIOR SPECIES

YOU WALK THE WALK TALK THE TALK

GO TO SKHOOL TO BE KOOL

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Rumor has it there's DLC with Dixie, Chorus Men, Mewtwo, and Ridley that requires linking Smash 3DS to Smash WiiU (basically like Pokémon versions).

No K. Rool in that, but the DLC hope is alive.

Let's not give up yet.

These boards and threads may close, but we still got Smash WiiU, DLC, and of course any future Smash games in the future to look forward to! :)

Let's stick together my fellow Krewmates, Kutthroats, Kremlings, Kaptains, and Kings no matter what!!!

In the end, the payoff will always be worth it, because IT'S FREAKING K. ROOL AND HE ROOLS!!!
I'll just copy paste what I said in another thread.

Now, I know how outlandish this sounds, and being a game journalist myself I'm taking this with a grain of salt myself, but we're talking about the guy who told me about the Bowser Jr. alts immediately after the ESRB leaks
That's not exactly the best "proof" right there. Bowser Jr having the Koopalings alts was also a part of the Ninka leak.
If anything, I would suggest to be extremely wary of people other than Nintendo claiming there are additional characters. People will try to capitalize on the deception / frustration / need for hype of the fans by any way to get attention, so take everything you see with a grain of salt.
I understand you guys want to believe there are more, but don't come to conclusions just yet.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Honestly, I don't hate the roster.... but the lack of Mewtwo and a DK rep (K. Rool in particular) seem odd.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed on live stream.

As it stands the characters I want to play as:
Pacman: 1
Doggy Duckzooie: 1
Koopa Clown Copter: .3 Bowser Jr. (would have been better.)
Little Mac: .3 (Will probably pick Captain Falcon over him more often.)

Total: 2.6 Not worth buying a new game at full price.

I will check back in later for King K. Rool DLC petition, right now I have brooding to do.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Have any of the streamers played Smash Run extensively? If you recall, a "big Kremling" supposedly makes an appearance.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
I am very sorry about K.Rool not being playable and I feel sympathy for all of you (I am a huge K.Rool advocate). As I do the Ridley fans and the horrible trolling and bashing their getting for Ridley not being in the game. While I think the roster is good and has a lot of strong points (Duck hunt dog and Pac-Man being my most favorite ones) it definitely has some headscratchers like Dr. Mario and Pittoo. While it doesn't affect the roster as they were nothing more than bonus characters, its still really dumb and Sakurai is basically going into Melee territory with this and I felt it had the worst roster due to all the unnecessary characters (Dr. Mario, Young Link, or ones that made sense at the time, but are out prioritized by others now, Pichu). Don't get me wrong, I like most of the newcomers and I think they deserve a spot and I don't mind similar characters. But I don't like when it's basically a glorified costume swap (Dr. Mario, Pittoo). After the Robin and Lucina trailer, I was very excited for what was to come, I knew Shulk would be one of them, but I really felt the last ones would be K.Rool, Ridley, and a Rhythm Heaven rep. I liked all the newcomers up to that point and didn't hate any of them.

But then, that stupid leak had to happen which really hurt the surprise factor, which is a shame. I think that could be a big reason for the disappointment to among people. Not gonna lie, the bias for Kid Icarus Uprising, as great of a game and series as it is, really annoying and he did this same thing with the Kirby characters in the SSE. For similar characters, he should've had Dixie Kong instead of Dr. Mario and Black Shadow instead of Pittoo, as at least they are much more logical characters and wants that are well liked. Plus, Black Shadow could inherent some of the old Ganondorf moveset which would satisfy those who like that fighting style while Ganon would finally become the King of evil he deserves as he has such a large move pool and game play to design that would make for a very intriguing character. I don't know, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario feel like tacked on filler rather than a bonus. Lucina in my eyes, was a great bonus character because people really liked her character, a great role model for female gamers, and represents a huge moment in Fire Emblem history for how the franchise was saved.

It also feels really weird to see Lucas and Ice Climbers cut. It doesn't feel as bad now and I've gotten over it, but I definitely feel bad for my cousin as he really like Lucas a lot. It was definitely a missed opportunity to not have K.Rool, Ridley, or Mewtwo playable if that image really is true. Especially K.Rool as I feel he has great moveset potential and would make for one cool fighter. Honestly, its really easy to come up with a moveset for him in my eyes. Ridley and Mewtwo (with buffs and changes to be more like Mewtwo) of course would be great as well. Its very surprising that Sakurai seemingly doesn't appear to prioritize K.Rool and I thought he would especially after what he said when it came to Robin's inclusion. Moveset potential off the charts. I don't have his same mindset, but it definitely is interesting. Whatever. To bad really. Just like the creators reasons on why Megaman wasn't in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 or Ultimate.

I guess its a shame to because of the respect and the love letter Sakurai gave to Megaman and his fans as well as Fire Emblem and the series fans. But wasn't quite able to do the same for the Donkey Kong series or Metroid.

Hey, I think regardless the game will be great. The game play will be awesome and I'm liking the improvement from what I'm seeing and hearing. They seem to be putting in the strong points from Melee and Brawl and combining the two and taking out the weak points. Smash Run is going to be awesome, and the customization will be fun to. On the plus side, I feel they got great gameplay established for the future installments and other great imprints created for this installment that will no doubt return and get some polishing.

We tried K.Rool thread and it was one fun ride. I really enjoyed coming here and you guys are great. I'll still come here if it remains and hopefully some of these ssb4 threads stay, but are converted to just character discussion threads. Of course, there's always DLC and after seeing Mario Kart 8's excellent DLC, I think the arrow is pointing up for Smash and I feel the Big 3 will get their chance to shine as DLC. Would I have preferred them being playable? Of course, but it beats not being playable at all.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
https://twitter.com/krool4smash4

That's the official KRool4Smash4 DLC account. I think BKupa runs it. Everyone who wants to maintain their support for K. Rool, follow him! Stick together, Kutthroats!

Use the #Krool4smash4 hashtag if you want to discuss your disappointment at the lack of K. Rool!

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
My Krockodiles, the ship is sinking.

Let us sing our theme.

WELLLLLLLL

LISTEN HERE, WHILE I MAKE IT CLEAR

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CANT SEE WHAT WE SEE HERE!

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Quite the opposite people seems to hate him. But I respect your opinion and I feel emphaty for all the upset fans, I lose one of my mains the Ice Climbers, there is still DLC my friend, not all hope is lost!
I personally think it's a mixture of love and hate. Users hate his refusal to add in some of the most highly requested characters, which I can understand (and I am in shock at the lack of Mewtwo especially after his recent revival, and his mention by Sakurai himself) but I do have a certain appreciation for what he does as he is excellent at introducing characters the majority would not think of and making them work very well (G&W, R.O.B., DHD, perhaps Rosaluma). I will forever be salty over Dark Pit but I think it would be good to put it into perspective by taking note of some of the other stuff he has brought us.

Zynux

Smash Lord
My condolences.. hoping K. Rool gets in a new installment of DKC, I think that's all he needs to be in the next Smash installment.
In my opinion, K. Rool fans should focus all their attention at getting K. Rool back in DKC again. Even being absent his popularity is still strong, so that will be the key to the Crocodile's success.

Top Bottom