• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Stirlingo

Smash Rookie
Be interesting if Nintendo somehow locked a certain number of characters in the Game's code, and then released a Day One patch that made them unlockable?

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I'm so disappointed of the stages in the 3DS version so far... The only one worth it is Magicant and still could be better. The others are just from older games and some lazy ones like the F-Zero one or the Kirby one. The fact that they just mixed old stages with new ones so to make people think there are a lot is just infuriating.

I hope the Wii U version doesn't let me down in terms of stages like this...

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Even if King K. Rool doesn't show up today, I still feel like he could be in the game. I'm under the impression that the entire roster won't be made available until the Wii U version is out as well. Think about it; Sakurai/Nintendo is going to want to have stuff to surprise/entice people with after the 3DS version comes out, where as if the entire roster is already on the 3DS version, the only things they'll have left to reveal are stages and different modes, which is not all that exciting to a lot of fans. I could easily envision a scenario where we only get the characters in the original leak on the 3DS version NOW, and then once the Wii U version comes out, the rest of the characters become available for download on the 3DS version. Just food for thought.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Even if King K. Rool doesn't show up today, I still feel like he could be in the game. I'm under the impression that the entire roster won't be made available until the Wii U version is out as well. Think about it; Sakurai/Nintendo is going to want to have stuff to surprise/entice people with after the 3DS version comes out, where as if the entire roster is already on the 3DS version, the only things they'll have left to reveal are stages and different modes, which is not all that exciting to a lot of fans. I could easily envision a scenario where we only get the characters in the original leak on the 3DS version NOW, and then once the Wii U version comes out, the rest of the characters become available for download on the 3DS version. Just food for thought.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Seems like bad marketing. Why hold back characters when the game is about to release? Gotta get your players hyped for the game's launch. They will buy the other version regardless.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Welp. I was right. Gear Getaway plays on Jungle Japes. So that is all we're getting. Lovely.
I just woke back up (will be going to sleep soon), but is this true? If so, then it confirmed my suspicions of the 3DS stage select and Metroid and DK only getting past stages.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, we're approaching the leaked roster! Only Bowser Jr. left and then we'll discover which are the 5 remaining characters!

Stay strong, fellow Kutthroats!

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I just woke back up (will be going to sleep soon), but is this true? If so, then it confirmed my suspicions of the 3DS stage select and Metroid and DK only getting past stages.
True as it gets. Been up all night (yay for days off) but yeah. So we got screwed pretty hard here.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I'm going, let's hope I'll encounter a surprise when coming back home and checking the forums. If not, we always have the "K. Rool for the Wii U version release/DLC" train.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
King K. Rool is not out until the Sign on the Stream says "All characters have been unlocked" and King K. Rool is no where to be found in the playable fashion.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
King K. Rool is not out until the Sign on the Stream says "All characters have been unlocked" and King K. Rool is no where to be found in the playable fashion.
And even then, K. Rool could be a DLC character to promote the Wii U game along with Ridley. I'm starting to think that is WAY more likely at this point.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Seems like bad marketing. Why hold back characters when the game is about to release? Gotta get your players hyped for the game's launch. They will buy the other version regardless.
That's how you would get them hyped. If you release and show everything now in the 3DS version, what's the incentive for most buyers to want to purchase the Wii U version, other than the fact that it's the complete edition? Most common Smash fans care more so about the roster than anything else. If there's nothing to look forward to in that regard concerning the Wii U version, then that's going to diminish the excitement for a lot of consumers.

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
Well, CSS is final roster confirmed. Time for Mr. Suckurai go take care of his wounded arm, his cat, etc. When a director can't even make the best game in his own franchise, there's something blatantly wrong ( talking about triple deluxe here ).

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Well, CSS is final roster confirmed. Time for Mr. Suckurai go take care of his wounded arm, his cat, etc. When a director can't even make the best game in his own franchise, there's something blatantly wrong ( talking about triple deluxe here ).
Where was it confirmed?

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
Pretty dissapointing that K. Rool isn‘t in, however I’m extremely pumped for the game anyway! October 3rd, come here sooner please!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I. . .am not giving up hope until we see the Wii U version. Call me delusional, setting myself up for disappointment, whatever, my expectations are still at rock bottom. That being said. . .

It makes perfect sense to me that the three most hyped characters, all villains we've seen neither hide nor hair of, would be held back to bring hype to the version of the game that was going to have an uphill battle selling copies from the start. I mean, what else are they gonna use to hype it, a few half-baked single player modes?

Sakurai may be backwards as far as gameplay goes, but he's not completely incompetent with content.

Last edited:

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
Well, I suppose this is how it ends, eh? Three lazy clones that aren't even good enough to be placed with their own franchises, the absolute WORST character in Melee returning, and DK getting the shaft once again. I agree, it's time for Sakurai to step down and pass the torch to someone who actually cares about important Nintendo franchises.

Briokinho

Smash Cadet
Where was it confirmed?
There was some pictures floating around NeoGAF with the message you get when you unlock all the characters, something like " You unlocked the complete all-star mode. Go battle all the fighters!".
Now i see why Suckurai hid the game so much, there was nothing to show. And he did so to avoid the s**t storm that would unveil if he revealed the content and protect his beloved babies from the immense flak they would get.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Sakarui is one biased ****, I guess to him just because he made the new Kid Icarus game, that his return was more important then donkey kongs.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I. . .am not giving up hope until we see the Wii U version. Call me delusional, setting myself up for disappointment, whatever, my expectations are still at rock bottom. That being said. . .

It makes perfect sense to me that the three most hyped characters, all villains we've seen neither hide nor hair of, would be held back to bring hype to the version of the game that was going to have an uphill battle selling copies from the start. I mean, what else are they gonna use to hype it, a few half-baked single player modes?

Sakurai may be backwards as far as gameplay goes, but he's not completely incompetent with content.
What? This makes no sense. If anything the 3ds version was the version Nintendo needed to hype up. You really think people are more excited for the 3ds version then the Wii U version?? The Wii U version was going to sale regardless.

It's over. It pains me to say it but it's really over. Dark Pit made it over the Big 3 #Thiscantbelife

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I don't think you're delusional, I'm kinda thinking the same thing, really. It'd be ONE thing if we got a K. Rool trophy. But we got nothing, jack crap. No Dixie, no K. Rool, no Ridley, no Isaac, Mewtwo... NOTHING. No trophies for any of these characters, Isaac's AT is suspiciously MIA, and there's no signs or hints at ANY of the Hype 3 whatsoever.

Granted, I'm not going to act like K. Rool will be in the Wii U version, or will be DLC. But I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai is saving some big guns to hype up the Wii U release, and announce them later. Regardless, we should definitely continue with the kampaign at this point.

The other fact is... in this game, Sakurai made it so that All-Star expands. That's another oddity; why does All-Star need to expand? Unless he's got plans to put more characters in later. He didn't need to design All-Star this way, but its the perfect opportunity if he's planning for DLC.

I was already convinced K. Rool and Ridley wouldn't be unlockable in this version anyway. That said, the teasing of Ridley completely makes me believe Ridley is playable. DLC will probably be used to fix this roster layout.

If it wasn't for Isaac, I wouldn't be nearly so confident in this. But there's no reason at all to cut Isaac's AT if he wasn't planned to be playable in some way.

What? This makes no sense. If anything the 3ds version was the version Nintendo needed to hype up. You really think people are more excited for the 3ds version then the Wii U version?? The Wii U version was going to sale regardless.

It's over. It pains me to say it but it's really over. Dark Pit made it over the Big 3 #Thiscantbelife
Completely disagreed. The Wii U version is the one that's going to need more sales. 3DS is massively popular and has far more systems sold. The Wii U version is the one that will be in dire straights and will need all the help it can get.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

The Wii U has a smaller install base by several million, and based on price alone, the 3DS version is going to sell more by default. There has to be some new selling point for people to buy a Wii U for the Wii U version, and I'm wagering it's something (or someone) we haven't seen yet.

Anyhow, anyone who wants to come in here and angst still has time to sign this petition for Sakurai to develop Donkey Kong Super Star Uprising Air Ride Adventure after Smash. It's not too late to set things straight!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I for one ain't giving up till the Wii U version arrives. There's just too much fishy business going on with all the hype three (ESPECIALLY Ridley). But chances are I'll disappear from these forums until that time since the pessimism is gonna be through the roof everywhere.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I understand upset people so don't go around unleashing your rage on me. But people claiming Smash needs a new director or that the game sucks already, come on you can't be serious, be a bit more grateful, you or me or any people in this forum WOULDN'T BE HERE if it weren't for him, there is still DLC so stop acting like Sakurai is ruining the franchise, because this marvelous franchise exist because of HIM, this forum exist because of him! Count your blessing people, and yes my attitude would be the same if my dream characters weren't in the final roster.

I am sure even if Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo were in the roster people would find a reason to complain or that Sakurai sucks

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just keeping watching the streams. I'm still worried about "Large Kremling," but the longer we go without any K. Rool sighting, the better things bode for us in the long term here.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
I still don't understand how some of you were thinking that there was 5 more newcomers, before the gematsu leak was proven fake shulk, chrom and chorus men were alll the newcomers we were expecting and suddenly a leak with 4 newcomers arrived and some were expecting 5 more?

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you're delusional, I'm kinda thinking the same thing, really. It'd be ONE thing if we got a K. Rool trophy. But we got nothing, jack crap. No Dixie, no K. Rool, no Ridley, no Isaac, Mewtwo... NOTHING. No trophies for any of these characters, Isaac's AT is suspiciously MIA, and there's no signs or hints at ANY of the Hype 3 whatsoever.

Granted, I'm not going to act like K. Rool will be in the Wii U version, or will be DLC. But I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai is saving some big guns to hype up the Wii U release, and announce them later. Regardless, we should definitely continue with the kampaign at this point.

The other fact is... in this game, Sakurai made it so that All-Star expands. That's another oddity; why does All-Star need to expand? Unless he's got plans to put more characters in later. He didn't need to design All-Star this way, but its the perfect opportunity if he's planning for DLC.

I was already convinced K. Rool and Ridley wouldn't be unlockable in this version anyway. That said, the teasing of Ridley completely makes me believe Ridley is playable. DLC will probably be used to fix this roster layout.

If it wasn't for Isaac, I wouldn't be nearly so confident in this. But there's no reason at all to cut Isaac's AT if he wasn't planned to be playable in some way.

Completely disagreed. The Wii U version is the one that's going to need more sales. 3DS is massively popular and has far more systems sold. The Wii U version is the one that will be in dire straights and will need all the help it can get.
Well, it would explain the incomplete CSS at least.
But while the theory makes sense in some way, I feel like it's more safe as of now to just cope with the loss and assume the roster is final. Wait for an official statement from Nintendo, at least.
Also, just passing by to say that it kinda sucks you guys didn't get anything at all. I hope your beloved King manages someday to get in the game one day.

Top Bottom