• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In terms of DK trophies, I've seen Candy, Squawks, Tiki Buzz, Kritter, and DK Barrel.
There is also a trophy for "Scurvy Crew" from the DKC cartoon DKCR.

In the stream I'm watching, Charizard's voice sounds almost exactly what one would expect K. Rool's to be.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not one of the big 3 made it? Are you kidding me?
We have absolutely no idea. We have not seen ANYTHING for ANY of the Big 3 at all yet. I like how people are calling it quits so easily when barely anything has been unlocked yet. Jeez.

Ignore Xzsmmc, he's just being down in the dumps. We have NOT seen EVERYTHING in the game yet.

Not entirely, but I do feel cheated, not even MEWTWO is in.
I'd say with about a 95% certainty at this point that Mewtwo IS in the game. TWO sources on Twitter have now cited Mewtwo as being in the game. Zipzo stated it before, and now another Japanese tweet says to beat Classic Mode with all Pokemon to unlock Mewtwo.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Hope K Rool really is in!! He hasn't shown up yet, which is a good sign.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
We have absolutely no idea. We have not seen ANYTHING for ANY of the Big 3 at all yet. I like how people are calling it quits so easily when barely anything has been unlocked yet. Jeez.

Ignore Xzsmmc, he's just being down in the dumps. We have NOT seen EVERYTHING in the game yet.
I figured he was, and was certainly misleading me. I'm not even sure who to believe at this point. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take this long to unlock all the characters.

Oh and it looks like Pit...I mean DARK Pit, is a carbon copy of Pit....yay...

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I figured he was, and was certainly misleading me. I'm not even sure who to believe at this point. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take this long to unlock all the characters.
I'm not trying to mislead anyone. All I'm trying to say is that things do not bode well. When saying the CSS wasn't final, Neo Zero seemed rather...dire I guess? It's entirely possible the All Star lock from the leak was only because there wasn't a Mii made yet, as they appear on the CSS when they are made.

n88

Smash Lord
Oh and it looks like Pit...I mean DARK Pit, is a carbon copy of Pit....yay...
That's a good thing. The more like Pit he is, the less time he took to make, the more time developers had to work on K. Rool or anything we care about.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
On a completely different note, does the fact that Suckerai made Alph a skin to Olimar and not Dark Pit and Lucina to their respected characters, REALLY bothering you?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm not trying to mislead anyone. All I'm trying to say is that things do not bode well. When saying the CSS wasn't final, Neo Zero seemed rather...dire I guess? It's entirely possible the All Star lock from the leak was only because there wasn't a Mii made yet, as they appear on the CSS when they are made.
Again, faulty logic. Mii's can be fought against all the time even though they're not on the roster unless you create a Mii. There's being cautious, then there's making up excuses to be disappointed.

On a completely different note, does the fact that Suckerai made Alph a skinto Olimar and not Dark Pit and Lucina to their respected characters, REALLY bothering you?

to reply to the post above me. C
Dark Pit definitely. Lucina? 'Eh, she doesn't bother me much at all.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Again, faulty logic. Mii's can be fought against all the time even though they're not on the roster unless you create a Mii. There's being cautious, then there's making up excuses to be disappointed.
True. Guess I'm just being me by expecting the worst. Trust me, you have no idea how much I would love to eat my own words.

On a completely different note, does the fact that Suckerai made Alph a skinto Olimar and not Dark Pit and Lucina to their respected characters, REALLY bothering you?
I am extremely bothered.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I like it too. They're not setting themselves up for huge disappointment like some sad people around are...
Oh, I'm perfectly fine with people losing hope. I've lost hope already. The thing I don't like is when people are going out and saying "So and so isn't playable" when there's NOTHING indicating that at all. Saying "I highly doubt someone is playable" is one thing, but blatantly saying "Nope, no new DK content, no new DK characters are playable, etc., etc." is 100% BS when we know nothing at all about it at this time. Its OK to not think they're playable, its NOT ok to outright say they aren't when they haven't been deconfirmed in any way, shape, or form. Its still extremely odd that we've got a bunch of obscure DK trophies, but K. Rool and Dixie Kong are still missing.

EDIT: Ironically, although I've lost hope for my #1 most wanted character (K. Rool), my hope for Isaac has increased dramatically. There's literally no reason to cut him as an AT, there's no reason to cut any AT's, and although Wii U-exclusive AT's would make sense, Isaac does not make sense at all as a Wii U-exclusive AT.

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Let's still have faith, it was obvious that if not all characters were shown on the leak, those that were would be the first ones to be unlocked.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
It would be cool if the way to unlock k rool was to beat classic with bowser jr and the koopalings (kind of kremling like and lackys)

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I was watching it for some time and never once saw a K. Rool trophy anywhere.
Same. And trust me, I've been cautiously examining each trophy Gema got just in case one of them was K Rool.

After watching how new characters are unlocked, I think maybe K Rool could be unlocked once Classic is doen with both Donkey and Diddy.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm also keeping a constant eye on it and can confirm she hasn't gotten a K. Rool trophy yet.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I'd say with about a 95% certainty at this point that Mewtwo IS in the game. TWO sources on Twitter have now cited Mewtwo as being in the game. Zipzo stated it before, and now another Japanese tweet says to beat Classic Mode with all Pokemon to unlock Mewtwo.
ZIpzo, I believe, reneged and stated HIS source may have been uncertain. It had to do with a person who tested the game, I believe, but I may be getting information on the specifics mixed up from the leak thread.

Either way, I still think e would see these guys later, because they would be used to promote the big Wii U- and there would have been a pretty daft decision made to include them as secrets who were ONLY secret to Japan (and, honestly, the first person to get it. That is not a secret).

If they were going to be really secret characters, they were not just going to be hidden in the game. That is the LEAST hype of it all.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I dunno guys- I truly think both Dixie and K Rool could still be in.

Stirlingo

Smash Rookie
Hi folks,

I've lurked on this board for quite some time and I know this is a bit of a weird time to join, but I just wanted to get involved before we learned of our glorious king's fate. I'm an absolutely HUGE fan of King K. Rool and will be beyond devastated if he's not in.

I suppose the only bit of 'info' I have to offer is a screenshot of the Karate Joe trophy (can't post links 'cause I'm a newbie but look it up on GFAQs).

What's striking is that there is no Rhythm Heaven emblem. This could seriously deconfirm the Chorus Men, and I suppose that means - if the 'Final Four/Five' exists - that's less competition for the King?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Hi folks,

I've lurked on this board for quite some time and I know this is a bit of a weird time to join, but I just wanted to get involved before we learned of our glorious king's fate. I'm an absolutely HUGE fan of King K. Rool and will be beyond devastated if he's not in.

I suppose the only bit of 'info' I have to offer is a screenshot of the Karate Joe trophy (can't post links 'cause I'm a newbie but look it up on GFAQs).

What's striking is that there is no Rhythm Heaven emblem. This could seriously deconfirm the Chorus Men, and I suppose that means - if the 'Final Four/Five' exists - that's less competition for the King?
Never too late for initiation.

Also, if the Ice Climbers were dropped for causing trouble on the 3DS, it's feasible to think the Chorus Men were dropped for a similar reason.

Last edited:

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
So Game and Watch appeared. Seems like it could be easier to unlock characters now, seemingly how GW was the second hardest to get in Melee.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
On a completely different note, does the fact that Suckerai made Alph a skin to Olimar and not Dark Pit and Lucina to their respected characters, REALLY bothering you?

to reply to the post above me. C
I'm infuriated! Why would he even do that? What makes them so all fire special? Because it sure doesn't look like it's their moves.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I dunno guys- I truly think both Dixie and K Rool could still be in.
If Ridley is playable, I think they both are. Because otherwise there's no way to push Samus and ZSS down to the next line. I'd also say we would get a new DK stage as well. I'm also very confident right now that Isaac is either playable, or he's going to be added as DLC later.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I watched all night and saw no K. Rool trophy either. I did, however, see a trophy of Vector, so I imagine that's where that user's alleged sighting came from.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
guess I'll have to wait and see what happens, I'm not giving up hope, especially since there are several people working on the game and no-one has see a trophy for him, which means its either situational, orhe's a stage boss, or playable... or somehow time or link locked

Top Bottom