• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So what's the general consensus in this thread now? Are we happy, upset, sad, or outraged?

As for favorite Kremlings? I'd say, Kroak, Krusha, Kudgel and Kloak.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
My favorite Kremlings is probably between Kudgel and Kloak.

Also I know most people like the stickerbrush symphony music the most. But for me I like Forest interlude the most. Damn DKC games have the best soundtrack.

DKC 1 and 3 were the games I have the most experience with, both in my childhood and currently (though I own all three on SNES), but Forest Interlude is still incredibly nostalgic for me. Truly a beautiful piece, probably one of the best to come out of the SNES as a whole.

Cane Seven

Smash Cadet
Made an account using my friends computer. I had to make one after seeing that K Rool mii outfit.

I don't know why people see that as a straight-up deconfirm.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So, I noticed that the update was going to be launched during any AM hour in Japan as stated in one of the tweets. It's currently 9AM in Japan. Does that mean we could potentially see the update launched within the next 2-3 hours?

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So guys, a little question.
What is your least liked DK game that you've played?
Mine is King of Swing.
The art style is great, the actual gameplay is weird. Took me a long time to get the hang of and I find the controls weird. Maybe its just me.

(Also there are Crystal Coconuts in this game which is awesome!)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How could it be 2AM EST when it's currently 9:14 AM in Japan and that the tweet said the update would be released in an AM hour?

D

Deleted member

(Users: 47, Guests: 36)
Huh.......
Anyways, when it comes to favorite kremlings, i think that would go to either Klobber/Kaboom or Kannon.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
So guys, a little question.
What is your least liked DK game that you've played?
Mine is King of Swing.
The art style is great, the actual gameplay is weird. Took me a long time to get the hang of and I find the controls weird. Maybe its just me.

(Also there are Crystal Coconuts in this game which is awesome!)

DKC Return is my least favorite. Mainly because I was really disappointed that they got rid of K. Rool and the Kremlings, as well as the Zingers. The tiki villains just weren't that interesting to me. Also I hated playing with the wii mote or wii mote and nun-chuck.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Update supposedly goes live in about three hours.

Before things hit the fan, I'll just remind people that, when the update hits, it's the best, most pragmatic choice to buy the K. Rool costume. I can't convince anyone that it's not a big kick in the teeth based on our current knowledge.

That being said, not only is it cheap to to the point where you could pay for it based on an average day's worth of sidewalk change, it's as good as a long-term investment for the character. Every purchase is one step further to convincing Nintendo that this is a character to use again and again in the future. Of course, so are votes on the Smash site, but imagine if few people buy this costume and Nintendo writes off all the other K. Rool votes as ballot-stuffing or something, despite being open to him if it sells well (maybe like the Inkling suit). That'd blow even worse than this seems to.

You don't have to even use the damn thing, I know I certainly won't (screw the Miis), but this is a quick and easy way to let our 0.75 cents do the talking in support of the King.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think my favourite Kremling is Kannon, simply because I really liked the music in Kannon's Klaim in DKC2.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Update supposedly goes live in about three hours.

Before things hit the fan, I'll just remind people that, when the update hits, it's the best, most pragmatic choice to buy the K. Rool costume. I can't convince anyone that it's not a big kick in the teeth based on our current knowledge.

That being said, not only is it cheap to to the point where you could pay for it based on an average day's worth of sidewalk change, it's as good as a long-term investment for the character. Every purchase is one step further to convincing Nintendo that this is a character to use again and again in the future. Of course, so are votes on the Smash site, but imagine if few people buy this costume and Nintendo writes off all the other K. Rool votes as ballot-stuffing or something. That'd blow even worse than this seems to.

You don't have to even use the damn thing, I know I certainly won't (screw the Miis), but this is a quick and easy way to let our 0.75 cents do the talking in support of the King.
But what if they take it as we are ok settling for just the costume instead of we want more of our King

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
But what if they take it as we are ok settling for just the costume instead of we want more of our King
The easy solution is to take away that illusion by getting in more votes, saying "I bought the costume but am not satisfied, because I want K. Rool playable...the real thing, not a Kop Out. Please add him for XYZ reasons."

Last edited:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
The easy solution is to take away that illusion by getting in more votes, saying "I bought the costume but am not satisfied, because I want K. Rool playable...the real thing, not a Kop Out. Please add him for XYZ reasons."
Good plan

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
After buying the costume, we will have to communicate to Nintendo that the Mii costume is NOT an adequate representation of K. Rool.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder to everyone- When the update hits and inevitably gets datamined, don't lose hope if there is no data for K.Rool in the files.

They probably wised up after Roy/Ryu and made sure to exclude future character data.

Also, everyone should make at least one miiverse post addressing their concerns about K.Rool. Not sure if it'll be any help, but I'll be doing it as soon as I get the costume.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm still wondering why Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe haven't spoken a single word about the new update
Japan's been speaking up
But America and Europe are just just... silent.

The fishiness continues :drsad:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
At the end of the day, even if unglamourous, this is NEW K. Rool content from Nintendo. After 7 years of nothing. And it's cheap! So if you can, I suggest buying it to send a message that we like K. Ropl content. and want more. I really don't see how many people purchasing this item can be misconstrued negatively.

Last edited:
Top Bottom