• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
It had DK64, which WAS the next main DK game after the SNES games. It didn't play like the only DKC trilogy, but it still sold well, and it was a main game.

Then we had the Rare buyout, which is the reason why DK didn't get a main game in the mean time. And despite this, DK remained popular through its spinoffs, including Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat. In Japan, there were TWO Arcade only Jungle Beat sequels, and Donkey Konga 3 was Japan exclusive. Donkey Kong Country Returns was also massively popular worldwide, and then Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? Less than half a million sales. DK: Jungle Climber didn't sell that well either, but even it sold better than Radiant Dawn (it even had more sales in Japan than Radiant Dawn).

Awakening was basically the game that revived Fire Emblem. Yeah, FE got main games during the DK buyout era, but they didn't sell until Awakening. And the ONLY reason DK didn't get main games is because of the Rare buyout. Nintendo didn't know who would make them until they finally passed it off to Retro.
64 was amazing... even if it was banjo-kazooie with a donkey kong aesthetic. banjo-kazooie was amazing. so i really dont care about dk64 being basically a re-skinned banjo kazooie.

also. grant kirkhope is THE definitive donkey kong to me. hes just so awesome at making dk sound charismatic as well as primative XD

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
64 was amazing... even if it was banjo-kazooie with a donkey kong asthetic.banjo-kazooie was amazing. so i really dont care about dk64 being basically a re-skinned banjo kazooie.
DK64 was a pretty good game, but its not as good as the DKC games.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Favorite kremling is probably Krook. I dig the hook hands and the crazy oversized collar.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Time for a civil discussion, methinks~

Who is your favourite Kremling and why? For the sake of the discussion, K. Rool doesn't count; otherwise, it can be anything from a generic grunt (e.g. Kritter, Klaptrap) to a named member of the Kutthroat Krew (e.g. Klubba, K. Lumsy).

For me, it's Kloak. I remember back when I first played DKC2 on the GBA, I had a huge thing for mysterious, abstract designs and creepy outfits, and Kloak just seemed so distinct from the rest of the Kremlings in that respect that he captivated my adolescent mind. Really, though, it was the laugh that got to me: that wicked cackle sent chills down my spine and stuck with me as my favourite thing about the character. I used to feel a rush of excitement every time Kloak materialised in front of me, confident that I would hear that spine-chiller of a laugh that I was so endeared to. Nowadays I'm partial to other Kremlings (no doubt many of you will share my fondness for Klump and Krusha), but Kloak will always be the Kremling that stood out to me as the most dynamic and interesting of the bunch.

Kackle is pretty cool too~

EDIT: I meant Krusha. Fixed it~
I've always loved Klump.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Favorite kremling is probably Krook. I dig the hook hands and the crazy oversized collar.
i imagine he must live in hell. i mean... both his hands are hooks.. he cant eat food properly. cant give hugs... probably cant even pleasure himself. hes quite a sad kremling.

If Cranky was in Smash, his Final Smash would totally be taking his opponent to the fridge.
no he would lecture his opponents.... with his text appearing above the screen and raining down, exploding and damaging the opponent.(s)

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I don't really have a favorite Kremling because I've never really played a main series DK game (scratch that, I played Returns but there's no Kremlings in it). I've always liked the design of the regular Kritters though.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I don't really have a favorite Kremling because I've never really played a main series DK game (scratch that, I played Returns but there's no Kremlings in it). I've always liked the design of the regular Kritters though.
to quote the sniper...
GET OUT.
nah just kidding. the dkc series (1,2,3, and 64) are all on the virtual console. should probably get to buying em.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
no he would lecture his opponents.... with his text appearing above the screen and raining down, exploding and damaging the opponent.(s)
Nah man, a disembodied voice would shout "Come on, Cranky, take it to the fridge!" as he summons a turntable and starts raining down walnuts, peanuts, pineapple smells, grapes, melons, oranges, and coconut shells on his opponents. :troll:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
*Cranky hits his foes and sends them into a cutscene a la Captain Falcon*
*Cranky is shown standing over his fallen enemy*
"You wouldn't know a good game if you were in it!"
*screen explodes*
Cranky Kong is banned for being the most OP character in the entire franchise.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
Now I want DK to have codecs like Snake/Pit where Cranky just trash talks everyone.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Okay, I didn't want to post in here because I'm not exactly a K. Rool fan, but this has been bugging me a lot. I keep seeing this logic being used: "If we buy the Mii costume it will tell Nintendo that we're satisfied with just that!"

This logic is a load of crap. You're just mad (understandably) and trying to justify not buying the costume in any way you can. What will you actually be telling Nintendo if the costume sells? That this character is popular, that this character sells, and therefore, that Nintendo should keep using this character, keep making this character, put him in more things, give him more roles, and maybe, just maybe...make him a fighter in Smash.

You all know what message not buying the costume sends.

tl;dr If you truly want to support K. Rool's inclusion in Smash, be rational and buy the damn costume.

Uzume

Orange Heart
maybe cranky should have a stage gimmick on either an existing or future dk stage where he has his own set of codecs to trash talk everyone.
Depending on how new the character is Cranky would get more and more snarky, and completely blow his lid off at a Mii dressed in the K. Rool suit. He would also praise Pac-man, Game & Watch and other retro characters.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
This is actually a pretty great list DKC2 gets a pretty nice mention here as well as a few other games we're probably all familiar with.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
If K.Rool got into Smash, what kind of voice do you think they'd give him?
I'm assuming he'd get the DK/Bowser treatment and roar and stuff.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm expecting that he'll get generic animal groans (sadly; .. I don't approve this kind of thing); but I hope, at very least, they can put additionally the KLASSIC sound effects of SNES, which him and all the other Kremlings does when they get hit. :3

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
maybe cranky should have a stage gimmick on either an existing or future dk stage where he has his own set of codecs to trash talk everyone.
With actual talking, or would it just be text? Because I've always thought that Ed Asner (The old man from"Up") would be a really good fit for a voice for him

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
My favorite Kremlings is probably between Kudgel and Kloak.

Also I know most people like the stickerbrush symphony music the most. But for me I like Forest interlude the most. Damn DKC games have the best soundtrack.

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming they'd give him generic animal sounds or his Paon voice overs, or unless they go the extra mile like they did with the Mii costume and give him his 64 voice overs. At this point I don't even care about his voice or his design being either Rare, Paon or hybrid. I just wanna know whether he's going to be playable or not.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I like Kutlass. I also like Zingers a lot. A Zinger or Zinger Swarm would make a good Donkey Kong AT :)

My favorite Kremling has to be Klubba though. I thought fighting him would help me enter the Lost World!

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I can see this happening with Peach
Cranky: If you're so eager to get your hands dirty then why don't you defend yourself instead of having that overweight plumber bail your butt out of Bowser's dump he calls a home? Speaking of which, why don't we put him in a cage for once and see how he likes it! That's what he deserves from mooching off my game's success. I bust my butt for years and get nothing to show for it while he gets all the fame! When am I going to get Cranky Kart!?

Yeah I suck at this

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm assuming they'd give him generic animal sounds or his Paon voice overs, or unless they go the extra mile like they did with the Mii costume and give him his 64 voice overs. At this point I don't even care about his voice or his design being either Rare, Paon or hybrid. I just wanna know whether he's going to be playable or not.
Well, last time K. Rool appeared, was in a NAMCO Bandai game; Which, I suppose, they will at least have the voice clips of this game there; But how Sakurai has a so bizarre perspective of character voices, I dunno..
Sonic only got recycled voices, and Ryu got a completely new set. ... I'll not try to understand.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My favorite Kremling would have to be Kopter from DKC3. I just like how he looks with that copter suit he wears.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Well, last time K. Rool appeared, was in a NAMCO Bandai game; Which, I suppose, they will at least have the voice clips of this game there; But how Sakurai has a so bizarre perspective of character voices, I dunno..
Sonic only got recycled voices, and Ryu got a completely new set. ... I'll not try to understand.
Sonic's English actor wasn't available at the time.

Uzume

Orange Heart
That, and the fact that they recycled a ton of other brawl voices for other characters like Ike and Mario

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
You know, this talk about voice overs makes me wonder how it would be if Yoshi had generic dinosaur noises.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Sonic's English actor wasn't available at the time.
that was stated? But I guess was the case; but at the same time, there was so many characters needing a re-recording of voice clips.. (or having proper voices, of course... Bowser, DK, Diddy... eh)

Top Bottom