• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Though Waluigi is the most unexpected of the bunch (and this is coming from a die-hard Waluigi fan).
Whether this is real or not, from actually keeping an eye on game sales, what people generally play and discuss, and similar, I have to say that Waluigi is a character I would fully expect to see on a shortlist for something like this.

Troykv

Smash Master
Interesting... I don't really care, but the List is curious... Two Mario Characters? Maybe could be wrong... But this could good news for me... But still, the characters are really popular, I will don't put my hopes to high.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I think PushDustIn is putting the leak as fake and telling people to ignore it for now.
Yes, I think too. He wanted to write an article on SG but after the leak he stopped it. I believe Nicolas to 50% and Push Dustin is trying to stop it. Why else he is going to stop his article about the current leak.

Here is the source: http://smashboards.com/threads/nintenzone-social-thread-swamp-is-watching-evo.405399/page-409 Keep watching on PushDustIns comments they really weird.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Interesting... I don't really care, but the List is curious... Two Mario Characters? Maybe could be wrong... But this could good news for me... But still, the characters are really popular, I will don't put my hopes to high.
You know that this is a short list, right? The leaker said there were 15 to 20 characters on the short list, and Iwata said in April that not every character will make it in. So it is not like everyone on the short list will actually be made playable.

Just wanted to let you know. Not trying to be confrontational.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Source please?
Okay guys, I've decided to stop the work that was being done to put an article together.

Essentially, there are some potential issues with the guys source (as its NOT the same source as the ERSB leak), and I don't feel comfortable at this time to go on the line for it. I think Nicholas himself is not lying, but it's possible that his source has mislead him/ is lying to Nicholas. I won't be able to answer a lot of questions, so let's just leave it at that.
No. And it doesn't matter because of what I said about the information being most likely false.

Just please trust my/ the other people involved with its judgement on this, and let this "leak" go. It's most likely false.
Right here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/nintenzone-social-thread-swamp-is-watching-evo.405399/page-409

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
+ PushDustIn:
Okay guys, I've decided to stop the work that was being done to put an article together.
Essentially, there are some potential issues with the guys source (as its NOT the same source as the ERSB leak), and I don't feel comfortable at this time to go on the line for it. I think Nicholas himself is not lying, but it's possible that his source has mislead him/ is lying to Nicholas. I won't be able to answer a lot of questions, so let's just leave it at that.

XD thanks Mike,^^

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
+ PushDustIn:

XD thanks Mike,^^
THAT (the bolded part) was exactly why I lead myself to believe this leak is fake.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does any video game create as many fake leaks and drama as Smash?
I remember similar stuff when I was going through the pre-release hype of Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

But I think the Smash fans are much more vicious than the MvC fans in comparison.

Troykv

Smash Master
You know that this is a short list, right? The leaker said there were 15 to 20 characters on the short list, and Iwata said in April that not every character will make it in. So it is not like everyone on the short list will actually be made playable.

Just wanted to let you know. Not trying to be confrontational.
I know, I already have low expectations.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The nice takeaway is that K. Rool is now a fixture on "believable" fake leaks. Talk about a far cry from pre-release when his presence on a leak was enough for people to dismiss it en masses as "just another fan wish list."

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Welp guys I pm'd NR001 on Gamefaq, the guy who produced the leak saying this:

And this is the reply I got:

Hopefully more conclusions on if this guy is for real or not can be made. ^.^

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's most likely fake. I can't answer any additional questions but there are multiple issues with the information he passed onto Neo Zero and me. If it was just one issue then I would still entertain it, but there's multiple issues so it's not really worth our time right now. I believe that the Nicholas isn't lying but his source has passed him incorrect information. I'll let you guys know if anything changes but right now it's 90% likely to be fake.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
It's most likely fake. I can't answer any additional questions but there are multiple issues with the information he passed onto Neo Zero and me. If it was just one issue then I would still entertain it, but there's multiple issues so it's not really worth our time right now. I believe that the Nicholas isn't lying but his source has passed him incorrect information. I'll let you guys know if anything changes but right now it's 90% likely to be fake.
His speedy reply seemed generally genuine to me. As if EVEN HE wasn't 100% SURE it was going to happen but got information of the general idea of characters being looked at by the dev team right now. Kind of a small hint of the future possibly? But it doesn't seem this guy is by any means FORCING the fact that these characters are going to happen CoNFIRMED. And because of that, there is some... truth there it feels.

disclaimer: This is the internet, and people CAN lie, but we can only give this person the benefit of the doubt right now, and if we can somehow disprove it, then sure, he was lying, but from where I stand I see it as "it is what it is, time will tell."

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The nice takeaway is that K. Rool is now a fixture on "believable" fake leaks. Talk about a far cry from pre-release when his presence on a leak was enough for people to dismiss it en masses as "just another fan wish list."
Yeah, we went from "psh, K. Rool would never happen," to "ugh, K. Rool's a shoe-in." What a reversal from last year.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys don't buy it

If thats leak characters

Why did sakurai say its are wants hes focusing on the ballot

Its only real if they're 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, place to be real

Only 1 of them is correct and thats king k rool

The other 2 is isaac and wolf (if not pre-plane) and incrediably if it is close to accurate apaperently snake from metal gear/brawl is the most voted for.

D

Deleted member

I personally think we will know the truth by tomorrow. However, it think it's possible that this "Leak"(or rumor i should say) could take a good chunk of July.

I agree that K.Rool's situation right now is completly different to what it was during most of 2014.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know, I already have low expectations.
Just wanted to make sure you knew.

By the way,

Yes, I think too. He wanted to write an article on SG but after the leak he stopped it. I believe Nicolas to 50% and Push Dustin is trying to stop it. Why else he is going to stop his article about the current leak.
What does SG stand for?

StormC

Smash Hero
Guys don't buy it

If thats leak characters

Why did sakurai say its are wants hes focusing on the ballot

Its only real if they're 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, place to be real

Only 1 of them is correct and thats king k rool

The other 2 is isaac and wolf (if not pre-plane) and incrediably if it is close to accurate apaperently snake from metal gear/brawl is the most voted for.
We don't know for a fact that it's as simple as Sakurai looking at the ballot and saying "what are the top voted video game characters?" and calling it a day. So while this leak is on shaky ground, that doesn't dismiss the very real possibility that Sakurai is looking for more than just popularity.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I definitely think Sakurai is looking for more than just popularity. It's too easy to make this a paint-by-numbers affair, which we all know is not Sakurai's style at all.

Regardless of how it's being dissected, though, K. Rool is in a fantastic position. I really doubt anyone satisfies the criteria as much or as efficiently as he does right now.

This is the best time for K. Rool to get in. The best part of that is that, if K. Rool does get to celebrate his finest hour, it's because of everything this fanbase did.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
So are the 4 characters on that list supposed to be the final characters chosen from the ballot?

If that's true then that's cool?

K.Rool is my only hype character on that list personally but I'm not AGAINST anyone on that list. I would be quite mad if K. Rool didnt make it but ANY of those characters did over him I won't lie

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So are the 4 characters on that list supposed to be the final characters chosen from the ballot?

If that's true then that's cool?

K.Rool is my only hype character on that list personally but I'm not AGAINST anyone on that list. I would be quite mad if K. Rool didnt make it but ANY of those characters did over him I won't lie
Its a list of characters they are looking at, take it with a grain of salt.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The list is only a handful of characters chosen from a shortlist of 15 - 20 candidates.

That's presuming the leak to be real, which, at this stage of the game, has turned out to be a very murky possibility.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Just wanted to make sure you knew.

By the way,

What does SG stand for?
SG = Source Gaming. The blog I run. We translate and organize Smash information. Lots of information there, so check it out.

StormC

Smash Hero
Man I really hope K. Rool doesn't carry around the blunderbuss, it'll look kinda awkward and put too much focus on it.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Well isn't this something? The writer of this "leak" is genuine but his source might be dubious. Good to know we have some of the best working on this leak. This is the first time in a LONG time we've had a leak that might actually hold water, even if there are some red flags. Either way, K. Rool is passing in front of the eyes of Nintendo and potentially Sakurai, who can not possibly ignore the votes and reasons for voting.

Even if this is 100% fake, the Kremling Kampaign chugs on unaffected by it.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
This is the first I posted in some time on these boards. I may be late, but I'd love to support King K. Rool. I may not know much about the games he appeared in (most games I played growing up was either Mario or PKMN), but I would very much like to support the King. I had already placed my ballot on him quite some time ago. I'd love to be added as a supporter to this fantabulous thread.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
This is the first I posted in some time on these boards. I may be late, but I'd love to support King K. Rool. I may not know much about the games he appeared in (most games I played growing up was either Mario or PKMN), but I would very much like to support the King. I had already placed my ballot on him quite some time ago. I'd love to be added as a supporter to this fantabulous thread.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Reminds me of how people say K. Rool could be a Dedede clone...yeah, if you want to have him defy reason and slam a breakable metal firearm nozzle to the ground, as opposed to a hammer designed expressly for that purpose.

People have questioned whether it would look good for K. Rool to pull a big weapon like that out of thin air for a few moves. I certainly think it would look alright, especially when we have whole different characters summoned for other characters' specials. It wouldn't look too bad for him to carry around all the time either, but I'd kind of like him to be more mobile in the animations he can do than he'd be while holding it.

Top Bottom