• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, except that can not be the case half the time. Some people may just say that to excuse themselves from posting a "source" to a "leak" they made up.
Outing someone who revealed sensitive information in a game that was not supposed to be made public is most definitely grounds for being fired and having a lawsuit. Even if the source can maintain some source of secrecy, it's way too much of a risk.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Outing someone who revealed sensitive information in a game that was not supposed to be made public is most definitely grounds for being fired and having a lawsuit. Even if the source can maintain some source of secrecy, it's way too much of a risk.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean that could still be fake. Some leakers may not be from any company, and just use the anonymous excuse to try and hide the fact that they are making a fake leak (by pretending to be part of a company). Even though I may not be able to prove it now (though same goes for your on your stance), it still stands that we don't know for sure if this guy really is from the company or not, and is just making this up. Plus, I have seen some people on GameFAQs who posted previous leaks that others say were true post a leak after that were proven false.

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
The fact that sources for this kind of thing are better off left unnamed is something we'll just have to deal with for leaks; it doesn't really affect the credibility of this leak specifically. If anything it just means leaks are easy to fake, which isn't exactly a secret.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The fact that sources for this kind of thing are better off left unnamed is something we'll just have to deal with for leaks; it doesn't really affect the credibility of this leak specifically. If anything it just means leaks are easy to fake, which isn't exactly a secret.
I still have my doubts about where he got the info. I mean, this guy isn't even working for ESRB, and I am sure other companies would not share their secrets with anyone, and I have doubts that this guy's source does have ties to Nintendo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Apparently there are a few red flags but we don't know if they are major or not.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Welp guys just came back to this thread and noticed how this leak drilled out 3 pages. Pretty hype stuff if It's true. But if It's not my hopes & confidence are still set sky high for K. Rool in smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, at least we have something to talk about, like others have said before me. I will admit, this made me more excited some for the August Direct.

StormC

Smash Hero
To go back a bit, I think I'm good with pretty much any K. Rool design; I would be surprised though if Sakurai/Namoc-Bandai entirely ignored the PAON design, even if they're catering moreso to fans of the Rare games than anybody else, since it's the only design that's been used in the 21st century.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Huh.......what's up with all these people lurking on this thread?:crazy:
Word has spread, obviously.

Now watch as the number of views skyrockets again like that one mysterious incident from 2013. @ BKupa666 BKupa666 probably remembers, when we were hoping that Nintendo employees were viewing this thread. :p

:231:

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
What is considered a "red flag" if you know?
Seconded, as I'm curious about this, as well.:smash:

why are we the only thread talking about this
I'm holding off on mentioning it in my other character thread of choice (I'm a Bandana Waddle Dee supporter as well as King K. Rool, but you know that :laugh:) unless or until it proves to be relevant to him as well. I'm still catching up on the still-growing GameFAQs thread, so I don't know if anyone else has been mentioned yet.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Word has spread, obviously.

Now watch as the number of views skyrockets again like that one mysterious incident from 2013. @ BKupa666 BKupa666 probably remembers, when we were hoping that Nintendo employees were probably viewing this thread. :p

You mean the time we had like 99 guests viewing the thread at any given time at the start and end of an April week, only going away once I pointed them out, to the point where this thread had even more views than Ridley's? Oh man, those were some good times indeed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You mean the time we had like 99 guests viewing the thread at any given time at the start and end of an April week, only going away once I pointed them out, to the point where this thread had even more views than Ridley's? Oh man, those were some good times indeed.
Yep, that one. Too bad nothing really came of it, though we did manage to beat the Ridley thread to 100,000 views. :smirk::laugh:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hey guys, I'm planning to make a poll for K. Rool tomorrow for the daily ballot thread, just be sure to prepare for that. I recommend you vote on the other polls too while you're at it. I need as many opinions as possible.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Fix it for you.
Did I said something wrong?
Haha, no, you didn't say anything wrong. :laugh: I was just being literal for humourous effect, and imagining someone beating up some people using 2000 printed pages. (Not only would it be mean, but since Pages are an item in Yooka-Laylee, it wouldn't be suited to K. Rool anyway!)

Last edited:

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
I am probably more hyped for this leak than i should, since the chances are high it is fake.
And even if it's true, there is no guarantee for K Rool really becoming DLC since it is only a short list.

But it would be great to know that we achieved the attention of nintendo though...

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Leaks again, eh? I find this relevant now.

Jokes aside, I am indifferent on this particular leak. Just gonna let this one play out. I definitely remember the ESRB leak from last summer (almost a year already?!) and a lot of people were clamoring that the leak was fake, but ultimately was proven real.

And a leak that actually has K. Rool's name on it, color me surprised. I rather wait for the real deal with the splash text, but at this point I just want to see the words "King K. Rool confirmed for Super Smash Bros. as DLC" for real. Even if he is confirmed via leaks and whatnot.

Last edited:

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
I have my thoughts on the leak right now.

I might have been more inclined to believe this if Waluigi and Takamaru weren't listed here.
Not because they'd be bad characters or anything, in fact I'd love Waluigi.
The OCD in me wants the 4th plumber, and more characters for team battles are always a good thing IMO.
However, Waluigi and Takamaru are already ATs...and that by itself possibly de-confirms the leak(unless it is possible to simply set their ATs off when they're in battle? That's possible if this happens...)
I'd like to ask for some elaboration about what exactly this list (which from what I understand encompasses, among others: Wolf, Agent 3 (Inkling), Waluigi, K. Rool, Paper Mario, Chibi-Robo, and Takamaru?) entails.

Honestly, if Inkling is announced with the name "Agent 3," then I will fully believe that he had a source.
The name is a very "Sakurai" name, akin to Mr. Game & Watch, Toon Link, Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager (Toon Link was always referred to as Cel-shaded Link or Cel Link before being leaked for Brawl, while Villager was called Animal Crosser by fans before the Smash 4 reveal trailer).

Is this "leak" the list that Nintendo is giving Namco of particularly popular characters to consider?
Or is this a list Sakurai made of characters he already know are popular (he already noted the popularity of K. Rool during Brawl) but wants numbers to back them up before creating them?
Even if this leak is real, it doesn't really tell us anything other than that a few newcomers, veterans & Assist Trophies are being put into consideration.
That's what I see.
In conclusion, I'm just going to let the leak play out and see what happens. I don't want to get hyped a lot.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
3 worlds completed of Country Returns now.

I hope Monster Games Kongtemplate porting Tropical Freeze to the 3DS as well, they've done a fantastic job here.

I've also figured out why Time Attack was so hard for me - I didn't realise Diddy could run on DK to extend rolling time which makes levels significantly easier to speedrun...

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Best case scenario for us is that this leak is real and we know K. Rool is in. Worst case scenario is it's fake and we keep on supporting him. Either way, we keep on supporting him. The one thing that surprises me about this leak is Waluigi and Chibi-Robo. I can't imagine they'd be doing better than Wolf or Isaac.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Best case scenario for us is that this leak is real and we know K. Rool is in. Worst case scenario is it's fake and we keep on supporting him. Either way, we keep on supporting him. The one thing that surprises me about this leak is Waluigi and Chibi-Robo. I can't imagine they'd be doing better than Wolf or Isaac.
Waluigi isn't that surprising. He is noticeably popular amongst the more dedicated forums and given the success of Mario spinoffs is almost certainly significantly better known to your average player than Wolf or Isaac, especially the latter.

I have no explanation for Chibi-Robo. Were it not for Smash Bros trophies I'd never have known he existed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom