• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Entirely? I doubt that a little. Maybe a large portion of it, but there are are few other Iconic moves that I don't see being over shadowed. Besides, versatile though it is, I'm not sure the Blunderbuss has enough moves to make up a whole moveset. True, you could ad lib some moves, but having the entire moveset revolving around his gun? That would look kind of boring, wouldn't you think?
People have made movesets revolving 100% around EACH of his movesets. Yes, its fully doable, many of his attacks will just revolve around shooting things other than kannonballs, or whacking opponents with the blunderbuss itself. When I mean "entirely," I mean "almost everything except 1-2 moves." For example, there's no way he'd be without krown toss.

But I think the grand majority of the moveset would most likely revolve around the blunderbuss, like how much of Dedede's moveset revolves around his hammer and Bowser Jr. around the K4.

I'd love it to be a little bit of everything, but Sakurai would probably stick with one major gimmick.

Burruni

Smash Hero
People have made movesets revolving 100% around EACH of his movesets. Yes, its fully doable, many of his attacks will just revolve around shooting things other than kannonballs, or whacking opponents with the blunderbuss itself. When I mean "entirely," I mean "almost everything except 1-2 moves." For example, there's no way he'd be without krown toss.

But I think the grand majority of the moveset would most likely revolve around the blunderbuss, like how much of Dedede's moveset revolves around his hammer and Bowser Jr. around the K4.

I'd love it to be a little bit of everything, but Sakurai would probably stick with one major gimmick.
To be fair, the hammer is what Dedede has used in... every fight, I'm pretty sure. And it was his main tool in Kirby 64.

And while the paint brush was major for his first appearance and a fair amount in his sports game usages, in the Mario Galaxy, New Super, and even Mario Party games Junior has been much more of a mech or other "vehicle" user.

We'll see what happens with K. Rool but honestly King should be the main focus because it was his major part for DKC 1, 64, and the entirety of the PAON games

StormC

Smash Hero
Am also somehow thinking that K.Rool will mostly be based on his DKC1 and DK64 appearances, as am not quite 100% convinced if Sakurai / Japan thinks of Kaptain and Baron as the same character as King K.Rool. And he might just want to play it safe. Which means we might see a King Dedede - like Up B, Butt Smash, Crown Boomerang, and something Cannonball related which is not the Blunderbuss.
Japan definitely thinks of all the K. Rool personas as the same character. It's just a (bad) joke in the trophy description.

EDIT: And even so, everyone's ballot write ups should make it painfully obvious it's all the same guy.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
We'll see what happens with K. Rool but honestly King should be the main focus because it was his major part for DKC 1, 64, and the entirety of the PAON games
And Donkey Kong Land, as well. Don't forget Donkey Kong Land! :b:

EDIT: And even so, everyone's ballot write ups should make it painfully obvious it's all the same guy.
Ooh, there's always that one person who messes up statements like this, though. :laugh:

My only thought is that I REALLY want to know what this is about. The "Next trailer" wording could mean a couple of things though, right?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sounds like a slow news day. Nothing Smash Related, so it must be Smash related?

A new trailer just dropped for the upcoming Community Effort Orlando event, but the Super Smash Bros. series was surprisingly absent from the video. A concerned fan contacted the CEO Gaming Twitter page to ask if the game had been dropped, but thankfully it has not. Instead, CEO Gaming replied by saying "Smash has something big coming to CEO 2015. Next trailer." It's unclear whether this means Nintendo is planning an announcement or CEO Gaming has something up their sleeves, but either way it should be exciting to see.

Source: CEO Gaming

- See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/super-smash-bros.-has-something-big-coming-to-ceo-2015#.VWPALU9Vikq

Most likely it won't be, but I will gladly be proven wrong in this regard.

man k.rool sure can take a beating,and he doesnt go down easy(k rool is a stubborn kroc who wont give up).

only counting the rare games(also not counting remakes)

dkc 1

he got jumped on by dk 7 times(dk's weight was 800 pounds according to dk 64).
played dead and got back up.
then got jumped on 3 more times before getting knocked out for good.

dkc 2

he gets blown up by his own blunderbuss 9 times.
gets punched by dk in the face.
gets sent flying through the cealing of the flying kroc(airship).
falls all the way down from the top of crododile isle(which is very high) hitting 2 things along the way before falling into the swamp.
he then gets attacked by 3 sharks and he fights off the sharks then he makes his way to crododile core drenched in water and seaweed(obviously aggrivated).
gets blown up by his blunderbuss again but this time the blast sends him flying into the crocodile core which starts to blow up with him inside.
he gets off the island just in time before it completly blows up and sinks.

dkc 3

gets hit with a barell 7 times.
gets shocked 7 times.
the last shock sent him flying through the floor in the background.
after his defeat he goes to his submarine.
he gets hit on the head with a steel barrel 10 times.
flys to the background where he spins around on the subs steering wheel.
gets chased by a giant banana bird which then lays a gaint egg from the sky onto k rool.

dk land

gets jumped on by dk 14 times before being defeated.

dk 64

dk launches himself out of a barrel and hits k rool 4 times in the face knocking him out.

diddy shoots down 4 big stage lights onto k rools head knocking him out.

(with the light still on his head)he hears the sound of lankys music and run torwards it slipping on a big banana peel 4 times before getting knocked out,kremlings help take the stage light off of his head.

he does ground pounds and hurts his butt allowing tiny to become small and enter a hole on his shoe where she shoots his toes 10 times,k rool gets knocked out.

chunky kong(2000 pounds) turns giant size,k rool charges at him but gets punched by chunky in the face sending him flying across the ring,after 4 punches he gets knocked out for the last time.

he gets shot in the butt by a rocket launcher boot,sending him flying all the way over dk island landing into k.lumsys cage.
k lumsy beats up k rool and throws him out through the cealing.

must be them crocodile scales protecting him.

who knows what you could of done to him when he was a pilot in the cancled racing game.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
One thing's for sure: K. Rool definitely needs to have good survivability if or when he makes into Smash.

I do hope they get that aspect right, given all of that!

D

Deleted member

Ok how about we talk about DK stages we like to see for dlc? for me it punch bowl from DKTF.

(without bashmaster being a stage boss)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wouldn't mind Bashmaster becoming a reoccurring character.

Who knows? Maybe he joins the Kremling Krew.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind Bashmaster becoming a reoccurring character.

Who knows? Maybe he joins the Kremling Krew.
If Bashmaster becomes a reoccurring character he will officially be the petey piranha of the DK series XD(and that not a bad thing I love petey piranha).

Last edited by a moderator:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
What I'm starting to love is a Western style King K. Rool, perhaps the Sheriff K. Rool someone mentioned not too long ago? It just fits so well, the Desert themed worlds, Mining (as it was a very prominent career back then), The lush forests and prairies, Industrial age themed world, Ghost Towns, etc. It would also nicely deviate from the stereotypical Jungle theme. Western gun slinger styled Kremlings along with krazy mining Krems, with K. Rool having a prehistoric Saurosuchus (imagine a Dinosaur Croc mix) as a trusty stead. It would also mark the return of his Blunderbuss.

Also, the face is almost done, sorry bout the constant updates but I LOVE how this is turning out! The nostrils are being placed further up btw.

View attachment 53364
Really loving the updates, it looks fantastic already. I like the feather idea, too! Do think that the bloodshot eye could be slightly bigger, in my view. K. Rool's got "o0" this kinda face going on usually. But really love it, great work as always.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I now also want to see a Italian mob boss K. Rool. Maybe give him his own nut/fruit/whatever shooting tommy gun. It would be hilarious if all the Kremlings wore sharp suits and fedoras as well. XD
As the resident sleuth i can't not approve of this idea. Would love to see a Don K.rool

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
What I'm starting to love is a Western style King K. Rool, perhaps the Sheriff K. Rool someone mentioned not too long ago? It just fits so well, the Desert themed worlds, Mining (as it was a very prominent career back then), The lush forests and prairies, Industrial age themed world, Ghost Towns, etc. It would also nicely deviate from the stereotypical Jungle theme. Western gun slinger styled Kremlings along with krazy mining Krems, with K. Rool having a prehistoric Saurosuchus (imagine a Dinosaur Croc mix) as a trusty stead. It would also mark the return of his Blunderbuss.

Also, the face is almost done, sorry bout the constant updates but I LOVE how this is turning out! The nostrils are being placed further up btw.

View attachment 53364
HOLY COW! That is freaking AMAZING! I really love the detail in the scales! I am new to rendering and I just gave it my first shot a few weeks ago. If you don't mind me asking, Do you find it easier to start the render in color as opposed to greyscale? I did mine in grey scale and am STILL trying to figure out how to color it >.> And do you have a page for your art? I'd love to follow ya! Can't wait to see this finished!

Also I plan on doing a #DK double pic featuring both K Rool and Dixie for a charity art auction coming up next month. You think it would be too much trouble to download open broadcaster and record you painting this pic? I'd love to use it as reference if you are up for recording it. I feel like I'm going to be pulling my hair out when I attempt to draw K Rool's scales for the first time. lol.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Alright, so I've updated the Kutthroat list for the first time in over six months, thanks entirely to @ Dudery and FAITH forever Dudery and FAITH forever and @ StormC StormC for compiling and organizing all of the 838 names. It's great to see the whole thing in all its sizable glory, especially since it grew a bunch length-wise from the last update.

I'll be looking into adding a "Key Links" section next. I had a few ideas of what to include from earlier (moveset illustrations, namely), but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks should be featured. It can be videos, fan-art, renders, whatever.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Alright, so I've updated the Kutthroat list for the first time in over six months, thanks entirely to @ Dudery and FAITH forever Dudery and FAITH forever and @ StormC StormC for compiling and organizing all of the 838 names. It's great to see the whole thing in all its sizable glory, especially since it grew a bunch length-wise from the last update.

I'll be looking into adding a "Key Links" section next. I had a few ideas of what to include from earlier (moveset illustrations, namely), but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks should be featured. It can be videos, fan-art, renders, whatever.
That gif I believe @bellboy64 did.

just so you know i spotted 3 KlumpKluxKlan names on there, should probably erase 2 of them.

but it feels good to be up to date nonetheless

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Made a GIF. Not all that well-made, but it's something. Maybe someone with better software can nab a smoother one from the original video.

StormC

Smash Hero
Not important, but interesting:

For giggles, I threw together a Nintendo Vs. Capcom roster tonight in, like, ten minutes. The bottom row is DLC. Guess who...!

Had to make due for character icons on the last two.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

For giggles, I threw together a Nintendo Vs. Capcom roster tonight in, like, ten minutes. The bottom row is DLC. Guess who...!

Hang on - Doesn't Disney own the rights to Scrooge McDuck? But neat roster, regardless!

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I would place Mewtwo or Charizard at the place of Lucario, but aside from this it's great. I love the idea of Scrooge McDuck Pogo-Sticking Ridley and K.Rool.

D

Deleted member

Oh that one of my E3 prediction Ok you know that Ryu is going to be in smash 4 for DLC right? will what if they are only doing this so they can do a nintendo vs capcom reason being we all know the marvel vs capcom games are now dead because of the epic fail that is marvel contest of champions and what better way of getting marvel vs capcom series back then by doing a nintendo vs capcom and it will help both companies capcom get there huge profit and nintendo get there hardcore consumer back it a win-win!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Wouldn't Scrooge be, like, nigh impossible due to Disney? Yes, Capcom made his games and all that, but still.

Replace either Megaman.EXE or Wily with Vile and I'm cool with this roster.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Great roster, but why is Pit DLC?

- she says, knowing Pit is the only character she'd really want to play

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Sounds like a slow news day. Nothing Smash Related, so it must be Smash related?

A new trailer just dropped for the upcoming Community Effort Orlando event, but the Super Smash Bros. series was surprisingly absent from the video. A concerned fan contacted the CEO Gaming Twitter page to ask if the game had been dropped, but thankfully it has not. Instead, CEO Gaming replied by saying "Smash has something big coming to CEO 2015. Next trailer." It's unclear whether this means Nintendo is planning an announcement or CEO Gaming has something up their sleeves, but either way it should be exciting to see.

Source: CEO Gaming

- See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/super-smash-bros.-has-something-big-coming-to-ceo-2015#.VWPALU9Vikq

Most likely it won't be, but I will gladly be proven wrong in this regard.
When is it?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, given the CEO event thing BowserK.Rool brought up, it seems we have four possible events on which character reveals COULD happen: E3, EVO (most likely for Ryu), CEO (if there is a trailer by then) and that Fire Emblem concert that should be going on in July (which would most likely be for Roy). Any other event I missed?

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
CEO 2015 talking about something BIG for smash ceo but i dont think it's related for DLC...
E3 is the best EVENT

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So, given the CEO event thing BowserK.Rool brought up, it seems we have four possible events on which character reveals COULD happen: E3, EVO (most likely for Ryu), CEO (if there is a trailer by then) and that Fire Emblem concert that should be going on in July (which would most likely be for Roy). Any other event I missed?
Honestly; I'll be surprised if any of those events other than E3 produce a character reveal. I imagine E3 will give more detail on Lucas, and announce up to 2 new characters, one being Ryu because 3rd party. The other is probably Roy as he's another veteran, and I imagine those taking the spot pre-ballot. Wolf is the only other character I think likely to be announced this early though I would be happy to be proven wrong. EVO and CEO is probably nothing; I remember everyone last year thinking the same would happen and it never did.

As for the Fire Emblem concert, I have no idea how that got the steam it did other than it seeming to fit conveniently with the Roy leak. Other than that it is just Sakurai going to a concert. If he went out to McDonalds, I honestly wonder how many people would start screaming "Ronald McDonald confirmed!".

Top Bottom