• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
Even then, though, I'm not so much a proponent of "reps," so much as covering those bases of the major series without their iconic villain.
I feel that this is more important than some people make it out to be. K. Rool's inclusion would help represent the core and essence of the DK series and give it that sense of completeness. Mario has all the necessities (and more), Zelda has all the necessities, and the Kirby series has all of the necessities. Even Star Fox had the main character, a secondary character, and antagonist (who I imagine will and should return as dlc). The DK series is still waiting. There are obviously many other factors that apply, and K. Rool is capable of fulfilling so much in general.

Is everybody talking about villains they want to see in smash? if so Shake King or Captain Syrup from the wario lands series would be perfect villains in smash 4.
I have to say that Captain Syrup is the only antagonist from the Wario series that has any actual sense of worth with relation to being a playable character in something like Smash, but I really liked the Shake King and his boss fight (Wario Land Shake It was an amazing game in general). The main issue with all of the other Wario antagonists is that they're not really much more than one-offs. While Captain Syrup isn't a necessity for Smash, I definitely think that she would make for a great addition.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Its fine. I like your Samurai K. Rool idea but he should be called Shogun K. Rool.
Yea Shogun K. Rool would be sick, I wouldn't mind seeing them flesh out the Aztec theme he had in sluggers. He could use a blow dart gun that fires poisonous snakes or klaptraps and he could use a war club with a cannonball strapped to the end as the club head.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Then it's prounounced "Kye"-Borg which doesn't really make sense.
K Rool logic makes everything K Rool do make sense.
Why is King K. Rool on a pirate ship when Kaptain K Rool fits it better. K ROOL LOGIC!
Why is Kaptain K Rool in a lab when it fits Baron K Roolstein better. K ROOL LOGIC!
Why is Baron K Roolstein in a castle when it fits King K Rool better. K ROOL LOGIC!
Why does King K. Rool steal DK's banana's when he's a crocodile and shouldn't naturally eat them. K ROOL LOGIC!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
K Rool logic makes everything K Rool do make sense.
Why is King K. Rool on a pirate ship when Kaptain K Rool fits it better. K ROOL LOGIC!
Why is Kaptain K Rool in a lab when it fits Baron K Roolstein better. K ROOL LOGIC!
Why is Baron K Roolstein in a castle when it fits King K Rool better. K ROOL LOGIC!
Why does King K. Rool steal DK's banana's when he's a crocodile and shouldn't naturally eat them. K ROOL LOGIC!
yes but the K only works if certain words can also be pronounced with a C, Captain=Kaptain, Crusher=Krusha Critter=Kritter. Cyeborg= "Kye"-..err what? I'm sure even K. Rool has more logic then that when it comes to his own pronunciation.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
This is a winner. Frankly I'm shocked it wasn't already a boss in DK64 or somesuch. At least we got King Kut-Out.
You know what'd make an amazing boss for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3?

Mech K. Rool. Giant kroc-bot whose boss pattern involves riding on Rambi to charge right on up the arms and into the bigger glass eye that K. Rool sits in to pilot the thing, all while having to avoid the explosive krocket missiles and K4 mines the mech throws at them. God damnit, hire me already Retro Studios. I just gave you phase 1 of your next final boss fight.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You know what'd make an amazing boss for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3?

Mech K. Rool. Giant kroc-bot whose boss pattern involves riding on Rambi to charge right on up the arms and into the bigger glass eye that K. Rool sits in to pilot the thing, all while having to avoid the explosive krocket missiles and K4 mines the mech throws at them. God damnit, hire me already Retro Studios. I just gave you phase 1 of your next final boss fight.
Meh, I'd rather face K. Rool in the flesh like all the other previous games, especially if he's going to make his epic return. The Mech K. Rool would be a good world boss of it's own though like King Kut-Out.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
my ideas for KKR new alter egos.

- Ötzi Rool (Caveman like theme)
- Kahuna K. Rool (Tropical witch doctor theme)
- Billy the Rool (Western styled cowboy theme)
- Tutan K. Rool (Egypt pharaoh theme)
- Steven K. Berg (Hollywood styled filmmaker theme - Parody of Steven Spielberg)
- Consul K. Rool (roman themes emperor theme)
- Don K. Rool (Gangster styled theme)
- Safari Rool (Big game african hunter theme)
- Bush K. Rool (Australian themed)
- Kongo K. Rool (African tribes man theme)
- Circus Rool (evil ringleader theme)

D

Deleted member

Since we are talking about alter ego for King K Rool how about magical girl King K Rool? :troll:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I think DK64 should set the precedent, with us getting King K.Rool as the behind the scenes version(and a bonus homage fight), but a new persona as the main one. Also he can have a mech, but he does need a physical fight to set him apart from say eggman.

Also, I am a Captain Syrup supporter, but you guys are forgetting the actual villain of the F-Zero series who showed up in almost every game, including the originals manual(just like Goroh), and that is Pico. Samurai Goroh is a mere rival, Pico is the actual villain, and an assassin at that. Sadly due to the anime black shadow and Goroh have gotten fan rabid, while he had only a minor role, and was less meme-able.

edit: too bad I never got permission to reopen the support thread, maybe I should double check

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think DK64 should set the precedent, with us getting King K.Rool as the behind the scenes version(and a bonus homage fight), but a new persona as the main one. Also he can have a mech, but he does need a physical fight to set him apart from say eggman.

Also, I am a Captain Syrup supporter, but you guys are forgetting the actual villain of the F-Zero series who showed up in almost every game, including the originals manual(just like Goroh), and that is Pico. Samurai Goroh is a mere rival, Pico is the actual villain, and an assassin at that. Sadly due to the anime black shadow and Goroh have gotten fan rabid, while he had only a minor role, and was less meme-able.

edit: too bad I never got permission to reopen the support thread, maybe I should double check
IMO I think Deathborn would better character to put in smash I just love his theme,design and his name.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am also somehow thinking that K.Rool will mostly be based on his DKC1 and DK64 appearances, as am not quite 100% convinced if Sakurai / Japan thinks of Kaptain and Baron as the same character as King K.Rool. And he might just want to play it safe. Which means we might see a King Dedede - like Up B, Butt Smash, Crown Boomerang, and something Cannonball related which is not the Blunderbuss.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Am also somehow thinking that K.Rool will mostly be based on his DKC1 and DK64 appearances, as am not quite 100% convinced if Sakurai / Japan thinks of Kaptain and Baron as the same character as King K.Rool. And he might just want to play it safe. Which means we might see a King Dedede - like Up B, Butt Smash, Crown Boomerang, and something Cannonball related which is not the Blunderbuss.
Not sure what to think of this. From Mario Wiki:

"In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, K. Rool's trophy information erroneously states that Kaptain K. Rool is the brother of King K. Rool, which lead to some fans theorizing that King K. Rool and Kaptain K. Rool are separate characters in the Japanese script of Donkey Kong Country. However, Japanese material (such as the intro of the Japanese Game Boy Advance version of Donkey Kong Country 2) also portray Kaptain K. Rool as a disguise, and thus the trophy description is merely an error."

Hopefully the description in Brawl is mostly an error. It'd be disappointing to see such potential wasted.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So talk about wasted potential but we have the Kongs with made up moves in their moveset as well. Donkey Kong's Specials are all made up, except for Down B. And Diddy never did Monkey Flips, or threw bananas as a way to attack opponents. Am thinking that K.Rool will more than likely have his own made up Special moves as well, wasting potential or not.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At this point I don't care; I just want him to be there, and have some iconic moves like Diddy got. That's all I want at this point.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
What I'm starting to love is a Western style King K. Rool, perhaps the Sheriff K. Rool someone mentioned not too long ago? It just fits so well, the Desert themed worlds, Mining (as it was a very prominent career back then), The lush forests and prairies, Industrial age themed world, Ghost Towns, etc. It would also nicely deviate from the stereotypical Jungle theme. Western gun slinger styled Kremlings along with krazy mining Krems, with K. Rool having a prehistoric Saurosuchus (imagine a Dinosaur Croc mix) as a trusty stead. It would also mark the return of his Blunderbuss.

Also, the face is almost done, sorry bout the constant updates but I LOVE how this is turning out! The nostrils are being placed further up btw.

kaptain_k__rool_s_krew_by_snivyvonderp_phuckii-d8hzkb3.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry if this sound random but am I the only one here that think uncle ruckus looks like a human version of King K Rool?

Maybe it the eyes?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think Sakurai did a great job with Diddy's moveset - short of him actually tossing his cap into the air and busting out a boombox, I can't imagine a more faithful representation of the chimpy champ.

Even DK's moveset fits the character, even if most of it's fabricated for Smash - I think it also has something to do with the relatively simple playstyles of Smash 64 and Sakurai wanting to depict DK in his Country guise, wherein all he really does is jump, roll and hand-slam.

EDIT: And throw things, of course, but even the cargo hold captures that aspect nicely.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No am not thinking Sakurai did a bad job with the Kongs, he did great actually. Especially on Diddy, even though DK64 could've served more inspiration for tail attacks instead of just that waggle he does. That's my only beef, and I'd actually loved to be able to shoot both Peanut Popguns, but am satisfied with what we got still. Monkey Flip is a much better fitting move for Diddy than Headbut is for DK btw. And it represents Diddy being tossed around as a projectile in DKC2. Plus, a command grab is just something that fits. Giant Punch fits DK same way. Am just thinking that K.Rool will probably have his own "Giant Punch", "Headbut" or "Monkey Flip" and not so too much "Handslap" "Peanut Popgun" and "Rocket Barrel Boost" if you get what I mean... It'll probably end up being 50 / 50 as with Diddy.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No am not thinking Sakurai did a bad job with the Kongs, he did great actually. Especially on Diddy, even though DK64 could've served more inspiration for tail attacks instead of just that waggle he does. That's my only beef, and I'd actually loved to be able to shoot both Peanut Popguns, but am satisfied with what we got still. Monkey Flip is a much better fitting move for Diddy than Headbut is for DK btw. And it represents Diddy being tossed around as a projectile in DKC2. Plus, a command grab is just something that fits. Giant Punch fits DK same way. Am just thinking that K.Rool will probably have his own "Giant Punch", "Headbut" or "Monkey Flip" and not so too much "Handslap" "Peanut Popgun" and "Rocket Barrel Boost" if you get what I mean... It'll probably end up being 50 / 50 as with Diddy.
Oh, I wasn't responding to your comment specifically, just thinking aloud.

I agree that K. Rool probably won't be as diverse or fanservicey as we would like him to be, but I also doubt Sakurai will half-ass it - he knows K. Rool is a beloved character with a huge amount of versatility, he'll do something interesting with him.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The most likely thing that would probably happen with K. Rool is that he's based entirely around the blunderbuss, honestly. Which is fine, he's got loads of potential with just the blunderbuss on its own.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
The most likely thing that would probably happen with K. Rool is that he's based entirely around the blunderbuss, honestly. Which is fine, he's got loads of potential with just the blunderbuss on its own.
Entirely? I doubt that a little. Maybe a large portion of it, but there are are few other Iconic moves that I don't see being over shadowed. Besides, versatile though it is, I'm not sure the Blunderbuss has enough moves to make up a whole moveset. True, you could ad lib some moves, but having the entire moveset revolving around his gun? That would look kind of boring, wouldn't you think?

Top Bottom