• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
What if King K. Rool used his giant crocodile jaw in his moveset? I can imagine his F-Smash or Fair being him leaning forward and viciously snapping his mouth shut. I can especially imagine it as his Fair.

His Blunderbus as an F-Smash could be like Samus' Up Smash but to the side. The three blasts could be colored like the purple, red and blue smoke in the original boss fight.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
You know guys I been thinking all this talk about King K Rool moveset did we ever think that maybe sakurai will pull a Bower jr on us? what I mean is before smash 4 what was the one thing BJ supporters talk about for BJ moveset? his paintbrush and his final smash being clown car jr instead we got bowser jr moveset be all clown car jr nobody seen that one coming I'm just saying I see that happening to K Rool if he make it into smash 4 for DLC.
I doubt it.

Bowser Jr's Clown Car moveset is one that is canon to the games (mostly; still not sure where the fork comes from). Moreover, I imagine a significant reason why that implementation was chosen is because it is one where having the Koopalings as alternate costumes makes perfect sense. This said, the other main inspiration for the moveset (Sunshine) is still incorporated as the Final Smash.

K. Rool is a much different case. There aren't notable alternate characters who might share an alt with him, so any move he uses is pretty much fair game, and he has lots of them. I don't know whether Sakurai would make him a projectile heavy heavyweight more like ROB or Link, or a bit of a bruiser more like Bowser (I prefer the former, but there you go) but in either case there is more than enough canon moveset inspiration to easily make an appropriate set of special moves. The tilt and aerial game may well have some original stuff, but I doubt the specials will surprise people.

(Some people expect him to not use tools if he just has standard King outfit, but I think there are more than enough counter-examples in the game to show that this is probably not a concern)

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, look at Diddy. Everyone was saying "Diddy will have his Peanut Popguns and Rocketbarrel Boost." And... he did.

Steelia

Smash Champion
What if King K. Rool used his giant crocodile jaw in his moveset? I can imagine his F-Smash or Fair being him leaning forward and viciously snapping his mouth shut. I can especially imagine it as his Fair.
Would LOVE to see K. Rool actually use more croc/gator-inspired moves, like snapping with his jaws or doing a death roll as one of his grabs.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I doubt it.

Bowser Jr's Clown Car moveset is one that is canon to the games (mostly; still not sure where the fork comes from). Moreover, I imagine a significant reason why that implementation was chosen is because it is one where having the Koopalings as alternate costumes makes perfect sense. This said, the other main inspiration for the moveset (Sunshine) is still incorporated as the Final Smash.

K. Rool is a much different case. There aren't notable alternate characters who might share an alt with him, so any move he uses is pretty much fair game, and he has lots of them. I don't know whether Sakurai would make him a projectile heavy heavyweight more like ROB or Link, or a bit of a bruiser more like Bowser (I prefer the former, but there you go) but in either case there is more than enough canon moveset inspiration to easily make an appropriate set of special moves. The tilt and aerial game may well have some original stuff, but I doubt the specials will surprise people.

(Some people expect him to not use tools if he just has standard King outfit, but I think there are more than enough counter-examples in the game to show that this is probably not a concern)
Another big thing about this is that K. Rool may not have characters to share alts with, but he does have his own alts. Since its completely in-character I think its fairly likely K. Rool's alts will just be costumes (I could see Klump and Krusha added as filler, though; Klump being K. Rool's red costume and Krusha being his blue one).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Would LOVE to see K. Rool actually use more croc/gator-inspired moves, like snapping with his jaws or doing a death roll as one of his grabs.
Just imagine K. Rool crawling on all fours for his "crawling animation". It would be close enough to this hilarious image.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Kaptain is plausible, if not too likely. Baron and Krusha strike me as very unlikely.

...if I keep my hopes low, I won't be disappointed.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I think Kaptain is plausible, if not too likely. Baron and Krusha strike me as very unlikely.

...if I keep my hopes low, I won't be disappointed.
I'll be pleased with ANY of his alts as costumes because I doubt that he will get any alt costumes like that. I'm just expecting alit colors and that's it...DLC newcomers like K. Rool would take a lot of work as it is, I feel like they won't take the time to make such detailed alternate costumes. So my hopes too are low lol

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
But... that's not his most common method.

In DKC1 he throws his crown at you and summons cannonballs from the sky.
In DKC2 he shoots projectiles and pistol whips you with his blunderbuss (my personal choice for his forward smash).
In DKC3 he tries to electrocute you and shoots cannonballs from the background.

Only in DK64 does he become a particularly physical fighter.
But in all of those iterations, he uses his physical strength to attack. In DKC he tries to topple over you and jump on you, in DKC2 he uses his blunderbuss to propel that big golden belly into you, in DKC3 he tries to flies around and tries to ram into you. K. Rool has always utilized some form of equipment, but they're always exclusive to that iteration. However, K. Rool will always try to kill you with his size and strength in every encounter with him, so by definition, that is his most common form of attack.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I shall call him. . .Krispy
Actually his real name is Swing, Nickname Scarface.

A lizard-like creature using fire? Where have I heard of that? :4charizard:
It's a kool kharacter and koncept though.

:231:
Actually he is a real lizard in a cartoony styled way. He is just anthropomorphic like the Kongs, Kremlings and Snomads. The Kremlings and Rareware characters in general had a little influence in on my original characters.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Fire wielding reptile attempting to toast a small innocent creature without butter? sounds familiar. . .

Yeah, I know. Most people compare my original character to Dingodile. But I personal would compare him more to Negaduck from Darkwing Duck. Since he uses more than one type of weapon.

StormC

Smash Hero
in DKC2 he uses his blunderbuss to propel that big golden belly into you
Is that why his belly faces the opposite direction?

The point is every one of those boss fights has him using tools and objects. Compare it to things like Bowser's fight in Super Mario Bros. 3, where he just jumps around and breathes fire.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, here's some small progress with the Kaptain render I'm doing. Just getting the basic idea of the shades.
kaptain_k__rool_s_krew_by_snivyvonderp_phuckii-d8hzkb3.png

D

Deleted member

So King K Rool fans what is you're honest opinion on Kludge,Kalypso,Kip and Kass?

Welshy91

Smash Ace
The point is every one of those boss fights has him using tools and objects. Compare it to things like Bowser's fight in Super Mario Bros. 3, where he just jumps around and breathes fire.
I never claimed that he didn't use tools and gadgets, but he never used the same one twice. He always tries to stamp you out with his size though. If he consistently used his Kaptain persona then I wouldn't have an issue with a buttstroke for a forward smash, or if he was consistently Krusha K. Rool then I wouldn't mind him doing some kind of haymaker, but that isn't the case. If K. Rool makes it in, it will likely with his king persona. The only tools he utilized in that fight was a krown and kannonballs, neither of which makes for a great forward smash. Then again he could smack them with his krown or pull a Villager and drop a kannonball out of nowhere, but that just wouldn't feel right. I'm all for blunderbusses, krowns, and kannonballs in special attacks, but his standards should embrace his physique. He's a huge, krazy, krocodile, to forsake the physical side of his moves if to forsake a big part of his character (heh).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I dunno, I think dropping a kannonball out of thin air would make a great f-smash.

They never see it coming.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
To make a working Smash moveset they'll pretty much have to take some liberties with things. While I think K. Rool should mostly be a compilation of moves from his boss fights I think he should just mainly use his size and strength to take you down. His down smash could be the shockwave from DK64. He could leap up into the air a short distance and create a shockwave when he lands.

I think Kannonballs should be exclusive to his Final Smash. They could rain down on the stage like in DKC1. Its my favorite choice for a final smash for him, along with the giant death canon thing that was in DK64.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I dunno, I think dropping a kannonball out of thin air would make a great f-smash.

Villager does that but with a bowling ball.
Huh?

PS: i just hope he feels heavy and slow but powerful.

But i can see him ending up alot like Bowser J.r...
Has some projectiles.
Is heavy
But doesnt have much strength...like Raw strength to his moves..

Sure every character has 1 or 2 really strong moves...

I pretty much want a brute powerhouse like Bowser or Ganondorf.
Fast fall speed.
Cant jump that high.

I would fall in love if he felt alot like Ganon.

Last edited:

Welshy91

Smash Ace

At first I said it to prove a point, but then I thought "What if his forward smash had a kannonball fall from the sky in front of him, that'd be pretty cool..." then I thought "what if Pikachu's down smash summoned a bolt of lightning straight down, that's totally something he could do", then remembered that's a special attack.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I was more so thinking of it dropping out of the sky, but yes, that's the spirit~ :3
Ahh i see i had a concept before i though was cool.

As his side (B) it would be a fast and strong lunge like how he lunges in DKC1 but has some start up lag.

And after he lands a canonball will drop from the sky but it has a luigi misfire type if effect were if your really lucky dont know the % chance but maybe 2 will drop down.

Ow..good would be soo CanonSweet.

I was more so thinking of it dropping out of the sky, but yes, that's the spirit~ :3
Edit i misinterpreted it. Ignore the rest. Or read it. Im a post not a cop
If im imagining right That sounds problematic from a hitbox standpoint.

Im assuming you mean from the very top of the blast zone
Then it would have to be fast to actually useful because its a smash attack and is a pinish move for the most part. But then it has to go the entire range of the stage with that speed with thay much range and enough power to be labeled a smash attack. Yowch

Not even palutena's up smash works like that.

Or im misinterpreting this and i should just return to my korner.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If im imagining right That sounds problematic from a hitbox standpoint.

Im assuming you mean from the very top of the blast zone
Then it would have to be fast to actually useful because its a smash attack and is a pinish move for the most part. But then it has to go the entire range of the stage with that speed with thay much range and enough power to be labeled a smash attack. Yowch

Not even palutena's up smash works like that.

Or im misinterpreting this and i should just return to my korner.
I imagine it as popping out of a puff of smoke just in front of the tip of K. Rool's krown.

It has a slightly higher point of origin than Villager's bowling ball, but otherwise is the same in effect.

Last edited:
I imagine it as popping out of a puff of smoke just in front of the tip of K. Rool's krown.

It has a slightly higher point of origin than Villager's bowling ball, but otherwise is the same in effect.
I see. Much less ridikulous than what i imagined.

Off to my korner :estatic:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So... what do you think about the "Dixie is one of the forbidden 7" thing?
I know she was supposed to be part of Diddy, but still... maybe she is going to be the DK newcomer...or maybe she is one of the "Marios" found in the data and K.Rool will be added as a ballot newcomer... or maybe she will not be a newcomer XDD
But yeah, what do you think about Dixie's situation?

Hey guys, here's some small progress with the Kaptain render I'm doing. Just getting the basic idea of the shades.View attachment 53185
It looks awesome.

Last edited:

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969

One of my original characters i created is based, not of directly on a komodo dragon, but on a giant lizard with tree tails that looks a bit like one.
You know, this drawing is highly reminiscent of
's style. Were you inspired by him and take up his style?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
With regard to the "weapons vs. strength" discussion, I don't think anyone's saying K. Rool would have no physical attacks whatsoever, or that he never attacks physically during his boss fights. The idea is that his bread-and-butter has mostly been projectiles and stage traps, and because that sort of playstyle is lacking in Smash, especially among the heavyweights, it'd be a shame for him to have anything less.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
So King K Rool fans what is you're honest opinion on Kludge,Kalypso,Kip and Kass?
Kludge along with Kip and Kass have good potential to be bosses in a new DKC game. Kludge would just be a brute while i'd like to see Kip and Kass control a giant mech together or something like that. As people have said Kalypso should be K Rool's right hand women and have the relationship that Zap Brannigan and Kiff have from Futurama. Maybe have Kalypso age into a secretary like character like that girl in Super Paper Maro that's name I forget.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys do you like the idea if king k rool Personas (baron k roolenstein,kaptain k rool and other persona in future dk games he in) were his multiple personality disorder?

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Hey guys do you like the idea if king k rool Personas (baron k roolenstein,kaptain k rool and other persona in future dk games he in) were his multiple personality disorder?
Rare already seemed ready to drive the point home that K. Rool is a bit unstable. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I always thought he was just eccentric though.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It's easy for someone like K. Rool to have multiple personality disorder after all the times the monkeys have driven him bananas.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572

If the Kannonball fell from the top of the stage, would it be blocked by platforms? It would be a great homage, and a welcome F-Smash, but I can't help but feel it'd be inconvenient on stages like Battlefield. Shoot, even the platform on Smashville could intercept it, leading to great annoyance. (True, you could always use a different Smash, and that platform interceptions would be situational, but still.)

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Villager does that but with a bowling ball.
Huh?

PS: i just hope he feels heavy and slow but powerful.

But i can see him ending up alot like Bowser J.r...
Has some projectiles.
Is heavy
But doesnt have much strength...like Raw strength to his moves..

Sure every character has 1 or 2 really strong moves...

I pretty much want a brute powerhouse like Bowser or Ganondorf.
Fast fall speed.
Cant jump that high.

I would fall in love if he felt alot like Ganon.
Personally, I hope that Sakurai and his team have learned that even heavyweights need speed/mobility to be more viable. They should know this by now considering how they had to give Bowser the running speed of Marth and Lucina among other fast attacks to at least not be garbage anymore (no offense to you fellow Bowser mains out there.) I want a SPEEDY King K. Rool, provided we get a K. Rool at all.

Top Bottom