• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Personally I'd rather have a move being situational but unique and faithful to the source material than being cloned from another character's move with a single similar characteristic for the sake of being practical to use... not to mention I'm sure the move wouldn't suck as long as the projectile is fast enough. I agree it would often be risky and useless to use but there are not many ranged moves with a punishing role in Smash Bros. and thus it would give the move a truly unique niche.

And for "It wasn't even that hard of a move to dodge in it's original game" I'm sure a Link-like Boomerang attack would be harder to dodge than the Krown Toss as I imagine it anyway.
When they are of stage and trying to recover
Throw krown for K.O :)
Simple

I would love a krown toss even if it had a small hitbox and K.Rool couldnt move untill he gets it back and if it even traveled at medium speed but was super strong lmao would be hilarious but it was fairly fast his krown when he threw it in DKC1

God...K.Rool needs to be in this game
Instant main.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I find it a little tough to play as my other favorite characters in the game now that Mewtwo's in, if K. Rool makes it, I'll be hooked, heck I won't even care if I do beat up Bowser or Ganon(another 2 of my favorite nintendo villains) to me, K. Rool is just that awesome. I mean nevermind that he captured DK and Diddy twice, the fact that he took out Mario, Link, and Earthworm Jim (If what DK Vine's theory about them in DKC2 is true)in a fight defintley shows just how worthy of a villain and competitior he is.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My preferred option for krown is that it goes through opponents and can trap them on the way forward and back. and get a few hits in. It can either be fast or slow, not sure how best to balance it. I think having K. Rool immobile is TOO much and won't make it viable at all. If its too fast it won't be effective enough, and if its too slow it'll be too effective (people can avoid it, but if they get caught it'd do some serious damage and leave them wide open).

Also, boxing glove as a custom (if customs are added later).

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
In DK64
K.Rool throws his boxing glove should have been his krown know i think about it xD
heh I actually didn't make it that far in DK64...

If K Rool's in Smash though with the boxer alt outfit, then we might finally see Boxer K Rool throwing his krown!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Something i gotta say if K.Rool is added and he doesnt even atleast have a Kaptain K.Rool Alt. Costume i will be extremely dissapointed more so that Bowser didnt have a Dry Bowser Alt or atleast a dark bowser alt sorta did with the colours but not his eyes but yh

point is imo K.Rool is the most important and Alt costume worthy character he has to fricking have atleast one but really he should have as many as Little Mac :)

Something thats bugging me..its really important...i know Sakurai will just throw him in with different colours for kremlings etc
Blue
Red
Yellow...

Am i a idiot for really thinking Mewtwo was gonna have his Giovanni armour suit from the Anime as a Alt. Costume.... :(
Actually thought Sakurai was gonna do it....
But this is more serious...

(PS: Plz dry bowser alt for DLC)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The whole Roy and Ryu thing is far from confirmed though.
It basically is though.

There's no other reason for the data to be there.

Plus, you didn't take issue with :wolf:?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
It basically is though.

There's no other reason for the data to be there.

Plus, you didn't take issue with :wolf:?
I was assuming Wolf was mere speculation.
And well i mean can we really confirm the data is indeed there? Has anyone besides that Reddit guy found those files and confirmed it?

And well i mean can we really confirm the data is indeed there? Has anyone besides that Reddit guy found those files and confirmed it?
multiple reliable people including The Cutting Room Floor. and smashboard's own pushDustin. (and his friend)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Five different and reliable sources have found them there.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I still won't fully believe the whole Ryu and Roy thing until I see more than a couple measly files.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Five different and reliable sources have found them there.
Well i guess Roy's our boy then :4roy:
By the way is the five more slots available thing also trustworthy?
As for the Wolf thing, i think he's also a pretty safe bet, seeing as Roy is going to come back, and i'm pretty sure Wolf was more popular than Roy in that japanese poll.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
"2 measly files"

there is also Kirby characters appearing on battlefield and the other files implying a kirby stage backing up the info as well based on the kirby songs found.
Cool story. Still waiting for credible images at best.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Not sure if this is new news or anything, also if relevant at all, but KROOL comes up if you hit the "r" and "l" buttons while making a tag flipping through all the default tags.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Not sure if this is new news or anything, also if relevant at all, but KROOL comes up if you hit the "r" and "l" buttons while making a tag flipping through all the default tags.
That happens in Brawl too and I'm pretty sure STURM also comes up. So that really doesn't mean much.
Except we do.
Oh, so you're on the dev team? Pardon me.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Or a Video of the Kirby characters showing up in a stage they should not when selecting a different stage?
Yes actually. You can play through 3DS Classic and see it yourself.

Kirby characters have a 50/50 chance of showing on Battlefield.

Is there any video evidence of the text files being accessed through hacking?
We have pictures.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yes actually. You can play through 3DS Classic and see it yourself.

Kirby characters have a 50/50 chance of showing on Battlefield.
So where is the video, if there is one?

It has never happened to me since I played the game. Ever since the 1.0.6 update.

We have pictures.
If a picture is worth a thousand words than a video must be worth a Million. It is easier for me to put my faith in a Video showing the information, but not the pictures by themselves.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So where is the video, if there is one?

It has never happened to me since I played the game. Ever since the 1.0.6 update.

If a picture is worth a thousand words than a video must be worth a Million. It is easier for me to put my faith in a Video showing the information, but not the pictures by themselves.
@Frostwraith has one video of it.

And you want a video that's basically just pictures?

domokl

Smash Lord
The amount of denial lol. This really doesn't hurt k rool either

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Again guys we'll get our answers in due time. I think the only thing we can really do now is wait for official confirmation. Going back and forth on weather this is real or not isn't going to make time move any faster.

domokl

Smash Lord
Again guys we'll get our answers in due time. I think the only thing we can really do now is wait for official confirmation. Going back and forth on weather this is real or not isn't going to make time move any faster.
It isn't what if though. Saying it is fake would mean five reliable sources were all lieing.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thanks.

A video of the information getting hacked where we see the text files of Ryu and Roy that were mentioned. A video is harder to fake than a picture.
@PushDustIn

Can you satisfy this man with your techspertise?

Regardless, what do you think K.Rool would sound like?

MainJPW

M.T.A
It isn't what if though. Saying it is fake would mean five reliable sources were all lieing.
Trust me i'm not doubting the data's there, I'm actually apart of tcrf's community. I'm just saying to wait, we'll get our answers soon enough.

@PushDustIn

Regardless, what do you think K.Rool would sound like?
Hopefully his voice will be faithful, but I have a feeling Sakurai will give him a generic dinosaur roar or something.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's true the files are there. What it all means is a whole other question. For now it appears we have two extra unknown characters and Roy and Ryu in the game, along with some stage stuff and other things. But that's only what got left behind since the patch. There could actually be tons more content headed our way than what's been hinted through this leak. Next patch we might see two more unknown character slots and even more stage stuff. Or we could see nothing because they'll clean up their mistake. So yes, we can make fairly safe assumptions, but only up to a point.

Also, seems a bit early to have character slots staged already when the ballot is still new. There's a theory that all these empty slots may be characters that were planned all along and we could still get our voted characters in additional slots added at a different time. Who knows really.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
K. Rool would probably have realistic crocodile noises, but it would be nice if he had has DK64 voice with some of his sounds from the DKC trilogy. In regards to the Ryu/Roy info, it's just a matter of time. I'm sure Ryu would be annouced at E3, til then, we should just keep voting for K. Rool.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Taking a quick breather from DK64 but am just about to arrive at the Hideout Helm. Just as fun, if not, better than when I played it all those other times. I was looking at the Donkey Kong Country Miiverse community for reasons and saw a majority of the posts about wanting K. Rool to come back as either the main villain again or be in Smash.

Top Bottom