• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Actually, I just had a funny thought, Sakurai is the master of deception, remember the Greninja reveal? well, what if we got a Mewtwo trailer tomorrow, with what starts as a fakeout that makes us think K.Rool, then it isn't, but he pops out blasting away the imposter!

Edit: Just thought of a better scenario:
well, what if we got a Mewtwo trailer tomorrow, with what starts as a fakeout that makes us think K.Rool is Mewtwo, then it isn't, but Mewtwo pops out revealing K.Rool! And announces him as part of the DLC with Mewtwo

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
So I just translated something Sakurai said on Instagram through three separate translators, and they all use plural form to say the same thing, which (due to their somewhat broken English) I've deciphered as either "(A?) Certain fighter(s?) make an appearance" or "Certain fighter(s) might (be able to) make an appearance...".

(Stuff in brackets are things I've added to make them more coherent in English.)

There may be hope for King K.Rool yet. :p

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So I just translated something Sakurai said on Instagram through three separate translators, and they all use plural form to say the same thing, which (due to their somewhat broken English) I've deciphered as either "(A?) Certain fighter(s?) make an appearance" or "Certain fighter(s) might (be able to) make an appearance...".

(Stuff in brackets are things I've added to make them more coherent in English.)

There may be hope for King K.Rool yet. :p
Don't get too excited. Language mumbo jumbo can create all sorts of confusion.

ChaosFalcon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dixdix22
3DS FC
3351-4604-2698
Actually, I just had a funny thought, Sakurai is the master of deception, remember the Greninja reveal? well, what if we got a Mewtwo trailer tomorrow, with what starts as a fakeout that makes us think K.Rool, then it isn't, but he pops out blasting away the imposter!

Edit: Just thought of a better scenario:
well, what if we got a Mewtwo trailer tomorrow, with what starts as a fakeout that makes us think K.Rool is Mewtwo, then it isn't, but Mewtwo pops out revealing K.Rool! And announces him as part of the DLC with Mewtwo
But really it's a pichu dlc trailer covering up for the reveal of the dark dark pit dlc. But does anybody really believe tomorrow on APRIL 1ST is anything than a Nintendo troll event?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If we get any character other than Mewtwo, my money's on Roy, just so the two big outlying Melee vets would be paired together (creating more hype together than Roy would alone to boot). But anything more than Mewtwo is a bonus as far as tomorrow's Direct is concerned, and heck, maybe he won't even be shown there, after how Janurary's Direct went. We'll see.

I'm mostly just excited to finally get closure on a character who definitely should've been in the default game, and whose development we've heard about on-and-off for the past half year. He'll sell well, which, if Nintendo hasn't pulled the trigger on making more characters already (a possibility), will hopefully persuade the team to work on more characters, one of whom could be the King.

Beyond that, maybe if we're lucky, we'll see Donkey Kong Land Returns or DK 64 2ish? Or, if we're really lucky, a DK cameo in a Mario sports game??

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we get any character other than Mewtwo, my money's on Roy, just so the two big outlying Melee vets would be paired together (creating more hype together than Roy would alone to boot). But anything more than Mewtwo is a bonus as far as tomorrow's Direct is concerned, and heck, maybe he won't even be shown there, after how Janurary's Direct went. We'll see.

I'm mostly just excited to finally get closure on a character who definitely should've been in the default game, and whose development we've heard about on-and-off for the past half year. He'll sell well, which, if Nintendo hasn't pulled the trigger on making more characters already (a possibility), will hopefully persuade the team to work on more characters, one of whom could be the King.

Beyond that, maybe if we're lucky, we'll see Donkey Kong Land Returns or DK 64 2ish? Or, if we're really lucky, a DK cameo in a Mario sports game??
I'd say best-case scenario is Diddy Kong Racing, otherwise DK 64 3D. I suppose it technically could be DK64 2 in a sense; I don't think they'd do a true sequel, but I do think they may potentially add some content; maybe add Dixie Kong, and more characters in 2-player, perhaps change up the final boss a bit and change the mechanics of the game somewhat so you can switch Kongs on the fly, that kind of thing.

However, I'd be surprised if DKCR3 wasn't being planned for launch on NX or whatever it is. Considering the timing, that'd be perfect really. Plus, it'd be a LAUNCH title.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Embrace the Shaq, each and all of us. Shaq is love. Shaq is life. :p
I mean, even K.Rool himself loves Shaq's slammaroonies, so we need to love Shaq as well, mah playas. :p

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I finally have no reason for not having DKCTF, as its a Platinum club Nintendo reward! though Pushmo world is tempting

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I see what's going on here. Shaq is replacing Mewtwo for Smash DLC with Shaq Fu to be released on VC to celebrate! They must've finally read all my creepy letters about it!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789

I highly doubt any DLC past Mewtwo will be announced. Sakurai is hesitant to do DLC because he thinks the fans will feel like they're paying for content that should've already been in the game. He also said he was going to use Mewtwo as a test for how much demand there was for DLC.

It's also pretty clear they were pushed for time to get the vanilla game done (tons of past stages, clones, incomplete game modes etc.). I doubt they managed to fit in a surprise DLC bundle, especially when Mewtwo plus a few other smaller things has taken them so long to release.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Put in my request, for our king of course, spread the word on the streets and Twitter, and Youtube! get everyone everywhere supporting our King

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh my god. This is basically the single best thing that could've happened for the King in terms of Smash, rivaling even a Retro Studios revival.

I think you all know what to do. Just a few floating thoughts I want to throw out, since I'm too over the moon to make some big write-up now.

--Vote EARLY and get your gamer friends to throw votes Rool's way as well.

--On that note, if K. Rool's like your second, third, fourth etc. most wanted choice, vote for your favorite, but PLEASE do us a solid and find a different CPU/phone/tablet to throw a vote our way as well. It would mean the world to a ton of fans.

--Give persuasive reasons regarding K. Rool fitting in the game. You know the sorts of things the team looks for...they look for uniqueness, for personality, for what K. Rool can bring to the game that no one else can.

--Talk about your personal enjoyment of the character as well. You can give reasons like "more villains are needed" or "DK is sorely underrepresented," but those really pale in comparison to pure, unbridled love for our fat crocodile pirate. Share that passion for the character first and foremost.

We've gone on and on about our fanbase for years now, and NOW it's time to put up or shut up. For the first time since Brawl, where fan requests resulted in a DK64-inspired Diddy and Bramble Blast in the game, Sakurai and co. ARE REACHING OUT TO US. Let's make our voices heard in return. . .we now have a legitimate chance of putting the King out there as the most wanted newcomer, so let's take action.

Long live the King!!

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
SIGN THE PETITION FOR THE KING !!!
LETS GET HIM IN !!!
RealTalk

Edit-

(does Ridley have a chance....)
How does the voting system work?
Aint ppl just gonna rig it like the skull Kid one?

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I lost it with Mewtwo and Lucas. The smash character request thing along with N64 games (DK64!!) is just awesome. Nintendo still has it!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Well, we know there's going to be more DLC than just Mewtwo; Lucas apparently just got confirmed as DLC. Which completely made my prediction null. :p

K.Rool may just be next in line for revealing, though; so there's some benefit.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*Donkey Kong 64 is coming soon and we can finally tell Sakurai that the King needs to be in Smash*

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Oh my god. This is basically the single best thing that could've happened for the King in terms of Smash, rivaling even a Retro Studios revival.

I think you all know what to do. Just a few floating thoughts I want to throw out, since I'm too over the moon to make some big write-up now.

--Vote EARLY and vote often. You're not limited to one CPU here. Get out and contact your gamer friends as well, see if they're kind enough to do the same.

--On that note, if K. Rool's like your second, third, fourth etc. most wanted choice, vote for your favorite, but PLEASE do us a solid and find a different CPU/phone/tablet to throw a vote our way as well. It would mean the world to a ton of fans.

--Give persuasive reasons regarding K. Rool fitting in the game. You know the sorts of things the team looks for...they look for uniqueness, for personality, for what K. Rool can bring to the game that no one else can.

--Talk about your personal enjoyment of the character as well. You can give reasons like "more villains are needed" or "DK is sorely underrepresented," but those really pale in comparison to pure, unbridled love for our fat crocodile pirate. Share that passion for the character first and foremost.

We've gone on and on about our fanbase for years now, and NOW it's time to put up or shut up. For the first time since Brawl, where fan requests resulted in a DK64-inspired Diddy and Bramble Blast in the game, Sakurai and co. ARE REACHING OUT TO US. Let's make our voices heard in return. . .we now have a legitimate chance of putting the King out there as the most wanted newcomer, so let's take action.

Long live the King!!
EVERYONE ITS TIME!!!!

BKupa666 made one of the best efforts I have ever seen to get this character more out in the open and you know what? NOW we are going to push that effort SO FAR down Nintendo's throat that they will gag on it!!!

As BKupa said: "Use more than one computer. Get your friends to vote for the KING!!!"

Give those good reasons why he should be a playable fighter.

Basically just be like Nintendo look at these>>> THE KINGS MANY FORMS attached below!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!! ALL OF US!!! TOGETHER!!! Never have I seen such support for a character and when Nintendo said we CAN'T do every character I KNOW for sure they are talking about silly suggestions like Geno or Goku.

If you are a Kutthroat and you believe in this cause IT WILL HAPPEN!!!! If Sakurai ignores us THIS TIME...then we will know what we need to know...BUT HE WONT!!! HE CANTT!!!!! The kings fans speak louder than all of the other characters combined. Make a valiant effort and get this to happen!!!

Make your voice be heard!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone and especially you BKupa666. You brought us all together once and now its TIME to do it again....but this time there is NO GOING BACK!!!

KING K FOR THE WIN!!!! LETS DO IT KUTTHROATS!!!!!!

Attachments

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Already casted my vote for the King, hope he's considered. Can't tell you how glad I am to know that DK64 is going to be a part of the launching titles for the N64 VC games too.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
KUTTHROATS

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR. FLOOD THAT INBOX WITH REQUESTS FOR OUR KING. THE REVOLUTION IS UNDERWAY.

WE WILL LET THE WORLD KNOW THE TRUE PROWESS OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR.
IT'S NOW OR NEVER.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Got my friends to vote! This is exactly what we need! Remember quality submissions! They want quality!

Top Bottom