• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
It's not very relevant to DKC at all, but it is Donkey Kong related. DK is going to be one of the villains in that new Adam Sandler movie "Pixels"...

I don't know what to think of the movie yet, I just wanted to post it here for anyone interested.

So Nintendo just tweeted this Starfox haiku (https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/577507118791729152), and asked fans to share their own Nintendo haikus.

Now is our chance to write haikus about DK/King K. Rool and send them to Nintendo to support our King! Lets show them how popular K. Rool and DK are! I have already sent one myself!
I'm trying to resist the urge to make a "It's snowing on Mt. Fuji" joke here...

It's hard to say. Personally I'd say Bowser Jr makes far more sense to include than Baby Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach or Tanooki Mario, but whatever. It's a topic for another thread.

:231:
I think you can tell my opinion on him not being in Mario Kart 8 by my profile alone (I don't like it). I do have a headcannon of why he isn't there, in the Mario Kart: Double Dash manual, it says that Jr. is there because he was misbehaving, and Bowser thinks the races will set him straight. What if Jr. was being good/extremely bad, so instead of being in the races again, he brought him to an even bigger game, Super Smash Bros.

I downloaded both albums back in December so I could listen to it whenever, it's an amazing soundtrack.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's not very relevant to DKC at all, but it is Donkey Kong related. DK is going to be one of the villains in that new Adam Sandler movie "Pixels"...

I don't know what to think of the movie yet, I just wanted to post it here for anyone interested.
That movie is supposed to be uber cliché, which is cool. I actually like Sandler's exaggerated idiotic humor so I'm looking forward to it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does anyone else think Donkey Kong has the potential for a party game of it's own? Seeing K. Rool actually going around stealing your coins and Golden bananas(as DK versions for Stars) would be pretty fun and he could say something funny and witty similar to his character from the DKC TV Show.
DK could definitely handle it. The question is, would we really want it? Honestly, I don't know. Party games are kinda boring. I'd rather have DK's Jungle Warriors, personally. :D

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

I think you can tell my opinion on him not being in Mario Kart 8 by my profile alone (I don't like it). I do have a headcannon of why he isn't there, in the Mario Kart: Double Dash manual, it says that Jr. is there because he was misbehaving, and Bowser thinks the races will set him straight. What if Jr. was being good/extremely bad, so instead of being in the races again, he brought him to an even bigger game, Super Smash Bros.

I downloaded both albums back in December so I could listen to it whenever, it's an amazing soundtrack.
I'm actually looking forward to that now since Click.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
DK could definitely handle it. The question is, would we really want it? Honestly, I don't know. Party games are kinda boring. I'd rather have DK's Jungle Warriors, personally. :D
I'd be up for both, I love Mario Party but other attempts at it like Miiverse Party and Smash Tour are just snoozefests to me, DK is an exception however. I'd love to be able to play as K. Rool and Krusha and go around beating up other enemies including the Kongs in a Jungle Warriors game.

Last edited:

Dust^

Smash Rookie

Was interested until adam went on the screen, and the guy from mall cop, im going to avoid it.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Hey everyone it's been quite sometime since I've been on the boards...work and life got in the way for a few months.

I stopped in to see how the ol Kutthroats were doing, the board seems to be lively still that's nice. I've been pushing the Kremling Kampaign REAL hard, posting it in the DKC Miiverse pages and in the Smash 4 Miiverse. I just commissioned a 3-D printed model of our favorite Kroc King which I'm SUPER excited for!! Im also making my own King K. Rool figure!

Anyway, I'm patiently waiting for E3 as I'm hoping (expecting) either a new DKC from Retro or Diddy Kong Racing 2 that's been rumored for a while now for this year. Hoping K. Rool appears in either one. I'm personally expecting more Smash DLC beyond Mewtwo and K. Rool would have a nice chance if he's appearing in a new DK game of some kind. Would be a great way for Nintendo to market the game whatever it may be. K. Rool is still highly requested I just read an article the other day that said he's the number 1 most requested newcomer for DLC in Japan which is nice. Also that new deal with DeNA just happened maybe we'll see te King in a mobile game? Lol K. Rools Krank Kalls!!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
My dream Donkey Kong game is another DKC, except the KONG and Puzzle Pieces have something worth unlocking than concept art. I want animated, interactive dioramas at the very least.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I know we've kinda all joked and chatted about the possibility of a Donkey Kong Warriors, but we've never overly gone into detail feasibility, well I've played a few of the warriors games(2 licensed and orochi), and I think I know enough I could put together a feasibility list, even if I sadly think its kinda unlikely for other reasons(A DK party game would be cool though)

Gameplay: Well, the base of all warriors games is combat, and all of the games no matter what they are based on have a weapons system. At first you would think that DK would be at a disadvantage, since he and his family(and a number of his enemies) are all melee fighters, however its not. The Kongs since DK64, and their enemies all have secondary weapons, so unlike standard Warriors games, each character's main moveset is only linked to experience and upgrades, while their secondary weapons can be replaced and augmented for various purposes such as group suppression or heavy strikes against tougher enemies, such as the Coconut gun

Characters: With over 12 Kongs from over the series' histories, animal buddies, and K.Rool and at least 5 feasible Kremling commanders(yes that includes Kalypso), oh and that Fredrick guy there's plenty of playable options, and grunts, well Kremlings, Tikis, Snowmads, and various island creatures, there's plenty... other than the Kongs' who don't have grunts, but perhaps the game could take a one man army approach, which brings me to

Locations: The series has it all, rivers, mountians, islands, fortresses and factories, etc, the only challenge is most of these are one sided layouts, but hey, there's ways around that

Viability: Overall, not bad, the DK series has the characters, the locations, and weapons that could make for an interesting combo, and other than the Kong's not having grunt troops, it's actually got all the proper elements for a warriors game(heck they did one with Gundam for goodness sakes), and it actually having a viable weapons system for that part of the upgrade mechanic of the warriors series makes it much more likely than a Mario warriors game

My Opinion: Honestly, it would be cool, and has a ton of stuff that could make a unique and cool game, and DK could definitely use a good batch of new spinoffs, and this wouldn't be a bad option, but there are some options that would be better, party could be cool, or a racing game that's in a 3D environment centered around the actual abilities of the kongs instead of vehicles

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I know we've kinda all joked and chatted about the possibility of a Donkey Kong Warriors, but we've never overly gone into detail feasibility, well I've played a few of the warriors games(2 licensed and orochi), and I think I know enough I could put together a feasibility list, even if I sadly think its kinda unlikely for other reasons(A DK party game would be cool though)

Gameplay: Well, the base of all warriors games is combat, and all of the games no matter what they are based on have a weapons system. At first you would think that DK would be at a disadvantage, since he and his family(and a number of his enemies) are all melee fighters, however its not. The Kongs since DK64, and their enemies all have secondary weapons, so unlike standard Warriors games, each character's main moveset is only linked to experience and upgrades, while their secondary weapons can be replaced and augmented for various purposes such as group suppression or heavy strikes against tougher enemies, such as the Coconut gun

Characters: With over 12 Kongs from over the series' histories, animal buddies, and K.Rool and at least 5 feasible Kremling commanders(yes that includes Kalypso), oh and that Fredrick guy there's plenty of playable options, and grunts, well Kremlings, Tikis, Snowmads, and various island creatures, there's plenty... other than the Kongs' who don't have grunts, but perhaps the game could take a one man army approach, which brings me to

Locations: The series has it all, rivers, mountians, islands, fortresses and factories, etc, the only challenge is most of these are one sided layouts, but hey, there's ways around that

Viability: Overall, not bad, the DK series has the characters, the locations, and weapons that could make for an interesting combo, and other than the Kong's not having grunt troops, it's actually got all the proper elements for a warriors game(heck they did one with Gundam for goodness sakes), and it actually having a viable weapons system for that part of the upgrade mechanic of the warriors series makes it much more likely than a Mario warriors game

My Opinion: Honestly, it would be cool, and has a ton of stuff that could make a unique and cool game, and DK could definitely use a good batch of new spinoffs, and this wouldn't be a bad option, but there are some options that would be better, party could be cool, or a racing game that's in a 3D environment centered around the actual abilities of the kongs instead of vehicles
Well, see, as far as DK Warriors goes, I don't think its TOO likely, but its among the more likely Warriors type of thing that could happen. The reason I say this is because DK has been on the more controversial side, its a bit darker and more realistic than Mario, and would fit a little better than Mario would. Mario would seem to be the #1 most likely, but... we got Hyrule Warriors instead. Why? Because Zelda fit better.

Mario would be a controversial choice for a new game. If we go on the same lines of Zelda (fantasy medieval style of game), the most popular franchises after that, in order, would be Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, and Kid Icarus (well, KI is more popular -at the moment- due to Uprising and GS's last game being 2010).

Of those, GS and KI are way to small to be considered for a valid option. GS could be a valid option if GS4 is announced soon. Fire Emblem would work, but we've already got a spinoff FE, and even FE is way low on Nintendo's top franchises. Donkey Kong is one that would work, isn't as controversial as an option as Mario and would probably be more likely to be greenlit by Nintendo, and popularity and sales-wise its only one step down from Zelda. That's why I feel DK is a good plausible option.

I have numerous ideas on how such a thing could work as well.

Gameplay: As far as weapons are concerned, I think they'd just cut out multiple weapons and each character has one moveset, but could have various other tools at their disposal with slightly different quirks; everyone gets a gun, everyone gets an instrument (maybe; it could be that instruments are merely a Musou for the characters that have them). There'd be an option to jump, and certain sections where you can jump around. There'd also be some aerial attacks available to complement Hyrule Warriors' strong attack system; probably replacing it.

The secondary weapons like the various guns could definitely do different things. Coconut Gun is good against stronger enemies. Blunderbuss could shoot different things or leave a persistent spiked kannonball. Bubblegum shooter could leave a sticky section on the ground.

Another thing I like is the option for having items to pick up and throw. For example, animal crates to hold animal buddies (all of which can be ridden and have different effects). When riding an animal buddy you'll only have access to shooting. Barrels could also be lying around and be thrown, as well as steel kegs which bounce around.

Characters: The Kong ally units can be the animals that were brainwashed in DKCR. Since they were just brainwashed they could be viable candidates for Kong allies. Otherwise yeah, there's more than enough Kongs and Kremlings to make a good roster of playable characters. A DK Warriors game need not have keeps, though, that's something of note.

Locations: I'm not sure if we can handle underwater regions, but overall I think there's plenty to cover and handle. One thing that may need to be considered is that there'd need to be a cutoff of either mountains/trees to prevent you from exiting the arena, or a pit (cliff, chasm, or water). An underwater arena is probably not possible. Enguarde is likewise only possible if he is only available at the top of the water. Making proper arenas isn't a problem, though. They'd just be based on existing DK levels/themes. I'd bet there'd be 6-8 levels set on DK Isle and several on Krocodile Isle.

But yeah, I think DK is more likely than people think.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Actually they have one.

On the subject of K. Rool himself, I'd love him to use invisibility in his moveset, but... I'm worried that it will be used in an official moveset as nothing more than yet another generic counter :c

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm liking the ideas for a DK Warriors game and can see it working if done right. Other then K. Rool, I can see Krusha, Klump, Kalypso, Klubba and Kruncha being the other 5 playable Kremling Commanders. If anything though I think a Mario Warriors game would be the next thing for Nintendo even though I'm not sure if I approve on that take.

In other things, with the 1st seaseon of the DKC tv show coming out on DVD in May of this year do you guys think we'll have news of a new DK related game by then and maybe DK smash bros wii u/3-ds dlc?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I work in a factory where we make pies, and certain pies we have have marzipan with a picture on it. I've seen at least 3 DKCR pies for children. Feels good every time.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Seriously solid effort. Somebody loves themselves some Dong~

Sometimes I like to eat bananas because Donkey Kong eats bananas. And Donkey Kong is cool so bananas must be cool too.

And yes, bananas are nice.

Makes me happy. :3

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
You dirty thing you.:troll:

Lol seriously though, that is pretty cool for some party stuff, I know I'd be happy. And yeah, I love bananas too.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Has anyone tried to edit the announcer to have him say "King K. Rool" ? He yells out "King" when you select King Dedede and he also shouts out "K.O." and "Rules" in the 50 fact extravaganza. You could easily edit those three sound clips to have him say "King K. Rool". I'd do it myself, but I don't have a computer to do so right now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Well, the Mewtwo DLC is pretty much done, and more details will be released soon. So, with that, I'd like to say this: those who are reading this; make sure to get as many people as you can that you know to download the Mewtwo DLC. That may convince Sakurai to make more DLC. If that convinces him, maybe he'll make King K. Rool DLC.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
If Retro is making a new DKC-Game I actually would like to see the idea of DK teaming up with his old enemies to stop a more dangerous villains. Would be cool to see DK with the team of KKR, Lord Fredric and Krazy Kalimba. But this idea can only work, if you bring up a new gameplay mechanics. This idea only works for a story driving force. And we all know, that Nintendo is not a fan of stories in their games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Story =/= excuse for new gameplay mechanic
If Retro is making a new DKC-Game I actually would like to see the idea of DK teaming up with his old enemies to stop a more dangerous villains. Would be cool to see DK with the team of KKR, Lord Fredric and Krazy Kalimba. But this idea can only work, if you bring up a new gameplay mechanics. This idea only works for a story driving force. And we all know, that Nintendo is not a fan of stories in their games.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well. . .condolences to whatever Takamaru fans overlap with the Kutthroat community. I suppose it's a silver lining he didn't claim K. Rool "missed out for not being popular enough," though to be fair, he's never said anything about the King, so it's a tall order to expect him to start now.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm guessing K. Rool hasn't been mentioned because Sakurai doesn't want to explain certain characters exclusions if they still have a chance as DLC. So far the only characters he's talked about are Takamaru (assist trophy), Ridley (boss enemy) and Ice Climbers (not workable on 3DS). Still waiting to see if he says anything about the planned Rhythm Heaven character. Oh yeah, he also talked about Chrom (Robin's Final Smash).

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm guessing K. Rool hasn't been mentioned because Sakurai doesn't want to explain certain characters exclusions if they still have a chance as DLC. So far the only characters he's talked about are Takamaru (assist trophy), Ridley (boss enemy) and Ice Climbers (not workable on 3DS). Still waiting to see if he says anything about the planned Rhythm Heaven character.
This is my theory really. The thing is, Sakurai originally mentioned Chrom and Ice Climbers specifically. Chrom was considered but scrapped due to not being interesting enough, and IC's were cut due to development complications. His next statement regarding cut characters is "yeah, there's other cut characters, but I can't talk about them." Now after his last statement he says "Oh, I considered Takamaru." Even though he said he didn't want to talk about cut characters.

That is pretty important I think.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Thought I'd just post this as basically my top 4 fighters who I want for ssbwii u/3-ds dlc. Luckily I'm getting one of them next week.
dlc 4.jpg

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Mewtwo's release date isn't confirmed yet. The deadline is by the end of the month, but that's not the release date. He'll probably be out by mid April.
Those who have both a Wii U and 3-DS or 2-DS and registered SSB4 at club nintendo get a free download code before his official release date.

Top Bottom