• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Semi-spoiler alert

I finished TF recently, and I loved the game but the ending felt underwhelming. The intro cutscene to the boss was kind of random and quick, and the ending was really rushed too.

Bashmaster and Fredrik were fun but were easier than the other bosses aside from the first one. I'm pretty sure you can skip the the last two phases of the Fredrik fight if you don't miss a hit.
Random? The Kongs made it to their enemy who took over their island what's so random about that? Plus all boss cutscenes were short. You saved the Island, how else do you want it to end?

BS, those bosses were tough. Bashmaster is eady once you studu his moves well enough but if you get stuck betweem those tall ice cube blocks then you're done depending on your life stock. Jumping on freddy is a little tough too when he charges at you since you can't jump on his head but his back instead.

Of course, every gamer's different.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Random? The Kongs made it to their enemy who took over their island what's so random about that? Plus all boss cutscenes were short. You saved the Island, how else do you want it to end?

BS, those bosses were tough. Bashmaster is eady once you studu his moves well enough but if you get stuck betweem those tall ice cube blocks then you're done depending on your life stock. Jumping on freddy is a little tough too when he charges at you since you can't jump on his head but his back instead.

Of course, every gamer's different.
(Spoiler Alert)

The random part was the Kongs and Freddy cracking the ice then immediately fighting. For a final boss I expected the cutscene to be longer. The end cutscene was also really short too.

Neither boss had any phase that was individually difficult, the only difficulty came from not making a mistake over a number of relatively easy phases. I ended up using Diddy for Freddy because he's the easiest to hit him with. The fact that Diddy stays at a static height when he hovers (unlike Dixie) makes it easier to drop on Freddy on reaction. You can just jump when he's about to charge and then hover until he gets under you (in the later phases you barely need to hover at all). This also helps for the first boss but the first boss was super easy anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My objective whenever I play Tropical Freeze is to stick with Diddy only.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
And I mean ESPECIALLY a tail. That's the one thing that annoys me the most about his PAON design.
Don't get your hopes up. If anything, they'll just recycle their recent trophy designs. Which is kinda disappointing, but I'd rather have Paon K. Rool than no K. Rool. He didn't have a tail in the cartoon either, so at least it's somewhat consistent. The gold "belly" is actually armor, so my headcanon is that he got sick of wearing it after the events of Donkey Kong 64.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Don't get your hopes up. If anything, they'll just recycle their recent trophy designs. Which is kinda disappointing, but I'd rather have Paon K. Rool than no K. Rool. He didn't have a tail in the cartoon either, so at least it's somewhat consistent. The gold "belly" is actually armor, so my headcanon is that he got sick of wearing it after the events of Donkey Kong 64.
Of course, Mewtwo's dlc design is slightly different compared to his trophy one.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Donkey Kong Country 3 is my personal favorite. It gets a lot of flack because it was released so late into the lifespan of the SNES, and because people generally hate playing as "infantile" characters. However, it has always been my favorite game in the trilogy. The level design is unmatched in terms of variety, the music is ambient and atmospheric, and the overworld still feels large and expansive for a 2D platformer. Comparatively speaking, the overworlds in Retro's games are soulless. Now, the word "soul" is essentially meaningless jargon, but anybody who has played Donkey Kong Country 3 knows what I'm talking about. While it may not be everybody's cup of tea, you actually felt like you were making progess and going on a real adventure.

^This, especially on the world with the chairlifts.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
^This, especially on the world with the chairlifts.
I used to like 3 more than 2, but now I'm towards the back-end of 2 I see why it's considered the best game. All 3 games are amazing but 2's atmosphere is just too epic for the other 2 to compete with.

3 has the explorable overworld but the irony is that 2 actually has more macro strategy due to the demanding save system. The difficulty of the game forces first timers to have to find places that are easy to farm lives within the world they're in, or they have to plan when to fly back to an earlier world. If you're low on lives and up to a boss, that's a good time to fly out and farm up. Not because of the boss itself, but you'll need lives to make it all the way to Wrinkly in the next world.

This makes it feel much more like an adventure, and gives it more strat than 3

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I have all three Donkey Kong Country's on SNES but am tempted to purchase them on Wii U just to support the game and give it sales. LOL. Would be nice to play on wii u as well.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I have all three Donkey Kong Country's on SNES but am tempted to purchase them on Wii U just to support the game and give it sales. LOL. Would be nice to play on wii u as well.
I already own the first 2 original DKC games for my SNES but decided to buy them for the Wii U on the VC anyway also because of that and to give me a better chance at actually beating them(restore points are your friend) lol.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I already own the first 2 original DKC games for my SNES but decided to buy them for the Wii U on the VC anyway also because of that and to give me a better chance at actually beating them(restore points are your friend) lol.
That actually makes me want to get dkc 2 on vc for sure then. For some reason I could never beat 2 and got to the final boss of 3 and just quit.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That actually makes me want to get dkc 2 on vc for sure then. For some reason I could never beat 2 and got to the final boss of 3 and just quit.
I was only able to beat DKC1 with the help of a friend but we both gave up on the ship level where you have to avoid the piranha in the water rising in DKC2.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was only able to beat DKC1 with the help of a friend but we both gave up on the ship level where you have to avoid the piranha in the water rising in DKC2.
I just beat Slime Climb again only yesterday. Its the level right before Bramble Blast.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've never beaten the games outside of emulators (God bless save-states). I'm such a terrible player.

:231:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've never beaten the games outside of emulators (God bless save-states). I'm such a terrible player.

Lol. I played them all on emulator... but I didn't use save states to beat them. (EDIT: I did beat the games originally on consoles as well long before I played them on emulator. I don't know if I beat them 101-103% prior, though.)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

The emulator plays so much more stiff, it's terrible actually. Which is why I stick mostly to RPGs when I emulate SNES games. Seriously, play the games with a propper controler. Or on a GBA or something if worst comes to worst.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Ironic, I mentioned about the idea of making the kremlings as evil klowns, especially the part of making K. Rool an inspiration of the Joker just 4 or 5 days ago and then I recently find this fanart on DA.
batkong_by_gruntchovski-d7sip8f.jpg

Just add red to his lips and it's solid.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now, out of the blue, people are claiming that the original Arcade game needs it's character as a representation. Jumpman, Pauline, Stanley the Bugman... all these terrible suggestions... It is kind of infuriating actually to me.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Now, out of the blue, people are claiming that the original Arcade game needs it's character as a representation. Jumpman, Pauline, Stanley the Bugman... all these terrible suggestions... It is kind of infuriating actually to me.
Jumpman shouldn't even be on there since he's just Mario with his old school character design. Pauline? she's not even as important as Daisy nevermind Peach or Rosalina. Stanley the Bugman? no just no. Donkey Kong himself is enough to represent the arcade version, heck even if you don't like the DKC games, it's obvious he's the main star in them despite being the bad guy.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
While it isn't very much, I've decided to have some fun with Miiverse with the N.A. release of the original DKC trilogy. I own doubles of each cartridge version on the S.N.E.S, but I figured I'd support the releases by purchasing them digitally on the Wii U as well. Ha ha. I've (re) beaten DKC 1 & 2 at the moment, going on 3 in the near-future. . . Anyway, even small contributions such as these are better than no contributions at all, right? Hope everyone else is enjoying the original trilogy again (or maybe for the first time?), and here's to more recognition of the Donkey Kong franchise as a whole!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I'll just drop this here. He's also done "Those who bear their names" among other things as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Considering who started it, out of the Blue indeed, heh.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I suggested Pauline as an alternate character. How is that offensive?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I say give K. Rool and the Kremlings their own DKC to shine, then take all three groups of baddies and combine them into a League of Villains type alliance in a new 3D DK.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I say give K. Rool and the Kremlings their own DKC to shine, then take all three groups of baddies and combine them into a League of Villains type alliance in a new 3D DK.
Yes, I would like to see the Kremlings and K. Rool return as the solo antagonists first.
I agree, I want to see K. Rool and the Kremlings return solo first too. I just love how the Snomads seemed to have DKC2esque music for their theme in TF, it just made me think of the idea of pirate kremlings battling the bunch of viking walruses over who gets to destroy the kongs.
k.rool vs fredrik.png

You know...

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Using savestates kills a lot of the adventure in 2 because it removes the need for planning strategic farming and purchases.

The emulator plays so much more stiff, it's terrible actually. Which is why I stick mostly to RPGs when I emulate SNES games. Seriously, play the games with a propper controler. Or on a GBA or something if worst comes to worst.
You can use a SNES controller on emulators if you get a controller port

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah but the game still feels a lot slower on a emulator, I dunno... It just doesn't feel right for me.

Top Bottom