• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Looks like K. Rool's got competition from some muhrelevant Nintendo All-Star being promoted along with the rerelease of season one of the DKC cartoon. . .

He's mildly heroic in one or two episodes, so I guess that makes him 100% more important than the main villain, too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looks like K. Rool's got competition from some muhrelevant Nintendo All-Star being promoted along with the rerelease of season one of the DKC cartoon. . .

He's mildly heroic in one or two episodes, so I guess that makes him 100% more important than the main villain, too.
Bluster? I'd have supported him if he was in the games. He seriously needs a cameo. :laugh:

:231:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Captura.PNG

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm just curious about something, for those of you who own or have played DK64, what did you think about being given the option in mystery mode to play as Krusha in multiplayer mode?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I'm just curious about something, for those of you who own or have played DK64, what did you think about being given the option in mystery mode to play as Krusha in multiplayer mode?
Wait what ? I played countless hours of DK64 when I was younger, and I never heard of Krusha being playable in multiplayer mode? Okay, I almost never played it, so that might explain that...

A crazy idea I thought about, what if K. Rool was fully playable in the next main Donkey Kong game? (assuming he returns in the first place...) Like, he's the final boss as usual, you beat him, then you unlock a special mode that lets you play as him with some tweaks given to each level - Kremlings replaced by other enemies, altered level design, overall higher difficulty - and when you come back to regular game mode where you play as the Kongs you can rebattle him with more battles phases and higher difficulty for each world you beaten in his mode. A game that lets you play as the main villain while still characterizing him as the protagonists' archenemy would be cool, eh? Btw, it would probably define K. Rool's physics as a fighter in smash (most notably walking/running/falling/air speed and jump height).

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Wait what ? I played countless hours of DK64 when I was younger, and I never heard of Krusha being playable in multiplayer mode? Okay, I almost never played it, so that might explain that...

A crazy idea I thought about, what if K. Rool was fully playable in the next main Donkey Kong game? (assuming he returns in the first place...) Like, he's the final boss as usual, you beat him, then you unlock a special mode that lets you play as him with some tweaks given to each level - Kremlings replaced by other enemies, altered level design, overall higher difficulty - and when you come back to regular game mode where you play as the Kongs you can rebattle him with more battles phases and higher difficulty for each world you beaten in his mode. A game that lets you play as the main villain while still characterizing him as the protagonists' archenemy would be cool, eh? Btw, it would probably define K. Rool's physics as a fighter in smash (most notably walking/running/falling/air speed and jump height).
You can unlock him in multiplayer mode once you find 15 fairies with the camera in the main story of the game.
180px-KrushaScreen.png

Kinda like Bowser's Inside Story except K. Rool not actually helping the Kongs eh? I'd be all for that.

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Ah DK64... Diddy's mechanical fish, Beaver Bother, the spider/rabbit races. So many fun environments and good times.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Ah DK64... Diddy's mechanical fish, Beaver Bother, the spider/rabbit races. So many fun environments and good times.
Definitely. It was a fun game. The beetle races were so damn annoying at times especially Lanky's race.

I still despise that beetle.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
So if Retro uses K. Rool in the next DKCR game, how do you think they will do it?

Will they use his King persona, or will they make a new one?

What if they made the boss for each area K. Rool except each time he's a different persona? With there being new ones and some old ones as well. It would be cool in my opinion. Especially if each level had a different theme thus giving K. Rool a different persona each time. Ultimately leading to the final battle with K. Rool as King K. Rool. It would especially be funny if he referred his other personas as separate minions too.

Possible Themes:
Circus: Krazy K. Rool (As suggested by Bowser K. Rool)
Pirate: Kaptain K. Rool returns
Military: K. Rool Baron (Pilot K. Rool) with a battle on a giant triplane
Medieval: Baron K. Roolenstien returns
Futuristic: Meka K. Rool, this would be K. Rool in a large mech suit that resembles himself.
???: King K. Rool's revenge

Six levels, each with a unique set of Kremling minions. This could be a very interesting way to do it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just a question.

If we ended up getting just Dixie Kong as a newcomer (But a fully unique, functional and fitting moveset) but no K.Rool, how would you guys feel?

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Here's an interesting theory from somebody on NeoGAF. Granted, many of us have proposed similar theories.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just a question.

If we ended up getting just Dixie Kong as a newcomer (But a fully unique, functional and fitting moveset) but no K.Rool, how would you guys feel?
As DLC? Not really surprised, and she's one of the better choices to go with (although the snobbiness of the corners of SWF that whine incessantly about how unimportant/unlikely K. Rool is would be obnoxious). For SSB5? Irritated, because by then, there's no excuse not to have both, MK/Dedede-style.

Here's an interesting theory from somebody on NeoGAF. Granted, many of us have proposed similar theories.

Seems reasonable enough, although the other plausible explanation is just that Namco didn't want to bother with animating K. Rool's cape, so they modified his garb.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Did anyone use Diddy in TF? I mean on terrestrial levels, because he was the best underwater. I hope that in the next game they change the abilities so that Diddy isn't completely obsolete for the entire game bar two levels.
I used him in the golden temple levels, and I am bias.

Heh, if Diddy were so great too then he wouldn't have been kidnapped as many times as DK by K. Rool.
Well, that isn't something a DK fan should be proud of either, lol. It's embarrassing. Besides, Diddy and his gal Dixie invaded the kremling's homeland, nuff said. I think it is time for Donkey Kong to retire and give Diddy the ''Donkey'' title.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just a question.

Quite happy, overall, I suppose. I like both K. Rool and Dixie equally.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
What's their to say besides the more the merrier? I did love the fact that we were at least givien one villain to use. and I also personally admire Krusha's design. I did however find him a little too op in comparison with the kongs due to his orange launcher. Usually if me and my friends played the game and had the cheat on Krusha would be used by everyone, watering down the variety in characters. Nonetheless I liked the addition anyways. Just give me the options. :)

So if Retro uses K. Rool in the next DKCR game, how do you think they will do it?

What if they made the boss for each area K. Rool except each time he's a different persona? With there being new ones and some old ones as well. It would be cool in my opinion. Especially if each level had a different theme thus giving K. Rool a different persona each time. Ultimately leading to the final battle with K. Rool as King K. Rool. It would especially be funny if he referred his other personas as separate minions too.

Possible Themes:
Futuristic: Meka K. Rool, this would be K. Rool in a large mech suit that resembles himself.

Six levels, each with a unique set of Kremling minions. This could be a very interesting way to do it.
As much as I'd like to believe that happening, considering it sounds good on papaer and all; I think it's a bit too soon to shove down the big guns like that. Especially since K. Rool has been absent for a while. They'd probably like to refresh the memories of old Dk fans of whom K. rool is and his capabilities. I can picture K. Rool in his original DKC 1 design as of now. K. Rool with a brand new costume is possible too, but less than the former. Anything is possible altogether though, including the exclusion of K. Rool.

Wish this was the actual roster for this game.
Some of those characters ruins this for me. But for the most part I can agreee. :p I see some new characters from ssb4 are missing as well. Can't fully agree with that either.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Possible Themes:

Considering this would be K. Rool's appearance after a quite a long time, it would better to give him his King persona before experimenting further. It would be better to go with the King, Pirate and Mad Scientist we've already seen so that they can settle in the minds of the new gamers before experimenting with new ideas.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Weird how a 3D limbless Pac-Man reminds me of the Canadian characters in South Park.
I think it is because the eyes are extremely close together; Pacman's eyes are on the sides of his head, like a hammerhead shark.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Possible Themes:

I'd go with the best of both worlds, having him show up in his default King attire in cutscenes, then put on some thematic costume for a final battle.

As much as I like the idea of him having multiple fights throughout the game, I don't think I'd want to sacrifice other animals as boss fights after Tropical Freeze did them so well (Skowl and Bashmaster in particular).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If there was a K. Rool single-player mode...

Yeah, honestly, I love DK and all, but if that was a thing, I'd need never play any other mode ever again.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I used him in the golden temple levels, and I am bias.

Well, that isn't something a DK fan should be proud of either, lol. It's embarrassing. Besides, Diddy and his gal Dixie invaded the kremling's homeland, nuff said. I think it is time for Donkey Kong to retire and give Diddy the ''Donkey'' title.
Neither should a Diddy fan. They did'nt invade their homeland, they arrived on there so they could rescue DK. Please, if you're going to go by that then Diddy should just retire as well. I think Dixie Kong is the one who should be given the title since she's the the one who never got kidnapped.

I find this ironic really being how Mario's been kidnapped at least 2 or 3 times yet many still see him as Super Mario. Luigi has'nt had any of those situations.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I'd go with the best of both worlds, having him show up in his default King attire in cutscenes, then put on some thematic costume for a final battle.

As much as I like the idea of him having multiple fights throughout the game, I don't think I'd want to sacrifice other animals as boss fights after Tropical Freeze did them so well (Skowl and Bashmaster in particular).
I like that idea. A different costume for each phase I assume?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

Or maybe you can fight him twice as a boss, once in the first or second world then in the last one. the rest of the world bosses can be his really tough henchman or other random animal bosses.

Gotta say I'd like to see Armydillo from DK64 return as a boss as it seems he might have a bit of a rivalry of his own with DK since you fought him in the game twice as him.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see him in his standard King costume. It would be hilarious if he was behind the Tiki and Snowmad invasion as well.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Question: Should I borrow a friend's copy of TF tomorrow? I see him weekly and he's alright with it
I played to the end of tropical freeze and really just wasn't feeling it. As someone who's first game was DKC 1/2 As a two year old, 18 now, I just didn't like it. Personally. Nothing can match the Kremlings in my head. BUT you may like it, there DEFINATELY were some nicely designed levels.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Just a question.

I would honestly be indifferent. DK's a series that, while I do care for since I've played DKCR, has little meaning to me in Smash. Before that makes you think I don't care for KKR, he's a character that I would legitimately play, having many possibilities for a moveset, plus KKR looks awesome by himself. There are just other series that I care much, much more for Smash-wise.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This doesn't expand my dong, but it did improve my expansion pak to achieve feature length feats. :4dk:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd imagine he'll return in his classic kingly attire, should he appear in the next game.

No better way to celebrate his triumphant return, y'know? :3

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What if his King form were redesigned to have flashier accessories? Like, a long, dragging cape with furry edges or a decorated crown like. . .

. . .that one?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If Diddy is anything to go by, I think both K. Rool and Dixie would just have a fresh take on their classic looks.

If anything, I just want K. Rool to have a tail and golden belly and for Dixie to have the leggings.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If Diddy is anything to go by, I think both K. Rool and Dixie would just have a fresh take on their classic looks.

If anything, I just want K. Rool to have a tail and golden belly and for Dixie to have the leggings.
And I mean ESPECIALLY a tail. That's the one thing that annoys me the most about his PAON design.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Semi-spoiler alert

I finished TF recently, and I loved the game but the ending felt underwhelming. The intro cutscene to the boss was kind of random and quick, and the ending was really rushed too.

Bashmaster and Fredrik were fun but were easier than the other bosses aside from the first one. I'm pretty sure you can skip the the last two phases of the Fredrik fight if you don't miss a hit.

Top Bottom