• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Steelia

Smash Champion
People talking about all these villains, and I'm just poppin in here to gloat about defeating K. Rool in DKC on the Wii U. Such HD pixels~
By the way, did anyone else notice they slightly modified Squawks? Whenever he would turn on the SNES version, his light would cause the screen to turn white for a frame. They removed that on the Wii U VC port.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am so excited to finally play through all the Donkey Kong Country games. I have only ever played levels at a time, and still it is nostalgic. I do not know what spurred the games to finally be made available on the Wii U, but golly gee was it a good idea.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
People talking about all these villains, and I'm just poppin in here to gloat about defeating K. Rool in DKC on the Wii U. Such HD pixels~
By the way, did anyone else notice they slightly modified Squawks? Whenever he would turn on the SNES version, his light would cause the screen to turn white for a frame. They removed that on the Wii U VC port.
Probably was done to prevent epilepsy.

:231:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Thanks God. That gave me a headache when I played it with an emulator (I thought that DKC trilogy would never come to the USA so I used emulators to play 1-3. I did buy 2 though because it was my favorite thus motivating me to 100% it).

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
This may sound weird and slightly off topic but I'm watching the 80's horror comedy flick "Killer Klowns From Outer Space"(yes that's how clowns is spelled on there) and I just thought of something crazy but possibly brilliant, who'd like to see a kremling klown posse try to take out the kongs back at Kremland with their leader Krazy K. Rool? Heck give K. Rool a creepy colorful hair doo along with that white make up and a laugh that would make the Joker himself proud and it'd be great!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
This may sound weird and slightly off topic but I'm watching the 80's horror comedy flick "Killer Klowns From Outer Space"(yes that's how clowns is spelled on there) and I just thought of something crazy but possibly brilliant, who'd like to see a kremling klown posse try to take out the kongs back at Kremland with their leader Krazy K. Rool? Heck give K. Rool a creepy colorful hair doo along with that white make up and a laugh that would make the Joker himself proud and it'd be great!
Go the whole way and have Mark Hamill voice K Rool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Big fan of the movie. I like the idea of Kremling Klowns working as enemies at a Kremland 2.0 world, shooting popcorn and cotton candy at the Kongs. Call them "Karnies," perhaps. Would be a hilarious new enemy to add to the Kremling ranks.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Big fan of the movie. I like the idea of Kremling Klowns working as enemies at a Kremland 2.0 world, shooting popcorn and cotton candy at the Kongs. Call them "Karnies," perhaps. Would be a hilarious new enemy to add to the Kremling ranks.
"Karnies" ooh I like the sound of that. xD

Heck, I'm going to make some kremling klowns..err I mean Karnies and post them as soon as I can, Krazy K. Rool will look badass as well!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Not going to lie, after seeing this image, I think the idea would be drop dead hilarious, considering you have muscular, violent crocodiles...as clowns.

:cheep:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
did anybody notice that we didn't get any newcomer from the 1990s in SSB4?
we got:
1970s::4duckhunt:the duck only
1980s::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4pacman::4littlemac::4palutena::4megaman:
1990s: NOTHING
2000s: :4villager::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4bowserjr::rosalina::4wiifit:
2010s: :4robinm::4shulk::4alph::4darkpit::4lucina::4greninja:

does anybody think the next newcomer is very likley to be a chraracter from the 1990s from DK seires? king k. rool or dixie kong, because it will make alot of sense to get a 3rd rep also a new character from the SNES

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
we got:
1980s::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4pacman::4littlemac::4palutena::4megaman:
2000s: :4villager::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4bowserjr::rosalina:
2010s: :4robinm::4shulk::4alph::4darkpit::4lucina::4wiifit::4greninja:

does anybody think the next newcomer is very likley to be a chraracter from the 1990s from DK seires? king k. rool or dixie kong, because it will make alot of sense to get a 3rd rep also a new character from the SNES
I'm pretty certain that a large number of us who grew up in the 90s felt this sting. Harshly. In fact I think it is why the 'nostalgia factor' seems to rely fully on the third party characters, because even Little Mac and Palutena are equally known/ more known for their '09 and '12 releases.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
we got:

and the only charcters we got from the 80's were costumes that had revivals after brawl, 2 3rd party charcters and two charcters that had a revival after brawl, if they hadn't got revivals they wouldn't be in. Wii Fit Trainer should be in 2000's as well

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
so someone did start playing donkey kong contry on the wii u and the first thing that came out of his mind is this glich
They didn't bother to take out the Rambi glitch? It's so wrong, though. lol

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
we got:

It's interesting I guess but I can't imagine it actually means anything.

Especially since having a recent impact - regardless of when they were created - was in all likelihood not an insignificant part of why pretty much all the newcomers other than the 3rd parties and DHD were included.

Oh and WFT would be in the 00s.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I am prepared to take full responsibility if you can't see DKC the same way again, by the way. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This music reminds me of DKC.

Also, the lack of 1990 newcomers is what makes me hate the roster most. I swear, just about everything felt right with Brawl's newcomers (outside of me disliking Sonic, missing Mewtwo, and would've probably want Isaac over Olimar) and these newcomers are all just so... Ughh, tasteless in comparison. Too much focus on gimmicky movesets, which is why I don't enjoy many newcomer characters outside of :4robinm: and maybe :4greninja: and :4bowserjr:.( I respect the addtion of :4megaman: though, but I don't like his playstyle. :4palutena::4littlemac:are newcomers I expected to be in but I never cared too much for them)

Anyway, to avoid complaining about the roster too much, Mewtwo really does make a lot of things right for me however. I am actually really excited to play as him again after his cut in Melee. So am looking forward to his release, but more characters and especially King K.Rool would just really seal the deal for me. Might be willing to buy both systems and games if they'd add K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Impa and Isaac, cause this game really had one big disadvantage for me.. And that's that no newcomer interessts me in the slightests.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'll be honest. I found him more funny than scary.

Seeing how man newcomers there are from the 2000s depresses me immensely.
Oh, you just don't understand how important those new characters are because you didn't grow up with them. I'm okay with them, so why aren't you?

Tim Curry Pennywise was far and away the best part of that movie, and I hope whoever plays It in the upcoming remake doesn't disappoint too much in comparison.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
You know, given the fact that the Donkey Kong franchise had experienced a great resurgence in popularity with Returns, it would've been easy to think that the Donkey Kong series would get a newcomer.
Because of this, I was shocked that the series didn't even receive a new Assist Trophy in Smash 4. The lack of a DK newcomer keeps me from saying that Smash 4 is the perfect Smash game.

Along with Rayman, King K. Rool is my most wanted character for DLC. The DK series deserves something special and if it would be anything, I would want King K. Rool to be a fighter.
I would love to be counted as a supporter. Here's to hoping that Rayman and King K. Rool will battle it out.

Last edited:

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
You know, given the fact that the Donkey Kong franchise had experienced a great resurgence in popularity with Returns, it would've been easy to think that the Donkey Kong series would get a newcomer.
Because of this, I was shocked that the series didn't even receive a new Assist Trophy in Smash 4. The lack of a DK newcomer keeps me from saying that Smash 4 is the perfect Smash game.

Along with Rayman, King K. Rool is my most wanted character for DLC. The DK series deserves something special and if it would be anything, I would want King K. Rool to be a fighter.
I would love to be counted as a supporter. Here's to hoping that Rayman and King K. Rool will battle it out.
Great to see a familiar face from the Rayman thread join! Anyways:

Welcome aboard, new kutthroat!

YAY I GOT TO DO THE ONE OF US JOKE! :bluejump:

Last edited:

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
What is everyone's favorite dkc game? (for the purposes of this, lets not include Returns or Tropical Freeze, I love TF, but im just talking about the original 3)
Mine would have to be 2. Diddy and Dixie are both better than donkey and kiddy imo, I loved the world themes so much, I liked the enemies, I thought the gameplay was the sharpest here, I like the animal buddies here (squitter was a great addition), I think the bosses are far better than they were in 1, and most of all I love the soundtrack.
What about you guys?

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
What is everyone's favorite dkc game? (for the purposes of this, lets not include Returns or Tropical Freeze, I love TF, but im just talking about the original 3)
Mine would have to be 2. Diddy and Dixie are both better than donkey and kiddy imo, I loved the world themes so much, I liked the enemies, I thought the gameplay was the sharpest here, I like the animal buddies here (squitter was a great addition), I think the bosses are far better than they were in 1, and most of all I love the soundtrack.
What about you guys?
Two is definitely the best. It had the most intense K. Rool fight of all three.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Woah, I miss a week and VC DKC drops! Well, I guess we can call this a victory then.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
2 by far. There is no contest. Diddy and Dixie will always be the better duo in the series. You might as well call it Diddy Kong Country.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
1 is my favourite because I prefer the natural environments and I feel the platforming is more fluid than in 2. Can't decide whether I like 3 or 2 more, but I'm leaning more towards 3 which is weird because Diddy and Dixie are my favourite Kongs.

2 is the best game objectively though because it's the hardest, has the best Kong duo from a gameplay perspective, and has the most epic atmosphere. I could see 2 possibly becoming my favourite if I ever get to the point where I can blitz through it without having to constantly stop and break my momentum.

Last edited:

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
Maybe someone can relate the current "Dress" fad to K. Rool? Is K. Rool green and gold, or green and black?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So far one is my favorite becaue I can actually stomp on tough enemies like Klump and Krusha using Donkey Kong, as well as slam enemies down with his hands. Also you don't have to pay coins after the first save at Candy's game save point. And I still like K. Rool's epic battle at the end(it took me a bit to figure out the cannonball drop pattern as well as dodging it in time).

DKC2 is good too so far, I like the music in it as much as I did with the music in the first game and Dixie's air floating ability really helps and she and Donkey Kong seem to have the better aim when tossing barrels, also like the unique bosses as well.

Have'nt played DKC3 yet as I'm still working on the second game so I got nothing there for the moment.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I just wish DKC3 had an OST that was on the level of the first two. Even the GBA version composed by David Wise was lacking due to the limitations of the device (though they did vastly improve Stilt Village). It's my favorite gameplay wise but its music just doesn't get me going like the others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom