• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't really buy "unique characters are needed to make the roster interesting" argument. Nobody calls Brawl's newcomer roster "boring" despite its focus on actual requests in comparison to SSB4. And guys like Mega Man and Little Mac have very distinct playstyles in-game despite not having over-the-top gimmicks.

I also don't understand the rationale behind "popular characters were relegated to DLC because shock characters wouldn't sell well." First of all, if a character doesn't sell itself conceptually, is it really that good of a choice anyway? And if not, why stay shackled to that, instead of putting in the more major requests in the default game and the "honorable mentions" as DLC? Like, Jr. in the game and Waluigi as DLC? Or Robin and Chrom?

This is getting to the point of beating dead horses, to the point where members like @ BowserK.Rool BowserK.Rool are feeling alienated, so that's all I'll say on the matter. It's just become habitual at this point for me to shoot down faulty or false roster claims when they show up in this thread.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't really buy "unique characters are needed to make the roster interesting" argument. Nobody calls Brawl's newcomer roster "boring" despite its focus on actual requests in comparison to SSB4. And guys like Mega Man and Little Mac have very distinct playstyles in-game despite not having over-the-top gimmicks.

I also don't understand the rationale behind "popular characters were relegated to DLC because shock characters wouldn't sell well." First of all, if a character doesn't sell itself conceptually, is it really that good of a choice anyway? And if not, why stay shackled to that, instead of putting in the more major requests in the default game and the "honorable mentions" as DLC? Like, Jr. in the game and Waluigi as DLC? Or Robin and Chrom?

This is getting to the point of beating dead horses, to the point where members like @ BowserK.Rool BowserK.Rool are feeling alienated, so that's all I'll say on the matter. It's just become habitual at this point for me to shoot down faulty or false roster claims when they show up in this thread.
Aren't most conversations in this entire website completely akin to 'beating a dead horse?' Opinions almost never seem to change.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
People keep claiming that "popularity got us Mega Man."

We have no reason to believe this; all we know is that he was very popular, and also got into Smash.

In fact, there is evidence that Sakurai just wanted him in Smash. The Creator of Mega Man made a public statement after Brawl, that he would have liked Mega Man in the game. Sakurai made videos (Pac Mans reveal) and public statements (the infamous roundtable) as to how sensational it is that the four big icons are in this game. Sakurai also stated he wanted this game to be the best character game ever.

If you ask me, Sakurai chose to put MegaMan in, regardless of his popularity.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
lets think of a new topic, uuuuh, How evil do you guys think k rool is compared to other nintendo villains, i don't think he is the most evil (i think that that title belongs to porky)
K. Rool is pretty twisted. He kidnapped and tortured DK. You even catch him in the act of doing it when you get to his boss fight. He's just standing there, beating DK with the stock of his blunderbuss and shooting at him at point blank range. That's pretty sick if you ask me.

I'd definitely say he is more evil than Bowser, although Bowser goes to some extremes such as in SMG he never tortures those he kidnapped. Bowser's plans are for conquest. K. Rool's plans are from pure hatred of the Kongs.

He's less evil than Ganondorf though. Ganondorf uses people and sometimes directly controls them. He back stabs his own allies and turns people into monsters.

Ridley is probably more evil than K. Rool. Ridley kills because he thinks it's fun. K. Rool is just insane and wants to get DK and his friends.

K. Rool is definitely more evil than Dedede. King Dedede is not even a villain anymore in his most recent appearances. Perhaps this makes him smart though. Chronologically speaking, the trend started after Revenge of the King in KSSU in which in the end Dedede has a nice, long, depressing walk. Perhaps he during that walk he decided to rethink his life and instead of being rivals with Kirby; he decided to be his friend.

K. Rool is more evil than Wolf though. Wolf is just doing things for money and has a rivalry with the Star Fox team. K. Rool isn't rivals with DK, he completely despises DK and would do anything to make him miserable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is that really a new topic? :p

Anyway I'll chime in.
No redeeming qualities: Ganondorf, Ridley, Porky
Evil but not as ruthless: K. Rool, Wario
Evil with morals: Bowser (though, his portrayal varies quite a bit between games.), Wolf
Laughably evil: Dedede

:231:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My Sliding Scale Of Nintendo Villain Evil:

Ridley>K.Rool>Porky>Ganondorf>Wolf>Bowser>King Dedede

Some reasoning:

K. Rool and Ridley have been shown to have an equal level of villainy, but Ridley is more extreme than K. Rool in that regard.

Porky's right behind because he's a pure unadulterated jackass(but gets a pretty bad fate despite not dying).

Ganondorf is the King Of Evil but at least he had some nobility in some incarnations(see: Wind Waker).

Wolf is just doing it for money and rivalry, no serious stuff like K. Rool/Rids.

Bowser, despite having attempted such plans as ruling the universe, is low on my list because(and I might piss off a few with the reasoning so YMMV*) Shigeru Miyamoto considers the Mario cast a troupe of actors who switch roles each game, so it's just his job. If you want to disregard the previous statement, Bowser has saved Mario's life, teamed up with him and considers both Mario and Luigi worthy rivals.

King Dedede is more of a jerk than anything, given that he's willingly helped Kirby a lot of times.

*your mileage may vary

And then there's the whole Bad-Anon thing in Wreck-It-Ralph in which Bowser is in attendance. And the entire thing is about bad guys being bad guys in name, not bad guys in personality, as Zangief implies. So if you want to take that into account, Bowser doesn't hate Peach and Mario, and vice-versa. It's his job to be the bad guy, which is a reason why I'd rank him so low.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Is that really a new topic? :p

Anyway I'll chime in.
No redeeming qualities: Ganondorf, Ridley, Porky
Evil but not as ruthless: K. Rool, Wario
Evil with morals: Bowser (though, his portrayal varies quite a bit between games.), Wolf
Laughably evil: Dedede

i wouldn't put wario on the same level as K rool. Wario is only evil in one game and his evil plan isn't even that bad, it doesn't hurt anyone or ruin lives, its just stealing a castle, thats just barely evil and as for the rest of the games, in the mario spin offs he just isn't a nice sportsman or person, in wario land he does save people but for his own gain and in warioware he is just a greedy business tycoon.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Thing I don't like about K. Rool is that I don't know what his motives are. DKC3 is the only game where he has a clear motive for capturing the Kongs, as bizarre as it may be.

Also, I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm about midway through everyone one of the Country games including the new ones, except 1 which I've finished. I don't know what order I should play them in. Help

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thing I don't like about K. Rool is that I don't know what his motives are. DKC3 is the only game where he has a clear motive for capturing the Kongs, as bizarre as it may be.

Also, I have a bit of a dilemma. I'm about midway through everyone one of the Country games including the new ones, except 1 which I've finished. I don't know what order I should play them in. Help
The Rare devs said he wanted to starve the kongs to be king of the jungle, and do it in order, so 2

MasaeAnela is who got me into DK, she did a blind DKCR LP with all KONG letters

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think there are different types of villains to be considered in this respect. In brief, how I would interpret them:

The Madman

This villain is in it, to borrow a colloquial expression, for the lulz. They'll murder, cheat, steal and torture and won't think twice about stabbing somebody in the eye socket because it seems funny at the time. Utterly devoid of morals and crazy to a terrifying degree, they laugh at the hero's misfortune and treat everything like one big joke that only they seem to get. They love what they do and do it because they find wanton murder and chaos to be their idea of a good time. They exist to cause trouble and they live to make things that little bit bloodier and more amusing for themselves. In spite of their heinous deeds, they're eminently charismatic and you can't help but break into a smile and laugh along with them, even as they set fire to orphanages and drown puppies for the hell of it. Bad to the bone they may be, but they've got style, and they're just so much fun to watch.

See: Hades, Metal Face

The Dark Lord

The epitome of the term "big bad", this villain is cold, ruthless, rational and utterly awe-inspiring. They inspire fear and respect in all that behold them, and none dare stand before their overwhelming might: those that do are trampled underfoot and ground to dust beneath their heel, and woe betide anybody who thinks they can challenge their godly fury and magnificent power. They usually have a desire to rule their respective world and will stop at nothing to achieve their goals - such petty concepts as good and evil have no place in their worldview, a perspective borne of blood and tempered with flames of the darkest black. Their will is unbendable, their dedication unfaltering; this villain is the true lord of darkness, a foe worthy of standing proud as the greatest threat to the hero and manifesting the concept of a final boss.

See: Ganondorf, Nergal

The Tragedian

A villain of circumstance rather than choice, this villain has no desire to be the bad guy, but fate has other plans for them. Thrust into a role not of their own volition, but of the cruel whims of destiny, they must carry out their part in a deadly narrative and meet their untimely end at the hand of the hero. And for what purpose? Nobody can say for sure; this villain is just a pawn of their own unfortunate setting, a tragic entity forced to do evil things for reasons that they did not choose nor want to carry out in the first instance. They may be drawn into a terrible situation against their will and have to do evil things to make the world right again, or they may be so corrupted by hatred and malice that the darkness is all they know. Either way, this is a villain that, in another world, could have been a hero or a friend - a villain that you will no doubt feel just a little bit sorry for killing, and whose soul-stirring tears and scorned tale will make you wonder if there could have been any other way.

See: Count Bleck, Mewtwo

The Psycho

What's so different between this villain and The Madman? Well, for starters, this villain isn't funny - and if they are, it's not in the ironic, self-conscious way that The Madman is. This villain is vindictive, merciless, malicious and cruel - and that's just their job description! This villain's motivation is simple: hate. They hate the hero, they hate everything they stand for, they hate them for ruining their schemes and they hate them just for being them. They will stop at nothing to destroy the hero, to tear them apart, to make their life a living hell and to watch them suffer for their own demented sense of pleasure. This villain is just as prone to theatrics and flamboyance as The Madman, of course, and sometimes you'll even find yourself laughing at their incessantly cruel nature; but really, it's more of a nervous laugh, a brief moment of shock and awe at just how singularly insane and ruthlessly devoted they can be. Whereas The Madman thinks the world would be a better place if there were more blood and guts being spilled by their own wicked hand, this villain doesn't care about causing chaos for its own sake and doesn't want others to laugh at them: they just want to kill the hero, and damn anything that gets in their way. This villain is cruel and utterly, insanely dedicated to that cruelty, and when they set their mind on something, you'd better hope it's not you they're coming after.

See: K. Rool, Ridley

The Bully

This villain is...well, not really much of a villain at all, honestly. They're more so a villain in spirit than anything else: a bit boisterous, a bit rude, they may even try to take over the world or kidnap a princess or two - but they're not really serious about it. Well, okay, maybe they're serious about it - but take one look at their bumbling antics and hilarious shenanigans and you'll forget that they're supposed to be the bad guy. Sometimes, if an even greater threat looms before them, they'll even form a temporary alliance with the hero to save the day. Of course, it's straight back to business as usual after that, but it at least demonstrates that they're not so bad after all. Don't let the clumsy demeanour and silly gags deceive you, though: this villain can be quite deadly when they want to be, and just because they keep getting beaten doesn't mean they're not capable of holding their own or that they won't be back. What they lack in common sense, they more than make up for in tenacity and determination. Win or lose, you've not seen the last of them: they'll be ready and waiting next time with some even bigger plan and even wilder scheme, and they won't stop until they've finally proved themselves as the top villain.

See: Bowser, King Dedede

The Rival

The least villainous of all the different types, this villain isn't actually a villain at all. They're antagonistic and oppose the hero, sure, but that's just because it's their job: they'll fight the hero to the depths of hell and back, but they'd just as easily come to their aid if they had to. More of an anti-hero than anything else, they oppose the hero not out of hatred or malice, but because it's convenient or because it's more fun that way. More often than not, they really do want the hero to succeed, and they see their constant clashes as a way of training them and helping them carry out their noble deeds. Even if they do really want to beat the hero, it's nothing personal: they're irrevocably intertwined, you can't have one without the other, and when push comes to shove, who knows you better than your rival?

See: Wolf O'Donnell, Blue

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
lets think of a new topic, uuuuh, How evil do you guys think k rool is compared to other nintendo villains, i don't think he is the most evil (i think that that title belongs to porky)
Oh boy, again, long text incoming!

So, I won't include every single Nintendo villain in the list, but I can get a "few" together. Let's see...
(In case you consider Dedede a villain, but I don't want to bring up this discussion again.)
Dedede < Bowser < King Boo < K. Rool < Ridley < Ganondorf < Porky < Louie

But before you start to complain, let me explain:

Dedede: He wants to get rid of Kirby and wants to reach that goal by using a lot of monsters and/or smash him with his giant hammer. But in the end he does save the world when it's needed. He isn't really evil, just a big jerk. (I don't think he will ever cahnge, or at least I wish, because I love his jerk-ish nature. Though, he wasn't bad in the most recent games... HAL, plz, watta ya doin'?)

Bowser: His only really goal is to capture Peach and/or rule over the mushroom Kingdom. Not much more in most cases. I think the most evil Bowser we had so far was in Paper Mario.

King Boo: (Specific Spoiler-Warning for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
According to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, he wants to capture Mario, Luigi and everyone of their friends in paintings, just to decorate his environment, so basicly, for his amusement. Pretty radical, in my opinion. Not to forget that he destroyed the Dark Moon to control and use the peaceful ghosts of Evershade Valley. So I think he would be either a "Madman" or a "Psycho" in @Wintropy's category list, wich I completely agree with.

K. Rool: I think everyone here knows him well enogh, so I don't have to say anything.

Ridley: He kills for fun and is high tier Space Pirate, I think his cold-blooded nature makes him a bit more evil than K. Rool, yet a bit less evil than Ganodorf.

Ganondorf: Evil demon, wants to rule over Hyrule, died servel times, yet comes back everytime and he won't hesitate when it comes to kill people.

Porky: I don't know much about Porky and what he did, but a lot of people say that he's more evil than Ganondorf. I would have to get more into it to confime it, but I can belive it.

Louie: Yes, Louie. The Louie from Pikmin. 'Why?' You ask? Well... (Massive Spoiler-Warning for Pikmin 2 & 3!)
-In Pikmin 2 Luoie was it who ate the golden Pikpik Carrots, he ate the thing that would save the company he was working. He brought his company into the ruins. And on top, he would have let Olimar pay for his mistake if the President had not sent them together.
-Then on the planet, during the game, he made a whole COOK BOOK for EVERY LIVING CREATURE on the planet. I think he also made one entry for the Pikmin and I wouldn't be surprised if he even made one secret entry for Olimar...
-At the end of the game, Louie was left behind on the planet and the endboss, Titan Dweevil, may have been in control of him. He even wants Olimar to call him his "proper title" the King of Bugs.
So, could it be, that Louie is in reality a weird selfish genius, who only wants his best and doesn't care for others?
-Well, in Pikmin 3 similar things happen. When the crew from Koppai first find a note from Olimar they want to find and help him. -Then, when they find a signal from Louie, they think he is Olimar and call him Olimar, too. But Louie doesn't say the truth and says he is Olimar and they have to save him. I bet he didn't care for Olimar at all and just wanted to get home save.
-Not to forget, later in the story, he somehow managed to blow up a giantic wall, and stole their entire food reserve. (Inclusive Charlie's best firend, his rubber ducky!)
-When they found him after that, they tied him up. Who knows what he would have done otherwise?

-So, in summary: He ruined his company, would have let his coworker go to a dangerous plenet he just cameback from, cooked every living creature on the Pikmin planet, probably controled the endboss from Pikmin 2, would have left Olimar alone without help on the planet, and would have let the crew from Koppai starve to death.

Seriously, this doesn't sound like a nice or just weird person...
It sounds more like an evil villain without the tools and power to be the almighty villain.
Every Villain does have some kind of tools. Bowser's and K. Rool's minions and machineries, Ganondorf's almighty power and evil magic, King Boo's powerful Crown and the boos, etc..

He probably would need a new category in @Wintropy's list.

But to be honest, I placed Louie as "more evil than Porky" just as a joke and to show that something's not right with him!
And yes, I really do think he is evil. At least, some kind of evil.

I'm not sure where I would place Wario and Wolf.
Wario is a selfish, money-loving jerk.
And Wolf is a unscrupulous bounty hunter, as far as I know.
I can't really say more about them.
Bowser Jr. would probably be on the same spot as Bowser.

(And again, sorry for every writing error, but you get what I want to say anyway, thank you for that! [I really need to stop to write so freakin' much every time I want to say somethig. {But I love it to write long things, so I will keep doing it. <No I won't do the same joke with the brackets, like I did last time!... |...Well, now it's too late...|>}])

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Oh boy, again, long text incoming!

So, I won't include every single Nintendo villain in the list, but I can get a "few" together. Let's see...
(In case you consider Dedede a villain, but I don't want to bring up this discussion again.)
Dedede < Bowser < King Boo < K. Rool < Ridley < Ganondorf < Porky < Louie

But before you start to complain, let me explain:

Dedede: He wants to get rid of Kirby and wants to reach that goal by using a lot of monsters and/or smash him with his giant hammer. But in the end he does save the world when it's needed. He isn't really evil, just a big jerk. (I don't think he will ever cahnge, or at least I wish, because I love his jerk-ish nature. Though, he wasn't bad in the most recent games... HAL, plz, watta ya doin'?)

Bowser: His only really goal is to capture Peach and/or rule over the mushroom Kingdom. Not much more in most cases. I think the most evil Bowser we had so far was in Paper Mario.

King Boo: (Specific Spoiler-Warning for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
According to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, he wants to capture Mario, Luigi and everyone of their friends in paintings, just to decorate his environment, so basicly, for his amusement. Pretty radical, in my opinion. Not to forget that he destroyed the Dark Moon to control and use the peaceful ghosts of Evershade Valley. So I think he would be either a "Madman" or a "Psycho" in @Wintropy's category list, wich I completely agree with.

K. Rool: I think everyone here knows him well enogh, so I don't have to say anything.

Ridley: He kills for fun and is high tier Space Pirate, I think his cold-blooded nature makes him a bit more evil than K. Rool, yet a bit less evil than Ganodorf.

Ganondorf: Evil demon, wants to rule over Hyrule, died servel times, yet comes back everytime and he won't hesitate when it comes to kill people.

Porky: I don't know much about Porky and what he did, but a lot of people say that he's more evil than Ganondorf. I would have to get more into it to confime it, but I can belive it.

Louie: Yes, Louie. The Louie from Pikmin. 'Why?' You ask? Well... (Massive Spoiler-Warning for Pikmin 2 & 3!)
-In Pikmin 2 Luoie was it who ate the golden Pikpik Carrots, he ate the thing that would save the company he was working. He brought his company into the ruins. And on top, he would have let Olimar pay for his mistake if the President had not sent them together.
-Then on the planet, during the game, he made a whole COOK BOOK for EVERY LIVING CREATURE on the planet. I think he also made one entry for the Pikmin and I wouldn't be surprised if he even made one secret entry for Olimar...
-At the end of the game, Louie was left behind on the planet and the endboss, Titan Dweevil, may have been in control of him. He even wants Olimar to call him his "proper title" the King of Bugs.
So, could it be, that Louie is in reality a weird selfish genius, who only wants his best and doesn't care for others?
-Well, in Pikmin 3 similar things happen. When the crew from Koppai first find a note from Olimar they want to find and help him. -Then, when they find a signal from Louie, they think he is Olimar and call him Olimar, too. But Louie doesn't say the truth and says he is Olimar and they have to save him. I bet he didn't care for Olimar at all and just wanted to get home save.
-Not to forget, later in the story, he somehow managed to blow up a giantic wall, and stole their entire food reserve. (Inclusive Charlie's best firend, his rubber ducky!)
-When they found him after that, they tied him up. Who knows what he would have done otherwise?

-So, in summary: He ruined his company, would have let his coworker go to a dangerous plenet he just cameback from, cooked every living creature on the Pikmin planet, probably controled the endboss from Pikmin 2, would have left Olimar alone without help on the planet, and would have let the crew from Koppai starve to death.

Seriously, this doesn't sound like a nice or just weird person...
It sounds more like an evil villain without the tools and power to be the almighty villain.
Every Villain does have some kind of tools. Bowser's and K. Rool's minions and machineries, Ganondorf's almighty power and evil magic, King Boo's powerful Crown and the boos, etc..

He probably would need a new category in @Wintropy's list.

But to be honest, I placed Louie as "more evil than Porky" just as a joke and to show that something's not right with him!
And yes, I really do think he is evil. At least, some kind of evil.

I'm not sure where I would place Wario and Wolf.
Wario is a selfish, money-loving jerk.
And Wolf is a unscrupulous bounty hunter, as far as I know.
I can't really say more about them.
Bowser Jr. would probably be on the same spot as Bowser.

(And again, sorry for every writing error, but you get what I want to say anyway, thank you for that! [I really need to stop to write so freakin' much every time I want to say somethig. {But I love it to write long things, so I will keep doing it. <No I won't do the same joke with the brackets, like I did last time!... |...Well, now it's too late...|>}])
yes louie! he is a really strange case of a villain, he is one of the main protagonists and everyone would think he is a good guy, he doesn't have any evil minions or army like what most villains need and he might have been controlling the titan dweevil and trying to kill olimar the president and the pikmin

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My Nintendo villain list?

Kill him now: Porky, Giygas, Dark Samus
No redeemable qualities: K.Rool, Arguably Ridley, Metal Face, Andross, Black Shadow, Hades, Grima, Mad King Ashnard, Medeus
Has a few redeemable qualities: Ganondorf, Arguably Ridley, Medusa
Middle of the Road: Bowser, Bowser Jr., Kamek, Samurai Goroh, Giovanni
Selfish Buttface: Wario, Waluigi, Plasm Wraith
Not really a villain: King Dedede, Meta Knight, Wolf, Any Punch Out!! "villain", Mewtwo, Dark Pit

I can go into detail or place more villains if you guys want.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*her :seuss:

And why does Ridley of all things have redeemable qualities?
He's arguably pretty loyal to his cause and seems to treat his men with some sort of respect, which they return.

K.Rool doesn't do that.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He's arguably pretty loyal to his cause and seems to treat his men with some sort of respect, which they return.

K.Rool doesn't do that.
Don't the pirate logs imply Ridley mutilates and murders his crew out of punishment? I think him doing it himself would be worse than sending lackeys to end it
No redeemable qualities:Metal Face
teeeeeeeechnically this isn't the case

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One topic that hasn't come up before on the "How evil is K. Rool?" subject is how his "evil rating" would change if you looked only at his cartoon appearance vs. his game ones.

He certainly isn't sane there, but he's not a complete sociopath either (actively cooperates with the Kongs to save the island from the threat of destruction instead of being fine with sacrificing himself to kill his enemies). He still kidnaps and imprisons Kongs, is okay with killing them if the opportunity presents itself (dropping Diddy off a cliff, trapping Cranky in a plane crash), and aims for hostile takeovers regularly. He's wrathful to his minions as well, but unlike the games, actually seems to care for them reasonably well (at least Klump and Krusha, since the Kritters seem to be his equivalent of sweatshop workers in some episodes).

He also fantasizes about stuff in line with his game persona, such as "what to do first upon obtaining the Crystal Coconut: herding the apes off a cliff or plowing down all the banana plantations." Which is another interesting angle to take. . .which villain is the worst in terms of what their preferred outcome is? Like, Dedede would be fine just clobbering that there Kirby and living out his life in gluttony, but some of the others might want things a touch worse.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't the pirate logs imply Ridley mutilates and murders his crew out of punishment? I think him doing it himself would be worse than sending lackeys to end it

teeeeeeeechnically this isn't the case
Do they? Hmmm. Perhaps not then. Still he is pretty loyal to Mother Brain and the SP HQ.

And what redeemable qualities does Metal Face have?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
One topic that hasn't come up before on the "How evil is K. Rool?" subject is how his "evil rating" would change if you looked only at his cartoon appearance vs. his game ones.

He certainly isn't sane there, but he's not a complete sociopath either (actively cooperates with the Kongs to save the island from the threat of destruction instead of being fine with sacrificing himself to kill his enemies). He still kidnaps and imprisons Kongs, is okay with killing them if the opportunity presents itself (dropping Diddy off a cliff, trapping Cranky in a plane crash), and aims for hostile takeovers regularly. He's wrathful to his minions as well, but unlike the games, actually seems to care for them reasonably well (at least Klump and Krusha, since the Kritters seem to be his equivalent of sweatshop workers in some episodes).
I believe we need to count everything when it comes to a character's...character... Except Smash 4 for Ridley and in most cases fanfiction
Do they? Hmmm. Perhaps not then. Still he is pretty loyal to Mother Brain and the SP HQ.

And what redeemable qualities does Metal Face have?
MAJOR XENOBLADE SPOILERS AS IN EXTREMELY LATE GAME STUFF
Metal Face is actually Mumkhar being brainwashed, which actually held Metal Face back, and everything on Mechonis wants to kill the Bionis because Zanza, the soul of Bionis, is trying to destroy the universe

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
MAJOR XENOBLADE SPOILERS AS IN EXTREMELY LATE GAME STUFF
Metal Face is actually Mumkhar being brainwashed, which actually held Metal Face back, and everything on Mechonis wants to kill the Bionis because Zanza, the soul of Bionis, is trying to destroy the universe
Um... No.

Mumkhar was never once brainwashed. He joined Mechonis willingly and was always a bad apple and hated Dunban out of jealousy. His erratic and vengeful behavior actually caused Egil to tighten his control on the Face units, remember?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Um... No.

Mumkhar was never once brainwashed. He joined Mechonis willingly and was always a bad apple and hated Dunban out of jealousy. His erratic and vengeful behavior actually caused Egil to tighten his control on the Face units, remember?

What made Egil wipe out all memories of Faced Mechon? Metal Face being stated to underperform because of Mumkhar holding back, and I'm pretty sure our first scene with Mumkhar showed him having a kind of death scream. Even if my argument is wrong, what about my other point in the Mechon actually doing the right thing in an extreme manner?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What made Egil wipe out all memories of Faced Mechon? Metal Face being stated to underperform because of Mumkhar holding back, and I'm pretty sure our first scene with Mumkhar showed him having a kind of death scream. Even if my argument is wrong, what about my other point in the Mechon actually doing the right thing in an extreme manner?
Yeah, Mumkhar was holding the cause back, but because he focused on vengeance and not the mechon cause.

And even if the mechon were somehow in the right, Metal Face wasn't.[/collapse[

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, Mumkhar was holding the cause back, but because he focused on vengeance and not the mechon cause.

And even if the mechon were somehow in the right, Metal Face wasn't.
Eh, I still think my second point stands, but lets drop this shall we? Don't want people to see a whole page filled with spoiler tags

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
We're rating how evil Nintendo villains are? Cool!

Ridley > K. Rool > Ganondorf > Bowser > Wolf > Porky > Dedede

Ridley - He just wants to kill everything. That's it. 100% bloodlust.

K. Rool - He's crazy, and just wants to kill like Ridley, except only the Kongs. I put him under Ridley because of his goofiness.

Ganondorf - He wants to destroy everything like the two above, but at least he's drawn by greed and power and not the sheer thought of killing.

Bowser - Pure dedication to being bad.

Wolf - I haven't played much Starfox, but from what I can tell he'll at least listen to reason.

Porky - Depsite the intense chaos he causes, I'm not really sure if he's a villain. SPOILERS FOR MOTHER 3 + EARTHBOUND!

Given that he has been all across time and has seen the whole universe, he's gone crazy and sees things differently than everyone else. Everything he sees is insignificant. He's not driven by a greed for power or anything. He's just bored and plays with things he sees as insignificant in the long run.

Dedede - I thought he's Kirby's friend now. The way I see it, he flat out gave up after Revenge of the King. Masked Dedede was his last attempt at clobberin' dat der Kirbeh, and when it failed he simply said "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't recall any game where K. Rool even once helps the Kongs under certain circumstances unlike Bowser and Ganondorf, outvof those 3 K. Rool is the most evil to me. Ridley is a close second except he only kills his own men due to punishment, K. Rool does that too as DK64 showed but at least Ridley does'nt seem as hellbent on wanting to destroy his rival to the point where he actually tortures his own minions.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

No redeemable qualities: K.Rool, Arguably Ridley, Metal Face, Andross, Black Shadow, Hades, Grima, Mad King Greil, Medeus
Not really a villain: King Dedede, Meta Knight, Wolf, Any Punch Out!! "villain", Mewtwo, Dark Pit

I'd drop Medeus down a bit, as he is given a reason for his actions in his backstory.

He was actually on board with Naga's plan initially and was the only Earth Dragon that supported her. However, when he saw how the Manakete were treated by the humans, he retaliated against them and formed his empire. He probably lost his motive by the time of Mystery of the Emblem, but he did have one before he turned into a villain that needed to be slain.

The rest I do agree with, though I think you mean Ashnard instead of Greil if you're talking about Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

No redeemable qualities: K.Rool, Arguably Ridley, Metal Face, Andross, Black Shadow, Hades, Grima, Mad King Greil, Medeus

Mad King Greil? Since when was Ike's father a mad king? :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd drop Medeus down a bit, as he is given a reason for his actions in his backstory.

He was actually on board with Naga's plan initially and was the only Earth Dragon that supported her. However, when he saw how the Manakete were treated by the humans, he retaliated against them and formed his empire. He probably lost his motive by the time of Mystery of the Emblem, but he did have one before he turned into a villain that needed to be slain.

The rest I do agree with, though I think you mean Ashnard instead of Greil if you're talking about Fire Emblem.
Mad King Greil? Since when was Ike's father a mad king? :p
So I messed up.

I meant Ashnard. :/

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I think the only thing that makes K.Rool seem crazy is that he has no motives for his actions, or just hates the Kongs for no reason.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm pretty sure he does it because he wants to control DK Isle or the Crystal Coconut.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Villain ratings:
CONTAINS EXTREME XENOBLADE SPOILERS!
End them now: Zanza, Giygas, Porky, Hades, Grima, Majora and Dark Samus
No redeemable qualities: Lorithia, Ridley, K Rool, Metal Face, Black Shadow, Mad King Ashnard/Gangrel, Medeus
A few redeemable qualities: Dickson, Egil, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Goroh, Skull Kid, Giovanni and Fawful
Selfish little gits: Wario, Waluigi
Not really a villain: Dedede, Meta Knight, Wolf, Punch-Out fighters, Mewtwo, Dark Pit, Mario

Zanza - He creates and destroys as he pleases and puts himself on a pedestal seeing as he believes that only he should have the power to decide the future

Hades - He has no respect for life, is an all-round troll and again he's a God with tremendous power.

Majora: There's a reason it got sealed in that Mask many years before the events of Majora's mask. Pure destruction.

Grima: One could argue the above for Grima as well as effectively being like a God.

Lorithia: She made the choice to be one of Zanza's disciples and had some influence on the High Entia. However she lacks in power and is a mere lackey.

Dickson: Another of Zanza's disciples. However he 'rescued' and raised Shulk who saw him as a father figure plus he does help out a few times in the story (granted those events are for Zanza's benefit).

Skull Kid: It got possessed by Majora so ultimately isn't at fault however it's playfulness caused several problems.

Fawful: He started as Cackletta's underling before going into hiding and then aiming to use the Dark Star, an embodiment of pure evil. However his redeemable quality is in that he helps the babies in Partners in Time by selling badges.

Egil: He aimed to destroy all life on the Bionis and made Homs into Face Mechon. However this was all to stop Zanza and he ultimately sacrifices himself to help the party escape the Mechonis. His intentions were good, he just went about it the wrong way to Bionis with ya. :4dedede:

Mario: That one role in DK Jr where he trapped the old DK in a cage. The only instance he's been a villain.

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I would rather compare KKR to the other villains from Rareware, since he was born in their family. If it comes to the point, which villain is more evil. I would go with this rank: Nintendo and Rareware:

Nintendo Main Villains:
1. Ridley
2. Porky
3. Andross
4. Ganondorf
5. King K. Rool
6. Team Rocket (The organization)
7. Medusa
8. Wolf
9. Bowser
10. King Dedede

Rareware Main Villains:
1. Professor von Kripplespac
2. Mizar
3. King K. Rool
4. Gruntilda
5. Fulgore
6. General Scales
7. Thorn
8. The Dark Queen
9. Wizpig
10. Professor Pester

Last edited:

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
I'm really enjoying the small little details given for some of these characters. I lack knowledge of most of them. I could generate a list from characters I do know but I'd rather have it become vote based altogether, preferably with point values.

Top Bottom