• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn did some research into Japanese character requests for DLC (he's currently around 320 users right now, if I'm reading his posts correctly). Here are his results. Looks like the King is still reigning supreme as most wanted newcomer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn did some research into Japanese character requests for DLC (he's currently around 320 users right now, if I'm reading his posts correctly). Here are his results. Looks like the King is still reigning supreme as most wanted newcomer.
I'm extremely pleased Japan seems to want Ridley after all! But I'm even more pleased with how our king has more komrades

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples

Excellent news, nice to see our cause is global! Kind of weird Crash makes an appearance, but oh well, not my problem!

Laniv

Smash Champion

Good to see our king is still loved overseas.

Lol Jibanyan.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

And I'm just here wishing for a zelda character (Why isn't Impa in this game, I'd even take her as a semi-clone), c'mon we haven't had one since melee. Also Dixie at 5.3%, wolf at 7.4% and Lucas at 8.5% (Damn, that was unexpected) makes me happy. Krystal and bandana dee seem to be doing well too and I find it weird that snake and roy have as many votes as the ice climbers. Also why is pichu so high? What is wrong with people?

And can someone tell me who Arle Nadja and jibanyan are?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So the Rayman thread's gotten itself a persistent troll that's been banned a bazillion times already.
Probably have to deal with that if it'd been K Rool instead of Rayman.

Steelia

Smash Champion

That top 5 is like... the greatest. I'm extremely surprised at Lucas's placement, and also seeing Ridley and Geno and Pichu of all chars getting so much lovin. The Japanese have good taste ;)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

It's good to see that K. Rool is still a popular figure over in Japan after all these years.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
These are the preliminary results and are not final. The actual results may differ, so please don't make any final judgements yet.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
These are the preliminary results and are not final. The actual results may differ, so please don't make any final judgements yet.
Of course. Are you planning on making a thread for your findings once they are complete?

Also, just found out you didn't really want this to get out. . .sorry for posting it, I just got linked to the image in a Skype chat and didn't know of your preference.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Of course. Are you planning on making a thread for your findings once they are complete?

Also, just found out you didn't really want this to get out. . .sorry for posting it, I just got linked to the image in a Skype chat and didn't know of your preference.
That's alright, it's kind of my fault for making an image that could be shared easily.
Yeah, I plan on making a detailed thread about how I collected the data/ general moods towards characters. I just need some more time as work has been busy and I have a ton of projects.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Crash Bandicoot?

r deez ppl srs

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And can someone tell me who Arle Nadja and jibanyan are?
Arle Nadja is the main female protagonist of the early Madou Monogatari RPG's and a reoccurring character in the Puyo Puyo franchise. As for Jinbanyan, he's a bakeneko from Yokai Watch and he's essentially "the Pikachu" of that franchise.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It's good to see that K. Rool is still a popular figure over in Japan after all these years.
It's funny. . .Smashboards' common perception of Japan seems to be that it's some bizarre wonderland where everyone loves Dark Pit and a million random shock characters and hates the West's "boring" requests, because reasons.

Nope. We're actually not that different after all. The one notable bit is that they really don't like cut veterans even moreso than us, to the point where even Pichu has people actively wanting him back. Also, whereas Wolf and Lucas are our top two in that order, it's the reverse according to this poll.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just wondering - Before the confirmation of DLC, everyone retreated into the darkness of the Forbidden All-Stars Group, now with DLC and the Character threads open again, what purpose does it serve now?

Justin Little

Smash Ace

No Simon Belmont makes me sad. I know Snake is the ''Konami rep'', but c'mon! Seeing Goemon there sort of redeems itself, though.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
It's funny. . .Smashboards' common perception of Japan seems to be that it's some bizarre wonderland where everyone loves Dark Pit and a million random shock characters and hates the West's "boring" requests, because reasons.

Nope. We're actually not that different after all. The one notable bit is that they really don't like cut veterans even moreso than us, to the point where even Pichu has people actively wanting him back. Also, whereas Wolf and Lucas are our top two in that order, it's the reverse according to this poll.
People tend to mix 2ch, a Japanese forum where people can write anonymously, with the entire Japanese fanbase, when they're actually pretty different. It's like thinking 4chan is what represents the English fanbase except it clearly isn't. If you go to SNSs like Twitter, there'll be a bit broader support for every character out there. We're actually pretty similiar, the only thing we don't have that you guys do are the random people who cry for Goku and Naruto.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Seems we have fellow Komrades across sees, makes sense as a character's fanbase would be over the world.

I am surprised to see Goemon on that list, besides the fact that he is ahead of Waddle Dee and Isaac.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Do you think its possible the next smash could go in production before the next dkc game?
Very likely. I can't shake the feeling Tropical Freeze will be our last DK game for a very long time.:( Apparently, Retro can't make ''cute'' platformers because they should be making ''dudebro, hardcore'' titles. It would be a waste of talent, otherwise.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Very likely. I can't shake the feeling Tropical Freeze will be our last DK game for a very long time.:( Apparently, Retro can't make ''cute'' platformers because they should be making ''dudebro, hardcore'' titles. It would be a waste of talent, otherwise.
One big detail to look at when concerning Retro Studios is the fact that they are extremely talented and are likely being used to their full potential by Nintendo, meaning that DKC games will have to wait a while until Nintendo and/or Retro Studios has time to make it.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
According to Miyamoto, Retro now has the manpower to work on multiple games at once. Maybe something DKC-related will be one of them?

Of course, given the gaming media's collective whining over "another damn Donkey Kong Country," it's probably a safe bet that one of those projects will be something different.
Thank you for the information leader Komrade.

Edit: Still, being owned by Nintendo means that Nintendo calls the shots and we will get a DKC game in the future if Nintendo wants us to have one.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
With Nintendo keep mentioning Metacritic's score as a reference for their quality games, it seems Nintendo is doing everything in their power to make sure everyone forgets DKCTF all because it wasn't above an 85+.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
According to Miyamoto, Retro now has the manpower to work on multiple games at once. Maybe something DKC-related will be one of them?

Of course, given the gaming media's collective whining over "another damn Donkey Kong Country," it's probably a safe bet that one of those projects will be something different.
It annoyed me so much when Tropical freeze was revealed and all people did were ***** about it not being metroid, forgetting the fact that up until Returns they made 3 metroid games in a row and nothing else. People were stupid not to expect a returns sequel

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It annoyed me so much when Tropical freeze was revealed and all people did were ***** about it not being metroid, forgetting the fact that up until Returns they made 3 metroid games in a row and nothing else. People were stupid not to expect a returns sequel
Agreed. It is sad to see the Nintendo fanbase rip at each other's franchises just because they would rather the other Nintendo fanbase groups to get nothing at all in exchange for their desired game. Though, I suppose that is how fanbases work.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And here I want both a Retro made DKC and Metroid game.

Top Bottom