• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Say, if we did get a Diddy Kong Racing 2, and K.Rool was a major Antagonist/Protagonist, why have him parody one of the original games characters instead of giving him a new racer persona? or even Personas, tricky part would be what, and perhaps even involve the resurrection of the pilot alterego
The pilot k rool would have been an awesome persona and it still could be, maybe redneck kong could even be reborn if nintendo are stretching for charcters

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As much as I'd love to see Ridley, it's pretty apparent that Sakurai sees Ridley as one entity considering the Other M design uses his Super Metroid inspired icon for KOs. Even ignoring that, Sakurai flat out said he doesn't think he'd work, and I doubt the SM design gives him much to change that opinion of him.

Anyway, Ridley is not the character of the topic, so lets shift this back to the other big guy.

D

Deleted member

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhyDontYouJustShootHim?

Also, keep in mind this is K. Rool we're talking about, a character that is heavily implied to be demented. It wouldn't be surprising that he'd be unnecessarily complicated with his schemes and step out of bounds, and it shows.
That may be true, but when the objective is to kill DK, it seems to be a case of K. Rool grabbing the Idiot Ball to hold DK ransom for the Banana Hoard with the intent to starve him to death when:
-DK's already in a helpless position to where K. Rool could just finish the job through quicker and more brutal means. If the lack of complexity is the issue, there's always the option of a Bond villain-styled death trap. Hell, just keeping him tied up and away from the Banana Hoard accomplishes what K. Rool set out to do: kill DK through starvation.
-Setting DK free in exchange for the Banana Hoard would mean DK would be in a position where he could just get it back like he did last time. Rendering K. Rool's efforts all for nothing.

It's really not so much the fact it's a long, complicated process when there's an easier solution available that gets me. It's the fact the long, complicated process has quite a few holes in the logic that didn't require addressing in-game because Diddy and Dixie rescued DK instead of giving in to the ransom.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That may be true, but when the objective is to kill DK, it seems to be a case of K. Rool grabbing the Idiot Ball to hold DK ransom for the Banana Hoard with the intent to starve him to death when:
-DK's already in a helpless position to where K. Rool could just finish the job through quicker and more brutal means. If the lack of complexity is the issue, there's always the option of a Bond villain-styled death trap. Hell, just keeping him tied up and away from the Banana Hoard accomplishes what K. Rool set out to do: kill DK through starvation.
-Setting DK free in exchange for the Banana Hoard would mean DK would be in a position where he could just get it back like he did last time. Rendering K. Rool's efforts all for nothing.

It's really not so much the fact it's a long, complicated process when there's an easier solution available that gets me. It's the fact the long, complicated process has quite a few holes in the logic that didn't require addressing in-game because Diddy and Dixie rescued DK instead of giving in to the ransom.
I think he just wanted to torture DK

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Is he really the sort of character to follow through on his promises, though? It could easily be a case of him wanting to con the Kongs out of the Banana Hoard just to rub salt in the wound, maybe even to starve DK with the hoard sitting right in front of him or something.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is he really the sort of character to follow through on his promises, though? It could easily be a case of him wanting to con the Kongs out of the Banana Hoard just to rub salt in the wound, maybe even to starve DK with the hoard sitting right in front of him or something.
Don't forget the part where K.Rool feasts on banana cream pie in front of DK's face and says. "You know, this is far too much for me, and I'm in the mood for sharing...." And then he gets the other Kremlings to do the same

D

Deleted member

I think he just wanted to torture DK
Now this makes a little more sense.
Kidnap DK, then use him as a trade for the Banana Hoard to make him feel worthless (that he had to be ransomed) before he starves to death.

Hmm. I was thinking more along the lines of taking the Banana Hoard, then killing DK instead of letting him go.
I completely forgot about the idea of just taking the Banana Hoard and DK.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hmm. I was thinking more along the lines of taking the Banana Hoard, then killing DK instead of letting him go.
I completely forgot about the idea of just taking the Banana Hoard and DK.
Which, of course, would show that Rool has some sort of clever thinking process...for a big fat croc.

KKR takes both the Hoard and DK, the Kongs feel bad for trusting him, DK himself feels bad for being a liability and KKR sits in his lair gloating about how he won with virtually no effort.

Only what a demented villain would do.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Welp, nothing we care for. Oh well.

Laniv

Smash Champion
So guys, I've been thinking. and I've come to a startling conclusion. Remember that Super Mario Bros Super Show? Remember "King Koopa"?

As it turns out, this:

Isn't King Koopa/Bowser.

It's been K. Rool all along.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So guys, I've been thinking. and I've come to a startling conclusion. Remember that Super Mario Bros Super Show? Remember "King Koopa"?

As it turns out, this:

Isn't King Koopa/Bowser.

It's been K. Rool all along.
I should use this to go more with my username's sake but well, I just prefer Bowser's original game design instead.

D

Deleted member

Normally I'd point at his shell, but Konsidering K.Rool loves Kosplaying I agree
Honestly, how K. Rool functions, I wouldn't be surprised if ol' King Koopa from the cartoon was an inspiration.
King Koopa was also one to play dress-up and go by several monikers.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, you'll occasionally see people bring up the King Koopa comparison as if it's some damning piece of evidence as far as K. Rool being boring or a knock-off. . .like, "Oh, here's a picture of King Koopa in a crown and cape, guess your fat crocodile is a really bad character, ha ha."

Considering the ways he differentiates himself from King Koopa, I actually really like that K. Rool borrows that 'Saturday morning cartoon' trope. It allows for great and diverse boss fights in the gaming medium, especially when no other Nintendo villain takes advantage of it, compared to just being an aesthetic difference in a 20-minute cartoon episode.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, you'll occasionally see people bring up the King Koopa comparison as if it's some damning piece of evidence as far as K. Rool being boring or a knock-off. . .like, "Oh, here's a picture of King Koopa in a crown and cape, guess your fat crocodile is a really bad character, ha ha."

Considering the ways he differentiates himself from King Koopa, I actually really like that K. Rool borrows that 'Saturday morning cartoon' trope. It allows for great and diverse boss fights in the gaming medium, especially when no other Nintendo villain takes advantage of it, compared to just being an aesthetic difference in a 20-minute cartoon episode.
"Oh, here's a picture of a fat Italian plumber, that Mario guy is a bad character, what a knockoff"

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
Well, the lack of more Smash 4 DLC in general in the Nintendo Direct was a little disappointing. However, considering that we still know almost nothing about Mewtwo other than he's the first DLC character, they might be jumping the gun to announce another new character. The next direct should be happening in a month or two, so we should get a confirmation in not too long. Who knows, maybe Mewtwo and our King might even be released together!

Other then that, I found a neat image I will probably use for a new icon and a kampaign poster.
If you are wondering, these are official figures that were released during the run of the TV series.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well, the lack of more Smash 4 DLC in general in the Nintendo Direct was a little disappointing. However, considering that we still know almost nothing about Mewtwo other than he's the first DLC character, they might be jumping the gun to announce another new character. The next direct should be happening in a month or two, so we should get a confirmation in not too long. Who knows, maybe Mewtwo and our King might even be released together!

Other then that, I found a neat image I will probably use for a new icon and a kampaign poster.
If you are wondering, these are official figures that were released during the run of the TV series.
Are these for sale?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Why does K.Rool's stomach look like a golf ball?

NintendoAlike

Smash Cadet
BREAKING NEWS! Retro Studios now has an official Twitter account. You know what to do. ;)

https://twitter.com/RetroStudios
I know what to do....
To Do List For Kutthroats currently
-Use #BringBackKRool on Retro's official twitter
-Encourage Nintendo to add K. Rool as DLC
-Encouage Nintendo and Retro to make K. Rool a final boss in the next DKC
-Make more kampaign posters (work in progress)
and last but certainly not least:Get DKC 1-3 and DKL 1-3 on NA Virtual Console.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I know what to do....
To Do List For Kutthroats currently
-Use #BringBackKRool on Retro's official twitter
-Encourage Nintendo to add K. Rool as DLC
-Encouage Nintendo and Retro to make K. Rool a final boss in the next DKC
-Make more kampaign posters (work in progress)
and last but certainly not least:Get DKC 1-3 and DKL 1-3 on NA Virtual Console.
-Check
-Check
-Check
-Gotta Do
-Defintley Check.

Pretty good nonetheless.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
this is good guys, they followed me right after i asked them to bring back k rool and they followed a king k rool twitter account!. there is a very high chance that k rool will be in the next dkc game from all of this but we must continue to support him until that day has come

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Wish I could get a hold of some of these. There's a disappointing lack of Kremling merch out there.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
BREAKING NEWS! Retro Studios now has an official Twitter account. You know what to do. ;)

https://twitter.com/RetroStudios
Aaaaaand that account just followed @BringBackKRool too. It's so exciting just turning on your phone and seeing that as a notification, knowing that the wizards behind some of your all-time favorite games are reading what you, personally, have written.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Aaaaaand that account just followed @BringBackKRool too. It's so exciting just turning on your phone and seeing that as a notification, knowing that the wizards behind some of your all-time favorite games are reading what you, personally, have written.
Congratulations!

With such dedicated fans, I feel certain that it won't be long before your beloved King makes a triumphant return. ;)

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Well that didn't take long lol. Definitely great news that Retro is following the Kampaign. I feel like it's inevitable that we'll get to see our Kremling King return in glorious fashion.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if Retro or Nintendo is looking at this very thread?

Also, can I just say that it really is an honor to be followed by the people who make your favorite games.

Especially when you're trying to get a message across.

I haven't felt this hopeful about anything in a long time.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
If Retro or Nintendo are reading this, not only bring back the Kremlings and the King himself but please give Diddy a starring role again. Whether its Diddy Kong Racing 2, Diddy's KongQuest 2, Diddy and Dixie RPG, etc, it doesn't matter. After seeing that Nintendo direct and the absence of any functionality from Diddy's amiibo, I have become a sad panda.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
King K. Rool for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 and Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3-DS dlc! I told ya Jan. 1st, this is K. Rool's year, he's coming back!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What if Retro or Nintendo is looking at this very thread?

Also, can I just say that it really is an honor to be followed by the people who make your favorite games.

Especially when you're trying to get a message across.

I haven't felt this hopeful about anything in a long time.
We had some 'visitors' before. But that was more than a year ago.
If Retro or Nintendo are reading this, not only bring back the Kremlings and the King himself but please give Diddy a starring role again. Whether its Diddy Kong Racing 2, Diddy's KongQuest 2, Diddy and Dixie RPG, etc, it doesn't matter. After seeing that Nintendo direct and the absence of any functionality from Diddy's amiibo, I have become a sad panda.
This is bothering me to... I want at least Amiibo compatiability with the new DKCR. Making you able to switch between :4dk: and :4diddy: through using Amiibos, Rare tag team style. I just want :4diddy: as a leading Kong again, not a glorified power up for :4dk:.

Last edited:
Top Bottom