• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
i would trust k rool with my wallet as well since they don't really have any need for money in dkc games except for banana coins
Considering how K. Rool hates bananas and steals them just to try and kill DK (or at least tick him off) I wouldn't put it past him taking your money just to be evil.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My copy of Smash U from a Premium raffle I won just arrived. Filled the survey and requested, apart from my own personal wishlist in Sylux, Rayman and Snake, King K. Rool.

Everything helps, no matter how miniscule.

Chase

Smash Ace
I need to join Club Nintendo, so I could get that dang mention of Wario Land's existence in Smash Bros...

Do you think with K. Rool's return, we'll see another unique crazy plot like the other games? I'd love to see K. Rool have a plan to gas DK Isle with some sort of thing that is harmful to Kongs, but Kremlings are immune to (lets call it Kremical in this case), leading the Kongs to destroy the supply on K. Rool's new Crocodile Isle.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
When I saw how cool the Snowmads were (imo, of course) I kind of hoped that they could return, more powerful, as some sort of "common enemy" for both the Kongs and Kremlings. Maybe they'd attack wherever the King and his krew ended up---"New Crocodile Isle", I guess.
Either that or Fredrik could go crawling to K. Rool begging him to help exact his revenge, and the game could have them as side-by-side antagonists. Heck, maybe there'd be a Dimentio-esque situation where K. Rool pretends to be loyal to Fredrik above all else, and then suddenly turn on him near the end. Sure sounds like something he'd do.

I dunno I just really like the Snowmads

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Considering how K. Rool hates bananas and steals them just to try and kill DK (or at least tick him off) I wouldn't put it past him taking your money just to be evil.
'eh, the thing is, that's one of those things stated by another developer, so I don't necessarily know/believe if K. Rool actually does hate bananas at all. Supposedly though, K. Rool originally stole the banana hoard to basically starve the Kongs, so Paon probably built off of that idea and were like "ok, he actually hates bananas."

D

Deleted member

For all we know, K. Rool could've actually loved bananas and wanted them all to himself back in the Rare days.
Why else would he hold DK ransom for the Banana Hoard in DKC2? If the intent was to kill DK (through starvation) why not just, you know, kill DK through much quicker and available means while he's held prisoner?

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In Jungle Climber, K.Rool actually states that he hates bananas. So that's unlikely. He likely stole the bananas just to **** around with the Kongs.

D

Deleted member

In Jungle Climber, K.Rool actually states that he hates bananas. So that's unlikely. He likely stole the bananas just to **** around with the Kongs.
For all we know, K. Rool could've actually loved bananas and wanted them all to himself back in the Rare days.
You missed the underlined.

EDIT: Actually, in the original statement on K. Rool's motives (starving DK), they actually played with the idea.
"K. Rool wants the banana horde because DK will starve and die without it, enabling the crafty croc to occupy the gorilla's cosy treehouse pad. He might also want it as he likes bananas, who knows?"
http://web.archive.org/web/20020805...ite/talk_to_us/scribes/aug25_99/aug25_99.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
The Golden Bananas are worth a buttload of money, obviously. No sense stealing it unless it is something of worth. (or you hate kongs)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
So what do you guys think we'll see in tomorrow's nintendo direct, anything about the possible new Diddy Kong Racing game for Wii U perhaps? And if there is a surprise mewtwo trailer, do you you think we might see another surprise dlc character in it too?

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I am hoping Nintendo miraculously purchased Wizpig and Timber for DKR2. I think it would be more fitting if K. Rool made his grand return in a mainline DKC title instead, imo. (or smash)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am hoping Nintendo miraculously purchased Wizpig and Timber for DKR2. I think it would be more fitting if K. Rool made his grand return in a mainline DKC title instead, imo. (or smash)
Due to Rare's acquisition by Microsoft, Banjo and Conker were replaced by Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong, although Tiptup was kept in the game, despite his appearances in several Banjo-Kazooie games. While developed by Rare, the original game is almost entirely owned by Nintendo save for everything relating to Banjo and Conker, thereby allowing the game to be re-released (alongside Microsoft not currently participating in the handheld gaming market).
Wizpig was in that, Nintendo owns him and I think Timber was there too

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Due to Rare's acquisition by Microsoft, Banjo and Conker were replaced by Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong, although Tiptup was kept in the game, despite his appearances in several Banjo-Kazooie games. While developed by Rare, the original game is almost entirely owned by Nintendo save for everything relating to Banjo and Conker, thereby allowing the game to be re-released (alongside Microsoft not currently participating in the handheld gaming market).
Wizpig was in that, Nintendo owns him and I think Timber was there too
No, this is incorrect. Nintendo does NOT own everything in that game. In fact, Rare was perfectly capable of including Banjo and Conker in that game. The only reason they were able to re-release that game was BECAUSE it was on a handheld console. They removed Banjo and Conker because Banjo and Conker were more well-known with Rare, but Rare still owns all the non-Kong and Kremling characters in this game. There was a rumor Nintendo bought Timber, but that's never been verified.

Possibily information on when the DKC trilogy will be coming in the NA VC.
This is the bigger thing I'm interested in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I didn't pay any attention to the Wii's VC, but I think when I get a Wii U I'll definitely have to get at least the DKC triology.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
More DLC would be nice, but I doubt it'll happen since "Mewtwo is the only thing we're working on" thing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Did you not get them yet?
Nope, they've not been released in NA yet. Same with Golden Sun: The Lost Age, which is annoying because I REALLY want to buy Lost Age. (Eventually I'll slowly get DKC 1-3, but I've played them a million times, though they're always fun either way. :D)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Nope, they've not been released in NA yet. Same with Golden Sun: The Lost Age, which is annoying because I REALLY want to buy Lost Age. (Eventually I'll slowly get DKC 1-3, but I've played them a million times, though they're always fun either way. :D)
Well the good thing about having the DKC games on the Wii U VC is that the picture quality is superb. Hooking a SNES up to my HDTV leaves the picture quality sub-par.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
A Mewtwo trailer would be the most I am expecting in terms of Smash. I don't want to be disappointed again... Then again, I am helplessly optimistic, so as much as I want it to not be the case, I am hoping for K. Rool to show up.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
A Mewtwo trailer would be the most I am expecting in terms of Smash. I don't want to be disappointed again... Then again, I am helplessly optimistic, so as much as I want it to not be the case, I am hoping for K. Rool to show up.
I'm confident that there'll be a trailer for Mewtwo, or at least a release date (the deadline is up in March so he should be downloadable before the next direct, probably in Feb). There's a very slim chance they could hint at another character but I doubt we'll hear much until after Mewtwo is out.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think they COULD do a reveal trailer for another new character. I mean, if they are planning DLC, why break the trend now? Then again, they could also just do Mewtwo and nothing else.

Either way, I disagree with wanting K. Rool in DKC3 before anything else. DKC3 is likely years away; I'd far rather get K. Rool in ANYTHING ASAP, honestly. Just to show as soon as possible that they still want to bring K. Rool back. If it means bringing K. Rool back into the spotlight through a variety of DK (and maybe Mario) spinoff games, sure, I'll gladly take it.

DKR2 is probably the best bet, though, and if it is legit, its one of the top new games that could get revealed.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If Diddy Kong Racing 2 is indeed legit and the rumour of it starring lesser-known Nintendo heroes is also legit, I will cry rainbows.

I really, really, really, really want Captain Rainbow Kart K. Rool and Mallo in a race-'em-up.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
smashbros_version_final_01_by_graphitodudesaul-d8di2sy.jpg
Fanart from Deviantart. The most wanted new characters for dlc in this picture makes the ssb4 roster look so much better. Love how K. Rool is posed in this lol.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
View attachment 35636 Fanart from Deviantart. The most wanted new characters for dlc in this picture makes the ssb4 roster look so much better. Love how K. Rool is posed in this lol.
that picture looks so great with all the good charcters, especially with palutena in the background extremely undetailed

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why else would he hold DK ransom for the Banana Hoard in DKC2? If the intent was to kill DK (through starvation) why not just, you know, kill DK through much quicker and available means while he's held prisoner?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WhyDontYouJustShootHim?

Also, keep in mind this is K. Rool we're talking about, a character that is heavily implied to be demented. It wouldn't be surprising that he'd be unnecessarily complicated with his schemes and step out of bounds, and it shows.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say, if we did get a Diddy Kong Racing 2, and K.Rool was a major Antagonist/Protagonist, why have him parody one of the original games characters instead of giving him a new racer persona? or even Personas, tricky part would be what, and perhaps even involve the resurrection of the pilot alterego

Top Bottom