• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
dont mean to change the subject,but maaaan david wise's music is so good.....i hope he comes back for donkey kong country returns 3

i knew that krant kirkhope made the dkc 3 soundtrack,but i had no idea david wise did the gba version of dkc 3. just listen to this song

david wise is a genius.
Eveline Fischer did the soundtrack to DKC 3 (original SNES version) not Kirkhope.

Kaptain K. Roolenstein

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely glad David Wise is back with Tropical Freeze but it'd be cool to see if Eveline Fischer and/or Grant Kirkhope would come back for future Donkey Kong games.

Kroconut

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I feel as though David Wise is the right fit for Donkey Kong. Grant did DK64, though he did it in a bit more of a darker atmosphere and more of a gloom feeling, a beautiful score nonetheless, but more of a Banjo soundtrack. That's the thing, DK64 isn't really a Donkey Kong game, it's a Banjo-Kazooie game really.
That said, I believe DK64 gets WAAAAAAY too unfairly bashed. I love the game to death, it was a big part of my life. If we had the ability to swap Kongs on the spot (with limitations) instead of backtracking to the Kong barrels, the game would've been Perfect. Other than that, the design and presentation of DK64 is simply gorgeous.

StormC

Smash Hero
I played DK64 a lot as a kid, but a few years ago I tried to pick it up again and I couldn't get past Angry Aztec. Maybe I was more patient when I was younger. Even as a Banjo game, I would definitely play Kazooie or Tooie over it.

On the subject of music, David Wise is probably about equivalent to John Williams for Star Wars and Shunsuke Kikuchi for Dragon Ball, however, I am more than open to other musicians as long as they can continue the memorable, atmospheric tunes that made Donkey Kong Country the beast that it is.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Believe it or not, I thought I was the only one who thought this about DKC2 lol. I mean, I like the music, graphics, and challenging levels but there are some that just make me give up for a while and the fact that you have to pay coins in order to save after the first time is a real pain in the arse after going through all that heck. DKC1 and DK64 are so far my personal favorites.
I can't decide between 1 or 3 being my favourite. 1 has the nostalgia factor for me (and by nostalgia I mean 2012 lol) and I love the atmospheric setting, but I feel like 3 might be my favourite once I finish it.

The weird thing for me is that Diddy and Dixie are my two favourite Kongs, so you'd think that 2 would by my favourite. 2 is my least favourite because it has the least naturalistic setting (I have a preference for naturalistic settings) but more importantly I find the platforming to be the least fun. It's very restrictive compared to the fluid platforming of 1, and doesn't really have the clever, puzzle-type platforming of 3. Just personal opinion of course, I still think 2 is amazing, the entire trio basically overtook everything else as my favourite Nintendo games of all- time, and I only played DKC1 for the first time in 2012.

Also why does 64 get so much hate? I thought it was an amazing game. To me it's was basically a better version of BK because it had more playable characters and the Kongs had weapons.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
64 didn't feel that much like a DK game tbh, but it wasn't bad. I'd have rather they tried to make DKC in 3D, than make Banjo-Kazooie marketed as a DK game. Granted, I never PLAYED Banjo-
Kazooie, so I didn't know what to feel about DK64. I'm pretty sure by the time my family actually got an N64 DK64 was already out (my family was always quite a bit behind the times because we couldn't afford to get the latest consoles Day 1).

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
64 didn't feel that much like a DK game tbh, but it wasn't bad. I'd have rather they tried to make DKC in 3D, than make Banjo-Kazooie marketed as a DK game. Granted, I never PLAYED Banjo-
Kazooie, so I didn't know what to feel about DK64. I'm pretty sure by the time my family actually got an N64 DK64 was already out (my family was always quite a bit behind the times because we couldn't afford to get the latest consoles Day 1).
I think what people mean when they say 64 isn't a DK game is that it's not a 'Country' game. The DKC series (including Returns and TF) is actually only a small portion of the greater DK series when you get technical and include the pre-DKC arcade games. People just think that anything not Country-esque isn't true DK because the Country trio were the first games that they themselves played.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh, David Wise can have my children. That man is responsible for every soundtrack I ever loved.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think what people mean when they say 64 isn't a DK game is that it's not a 'Country' game. The DKC series (including Returns and TF) is actually only a small portion of the greater DK series when you get technical and include the pre-DKC arcade games. People just think that anything not Country-esque isn't true DK because the Country trio were the first games that they themselves played.
The original "Donkey Kong" games aren't DK games, either, though. The only one that's actually a Donkey Kong game is Donkey Kong Jr. (which did inspire DKC rope climbing gameplay), but otherwise, the original "Donkey Kong" games were Mario platformer games. DK was the enemy, not the player character, so you can hardly really call them "Donkey Kong" games at all.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Fair point Jaidyn

Oh, David Wise can have my children. That man is responsible for every soundtrack I ever loved.
Wise is a genius but I feel like Eveline Fischer doesn't get enough credit. I've heard people say the DKC3 soundtrack was mediocre but honestly I think it's just as amazing as the first two games. I think most of the hate towards DKC3 just comes from the fact that it came out after the 64 was released, so contextually it was a lot more outdated than the first two games.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
In all honesty, i believe that we can get quite a few DLC Kharacters. Now for starters, here are the ones I personally see as a lock.
-Ice Klimbers
-Wolf
-Lucas
Ice Klimbers got shafted by their technical issues and possibly balance issues combined with their low priority. Due to the low priority, the got kut. Needless to say, without priority being an issue, the issues with Ice Klimbers kan be fixed. Wolf and Lucas are near locks due to being kut veterans who kan be easy to kreate.
Now how does this relate to the king? Because while these kharacters either are easy to make or have had work done on them, that leaves the door open for 2-3 unique kharacters. Now how will these kharacters be selected? By popularity. Think about it. Why add a DLC kharacter that is not in demand, aside from promotion? Either a kharacter must have a good deal of popularity or krazy promotional value. As such, due to his top tier popularity, it is very likely(80%) that we will see the king as DLC.
As for other kharacters that might have a chance?
-Inkling
-Henry Flemming (Codename STEAM)
-Captain Toad
-Sceptile
These are mainly for promotion.
-Ridley (not that likely, but hope)
-Isaac
These are the only ones with outright massive fanbases besides the king.

#KingKRool4Smas4

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892

Three remixes of DK Island Swing in one stage alone. Embarrassing. There will probably be three more in N64 Congo Jungle. No sign of King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2 yet, which can mean one of four things: it was cut from the game entirely because Sakurai is racist against crocodiles, it's hidden away as a CD, it appears on Congo Jungle, or Gangplank Galleon is actually a thing, King K. Rool is an unlockable character, and he's going to solve world hunger and bring peace to humanity.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Three remixes of DK Island Swing in one stage alone. Embarrassing. There will probably be three more in N64 Congo Jungle. No sign of King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2 yet, which can mean one of four things: it was cut from the game entirely because Sakurai is racist against crocodiles, it's hidden away as a CD, it appears on Congo Jungle, or Gangplank Galleon is actually a thing, King K. Rool is an unlockable character, and he's going to solve world hunger and bring peace to humanity.
The one unlockable DK track we know of is "Donkey Kong Country Returns - Vocals." Hopefully more will follow.

This is a pretty lame track listing, if I do say so myself. It's basically Brawl's tracks minus a few of the good ones, plus two remixes of DK Island Swing and the Rocket Barrel Theme. It has two Tropical Freeze tracks, but it's the first level's theme, which is one of the lesser tracks in the game, and the temple theme, which is the second half of, you guessed it, DK Island Swing.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Good news guys! K. Rool's theme is indeed back; this time on Kongo Jungle 64. But I also have some bad news to share.

THERE ARE LITERALLY

EIGHT VERSIONS OF DK ISLAND SWING IN THIS GAME

AND I AM NOT EVEN MAKING THIS UP

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** SUCKING CHRIST

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Good news guys! K. Rool's theme is indeed back; this time on Kongo Jungle 64. But I also have some bad news to share.

THERE ARE LITERALLY

EIGHT VERSIONS OF DK ISLAND SWING IN THIS GAME

AND I AM NOT EVEN MAKING THIS UP

WHAT THE ACTUAL **** SUCKING CHRIST
Not surprised. Seems to be the only DK song Smash Bros. gets. Though what else can you expect when every stage is a jungle?

Seriously, why? That'd be like if Mario only got the 1-1 theme. With how much great music the series has, why use so few? Do they just not want to use Rare created themes or something?

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
By the way, Kongo Jungle 64 looks literally identical to its N64 counterpart. And I am not even kidding. The bushes are still pre-rendered sprites. They didn't even TRY to update it. Even though I still find the N64 aesthetic charming, this just screams of laziness, as if the DK series hasn't been shafted enough already. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Pffft. The soundtrack is lame. L. A. M. E. A lot of reused themes from Brawl and no significant new tracks. And what a surprise. DK got screwed as always, as well as Wario (seriously, only 1 Wario Land song?) and Earthbound.

K Rool's theme as part of the Kongo Jungle stage pretty much de-confirms Gangplank Galleon, if it's not through DLC.

2 jungle stages and kinda generic. Very very disappointing. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So how does King K. Rool's chances seem now that his theme has been uncovered? Still holding out?
Still the same as always. Tons of songs are being reused from Brawl, including the likes of Ridley's theme.

Pffft. The soundtrack is lame. L. A. M. E. A lot of reused themes from Brawl and no significant new tracks. And what a surprise. DK got screwed as always, as well as Wario (seriously, only 1 Wario Land song?).

K Rool's theme as part of the Kongo Jungle stage pretty much de-confirms Gangplank Galleon, if it's not through DLC.

Very very disappointing. :facepalm:
Hey, look at it this way. That's one more Wario Land related thing than Brawl or SSB3DS had.

And with the stupid stage boss gimmick, I no longer want a Gangplank Galleon stage.

Last edited:
Pffft. The soundtrack is lame. L. A. M. E. A lot of reused themes from Brawl and no significant new tracks. And what a surprise. DK got screwed as always, as well as Wario (seriously, only 1 Wario Land song?) and Earthbound.

Very very disappointing. :facepalm:
well theres always crocodile cacophony.

but yeah with the way things are looking,i dont think k rool is coming yet.

but the good news is that if we keep pushing i beleive that he will come back in a new dk game(we already got some big names following us),which in turn will make him come in smash 5. only 7 more years to go,oh boy i cant wait!

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
And with the stupid stage boss gimmick, I no longer want a Gangplank Galleon stage.
Actually you got a point, if there actually is a GG stage after all, K Rool would most likely be a boss, so I agree with ya. Ridley's punching bag role is enough injustice so as to add K Rool too. I'd really rather no K Rool at all. :p

but the good news is that if we keep pushing i beleive that he will come back in a new dk game(we already got some big names following us),which in turn will make him come in smash 5. only 7 more years to go,oh boy i cant wait!
If they decided to reuse Stickerbush Symphony I highly doubt they'll even bother in doing Crocodile Cacophony, sadly... :c

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Let's see if we can't get him in earlier as DLC, shall we?

Let's see if we can't get him in earlier as DLC, shall we?
you are correct,we dont give up......we are kremlings afterall,and kremlings dont give up..................we will keep pushing for k rool until they flat out deconfirm him. and if they do deconfirm him,we wont just stop,we will work in the shadows,building our army even further,waiting for the time to strike back and push k rool even further(which hopefully by that time k rool is already snug in the dkc series again).

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
DK Island Swing remixes in SSB4:
--Congo Jungle 64
--Jungle Level (Brawl)
--Jungle Level Jazz Version
--Jungle Hijinxs
--Swinger Flinger (remix of second half of song)

Unconfirmed, possible remixes:
--Jungle Japes
--Jungle Level, Vers. 2 (Brawl)
--Donkey Kong Country Returns - Vocals

That's just pathetic.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
--Congo Jungle 64
--Jungle Level (Brawl)
--Jungle Hijinxs

--Jungle Japes

That's just pathetic.
And the other songs we know all are rips, save for the Gear Getaway/Rocket Barrel theme.

For ****'s sake, DK Island Swing is a good song, but the series has so much more.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
By the way, Kongo Jungle 64 looks literally identical to its N64 counterpart. And I am not even kidding. The bushes are still pre-rendered sprites. They didn't even TRY to update it. Even though I still find the N64 aesthetic charming, this just screams of laziness, as if the DK series hasn't been shafted enough already. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh.
I don't see the problem with Kongo Jungle 64 being exactly identical to the N64 one, for nostalgic reasons and all. Guess it can be called lazy when looking at it another way but eh, I'm fine with it.

But yeah, the remixes list is just plain lackluster.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How do you know this though?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
--Congo Jungle 64
--Jungle Level (Brawl)
--Jungle Hijinxs

--Jungle Japes

That's just pathetic.
It's getting to the point where I wouldn't want just K. Rool fighter DLC, but just a general DKC pack. 'Cause this is getting ridiculous.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... Okay. Now there is no excuse. If Kid Icarus gets more songs than us... Oh boy...

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Well, I think it's officially confirmed, Sakurai hates Donkey Kong! We are extremely lucky we got ONE new stage and Diddy back in Brawl. There must be something Sakurai despises about the DK franchise as a whole, or he's too freakin oblivious to even notice. Let's pray DLC will help the DK representation, it's the last hope we have for another 8 years.

Top Bottom