• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
And hopefully an announcement of the DKC/DLC games coming to NA VC! Perhaps it'll segue-way into something else... Diddy Kong was in the PoTD with the Zapper...

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Remember last time, Mewtwo DLC reveal came after Bowser Jr.'s trailer, maybe the King follows the same pattern... :3

I think another DLC character reveal would increase hype in one of the last chances of Nintendo to promote Smash Bros. Wii U before launch. And with Ridley confirmed as a boss (not that I like that) and Mewtwo as DLC, the King should be the next on the list of hyped characters not in Smash.

Don't want to get my hopes too up though, but I just want to see the King already :cry:

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Not gonna get my hopes up at all for K. Rool, honestly. Feels way too soon to announce another DLC char. Maybe more Mewtwo coverage? Would be stoked to hear if he comes with any stages, music, etc. with his download, or some footage of him in action.

But I do hope to see info on DKC1/2/3 coming to NA VC. That'd be great.

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
i do see a DLC character being announced but it will probably be Wolf, if any character, even though i would LOVE if it were K rool

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Doubtful we'll be seeing anything pertaining to K. Rool specifically, but let's hope that we get at least some acknowledgement of DKC, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary in a few weeks, as well as DK64, which will soon be celebrating its 15th anniversary. Maybe some VC releases? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Yeah, I'm not gonna get my hopes up for any other DLC characters at this point. At the very least I'm hoping for a good Duck Hunt trailer, and at the very most I'm hoping for some in-game (probably W.I.P.) Mewtwo footage.

It's fun to think that DK64's anniversary is coming up, because it's actually the same day as my birthday. Happy birthday to us! :p

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Holy ****. I just got done with Grassland Groove, and I don't think in the fifteen years I've been gaming that a single stage has ever made me just so happy to be playing it. That wasn't just a stage, that was an experience. David Wise is a goddamn genius.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Has this been discussed yet? So much for being irrelevant!

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Man the old K.Rool thread is back HUZZAH!!!

Hoping for a DK character announcement during tomorrow's Direct. Hoping being the key word.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
The bee is a pretty iconic enemy in the DKC series, so I'm not surprised by this.
K. Rool is the most iconic villain in the DKC series and yet he's still not playable. Given how the DK franchise was treated in the 3DS version, I'm surprised that we're getting more than just Barrel Blast model rips.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just a reminder friends that a Nintendo Direct is coming tomorrow evening. If anything, we're going to get Duck Hunt's trailer but you never know what else we might get... very unlikely a DLC announcement for K.Rool but hey, at this point, anything is possible.
#RaisingExpectationsSoTheyCanBeCrushedLater
Oh, Nintendo Direct? I was pretty much expecting a Nintendo Direct soon, hopefully we get some info on those many "major Nintendo franchise spinoffs" that were mentioned, perhaps including new DK spinoffs (regardless of what it is) with K. Rool's grand return! :D

But yeah, figures. Duck Hunt's going to get announced. I figured Duck Hunt would get announced this week, although I wasn't sure if we'd get a Direct this week.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Just found out about the Direct. The only thing I expect out of it is Duck Hunt's trailer. I hope they announce something about the DKC games on the Virtual Console.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just hope SOMETHING gets announced for DKCs 20th anniversary
Yeah, we need Diddy Kong Racing U. Also, finally bring DKC/DKL 1-3 over to the US. ^^

Just found out about the Direct. The only thing I expect out of it is Duck Hunt's trailer. I hope they announce something about the DKC games on the Virtual Console.
That's all anyone is expecting Smash-wise.

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
So this direct caught me completely off-guard this morning. I'm not getting my hopes up for anything Smash-wise other than Duck Hunt's trailer of course, but I'm super stoked for potential news on Splatoon (my new favorite game of all time)! :p

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Got my fingers crossed for news about DKC on the virtual console for North America. Though since they're out in Europe already, I don't expect much.

Would you mind translating that into Australian Eastern Standards Time, please? Just curious - May not end up watching, but Duck Hunt Duo's trailer is inevitable.:4duckhunt:
just do what i do............when timelines get to complex just ask how many hours left till it starts. i honsetly dont know what the heck my time zone is. someone should make a timeline.com thing to show how many hours left and then link it to everyone,so people that dont know jack about timezone(like me) can know the time.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
just do what i do............when timelines get to complex just ask how many hours left till it starts. i honsetly dont know what the heck my time zone is. someone should make a timeline.com thing to show how many hours left and then link it to everyone,so people that dont know jack about timezone(like me) can know the time.
Yeah, time zones are weird. I remember on the Ridley thread thanking them for introducing me to the concept of Ridley being playable (one day) and that we'd learn his fate within the hour; next time I checked, I was one whole day early.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, Duck Hunt trailer and a VC announcement for DKC's 20th is about what I expect. Maaaaaybe some Mewtwo footage.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Is there any reason we we Eurofolks got the Donkey Kong Country games on VC before the US?

I'm extremely happy that we've got 'em at all, don't get me wrong, but it seems like an strange release policy for such a big franchise; even stranger that you guys don't have 'em at all yet.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, Duck Hunt trailer and a VC announcement for DKC's 20th is about what I expect. Maaaaaybe some Mewtwo footage.
I kinda am thinking we may get a new DK game spinoff announcement. VC announcement for DKC's 20th anniversary is the LEAST they can do, honestly, they really need to announce an actual new DK game period. I'm hoping for several big DK announcements.

Is there any reason we we Eurofolks got the Donkey Kong Country games on VC before the US?

I'm extremely happy that we've got 'em at all, don't get me wrong, but it seems like an odd release policy for such a big franchise.
Its possible the US wanted the games to come out closer to the DKC 20th anniversary?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I doubt we'll see K. Rool tomorrow... but hey, some DKC VC love would be nice!

Eh Nintendo? EH NINTENDO!? :upsidedown:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Finally got Tropical Freeze today, and wow. Retro really knocked a homerun with this one. The Snowmads are a HUGE improvement over the Tikis (Not as good as the Kremlings, but c'est la vie), David Wise's music is top-notch, the extra Kongs add different options for getting through stages, the pulling mechanic is far better than the stupid blowing thing, and the level design has so far been even better than Returns. It's not an exaggeration to say that this is the best game on the Wii U. I'd consider it almost perfect if the Kremlings had shown up.
Idk if I'd go as far as best because wii u has some seriously impressive games but it was pretty great

Also I loved the Snowmads they're so clever

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'd like to know why King K Rool's trophy mentioned him having a change of heart?

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice

I'm extremely happy that we've got 'em at all, don't get me wrong, but it seems like an strange release policy for such a big franchise; even stranger that you guys don't have 'em at all yet.
Well, Rare was based in the UK, so I guess that might have something to do with it.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd like to know why King K Rool's trophy mentioned him having a change of heart?
It only suggested that perhaps K. Rool could have been an Animal Buddy for Donkey Kong, then says "think he'll have a change of heart? Not likely."

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
He doesn't. Once an enemy to the Kongs, always an enemy to the Kongs. It only said something along the lines of 'If only he had a change of heart or was one of DK's Animal Friends... On second thoughts, nope. Never gonna happen.'

Oh, and here's an interesting thing someone pointed out on Miiverse which I said on the former Ridley thread which is: The newcomers are being revealed in order of veteran series first, newcomer series next. Rosalina - Mario. Little Mac - Punch-Out!! Greninja - Pokémon. Mii Fighters - Super Smash Bros/Undefined. Palutena - Kid Icarus. Pac-Man - Pac-Man. Robin and Lucina - Fire Emblem. Shulk - Xenoblade. Bowser Jr. - Mario, and if this pattern serves true, then I think it's obvious Duck Hunt Dog will be getting his official trailer tomorrow. Not that I'm saying this is bad news for King K, but this is an interesting pattern. Wonder if they'll have a DLC pattern too...

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
He doesn't. Once an enemy to the Kongs, always an enemy to the Kongs. It only said something along the lines of 'If only he had a change of heart or was one of DK's Animal Friends... On second thoughts, nope. Never gonna happen.'

Oh, and here's an interesting thing someone pointed out on Miiverse which I said on the former Ridley thread which is: The newcomers are being revealed in order of veteran series first, newcomer series next. Rosalina - Mario. Little Mac - Punch-Out!! Greninja - Pokémon. Mii Fighters - Super Smash Bros/Undefined. Palutena - Kid Icarus. Pac-Man - Pac-Man. Robin and Lucina - Fire Emblem. Shulk - Xenoblade. Bowser Jr. - Mario, and if this pattern serves true, then I think it's obvious Duck Hunt Dog will be getting his official trailer tomorrow. Not that I'm saying this is bad news for King K, but this is an interesting pattern. Wonder if they'll have a DLC pattern too...
Well, Duck Hunt being a newcomer series, next in line would be a veteran series. Donkey Kong...? :D
Doubt it, but

Top Bottom