• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
We didn't get any new character DLC. That's the main DLC that everyone cares about, because characters are the most important part of smash bros, the character also gets instant fame and popularity. Smash is a big deal. Due to how passionate fans are about smash bros, Sakurai could possibly die at the hands of the fans if they get really mad at him.
Then that's the fault of us fans, not Sakurai himself. Sakurai makes some dumb decisions, but he doesn't do anything worth crucifying him over for. I also can't help it if the fans can't wait more than a few months for new characters. What? Stages aren't good enough? Would it be better if we had just gotten nothing? It takes time to develop characters. Let's be grateful he's not showing us K. Rool's render right at this moment, and then making us wait 6 months before we get him.

MainJPW

M.T.A
We didn't get any new character DLC. That's the main DLC that everyone cares about, because characters are the most important part of smash bros, the character also gets instant fame and popularity. Smash is a big deal. Due to how passionate fans are about smash bros, Sakurai could possibly die at the hands of the fans if they get really mad at him.
You should read over that last point again. Who in their right mind would kill a man over a video game?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Sadly, it's not unheard of. Hideo Kojima is famous for all of the death threats he's received. I wonder if he and his buddy Sakurai ever talk about irrationally angry fans over a couple of beers.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Then that's the fault of us fans, not Sakurai himself. Sakurai makes some dumb decisions, but he doesn't do anything worth crucifying him over for. I also can't help it if the fans can't wait more than a few months for new characters. What? Stages aren't good enough? Would it be better if we had just gotten nothing? It takes time to develop characters. Let's be grateful he's not showing us K. Rool's render right at this moment, and then making us wait 6 months before we get him.
The thing is, most of these characters that people want for DLC should already be in the default game but Sakurai decided to give us more unwanted obscure and none-familiar new characters (Mega Man, Little Mac, Bowser Jr., and Pac-Man being exceptions of course), not to mention a couple of other reasons outside the character roster in which I have a problem with this game but that's another story. I can't really blame some them for being a bit hostile towards him especially with all the snarky and trolly remarks he's said and done with K. Rool and Ridley.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Sadly, it's not unheard of. Hideo Kojima is famous for all of the death threats he's received. I wonder if he and his buddy Sakurai ever talk about irrationally angry fans over a couple of beers.
People like that really need to step away from gaming and reevaluate their lives. Threatening anyone over petty reasons is just unhealthy.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'd rather wait 6 months for Krool to be released then wait 6 months just to see if he'll even be confirmed for the game.
You should read over that last point again. Who in their right mind would kill a man over a video game?
There is an anti Sakurai Japanese website. Also there are people that have been killed or wounded because of a video game. That is a fact actually I'm not making that up. Smash becomes deadly when you realize just how much it represents, anyone playable in smash gains instant fame for the console generation, while every other character is shoved aside and deemed unimportant to Nintendo. Some people will have end up waiting for months and months only to have it all be for nothing. The mental stress could overwhelm some of them. Though if Sakurai does end up ******* off alot of fans, he needs to pretty much change his identity and go into hiding in order to stay safe, because smash fans can be deadly at times.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
People like that really need to step away from gaming and reevaluate their lives. Threatening anyone over petty reasons is just unhealthy.
Or anything for that matter, someone mentione a guy killing himself because his favorite anime character in Naruto died or something like that.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I love the Inklings, I dont mind the Inklings happening, I might even main boy Inkling until someone I want more appears. But I do wish they have happened during the ballot and not after the ballot. All that crying about K. Rool deconfirmed because of the costume would have been null and void. Geez!.

Also, I don't get why so many people got upset about these rumors. "Dont believe it guys, you are so stupid!" "And K. Rool is not happening stop having hope you idiot!". Live and let live I say. And to be honest, I don't think anyone believes that stuff 100%. Most of us are just toying with the idea because we bored our skulls out.

Anyways, I'll just go back to lurking and sometimes posting fun stuff about K. Rool. But Im done making fanart for now.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'd rather wait 6 months for Krool to be released then wait 6 months just to see if he'll even be confirmed for the game.

There is an anti Sakurai Japanese website. Also there are people that have been killed or wounded because of a video game. That is a fact actually I'm not making that up. Smash becomes deadly when you realize just how much it represents, anyone playable in smash gains instant fame for the console generation, while every other character is shoved aside and deemed unimportant to Nintendo. Some people will have end up waiting for months and months only to have it all be for nothing. The mental stress could overwhelm some of them. Though if Sakurai does end up ******* off alot of fans, he needs to pretty much change his identity and go into hiding in order to stay safe, because smash fans can be deadly at times.
That's...horrible. Sakurai is the reason we have Smash in the first place and the only way they could think to repay him is by killing him? That's extremely unwarranted and it's just downright evil.

It really shouldn't be that serious nor should it ever come to that point.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
That's...horrible. Sakurai is the reason we have Smash in the first place and the only way they could think to repay him is by killing him? That's extremely unwarranted and it's just downright evil.

True but sometimes the creator can get too much into his creation to the point where he gets corrupted and no longer cares about the fans or the games after doing it for a long time. Happens with movie stars and film makers all the time.

I do agree of course.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Sadly not all humans think that way. I personally hope he gives us really popular characters like Krool, Wolf, Bandanna Dee, Krystal and Isaac just so he can make the most people happy. All it takes is for one fan group to receive the same treatment the Ridley fans got from Sakurai and it could all explode.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

If you're referring to this, I think it's really bizarre and unfair to mention it within the same breath of death threats. The web site seems perfectly reasonable. Just very thorough with compiling the complaints about the game and Sakurai.

Also I think you are exaggerating. I'm not going to deny the fact that videogame developers receive death threats, but where is this happening and how is this relevant to this thread? Reads like some sort of e-mail forwarded by a paranoid relative. That is not to say that death threats should not be admonished; of course they should be. Sakurai and the development team don't deserve those comments even in jest. And I definitely do think the complaints about the lack of news are over the top, but it seems like a strange thing to keep talking about. The conversation seems misplaced.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If you're referring to this, I think it's really bizarre and unfair to mention it within the same breath of death threats. The web site seems perfectly reasonable. Just very thorough with compiling the complaints about the game and Sakurai.

Also I think you are exaggerating. I'm not going to deny the fact that videogame developers receive death threats, but where is this happening and how is this relevant to this thread? Reads like some sort of e-mail from my grandma.
In Sakurai's house in Japan and K. Rool is the one threatening to blow him out of the water with his blunderbuss, is that relevant enough to this thread?

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Have we really gone that low enough to claim that "undesirable" ballot results would lead to a life and death situation? This is outright embarrassing. We really shouldn't be overacting to a bunch of pathetic losers who, more-than-likely, would never even be able to follow up on their so-called death threats anyways (if they even exist, or exist in high enough numbers). It's making mountains out of molehills. Besides, if Ridley's exclusion didn't end up with this result, nobody else's will, not even K. Rool.

We need to move on from this morbid discussion, because it's pessimistic and we're pessimistic enough already. First and foremost, we should discuss K. Rool in a helpful and beneficial manner, not the state of mind of those with unpredictable mental illnesses. We need some good in this thread.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I love the Inklings, I dont mind the Inklings happening, I might even main boy Inkling until someone I want more appears. But I do wish they have happened during the ballot and not after the ballot. All that crying about K. Rool deconfirmed because of the costume would have been null and void. Geez!.

Also, I don't get why so many people got upset about these rumors. "Dont believe it guys, you are so stupid!" "And K. Rool is not happening stop having hope you idiot!". Live and let live I say. And to be honest, I don't think anyone believes that stuff 100%. Most of us are just toying with the idea because we bored our skulls out.

Anyways, I'll just go back to lurking and sometimes posting fun stuff about K. Rool. But Im done making fanart for now.
Meanwhile, we Inkling fans are waiting for K. Rool to come in as a forerunner of the ballot to finally prove that the costumes don't mean anything....

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
splatoon and the inklings are indeed first party while it is a ''third person shooter'' i'm ok with the real Inklings getting into Super Smash Bros but i'm staying with king k.rool until the very end that he gets in for sure or not i know how sakurai is when it comes to characters he won't pick the most i am also an splatoon player as well i do believe the inklings are popular but so is king k.rool

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Personal thoughts: three more slots is not the end, merely the next wave.
I think we have a few types of characters.

There are characters I just assume have been worked on: Ice Climbers and Wolf at the top of this list. Not that they are necessarily in the game, just two options that I think are possible. Neither can actually win the ballot choice (to be fair, no veteran can. Not without the entirety of the ballot being put into question). Ice Climbers, if in the game, would also be a poor choice to be paid for (we know they were set for base game, and the goal of DLC is explicitly stated to be NW content, or at least to appear that way). Appearances and PR matter-- particularly for something so well publicized for Nintendo.

Then we have other characters who are, well, grouped together, at least in my mind. Banjo Kazooie, Dixie, and King K Rool, being a set of these. I could see two of them getting in, sure- but being born of the same family, they are not different enough to be the sole choices. Again, just my perception, but regardless of any facts we all spout, we go mostly by impulses and desires for this game.

Final category; others. This would be for third party and shock characters. I know some renound leak finders may believe all the dlc is for third party- but, still, I think this would leave a poor taste in regard to what the ballot is. No Nintendo Star Power would, I believe send a message Nintendo would not condone, in this era where it is capitalizing immensely on their IPs (cross overs galore, mobile games, possible movies and TV, theme park...)

All things considered, I think we will get 6 more characters. Two more waves. My hope is that they will be in October and in December. It is, of course, hopeful- but seems to follow suit with DLC campaigns so far.
Randomly now>
Round one: Chibi Robo, Professor Layton, Wolf
Round two: Inkling, Captain Toad, Dixie

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Btw: I hope this:

is one of K.Rool's victory poses. Just imagine "AND THE WINNER IS....."

"KING KAY ROOL!"

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
That site makes me laugh, as the complaints there are more or less the exact same as the ones you hear all the time. Even K. Rool is brought up, as is the error in his Brawl trophy. Just goes to show you.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
splatoon and the inklings are indeed first party while it is a ''third person shooter'' i'm ok with the real Inklings getting into Super Smash Bros but i'm staying with king k.rool until the very end that he gets in for sure or not i know how sakurai is when it comes to characters he won't pick the most i am also an splatoon player as well i do believe the inklings are popular but so is king k.rool
The Phenomtaker doesn't believe in full stops.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Then that's the fault of us fans, not Sakurai himself.
No, it's Nintendo's fault since Smash basically dictates how many games are going to be handled

K.Rool's lack of presence in Brawl was the reason he wasn't in Returns/Tropical Freeze and why Diddy is forever glued to his peanut popguns and rocketbarrel. It's also why many idiots view the DK franchise as C-tier despite being Nintendo's second oldest franchise, its oldest continuing franchise, and its fourth highest selling franchise.

A good number of Fire Emblem Awakening Xenologue characters did have a major presence in Smash (Roy, Ike, Lyn) Despite most of their games being lackluster to he series' target audiences

Kid Icarus's revival is totally because of Brawl. And it's probably more popular than it would have been if Smash's creator wasn't the director of it

Shiek was going to be in Twilight Princess probably due to Melee making the spoiler "It was His Sled"

It's also why Nintendo "fans" complain about the lack of IPs Nintendo have despite Nintendo having 30+ of them

And there's the glaring implication that Nintendo is basically forcing Sakurai to keep making Smash Bros.

Face it, the fans HAVE to be rabid so their favorite franchise won't fall off the radar.

Stages aren't good enough?
When it's another Mario stage.... not really. Double funny because people were claiming that Tropical Freeze was "too recent"

Let's be grateful he's not showing us K. Rool's render right at this moment, and then making us wait 6 months before we get him.
Considering the DK franchise got so little attention as it is, I'm not holding my breath

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Here lets talk about what Krool's secret agent persona could be.
Agent 00K. Rool wears a rather tight suit that despite the shirt being buttoned, is ill fiitting and looks like the buttons want to pop off.

His main weapon is a peanut popgun pistol with a silencer. He charges and jumps around the screen firing that similar to an enlarged crocodile like Mega Man or Gunman Clive. A player has to sneak behind him by rolling under his jump, and then quickly hit him in the back with a rolling attack. If you try to jump on him, he will shoot upwards. After you hit him twice he will begin using more weapons from his arsenal, starting with his watch laser. Which works with a similar attack to Superman's heat vision in Injustice (Drags on the ground and goes upwards. The player must retreat back and jump). Once again the player must sneak behind Agent K. Rool and roll into him twice.

Getting hit like this has angered K. Rool and he hits a button on his watch and summons his super spy car, kicks the Kremling in the front seat out, and drives off. As he drives, the Kong's must run after and give chase while Klaptrap's are shot out of the trunk of K. Rool's spy car at the players who must avoid/jump on the klaptraps while giving chase. If they give chase long enough there is a rocket barrel right at the part that K. Rool's spy car sprouts wings and starts flying.

After shooting in the Barrel, The player hits a system of vines and must swing after the flying and fleeing Agent K. Rool, he must now evade Klaptraps from the trunk in addition to shots from K. Rool's popgun and watch laser while keeping pace and swinging between two-three separate elevations of rows of Vines. He must navigate himself to the top row, catch up with K. Rool, land on his car, and do a downward attack (Ground slap, Cranky Cane... give Diddy or Dixie something in this game to make up for it and Donkey something he can do in the air to make up for Cranky/Diddy/Dixie advantages) This makes the spy car (complete with N64 nostalgic sound effect) "Do a Barrel Roll" and the player must start the chase again from the lowest row of vines to complete their second attack, making the car fall to the ground and crash as the player lands in a barrel shot to the next battlefield.

Agent K. Rool escapes the burning wreckage, dusts off his sleeves, and prepares for combat again. This is just a retread of the on-foot version with watch lasers, two hits, move on.

K. Rool now shows he had a jetpack underneath that tight fitting blazer. He takes to the skies shooting downward as players must now chase him upwards via barrel cannons to yield two-on-top jumping attack hits. This finally makes the jetpack short, the entire Agent K. Rool suit ignites on fire, and K. Rool falls burning and screaming.

Kongs land and celebrate their victory when the beaten K. Rool's watch (which apparently fell nearby) starts ringing. Cranky picks up the watch and sees a video of Lord Fredrik and the Ghastly King demanding a status report on their Banana delivery.

The End?

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
Yeah, I mentioned it. That kid killed himself because Itachi died.
I thought another kid died because he was trying to blend in the sand or something that was from an episode. The kid tried to do the same thing but ended up dying because of it.

I thought another kid died because he was trying to blend in the sand or something that was from an episode. The kid tried to do the same thing but ended up dying because of it.
Wow, I haven't heard about that before. Naruto is really a dangerous show... :(

But we should get back on topic.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wow, I haven't heard about that before. Naruto is really a dangerous show... :(

But we should get back on topic.
Last thing to say.
The parents of that child sued Toonami for airing the show (which was PG-13 and played in the late evenings) and won, which is what caused it to be shut down for a few years.

NOW, K. Rool.

What would you want his "Persona" in DKCR3 to be?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Last thing to say.
The parents of that child sued Toonami for airing the show (which was PG-13 and played in the late evenings) and won, which is what caused it to be shut down for a few years.

NOW, K. Rool.

Well, we've (literally) missed the boat for ViKing K. Rool unless they pull some **** bring back Freddy and the gang as well. So I dunno, Konguistador K. Rool was always a good idea, so we could see something like that.

Or hell, maybe we could do something outrageous and Rare-tastic and have the Kremlings dress up as a horde of evil clowns, and all the worlds have an amusement park theme of some kind. Krazy K. Rool. He's just klowning around.

Also, I know I'm late af to this discussion, but if we get Inklings, it helps K. Rool immensely, because costumes wouldn't disqualify characters (whereas right now we can't say one way or another.)

It would also help that Inklins probably aren't ballot, although they could be, but I find it unlikely they'd need it.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I'd like to see a western-type of persona for K. Rool in DKCR3. I'd imagine him being a gun-slinging kroc with two pistols loaded with watermellon seeds or something. (To make the game remain kid friendly, of course) He could be like a cowboy wearing a brown cowboy hat and a sheriff's star with the Kremling Krossbones on it.

Either that or a Rare/PAON mix of his King design.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd honestly be okay with King or Kaptain this time 'round.

King is his most iconic design and would be fitting for a grand return.

Kaptain is nearly as iconic and I can see Retro redesigning K. Rool into Nintendo's "dread pirate" villain to steer clear of the "evil king" cliché.

If I had to pick a new persona, I think I'd go with Konkistador K. Rool. He can fight with a horde of battleships and a musket that fires Klaptraps!

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
GreenKirby GreenKirby summed up why Nintendo is in the state that it's in. Brawl was a hyped up game to the point where it was literally influencing series based on designs and even mechanics. It was also the perfect time to add in some characters that people are clamoring for now. While I think K. Rool has a chance to return in Donkey Kong, Smash is another story and I think our ship has already sailed with Brawl. It's likely why Wario Land is dead: All the focus went into WarioWare in Brawl and the one thing that made Wario Wario was removed in For. Shake It! was a fluke, one that I'm surprised actually saw a release.

Again, this campaign for King K. Rool is the best thing I've ever seen, as it's gained the attention of people who do play a hand in deciding if he returns or not. GreenKirby hit the nail on the head. If the fans aren't being persistent and pestering, they'll likely pretend we don't exist. Even if we come off as playing the victim, we're making our presence known at least.

Top Bottom