• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

EcneBanjo

Smash Rookie
NNID
EcneBanjo
3DS FC
2621-2723-1197
What if two stages get revealed along with a dixie and k. rool trailer? Have them introduce dixie as playable on a dkr or dktf stage then have the characters get knocked far away from it onto the ship in the cut scene which then introduces k. rool as playable and the gangplank galleon stage.
Oh my god, that would be amazing. I also want music from DKC2 n this game so badly.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Exactly. The new stages could very well be Gangplank Galleon and the Flying Krock :joyful:

And I wouldn't mind if DKC got 1 more rep as K. Rool, I don't think it's necessary to give them more reps just because other games have more reps. It isn't about what's fair to the representation of the game, it's about how well the roster complements each other. And even if K. Rool doesn't get in, DK and Diddy I think are enough.

I'm a bit against Dixie getting a slot though, I'd much rather prefer K. Rool, or no one so some other game could get a rep to fill that slot.
As a DK fan and knowing how popular the DK franchise is and how important it is to Nintendo history, I think both are good. No, if K. Rool doesn't make it, we need at least Dixie as well. I don't follow this logic. DK needs at least one newcomer. Better yet, both Dixie and K. Rool. I think that'd round off the DK roster nicely. Kirby has its main three, DK needs its main four. Bandana Dee isn't a "main" Kirby character. He's gaining importance, and he's the fourth-most important Kirby character at this point... but he's still not integral to the franchise. K. Rool and Dixie are both integral to the DK franchise.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
And with this, my second post, I officially declare my intention to become a Kutthroat. I already posted in the Dixie thread, but DK needs 4 reps. If DK makes it into SSB4 with only Donkey and Diddy I will be sorely disappointed.

Plus King K. Rool is just objectively awesome. With heavyweights seeming to be buffed this time around, I'd like to see Sakurai's take on him.
No other thread can say that they have a supporter welcoming ritual.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
No they cannot! Oh, how I have grown to love that song.

To ask a different question: Does anyone have any other ideas for iconic DK Stages? I always see GG or The Flying Kroc, but DK has so many salient and recognizeable environments there are many good stage ideas.

A couple off the top of my head: A stage based off of the various Bramble levels, where hitting brambles would both damage and knockback characters. Zingers could be moving or stationary stage hazards. Also - a moving Minecart stage. Minecart levels seem to be a tradition and signature of the type of platforming DK is known for: Challenge, Memorization, and Reflex. A perpetual, large, moving minecart stage could theoretically force characters to dodge enemies placed along the path, and jump onto new minecarts periodically as one falls into the abyss.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
If I had room in my sig Id put one of the buttons on. seriously. he needs to be in. Riots will ensue

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
As a DK fan and knowing how popular the DK franchise is and how important it is to Nintendo history, I think both are good. No, if K. Rool doesn't make it, we need at least Dixie as well. I don't follow this logic. DK needs at least one newcomer. Better yet, both Dixie and K. Rool. I think that'd round off the DK roster nicely. Kirby has its main three, DK needs its main four. Bandana Dee isn't a "main" Kirby character. He's gaining importance, and he's the fourth-most important Kirby character at this point... but he's still not integral to the franchise. K. Rool and Dixie are both integral to the DK franchise.
There really isn't much logic lol, personally I just don't think Dixie has much potential or that she is unique enough. But Sakurai is a smart guy so if it happens I wouldn't necessarily hate it.

Or rather, I mainly feel this way because every newcomer that isn't Geno, I'm a little indifferent towards :p

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Just a test, I use mobile a lot so I usually have to copy and paste the video from other comments

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I think King K. Rool is utterly precious (lolwut?). But seriously, I 100% support him! I want this guy, I need this guy in Smash!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Do we all agree on this?:

The stage? Definitely not. If we get a DKC2 stage, its going to be the Flying Croc, but mostlikely K. Rool's stage would just be Gangplank Galleon. Also, the Kirby had would probably be Kirby just with K. Rool's crown and cape, not K. Rool's head. The Ground pound could be K. Rool's Down Special, though I'd prefer something else.

As long as he gets the Kaptain K. Rool alternate costume I agree!

Although.. Cauldron Kruise.. Ehh.. I think Flying Krock or a Bramble Ramble would be better!
Bramble Ramble would work for a DKC2 stage, but not a K. Rool stage.

I think King K. Rool is utterly precious (lolwut?). But seriously, I 100% support him! I want this guy, I need this guy in Smash!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
As long as he gets the Kaptain K. Rool alternate costume I agree!

Although.. Cauldron Kruise.. Ehh.. I think Flying Krock or a Bramble Ramble would be better!
Now that I think about it, it would be wickedly awesome fighting high in the sky on the Flying Krock.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I'd say we've got a 100% chance of getting at least one, and a 60% chance of getting both. 85% for K. Rool and 65% for Dixie. I think the LACK of DK content is actually what tells me we're going to get a huge boatload of DK content announced later.
To me, there's a 200% chance we'll get K. Rool and Dixie Kong. Don't question it, because for me this has become a matter of faith, excluding whatever sort of reason others would look for.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I swear if SSB4 ends up with 4 FE reps, 3 Starfox reps, 3 Kirby reps and 2 DK reps I will... uh.... cut somebody off in traffic.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
When the 3ds version comes out, I'm gonna play only as K. Rool all the while long at least until the Wii U version comes out to make up for all the time I should've played as him in Brawl and probably even Melee.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
No they cannot! Oh, how I have grown to love that song.

To ask a different question: Does anyone have any other ideas for iconic DK Stages? I always see GG or The Flying Kroc, but DK has so many salient and recognizeable environments there are many good stage ideas.

A couple off the top of my head: A stage based off of the various Bramble levels, where hitting brambles would both damage and knockback characters. Zingers could be moving or stationary stage hazards. Also - a moving Minecart stage. Minecart levels seem to be a tradition and signature of the type of platforming DK is known for: Challenge, Memorization, and Reflex. A perpetual, large, moving minecart stage could theoretically force characters to dodge enemies placed along the path, and jump onto new minecarts periodically as one falls into the abyss.
How about the battle arena from DK64, or is that too final destination like? Otherwise, I'm thinking maybe a hideout helm stage with the blastomatic in the background and kremlings as stage hazards along with some moving platforms. Crocodile Isle could be nice too.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
When the 3ds version comes out, I'm gonna play only as K. Rool all the while long at least until the Wii U version comes out to make up for all the time I should've played as him in Brawl and probably even Melee.
ehhh DIddy had more preference for Melee.

I feel Diddy shouldve been in Melee with Wario instead of the slew of clones we got and k Rool shouldve been in Brawl.

Melee had such a weak/half assed roster

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
If there are stage hazards, do you guys think there should be more enemies that appear on them besides kritters and klaptraps?

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that would love a minecart-themed stage? Minecarts filled with bananas going along rails would act as platforms and they could randomly link together to make bigger platforms and disconnect. The Final Destination version would just have about 5 carts linked together that never disconnect to make one big, flat platform. Did anyone else hear the Rocket Barrel theme remix that was played during the item showcase during the Smash Bros. direct? Maybe there'll be a rocket barrel-themed stage?

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that would love a minecart-themed stage? Minecarts filled with bananas going along rails would act as platforms and they could randomly link together to make bigger platforms and disconnect. The Final Destination version would just have about 5 carts linked together that never disconnect to make one big, flat platform. Did anyone else hear the Rocket Barrel theme remix that was played during the item showcase during the Smash Bros. direct? Maybe there'll be a rocket barrel-themed stage?
I like that idea too. In the normal stage, the minecarts could also fall off tracks, requiring fighters to jump onto a new one - like the Pilotwings stage.

Top Bottom