• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
So im just curious what is every-bodies confidence level for K. Rool being playble. Right now Im at a 70% chub due to the kremlings, lack of a dk newcomer and stage.
I think anyone who truly supports K. Rool should act like there's 100% chance he'll get in. If not, then that's not full support. That's only 70% support.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So im just curious what is every-bodies confidence level for K. Rool being playble. Right now Im at a 70% chub due to the kremlings, lack of a dk newcomer and stage.
I'm going to go 50/50. K. Rool is the newcomer I would feel most comfortable betting on but there are many characters in Smash Bros who I would never have rated highly that I don't feel confident trying to give a more specific score.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sales/number of games isn't everything in the world of Smash.
Not entirely, but Sales do directly correlate to popularity. There should be a generally followed rule that more popular franchises get priority over less popular ones, as long as they have worthwhile characters to add.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I think anyone who truly supports K. Rool should act like there's 100% chance he'll get in. If not, then that's not full support. That's only 70% support.
I do agree, however putting 100% hope into anything just means if you don't get it you'll crash and burn from disappointment. I like to keep myself open to disappointment so it dosent hurt to much when I don't get what I want

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At this point I can only have about 50% confidence though that goes with any newcomer at this point even the ones I really want to see in.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I do agree, however putting 100% hope into anything just means if you don't get it you'll crash and burn from disappointment. I like to keep myself open to disappointment so it dosent hurt to much when I don't get what I want
I can take the hurt. I mean, it's not like I'd kill myself over it.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
If we were all 100% sure that he would get in then this wouldn't be a support thread, would it? We'd be discussing him in his own sub-forum. However, as it stands right now King K. Rool is not confirmed or deconfirmed, so his probability is somewhere between 0% and 100% non-inclusive.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If we were all 100% sure that he would get in then this wouldn't be a support thread, would it? We'd be discussing him in his own sub-forum. However, as it stands right now King K. Rool is not confirmed or deconfirmed, so his probability is somewhere between 0% and 100% non-inclusive.
I'm just saying we should be more optimistic. But if you don't want to, that's fine.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
At this point, I have absolutely no idea where I stand on K. Rool's chances. I want to say that I'm confident he'll be in with all the apparent love classic DKC is getting, but this is Sakurai we're talking about here.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I can take the hurt. I mean, it's not like I'd kill myself over it.
I don't think anyone would do that.....

Atleast I'd hope not.

Anyway I'm just saying I always like to leave room for disappointment. This is Smash Bros, the game where Captain Falcon appeared in the game before Bowser......

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I wanna say if we get a big Villain reveal trailer, I don't think K. Rool will be part of it. He may be a big baddie, but I don't think he'll fit in with some of the darker villains we may have hiding in the roster. If anything I think he'll be revealed before hand with Dixie.

That way, we have 3 King Baddies announced first, being Bowser Dedede and K.Rool.

Event Match: Three Trouble Kings Anyone?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'm starting to lose my mind over this, K. Rool better be revealed soon or I'm going to go to Sakurai and do this!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
If we do get a Gangplank Galleon stage, I think this should be the default song:

Or should it be this:

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Got to admit it's not every day you see a thread this devoted to it's character, haven't seen a thread so huge since the Ridley and shulk threads, count me in as a k.rool supporter :)

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Got to admit it's not every day you see a thread this devoted to it's character, haven't seen a thread so huge since the Ridley and shulk threads, count me in as a k.rool supporter :)
I give k rool a low chance. He's my most wanted, but I can totally see sakurai turning him into a boss, and I think he will unfortunately. K rool being in makes too much sense!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I support K. Rool enough to make fanart of him and maining him so hard when the game is released to the point they can make combo videos out of my gameplay. But lets just say I'm already thinking of an emergency plan... What does look more like K. Rool? Green Bowser or green Charizard?.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I support K. Rool enough to make fanart of him and maining him so hard when the game is released to the point they can make combo videos out of my gameplay. But lets just say I'm already thinking of an emergency plan... What does look more like K. Rool? Green Bowser or green Charizard?.
My tears when he's deconfirmed :(

I'd say bowser as well, Charizard has wings...

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I could also play DK in honor of King K. Rool's greatest rival. Or Dixie in case she makes it in and K. Rool doesn't as a sign of good sportsmanship.

But enough about being doomsayer. I still think that K. Rool has a big chance, around 90%. I think Robin showed me that Sakurai really listens to the fans around here and might be reading these forums RIGHT NOW! PLSPUTKROOLINSMASH!!!.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Has anyone ever thought about what K. Rool's on-stage appearance and victory animations should be? My idea for on-stage appearance is him just dropping down from the sky and landing on the ground but when he hits the ground, it makes that crashing sound effect when he lands after a big leap in DKC and then some cannonballs start raining down on him and he's like OH GEEZ OW CRAP DAMMIT!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Has anyone ever thought about what K. Rool's on-stage appearance and victory animations should be? My idea for on-stage appearance is him just dropping down from the sky and landing on the ground but when he hits the ground, it makes that crashing sound effect when he lands after a big leap in DKC and then some cannonballs start raining down on him and he's like OH GEEZ OW CRAP DAMMIT!
For victory screen I think the laugh he does at the Game Over sequence of DK64 (with the video previously posted in this page) would be spot-on. For on-stage appearence. I was thinking something like the start of his encounter at the Lost World in DKC2 where he appears dripping and his Blunderbuss spits fishes, with his classic face at the end. This is all depending if K. Rool is represented as a Kaptain, at least it would fit more.

I hope that K. Rool gets his personality from DK64. He was almost as fun to watch as Gruntilda.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Hello, King K.rool thread. I would like to join and support K.rool's inclusion as well. In fact, he's my second most wanted character for smash bros. 4 behind Mewtwo.

With the Kremlin's being enemies in Smash Run, the huge universal popularity, especially in Japan, and the fact his moveset potential is off the charts. I think gives him a huge chance of being a playable character and I truly believe he will. It would be an awesome inclusion and I can already imagine a very cool moveset for him. Plus Bowser and to an extent King dedede need another baddy to join the villain gang.

You guys have my support. Hail to the King of the Crocs!

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. That's why I'm pretty open about the fact while I really truly want King K. Rool playable in Smash Bros I just can't say for sure. 100% hope is what I have for certain. Slightly less for expectations. But only slightly.

In other stuff, admittedly unrelated to K. Rool. (But related in a roundabout way.)

Story: I'm outta practice for drawing DK. I sketched him a bit in my animation and he looked like powdered ass. So figured I'd give that Art Academy thing a try. (First try) Sat at my comp with Gamepad and the big blown-up picture of DK in Smash 4 for reference. Not too shabby.

Yeah, I know it's not the thread but I don't know who else would be interested.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. That's why I'm pretty open about the fact while I really truly want King K. Rool playable in Smash Bros I just can't say for sure. 100% hope is what I have for certain. Slightly less for expectations. But only slightly.

In other stuff, admittedly unrelated to K. Rool. (But related in a roundabout way.)

Story: I'm outta practice for drawing DK. I sketched him a bit in my animation and he looked like powdered ***. So figured I'd give that Art Academy thing a try. (First try) Sat at my comp with Gamepad and the big blown-up picture of DK in Smash 4 for reference. Not too shabby.

Yeah, I know it's not the thread but I don't know who else would be interested.
That's a really nice drawing by the way. I like it a lot.

Very true. You do have to be careful with a character you want. I guess for me. When disappointment happens, I'm used to it and I try to think of the positives when it happens and think of the things that make up for it. In the end, supporters at least try, despite the outcome. I really do think K.rool has a good chance of being in.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I brought this up earlier, but I'm posting GIF evidence here that the Kritters in Smash Run are inspired by DK64, where one of the Kritter mechanics pounds his head against the Blast-o-Matic to "repair" it.

DK64:

Smash Run:

Tell me that's a coincidence, I dare you.

Also, based on the DK64 inspiration, I'm led to think that "Large Kremling" may in fact be. . .

. . .this guy.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Guys... I want him. So badly. I can barely contain it. Everyday is just hoping for a K. Rool reveal. The over-whelming joy I felt when Diddy was revealed... I wanna relive it.

He's gonna be here. Anything less than that would be disappointing.

I BELIEVE. SAKURAI, DO YOU HEAR ME?!?! I BELIEVE HE'S GONNA BE PLAYABLE!!

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I brought this up earlier, but I'm posting GIF evidence here that the Kritters in Smash Run are inspired by DK64, where one of the Kritter mechanics pounds his head against the Blast-o-Matic to "repair" it.
Tell me that's a coincidence, I dare you.
Also, based on the DK64 inspiration, I'm led to think that "Large Kremling" may in fact be. . .
. . .this guy.
OMG! Sakurai does care!

Guys... I want him. So badly. I can barely contain it. Everyday is just hoping for a K. Rool reveal. The over-whelming joy I felt when Diddy was revealed... I wanna relive it.

He's gonna be here. Anything less than that would be disappointing.

I BELIEVE. SAKURAI, DO YOU HEAR ME?!?! I BELIEVE HE'S GONNA BE PLAYABLE!!

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Been a follower of this thread for quite awhile now. King K. Rool is at the top of my newcomer wishlist and would love to see him finally playable. This game needs more villains and I believe K. Rool would make a great addition to roster. I would like to be added to the Kutthroats!

Last edited:

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I have all my eggs in K Rool's basket.

If he isn't in I will be crushed but I am too emotionally involved in him as a character to not give him my 100%.

At least if Dixie is in, it would soften the landing per say.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Been a follower of this thread for quite awhile now. King K. Rool is at the top of my newcomer wishlist and would love to see him finally playable. This game needs more villains and I believe K. Rool would make a great addition to roster. I would like to be added to the Kuttthroats!
YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS KUTTHROATS

Top Bottom