• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ArturoLamilla

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArturoWiiU
As you guys here would probably be interested as well, someone from DKVine reached out to me and asked me to specify more about my Chunky sightings, so I made the following post over there detailing what exactly I saw and what exactly happened.

"Hey guys, it's me, wildvine47, the apparently now-infamous Chunky reporter. I got a personal message over on Smashboards telling me that you guys had some questions about what I saw way back when and all of the stuff I posted about, so here goes.

I was at the Schaumburg Best Buy for Smashfest, and we were on the Colosseum Stage. I was playing as Wii Fit Trainer, and I remember that the person who picked up the AT to unleash him was Pikachu. When he was released, he stood in place for a few seconds, then jumped into the air, and did a ground pound (which unfortunately no one was underneath, meaning I don't know if the pound itself does damage), rumbling the screen a bit. Afterwards, bananas fell down from the top of the screen in his general area, and they bopped people on the head, doing really light hits that made people flinch. A few bananas were left behind as peels. After the banana rain ended, he looked at the camera, shrugged, and disappeared. I do not have video of him, as my friend and cameraman was stopped from recording videos after one of the matches (as you can see here:.., and Chunky appeared in a later one.

As for the Cranky Trophy, it was on Smash Run on the 3DS. I played Yoshi and spent most of the time toying around with his changed moves, but grabbed up some goodies along the way. In-game they showed up as question marks, but afterwards at the results screen, it showed that one of the trophies I picked up was Cranky's, the same one from Brawl it seemed.

That's all of the DK-related content I got out of Smashfest. I really am sorry I didn't get the footage, as I would've liked to have some proof to back myself up, but if nothing else there are quite a few scattered other reports around the net and on Smashboards that have also seen him. While I'm confident in what I saw, and AFAIK all of the rest of the non-DK information in my post way back when has also been confirmed to be genuine, without pictures or video, I myself would also take it with a heavy grain of salt had I not seen it myself. Hopefully some footage comes to light or he gets shown on the Dojo sooner rather than later so we can finally put the matter to rest.

If anyone has any other specific questions, I can answer them as well."

So yeah, I have nothing further on the Chunky situation thus far, but I tried to describe it in as much detail as I can remember. Sorry about that guys. Maybe this recent influx of leakers can give us all final confirmation on Chunky, so I can stop getting hate messages from people about it :/
I believe in you man. That Chunky Kong A.T. could mean that K. Rool is in the game as a playable character. It wouldnt be fair if K. Rool or Dixie are not playable because we've already got four Fire Emblem characters. I love Fire Emblem too, but I think that Sakurai must add at least 4 DK characters to be fair with the franchise and the fans.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Look at this!

Yes, it is a Paper Mario stage but this is from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. The most popular Paper Mario game (or one of the favourites anyway). I think this could help the chance of a stage from one of the original DKC games. Thousand year door isn't really new but it is popular like the original DKC trilogy (except for DKC3).

Most of the stages revealed are from recent games and others are clearly retro. This is pretty much the first time we've got a stage that was for the fanbase.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Hey guys! Look at this!

Yes, it is a Paper Mario stage but this is from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. The most popular Paper Mario game (or one of the favourites anyway). I think this could help the chance of a stage from one of the original DKC games. Thousand year door isn't really new but it is popular like the original DKC trilogy (except for DKC3).

Most of the stages revealed are from recent games and others are clearly retro. This is pretty much the first time we've got a stage that was for the fanbase.

Speaking of DK3 how does Sakurai become the ULTIMATE troll....

Kiddy Kong confirmed

Tubbers09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tubbers09
3DS FC
4811-7028-1398
Switch FC
5712-1549-9596
Hey everybody! I've been lurking here for a while but made an account so I can voice my support for K.Rool! The DKC games were some of the first games I ever played and they mean a lot to me. So please add me to the kutthroats as from today forward I am one of you.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I support King K.Rool too! I want him to be playable. Add me to the supporters!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We got a pirate ship stage on the 3DS.

It's time for WiiU's Pirate Ship stage to set sail. ;)

Last edited:

G1_Shockwave

Smash Cadet
Without Ridley and K. Roll they might as well rename it to, “Super Smash Bros. Protagonists. “
Right now they have Bowser and Dedede, who is on the fence as a villain.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I support King K.Rool too! I want him to be playable. Add me to the supporters!
Hey everybody! I've been lurking here for a while but made an account so I can voice my support for K.Rool! The DKC games were some of the first games I ever played and they mean a lot to me. So please add me to the kutthroats as from today forward I am one of you.
I really think Donkey Kong needs another rep, so count me in.
K Rool is Jabba's kind of scum. Add me to your support. I love the big guy, he was my best man to leah.

-Jabba
Welcome Kutthroats!
God I love this ritual

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
What, you don't like the dong-expanding sexiness of DK's voice?
I'm just a bit confused on why they don't take that sexy voice and put it back on DK instead of his dumb gorilla noises. I would much more appreciate his sexy, dong-expanding voice than his over-exaggerated gorilla noises.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm just a bit confused on why they don't take that sexy voice and put it back on DK instead of his dumb gorilla noises. I would much more appreciate his sexy, dong-expanding voice than his over-exaggerated gorilla noises.
You are not alone friend. One day that voice will return with DK, and he'll shower us all in coconut cream pies

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Totally loving the new Paper Mario stage, but I don't think it really affects the chances of a Gangplank Galleon stage. If one were to appear, it would most likely be on the Wii U instead.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
With that sig, you're welcome anytime.
Welcome Kutthroats!
God I love this ritual

Agreed... :D

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Totally loving the new Paper Mario stage, but I don't think it really affects the chances of a Gangplank Galleon stage. If one were to appear, it would most likely be on the Wii U instead.
I think we'll just get Pirate Ship back. Regardless, I still don't see why Gangplank Galleon has to sail, but either way, I'd far prefer the Flying Croc at this point. Still, any one of them would be awesome. :D

Here, have a Crocodile Cacophany!

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd assume a Gangplank Galleon stage would work with quite a close-up camera, like in the boss fight against K. Rool. Thus making it very different from the other ships, as it wouldn't necessarily show the whole ship but rather just a section of it. Or I don't know, that's the vision I have, might differ from the ones of more passionate and knowledgeable supporters haha!

It doesn't really affect anything either way. Not that two or three or more ship-based stages would be a problem in my book.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I support the inklusion of King K. Rool in Smash Bros. We REALLY need more villain kharacters in the line-up. It's krazy that the King wasn't inkluded in the roster yet.

Sign me up as a Kutthroat! I fully support him (among my other 5 hopes and dreams).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I support the inklusion of King K. Rool in Smash Bros. We REALLY need more villain kharacters in the line-up. It's krazy that the King wasn't inkluded in the roster yet.

Sign me up as a Kutthroat! I fully support him (among my other 5 hopes and dreams).
Actually, I can understand why K. Rool wasn't in. There's several things that kept him from being included, not the least of which is the fact that Diddy wasn't added to Melee. If Diddy was added to Melee, everyone would've found K. Rool to be a shoe-in for Brawl.

As for Diddy not being in Melee, I've heard a valid explanation. Prior to Rare's buyout, although Nintendo owned Diddy they basically considered Diddy "Rare's" character, so they didn't ever use Diddy or the Kongs in anything except Donkey Kong games, which Rare developed. Once Rare was bought out, they started using Diddy, and Diddy was a shoe-in for Brawl because of this.

K. Rool would've never gotten in over Diddy, ever. Now, over Dixie its incredibly possible, although I think at this point its quite likely we get both.

Anyway,

Kan't u see ur one of us? :D

I'd assume a Gangplank Galleon stage would work with quite a close-up camera, like in the boss fight against K. Rool. Thus making it very different from the other ships, as it wouldn't necessarily show the whole ship but rather just a section of it. Or I don't know, that's the vision I have, might differ from the ones of more passionate and knowledgeable supporters haha!

It doesn't really affect anything either way. Not that two or three or more ship-based stages would be a problem in my book.
I've always been thinking it'd be more like in DKC2 where its the ruins of Gangplank Galleon. If they make it frozen over with a frozen DK Isle in the backdrop, they can reference Tropical Freeze as well and call it "Glacier Galleon."

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Lately everyone is getting their stage revealed but the DK series. Should we expect it has something to do with a certain incoming reveal?
As for Gangplank Galleon, I personally dont care if we get instead a Tropical Freeze stage or a DKCR stage for the 3DS version. What matters is that we get the Rool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If Mario can get four or more stages on the 3DS, it'd be the least they could do to give DK two stages on the Wii U, one from the new games, one from the old. Personally, Sunset Shore and Gangplank Galleon are my hopes.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
DK has gotten 2 stages per game since Melee, and in this case the stages are doubled because it applies to both versions. So yeah, I'd be astonished if we don't get both one stage from the new games, and a classic stage from past games, too. Gangplank Galleon is still my bet, but right now I'm really hoping we actually get the Flying Croc.

And hey, we could get Gangplank Galleon in the 3DS version and Flying Croc on the Wii U. Technically, Gangplank Galleon could also be counted as Dixie's stage, since the first time she ever appeared was on the DKC2 Gangplank Galleon. The Flying Croc would just fit so well alongside the Halberd and Great Fox, as well, while still having a very distinct design.

Maybe I'm just hoping too much. :p

EcneBanjo

Smash Rookie
NNID
EcneBanjo
3DS FC
2621-2723-1197
What a joke if Fire Emblem gets 4 reps and DK only gets 2. I still think Dixie is more likely than K. Rool, but I'll take either at this point. I'm not holding my breath though. If I had to put money on it, I don't think we will get either. I would LOVE to be wrong, however.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
What a joke if Fire Emblem gets 4 reps and DK only gets 2. I still think Dixie is more likely than K. Rool, but I'll take either at this point. I'm not holding my breath though. If I had to put money on it, I don't think we will get either. I would LOVE to be wrong, however.
Yea, fire emblem is great and all but dk us the most underrepresented franchise in smash.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yea, fire emblem is great and all but dk us the most underrepresented franchise in smash.
Which makes it very suspicious we have NO DK stages whatsoever, and DK tends to always have two stages... Kinda interesting, really...

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
And with this, my second post, I officially declare my intention to become a Kutthroat. I already posted in the Dixie thread, but DK needs 4 reps. If DK makes it into SSB4 with only Donkey and Diddy I will be sorely disappointed.

Plus King K. Rool is just objectively awesome. With heavyweights seeming to be buffed this time around, I'd like to see Sakurai's take on him.

EcneBanjo

Smash Rookie
NNID
EcneBanjo
3DS FC
2621-2723-1197
Yeah, I mean I love Fire Emblem as much as the next guy, but it doesn't deserve more representation that Donkey Kong, let alone 2 more reps. What chances do you guys think Dixie and K Rool legitimately have? I'm not feeling very confident at this point.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I mean I love Fire Emblem as much as the next guy, but it doesn't deserve more representation that Donkey Kong, let alone 2 more reps. What chances do you guys think Dixie and K Rool legitimately have? I'm not feeling very confident at this point.
I'd say we've got a 100% chance of getting at least one, and a 60% chance of getting both. 85% for K. Rool and 65% for Dixie. I think the LACK of DK content is actually what tells me we're going to get a huge boatload of DK content announced later.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'd say we've got a 100% chance of getting at least one, and a 60% chance of getting both. 85% for K. Rool and 65% for Dixie. I think the LACK of DK content is actually what tells me we're going to get a huge boatload of DK content announced later.
I would love a Smash Direct focused on DK content at the anniversary of any DK game. XD Doubt it'll happen, though.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I would love a Smash Direct focused on DK content at the anniversary of any DK game. XD Doubt it'll happen, though.
I don't think we'd get an entire Direct focused on just DK content, no Direct would do that. But a trailer, definitely.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What if two stages get revealed along with a dixie and k. rool trailer? Have them introduce dixie as playable on a dkr or dktf stage then have the characters get knocked far away from it onto the ship in the cut scene which then introduces k. rool as playable and the gangplank galleon stage.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
But at the same time, it excites me, because it means that Sakurai could be planning something.
Exactly. The new stages could very well be Gangplank Galleon and the Flying Krock :joyful:

And I wouldn't mind if DKC got 1 more rep as K. Rool, I don't think it's necessary to give them more reps just because other games have more reps. It isn't about what's fair to the representation of the game, it's about how well the roster complements each other. And even if K. Rool doesn't get in, DK and Diddy I think are enough.

I'm a bit against Dixie getting a slot though, I'd much rather prefer K. Rool, or no one so some other game could get a rep to fill that slot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom