• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 26, 2014] SLAST @ Headshots - Smells Like a Smash Tournament (Wichita, KS)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yo, this is Mr. Doom, get it right.

I'm running a SSBB tournament. Come to it. Or not...

If there's enough interest, I might run Project M instead. I would have to put up rules for that, then, wouldn't I?

KANSAS WICHITA, KS​

In the Middle of "Nowhere"
Brings You

Another smash tournament. I'm not apologizing for the corny title this time, so get wrecked. Anyway, Wichita, KS is trying to start a tri-monthly, or something like that. Are you interested? You better be.

NOTICE: This tournament is going to be conducted in a bar.
YES. A BAR. COME GET FOOD AND DRINK. Also, be sure to take care of the wait staff, because they'll work hard to take care of you.
Believe me, I've been in that situation for three years.

Tournament Schedule
Schedule of Events (all in Central Daylight Time)
We don't have much time, but I'll make sure things are taken care of.
4:00 PM = Doors open. Registration begins. We'll do bracket seeding after the regristration line dies.
5:00 PM = Brawl Singles begin.
10:00 PM = Wrap up of tournament. If you have an ID and are over the age of 21, have a drink.
Please be punctual at this tournament and play your matches when it is your turn to play them. We will NOT hesitate to disqualify you if you're twelve (12) minutes late.
Please be here on time. Please be here on time. Please be here on time.

Address:
Headshots Bar and Grill
6140 East 21st St N #170
Wichita, KS 67208
Headshots is located on the northwest corner of 21st and Woodlawn. It is right behind the Lava Lounge. You'll see the store with a crosshair targeting a martini glass, all colored in red.

Fees/Events:
Brawl 1v1: $10
No refunds! It messes up the pot amount.

.__________________________________________.

RULES

SSBB

• This tournament will be a "Double Elimination." If you lose in the Winners' Bracket, you will be sent to the Losers' Bracket, and you will have to play many more sets in order to advance to Grand Finals. If you lose in the Losers' Bracket, it's GAME OVER for you! So get it right by advancing all the way to Grand Finals on the Winners' side of the bracket.
  • Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with an 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • Set format (In Order of Procedure) as follows:
  • For Game 1 of each set, the Player with the lower port must strike one (1) Stage from the list of Starter Stages. The higher ported Player must then strike two (2) Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower-ported Player must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages. (*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match)
  • All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors/Game&Watch Judgment.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects. That also includes epic knees that freeze the game, and anything fail that makes the wii believe it should freeze.
  • By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible (but that's highly unlikely), and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.
  • The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
    4 Minutes Late: Warning
    8 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
    12 Minutes Late: Loss of set
  • People who advance to Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals must not be late, for they are ALSO subjected to this DQ rule.
  • The Mike Haze rule: No shouting at the opponent to intentionally disrupt his/her concentration on the game. You do it, and you'll be disqualified. I know you guys like to be all hype and stuff, but people really need to concentrate.
  • The Kyle rule: No hypin' Mr. Doom in an insane/hilarious way during Mr. Doom's hype matches. It makes him goof up and not take the match seriously. No johns.

Specific rules

King DeDeDe's Chaingrab: You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal. You can do Wall infinites only until your opponent's damage exceeds 150%.

Ice Climber's Chaingrab: You can chain grab in place only until your opponent is at 300%. Exceeding 300% is an act of STALLING.

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking, however, is a perfect example. If I see it, you WILL lose that game. No warnings!

Edge Grab Limit Rule

Players are allowed to grab the edge a TOTAL of 35 times PER MATCH (assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose that game. If both players exceed the limit by a single edge grab, the game resets to a 1-stock 4-minute game. This is only if players run the clock to time.

Stages

Starter:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter-pick:
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheum
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2

If a stage you see is not on the list and you would like to go there and the other player agrees to it, then you can play out the game on that stage. Otherwise, see below.

Banned: Everything else. YOU CANNOT PLAY ON ANY OTHER STAGE.

And that's all for the rules.

PAYOUTS

Singles
1st - 48%*
2nd - 22%*
3rd - 14%*
4th - 8%**
5th - 4% each
*Should less than 32 people show up to an event for any reason, payouts will be altered to 55/30/15 for Singles
**Should less than 64 people show up to an event, payouts will be altered to 55/30/10/5

Payouts will be rounded and equalized in accordance to "fairness." If you have a question regarding what that means, speak with your TO.

Payout is subject to change if the attendance increases dramatically.

If you see that there is some information missing, please AIM Mr. Doom so that he can get it right.
Thank you in advance! And prepare yourself for the (not so) great beyond!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
SLAST was my first tournament. Perhaps it's fitting it might also be my last :)

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I'm interested, this will be my first smash tournament if I end up going.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Due to unforseen, unfortunate circumstances, I must regret to inform you that this tournament has been rescheduled to July 26, 2014. However, someone has agreed to sponsor a $100 pot bonus. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Edit: If there is an overwhelming interest (meaning more want to Project M instead of Brawl), then I will more than likely run a Project M tournament as well. Currently, the pot bonus is for SSBB, but we may have a change of heart.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Due to unforseen, unfortunate circumstances, I must regret to inform you that this tournament has been rescheduled to July 26, 2014. However, someone has agreed to sponsor a $100 pot bonus. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Edit: If there is an overwhelming interest (meaning more want to Project M instead of Brawl), then I will more than likely run a Project M tournament as well. Currently, the pot bonus is for SSBB, but we may have a change of heart.
If you also did a pm tourney, would we have to bring another 10 to enter?

DeLux

I really can't make it to the moved date, but I'll tell the other NoKan players to go

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
It is quite early to tell. However, just be sure to bring the extra 10. I may change the fees, though.

Sund

Smash Rookie
I would no doubt come to this if you had a PM side event. I could even bring an extra setup, if that would help.

DeLux

Put the pot bonus into a free amateur bracket imo

PartlyCloudy

Smash Rookie
A friend and I would be interested in coming. We play both Brawl and PM so we're down for both. The only factor is whether we can get there in time. Got a friend's wedding in the afternoon, so we might not be able to be there till later. We'll see...

PartlyCloudy

Smash Rookie
I really wanted to go. If you have another tourney like this, I swear my friends won't have another wedding on the same date again.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Top Bottom