• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Just got to this topic, if, by some miracle, all characters, including unannounced ones, are shown, please tell us what the alts for Duck Hunt are, and what he plays like (if at all possible, and if you're willing to.)

D

Deleted member 245254

I JUST PLAYED.

I will be more thorough later but right now.

- Ledge snap SEVERELY nerfed. I feels like Melee ledge grab.

- Meta knights up b is like Marth's up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.

His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don't know yet about its priority.

- Pivot cancel is still in

- Pac Man is SLOW. Every single one of his aerials are kicks. His forward aerial is a double kick, his back air is like Mario. The thing that stood our about him is his utter sluggish-ness. His fall speed is like brawl. His run speed is slow. His forward b sends a pellet out in front of him, and then he turns in to classic pacman and boosts towards it. It's kind of like greninja'd shadow sneak thing except you can't time it.

- lucario is unchanged except his smash attacks feel MUCH faster.

- peach is unchanged except for her up aerial. It's now a rainbow thing, it has an arched hitbox over the top of her head, she draws it with her hand.

- Zelda has a white costume

Editing this post for more as we speak

- Sonic still dies pitifully if you end up in a spin without a jump

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I JUST PLAYED.

- Meta knights up b is like Marth's up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.

His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don't know yet about its priority.

- Pac Man is SLOW. Every single one of his aerials are kicks. His forward aerial is a double kick, his back air is like Mario. The thing that stood our about him is his utter sluggish-ness. His fall speed is like brawl. His run speed is slow. His forward b sends a pellet out in front of him, and then he turns in to classic pacman and boosts towards it. It's kind of like greninja'd shadow sneak thing except you can't time it.

- peach is unchanged except for her up aerial. It's now a rainbow thing, it has an arched hitbox over the top of her head, she draws it with her hand.

One question:

Is the Paper Mario stage there?

If yes, what icon?

If no, then please, just do a quick list of the stages if you have time.

Thanks!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ledge snap being "SEVERELY" nerfed is actually pretty hype, imo. Nice that Pivot Canceling is still in as well. So far, so good.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I JUST PLAYED.

PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO ;-;
What'd poor Pac ever do to them??

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I JUST PLAYED.

kylexv

Smash Master
I JUST PLAYED.

Surprised Pac-Man's slow. Thought his speed would be just a little less than Mario's.

:4pacman: You're too slow! :4sonic:

gamer8

Smash Lord
I JUST PLAYED.

Are all 8 alternate costumes available?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I'm going to miss Brawls magnetic ledges. R.I.P. My recovery.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
I JUST PLAYED.

Any shulk or robin playable?

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Were you allowed to take videos of the demo?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'm sorry, I just saw your signature and burst out laughing for about ten minutes.

I JUST PLAYED.

Ledge snap being nerfed is good. Meta Knight's upward recovery being nerfed is good. His tornado doing less hits and being easier to get out of is good.

Shame pac-man is so slow. Maybe they made him the opposite of sonic since sonic is so fast and Mario is the 'middle ground' between the two speeds. Still, I can't imagine Pac-man's attacks were that strong.

Lucario faster is good. Also poor sonic. Shame he can still kill himself so easily. Probably means Yoshi's egg roll does the same.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
I JUST PLAYED.

Awesome info! How do the physics feel in general? Any different from the E3 build (if you've played it)?

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I JUST PLAYED.

Any dash dancing? And awesome information!

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Any unrevealed Alts that caught your eye?

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Tis nice to finally know for sure peach's u air is that rainbow attack. Thanks! Also good to hear that bat is possibly getting slight nerfs.

kylexv

Smash Master
I JUST PLAYED.

:4shulk: I'm really feeling it! :4shulk:

Sorry I had to.

D

Deleted member 245254

- Ike feels unchanged. I was never an Ike main so I don't know the specifics but his attacks were all the same general thing, nothing new I noticed.

- pacman. He feels slow, but his attacks felt like they had a good hitbox, because he's really fat and his legs stretch when he kicks. He just felt really interesting to play, but I ended up using his aerials the most because of their hit boxes.

- Peach's turnip pull speed is nerfed. She can still move in to float to do things like crown and nair. Her fsmash goes tennis club, golf club, and frying pan. I believe it's a set order now.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
- Ike feels unchanged. I was never an Ike main so I don't know the specifics but his attacks were all the same general thing, nothing new I noticed.

- pacman. He feels slow, but his attacks felt like they had a good hitbox, because he's really fat and his legs stretch when he kicks. He just felt really interesting to play, but I ended up using his aerials the most because of their hit boxes.

- Peach's turnip pull speed is nerfed. She can still move in to float to do things like crown and nair. Her fsmash goes tennis club, golf club, and frying pan. I believe it's a set order now.
Is every confirmed character playable?

D

Deleted member

Thats a shame, I was really hoping for getting a jump back if I landed on the ground during the spindash.

Oociez

Smash Rookie
Is pink/white Falcon in the game or should I just start crying now?

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Not surprised Pac Man is slow. He chugs along pretty slow in his games.

I'm pretty hype about the ledge snapping bit.

All all 8 costumes present for each character, and is it the full starting roster or is it a few select characters?

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Very interesting with Pacman. I wonder if I'll be able to get the hang of him later on.

How about that dash dancing?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Did they fix Peach's double-jump or is it still pitiful like it was in Brawl?

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
Zipzo you are the mvp dude.
also did you get a chance to see peaches panties? ;-)

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
The dream is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom