• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Join the Egg Empire Today and Help Build Eggmanland in Smash 4! Dr. Eggman for Smash 4 DLC!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I was making a Ridley joke, but if anyone from Sonic deserves the spot, it's Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.
But FogBadge has a good point, the main focus of Smash is NINTENDO. But considering all this speculation of Nintendo buying SEGA, it just might be possible for the next title.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
In all fairness, if Nintendo DID buy SEGA, the next Smash game would probably have both Miles "Tails" Prower and Dr. Ivo "Eggman" "SnooPINGASusualisee" Robotnik.

EDIT: Also, I changed the thread title to something more fitting.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I support if for no other reason than the thread's current title

Edit: Would like a taunt of his to be pulling out a baby chao or Yoshi, patting its head and saying "YOSH" as per usual. If he also picks it up and shake it like he does, well, added bonus.

You can probably tell that SA2 is by far my favorite Sonic game, lol

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Time for a change of pace!

And as you can see, I am quite the huge fan of the old scientist and had been waiting on the perfect opportunity of him to join the battle. And with Crapcom having two reps (Rock and Ryu), Sega might as well have a slice of that pie two since they were once enemies of Nintendo and now close partners. We need more mech fighter and villains, which is where Robotnik (or Eggman as some may prefer) would come into play.

It's a good thing that I have my handy dandy Twitter page to spread the word and rally the troops for our invasion of the Smash Ballot. Our beloved ruler deserves to fight his nemesis and his new Nintendo friends since this ballot may be the key of making that reality. So all you ladies and gentlebots, let's get ready to make Operation Eggscelent Takeover begin!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Step 1: Get into Smash

Step 2: Build Eggmanland
Brilliant plan, I can already feel the world being below our master's knees. Plus plenty of fun rides for the whole family from the Earth to the galaxy in the future. But what we need is a strong campaign in order to gain more followers (the fact that someone added my piece to their collection after the upload is a great sign of things to come).

Now in terms of our competition, there's the Knuckle Bros (Knuckles fans) and Dark Edgers (Shadow fans) to worry about since they are the main obstacles in our path due to being numerous like cockroaches. We've got to build our army piece by piece and prepare to strike when the time is right. Who's knows, they could be snooping as usual at this very moment.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Brilliant plan, I can already feel the world being below our master's knees. Plus plenty of fun rides for the whole family from the Earth to the galaxy in the future. But what we need is a strong campaign in order to gain more followers (the fact that someone added my piece to their collection after the upload is a great sign of things to come).

Now in terms of our competition, there's the Knuckle Bros (Knuckles fans) and Dark Edgers (Shadow fans) to worry about since they are the main obstacles in our path due to being numerous like cockroaches. We've got to build our army piece by piece and prepare to strike when the time is right. Who's knows, they could be snooping as usual at this very moment.
Screw strategy! Let's just blow up the moon! That will scare those fools away!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Screw strategy! Let's just blow up the moon! That will scare those fools away!
Yes, destroying that moon alone would show those fools that we mean business. I mean our good doctor tried it once, so he can do it again to send chills down all their cold spines. :evil:

Seeing that Bowser Junior brat even gives him an idea of what mech design he would go for when joining the battle. Perhaps the Egg Walker might work or just go for an upgraded Eggpod that shifts itself to use all sorts of nostalgic attacks like this bad boy for example.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Dr. Eggman would be my go-to choice for a second Sonic character. While he has no priority on the ballot for me, I'll no doubt be excited if he was included.

Plus he totally should have been in Sonic's Palutena's Guidance.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Funny, I actually just had a dream that Eggman was in Smash. Seeing this support thread, I wouldn't mind showing my support for the scientist!

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
Yes please! Before Smash 4 came out and I was thinking about what other Sonic characters would be cool, I considered the Doctor but couldn't think of a cool way to make him work as a fighter. After seeing Jr. in his Clown Car, I've been thinking that Eggman in his Eggpod would be totally amazing. Sign me up!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Damn, this thread is become kinda popular. I should fix up the OP and make it look nice n purty!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Damn, this thread is become kinda popular. I should fix up the OP and make it look nice n purty!
You might well thank Ryu for making it more accessible since now know that another Sonic/Sega character is more possible.

We all know Robuttnik would provide to be a much more interesting fighter than
@ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles and Ow the Edge. :troll:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
You count me in as a supporter! The doctor is my favorite character in the entirety of the Sonic franchise by far, and I think he'd be a blast to play as.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Minor complaint that the title of this thread is "join the egg army" and not "join the egg empire." Just saying.

As far as a second Sonic character goes, I'd greatly prefer it to be Eggman/Robotnik than anyone else, especially when Shadow is already an assist trophy and Tails, Knuckles, and Silver all appear on Green Hill Zone.

(Even if Shadow wasn't an Assist Trophy and Tails, Knuckles and Silver didn't have appearances, Eggman would still be my choice from all of them).

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
You might well thank Ryu for making it more accessible since now know that another Sonic/Sega character is more possible.

We all know Robuttnik would provide to be a much more interesting fighter than
@ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles and Ow the Edge. :troll:
Someone's chuklin' for a knucklin'

As for the Egghead, meh. If there ever was a character that just works better as a boss than a playable, its Robotnik (Ridley got robbed)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes. It will be our parallel to the Kutthroats' One of Us!

This, I've always knew that vidoe would be perfect for gaining a new supporter. Hell, any line from Eggman would be fine occasion.

"I'll be back to add you to the support list after a build another robot. And it will feed me ham, eviiilllll haaaaam!"

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Part of me doesn't want to revive this thread because people will see the first page and see my weird 2013/early 2014 self.

I don't want that crap getting out to the public.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of the iconic villains appearing in smash. Eggman certainly fits the bill.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I've been part of the Eggman Empire from day 1. Sonic is my favorite Smash Bros. universe and Eggman is, no question, the best Sonic character. I've been rooting for him ever since Sonic got in. He was my #1 most wanted newcomer (though Little Mac and Mewtwo were close seconds) and I voted for him the second the ballot appeared on the site.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I've been part of the Eggman Empire from day 1. Sonic is my favorite Smash Bros. universe and Eggman is, no question, the best Sonic character. I've been rooting for him ever since Sonic got in. He was my #1 most wanted newcomer (though Little Mac and Mewtwo were close seconds) and I voted for him the second the ballot appeared on the site.
Holy ****, dude. Your avatar.

3bubby

Smash Rookie
I am so behind having Dr. Eggman in Smash4! Now the Sonic games aren't my favorite, in fact Sonic in Smash bums me out (No disrespect to Sonic Mains, but I've had my For Glory moments.) EGGMAN THOUGH. Why, he's been such a fascinating character through and through. From his personality to his design. And a mustache that puts Mario, Luigi, and Wario to shame!

I really like the robot design, and can imagine him being a hulking R.O.B. with Bowser Jr.-type specials. But what I'd really like is to see Eggman on his feet. I can't think of the moves he would use without any robot suit, but he would fit right in. Ultimately he would play with a Ganondorf personality: Forcing characters to stay in front of him, and then attacking. Unlike Ganondorf, he might be floaty, despite his weight and size.

Anyways, I'm geeking out at the possibility of Robotnik.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
If Ryu is in Smash, I don't see why we can't have another Sonic character.

So I'm supporting this.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
For those still saying his name is Eggman not Robotnik, its his American name. He was always called Eggman in Japan but when he came to America he was renamed for some reason. They gradually brought Eggman name back by using it as an insult but then just ditched the Robotnik name in general.

I love Eggman. I mean what other villain's greatest evil plans involves making his own theme park lol. My only issue with him in smash is finding a way to bring him in without having him out of character (since when did he do anything other than talk outside of a robot) or he'd have to be huge to avoid looking weird scale-wise within a robot.

Either way, i seriously would love him to get in. Plus the dude has so many awesome quotes for taunts
Up Taunt: I AM the Eggman!
Side Taunt: Get a load of THIS!
Down Taunt: Hahahahahaha! That was all too easy!

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Not a Sonic fan, but I think Eggman in Smash could be pretty cool. I know people get all worked up about clones and stuff, but if he could play like a much heavier Bowser Jr. with a different gameplay style focus with different moves, I'd be down for that.

Coolforkrool

Smash Rookie
He's got my support. I think the nemesis should get in before supporting characters , just my opinion! Yeh, he would be machine based, but thats something unique that would work and why Sakurai wants.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Not a Sonic fan, but I think Eggman in Smash could be pretty cool. I know people get all worked up about clones and stuff, but if he could play like a much heavier Bowser Jr. with a different gameplay style focus with different moves, I'd be down for that.

Eggman needs to be inside a robot... but a heavier BJ isn't preferred. Give him his own set of moves based on his series please.

BJ's USpecial specifically... that fits the sorta wacky lore of him and the mushroom kingdom... Eggman being launched out of that and swinging a hammer... not so much.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
As big as the Sonic series is, I feel it should have at least one more character, regardless of being Third Party. I would love to see Dr. Eggman make it in, he's just such a fun character. Sign me up for the Eggman Empire.

Top Bottom