• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Join the Egg Empire Today and Help Build Eggmanland in Smash 4! Dr. Eggman for Smash 4 DLC!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Put me in the list of supporters please.

I really like Eggman. Even if I don't think he will make it. But as a boss or an Assist Trophy would be cool!

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I support! This guy would be awesome. (Which probably is just because I love villain characters)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If he's in, he needs to have his black Sonic Colors mech (with the addition of hands instead of claws) and most of his attacks should reference all of his boss mechs (except the Death Egg Robot since that should be a Final Smash).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Do you care about anything in SSB4 other than having more Sonic characters? (No offence, just curious since it's all I ever see you post about).
None taken. And yes! You haven't seen my advocating for women's rights yet? Here are my other desires
Newcomers
Krystal
Chrom
Lucina
Mii
Shulk
Dixie Kong
Paultena
PacMan (although I'm not counting on him)

Veteran desire
Yoshi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Mewtwo
Wario
Lucas
Ganondorf
Dr Mario (make him alternate skin for Mario, not separate character)

And another thing, you got some explaining to do, because my name is NOT Jacob!

Last edited:

Geno Mallow

Smash Cadet
Would you really want the Smah Bros roster taken up with several Sonic characters? Because you could easily add Knuckles, Dr Eggman, Tails, and Shadow the Hedghog.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Would you really want the Smah Bros roster taken up with several Sonic characters? Because you could easily add Knuckles, Dr Eggman, Tails, and Shadow the Hedghog.
The main focus of Super Smash Bros is bringing the greatest of Nintendo's all stars into one game. SEGA may make it look like the Sonic franchise is Nintendo every now and then, but they are still 3rd party. (For now) We aren't likely to get anymore Sonic characters in the store bought roster, they're going to be DLC. Even if by sheer dumb luck we get another representative due to SEGA's three game deal with Nintendo, it wouldn't be Eggman, Shadow, or Knuckles, the only second Sonic character that can happen at this point is Tails.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
The main focus of Super Smash Bros is bringing the greatest of Nintendo's all stars into one game. SEGA may make it look like the Sonic franchise is Nintendo every now and then, but they are still 3rd party. (For now) We aren't likely to get anymore Sonic characters in the store bought roster, they're going to be DLC. Even if by sheer dumb luck we get another representative due to SEGA's three game deal with Nintendo, it wouldn't be Eggman, Shadow, or Knuckles, the only second Sonic character that can happen at this point is Tails.
Could you explain why Tails would get in over Eggman? I can totally understand him getting in over Knuckles easily. While comparing Shadow and Tails is like comparing Apples to Oranges with their reasons for getting in.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Could you explain why Tails would get in over Eggman? I can totally understand him getting in over Knuckles easily. While comparing Shadow and Tails is like comparing Apples to Oranges with their reasons for getting in.
Tails is more important, he's SEGA's Luigi. Eggman has missed a few games, while Tails only missed those before him. It's a company's Luigi that would be the SOLE CHOICE for a second rep to a third party franchise. More importantly, Eggman is VERY RARELY the final boss/real villain in a Sonic game, so only Tails has a legitimate chance of surviving in hell, (a low one I will admit) while Eggman has nothing going for him and can stay away.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Tails is more important, he's SEGA's Luigi. Eggman has missed a few games, while Tails only missed those before him. It's a company's Luigi that would be the SOLE CHOICE for a second rep to a third party franchise. More importantly, Eggman is VERY RARELY the final boss/real villain in a Sonic game, so only Tails has a legitimate chance of surviving in hell, (a low one I will admit) while Eggman has nothing going for him and can stay away.
What's more important to a hero?
A sidekick, or a villain?

Obviously a villain.
Without a villain, a hero wouldn't be a hero.

And yes, Luigi did get in Smash before Bowser, but that was only because the first game only had heroes.

And yeah, Eggman may not always be the final boss, but when there is a final boss that isn't him, it almost always is a monster or something that HE summoned.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He and Tails are my main wants for further Sonic representation. They both are iconic video gaming characters and all stars and definitely deserve to be in Smash Brothers as MUCH as Sonic IMO.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
And yeah, Eggman may not always be the final boss, but when there is a final boss that isn't him, it almost always is a monster or something that HE summoned.
But in the end that summoned monstrosity always screws him over in some way.

And the reason that Tails matters more is that, well, HES ON SONIC'S SIDE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
But in the end that summoned monstrosity always screws him over in some way.

And the reason that Tails matters more is that, well, HES ON SONIC'S SIDE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!
What does being good have to do with anything?

What's more variety?
Having two good Sonic characters, or having one good and one bad Sonic character?

By definition, having one good and one bad would have more variety.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'm going to say what Mega Bidoof said.
However, I'd like to add, so what if Eggman isn't the final boss in every single game? He's the most re-occuring boss in every game. Quite often there's only 2-3 boss fights that are not him in every game he is in.

As for the Good vs evil thing. You have to have the main protagonist in the game, before having the antogonist. I think Luigi (and Jigglypuff) got into Smash 64 just because of how easy they were to add to the game. Both Bowser and King Dedede were intended for Smash 64 afterall, but they probably ran out of time.

I would prefer if Tails got in over Eggman. Afterall, Tails was my favorite Sonic character for a very long time. Then again, I might prefer Shadow over both if they did him right. That doesn't mean he's as likely as the other two.

D

Deleted member

I'd love to see the "good" doctor though unlikely as it may be. The franchise started with Sonic and Eggman, and they are the two most important characters.

On the above notion that Eggman missed some games, I ask, which ones?
The only game that Eggman (or any form of Eggman) hasn't appeared was Black Knight.
On the opposite end, Tails has missed quite a bit not just counting the few games before his debut.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'd love to see the "good" doctor though unlikely as it may be. The franchise started with Sonic and Eggman, and they are the two most important characters.

On the above notion that Eggman missed some games, I ask, which ones?
The only game that Eggman (or any form of Eggman) hasn't appeared was Black Knight.
On the opposite end, Tails has missed quite a bit not just counting the few games before his debut.
Eggman. is. not. SEGA's. Luigi. and. would. not. make. it. in. before. Tails!

D

Deleted member

Don't turn this around on me, Yui! You've made clear many times your being a huge Shadow fanboy, Eggman has missed Sonic Dash if that will answer your question.
....fan =/= "fanboy".
Aside from that, it's been on you from the start. I asked a question in regards to a false statement. You've refused to answer and instead make a fanboy statement about how Tails is more likely.

And Sonic Dash? Eggman's a boss.

Try again.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Isn't Eggman a boss in Sonic Dash? Pretty sure I've fought him SEVERAL TIMES in Sonic Dash.

Edit: :4greninja:'d.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Eggman. is. not. SEGA's. Luigi. and. would. not. make. it. in. before. Tails!
We. Are. Not. Saying. That. Eggman. Is. SEGA's. Luigi.
Stop. With. Your. Luigi. Metaphors.

The first game was just Sonic vs. Robotnik.
Those are the two main components in the typical video game story. A hero and a villain.
A sidekick is unnecessary.

If the story would go almost exactly the same if a character wasn't there, that character isn't that important.
If Tails didn't exist, Sonic would still beat Eggman.
If Eggman didn't exist, Sonic wouldn't do anything.

Don't turn this around on me, Yui! You've made clear many times your being a huge Shadow fanboy, Eggman has missed Sonic Dash if that will answer your question.
"Don't turn this around on me!"
*turns it around on Yuii*

Also, @GoldenYuiitusin
"Nobody calls me that anymore"

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
To me, both Tails and Robotnik should be in. At the same time.

While I do support Robotnik's greatness, I don't expect him to be playable (because guest), but he is the perfect boss for the Sonic franchise, while I do think Tails is the perfect assist trophy for the Sonic Franchise (but Shadow is still here...)

And I do expect bosses to show up. Even without the Subspace Emissary, an adventure mode with bosses is still a possibility. And Robotnik in his Eggmachine is just perfect. A not so big, but still big enough, flying thing equip with tons of weapons... That's some good boss material.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
....fan =/= "fanboy".
Aside from that, it's been on you from the start. I asked a question in regards to a false statement. You've refused to answer and instead make a fanboy statement about how Tails is more likely.

And Sonic Dash? Eggman's a boss.

Try again.
Uhh, I myself have Sonic Dash on my phone, and the only boss I've ever fought on that so far is Zazz.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
There's another villain who's never the final boss but he's certainly the most relevant enemy of the series and deserves to be playable! Those are awesome, and Eggman seems to have about 10X more creative moveset potential than Tails, being a mounted character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
There's another villain who's never the final boss but he's certainly the most relevant enemy of the series and deserves to be playable! Those are awesome, and Eggman seems to have about 10X more creative moveset potential than Tails, being a mounted character.
youre saying a non-nintendo character deserved to be playable in a nintendo crossover?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
youre saying a non-nintendo character deserved to be playable in a nintendo crossover?
I was making a Ridley joke, but if anyone from Sonic deserves the spot, it's Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.

Top Bottom