• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Joe Bushman(ganon) vs. Rob$(falco/fox)

Drephen

Smash Master

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
I've always had trouble understanding Rob$'s style. He doesnt do anything creative, has average tech skill and seemingly standard mindgames. He doesnt have a shtick either. But he still places in the top 10 at all of the tournaments he goes to. Is he just really solid or is there something I just dont get? Anyway Rob$ proves that you dont need to be crazy and l33t to be able to own at smash.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
great matches but wow why didnt rob$ switch to sheik?
and umm does the free vod works for any one?

TheOrder

Smash Cadet
I've always had trouble understanding Rob$'s style. He doesnt do anything creative, has average tech skill and seemingly standard mindgames. He doesnt have a shtick either. But he still places in the top 10 at all of the tournaments he goes to. Is he just really solid or is there something I just dont get? Anyway Rob$ proves that you dont need to be crazy and l33t to be able to own at smash.
Have you ever played him? If not, there's nothing you can say about his mindgames, because it's pretty obvious that unless you've actually had the chance to figure out his mindgames yourself by PLAYING against him, there's no way you could judge his skill from videos alone.

Also, why'd Rob switch to Fox on DL64? Pretty weird stage to play against a Ganon, IMO...

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Thats a common misconception. I havent played Ken, but I can clearly see all the mindgames he uses in all of his videos. I have enough experience to be able to tell how good someones mindgames are. Rob$ does have above average mindgames though. He just doesnt seem to mindgame his opponents to death like Ken or PC.

Venom NY

Smash Lord
Thats a common misconception. I havent played Ken, but I can clearly see all the mindgames he uses in all of his videos. I have enough experience to be able to tell how good someones mindgames are. Rob$ does have above average mindgames though. He just doesnt seem to mindgame his opponents to death like Ken or PC.
true i saw rob$ just go straight towards bushman like laser laser laser shine dair thats it sometimes he would grab

Drephen

Smash Master
Rob$ didnt go sheik cause he know that joe plays me daily

that and caveman went sheik the round before on joe and got *****

mog87

Smash Ace
You cant see mindgames because they dont exist, lets not make up stuff ok haley joel osment. But I can see what youre saying about his playstyle...but results show rob$ is solid...no ifs and or buts...and too bad sheik vs ganon wasnt taped...that be more interesting to see.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
one thing I've noticed about Joe is that after he Dthrows, he always instictively chooses to attack where it would benifit him the most. that is to say. if falco were to roll to spot A, he would die, if falco were to tech roll to spot b, he would live but still get Fair'd

and Joe always attacked in spot A, like Rob$ would willingly put himself in that situation.

only happened a few noticeable times, but still. GANON PRIDE. go joe, way to own some falco. I could've used that skill at the tourny yesterday. I was taken out by falcos.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
joe is amazing, i never knew that ganon could do so well against space animals. tipmans garb compared to JoeBushMan (aka JBM lol).

soap

Smash Hero
wow, Rob money is a ******, he gayed joe with fox like three times and still got his *** kicked.

amazing tech chasing, most crisp ganon ive seen.

Aesis

Smash Ace
wow, Rob money is a ******, he gayed joe with fox like three times and still got his *** kicked.

Matter of fact, Rob$ would absolutely kick your *** in a match. There's no shame in laser camping or using whatever it takes to win in tournament. It's just too bad he didn't go Sheik... Joe Bushman is too good against SA's

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord

You can't allow yourself to trade hits will Ganon, you'll always lose. Running up like a 'tard into Ganon is exactly what your opponent would want.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
if you can use your second jump to approach falco while dodging a laser, ganon has good odds of landing a fair or uair on him. all you have to do is be patient, falco's recovery fails after a ganon fair. he did a great job of teching the pillar, and DIing the shine.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Rob$ is so generic and unoriginal. I don't seem to get why you guys love to watch a falco or a fox keeping on SHFFL over someone's shield while he could just grab and start a combo. People respect Rob because he's been around for ages, but fact is he fails at edgeguarding and changing his style.

Bushman is good at exploiting his mistakes, but I hate to watch Rob play.

EDIT: Ganon only takes one N, it's like people who can't spell Sheik correctly.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@cf: what is this b****ing about Rob$'s lack of creativity. Last I checked these were stock matches, which award no points for style. You don't have to be flashy too be good.

edit: that being said this ganon was absolutely dirty.

cF=)

Smash Lord
@cf: what is this b****ing about Rob$'s lack of creativity. Last I checked these were stock matches, which award no points for style. You don't have to be flashy too be good.

edit: that being said this ganon was absolutely dirty.
By creativity, I meant finding new way to approach Joe other than pillaring his shield. If you watch all the set, you'll see that he almost never switch to grab or do something special like JC a shine to grab (which is a crazy good option when you have tech skills).

I mean come on, when Bushman crouched on PKM stadium, he kept lasering without leaving the ground, it's not the way to get your laser lower !

Joe has beated many good players, and I'm not saying he sucks, I just said that Rob$ didn't impressed me like when I watch PcChris or Forward combo Marth and being original (read : mindgaming his opponent)

Thank you Drephen for changing the title, I hope you hadn't took my post in offence.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
i have the same style as rob$. You have to understand that this game is not about crazy techs but the basic understanding of it. Rob know each player weakness and strength including is own, he just plays smart.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Have you ever played him? If not, there's nothing you can say about his mindgames, because it's pretty obvious that unless you've actually had the chance to figure out his mindgames yourself by PLAYING against him, there's no way you could judge his skill from videos alone.

Also, why'd Rob switch to Fox on DL64? Pretty weird stage to play against a Ganon, IMO...
I have played against Rob$, at FC6. I got him down to one stock, Captain Falcon vs. his Sheik.

I don't understand it either. He's just..... solid.

Top Bottom