• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
It would. You're never going to hit a Jigglypuff with a Bunny Hood. Never. Don't even try it.
There's really no saying whether you're right or wrong because it's Sakurai. He created an entire moveset for Captain Falcon, a character with no source material whatsoever. Same with Fox. But then Dark Pit, who's from a game with enough material to make 20 characters, is a complete clone. Proto Man could be either or, but if done right, he could fill the gaps that Mega Man left uncovered and be his own character. And with a series like Mega Man, there's literally no same reason why he'd be a clone.
That....that is true. Who can really tell what goes through the big guy's head...?

Last edited:

PowerPuffPlayer

Smash Apprentice
People have hated Jigglypuff a long time but to those who don't hate and love Jigglypuff, I created this thread for you. You are welcome to talk about anything Jigglypuff. Enjoy and express your Jigglypuff love to the world (Sorry if it was cheesy I made up that line in 2 minutes). :039::jigglypuff64::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff::4jigglypuff:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
You should do one of these, where you rest pacmans up b. Free rest, and trampo recovery :p
Oh man, thanks for pointing out you can do this; how obvious. I've been having trouble gimping Pac's recovery for a while, outside of just getting some extra damage with nair and having them get out immediately with another upB.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
So who else is exited about getting the Jigglypuff amiibo. I missed out on the pre order but I'm hoping to still get mine this Friday. Oh how I badly want Jigglypuff.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I had a superior chance of winning a set and rollout would've finished this captain falcon player. I went and tilted the analog stick to the left, but the lag came in and it was all like, "No No, you should just go straight." He won the set. He felt it. He felt what I felt; That controller throwing feeling. I'm never gonna see lag the same way again.

It. is. ****ing. Horrid.

Last edited:

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I had a superior chance of winning a set and rollout would've finished this captain falcon player. I went and tilted the analog stick to the left, but the lag came in and it was all like, "No No, you should just go straight." He won the set. He felt it. He felt what I felt; That controller throwing feeling. I'm never gonna see lag the same way again.

It. is. ****ing. Horrid.
Yeah, lag ruins the game :/

ianmonroe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ianmonroe

It. is. ****ing. Horrid.
I feel it too, just reading it. That's horrible :(

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌░░▐▌░░░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌░░▐▌░░░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

GeeHaus

Smash Cadet
I was bored in lecture today, so I wrote down a list of Jigglypuff's by-level-up learnset from the Pokemon games, and penned in what I thought they might look like if they were custom moves in Smash Bros. Figured I'd share them here.
  • Disarming Voice (Fairy): Custom of Sing
Disarming Voice has the "never misses" property in the Pokemon games, which is exactly what it sounds like. To emulate that in Smash Bros, we'd have a move similar to the current Hyper Voice, but it takes up the entire screen, pierces all invincibility, and does very little damage and little to no knockback.
  • Disable (Normal): Custom of Sing
Mewtwo has this. It's not very good. Jigglypuff's could have higher range, but fail entirely on taller characters as she cannot look into their eyes.
  • Double Slap (Normal): Custom of Pound??
You know, when I first saw Pound Blitz used on a Japanese 3DS, I was almost certain they would call it Double Slap, since it's a multi-hit move like that is in the Pokemon games. That said, I think there's a good argument to be made that our jab actually IS Double Slap, just unnamed. I tend to agree, but I suppose a quicker, less damaging Pound that links into itself could work too.
  • Wake-Up-Slap (Fighting): Custom of Pound
Now here's a fun one. In most situations, this is a slightly worse Pound. A bit less shield damage, a bit longer endlag, and a bit less damage. BUT, if used on a sleeping or stunned enemy, this move deals enormous damage and knockback. (Think Smash 64 Rest levels of explosion.) Differentiates itself from Rest by sending people sideways, so it would be a better option near the sides of the stage, if you somehow land a Sing.

Wake-Up-Slap could also make Jigglypuff the first character with two different "KREEEE!" moves. The thought excites me.
  • Body Slam (Normal): Custom of Rollout
Basically Sonic's Hammer Spin Dash, Body Slam would take a little longer to charge, but the arc would be more controllable. Buries hit targets if they're on the ground. (It Paralyzes in Pokemon games, but giving Jigglypuff a paralyzer would be insane in Smash Bros lol.)
  • Mimic (Normal): Custom of ???
So I can think of two options for this. The first is similar to a counter, except I think it would be hilarious if Jigglypuff actually used the move she absorbed to counter. Like, if she gets Falcon Punched while Mimic is up, she Falcon Punches back. Faster. And harder. After all, that's pretty much what Mimic does in the Pokemon games.

The other option is to replace Mimic with the move that it absorbed, either for a set amount of time, or for the rest of the game. (Kind of like Kirby's inhale, but with more options and much more of a gamble.) This is also similar to how it works in Pokemon.
Lots of possibilities here, but I have absolutely no idea what special it would replace. Counters are usually Down-B, but are we replacing Rest? Would either option be good enough for that?
  • Gyro Ball (Steel): Custom of Rollout
In the Pokemon games, Gyro Ball hits really hard on targets that are much faster than you, and hits like a wet noodle if they're slow. In Smash, we can do the same. Gyro Ball would basically be Rollout on a spectrum. On the one side, it would be pathetic against the likes of Shulk Shield Form and Ganondorf, but on the other hand, it would deal absurd damage to characters like Little Mac and Sonic. If it hits a character of exactly average speed, Gyro Ball = Rollout.
  • Double-Edge (Normal): Custom of Rollout
It's Rollout, but it charges near-instantly. Deals 1/4 as much damage to you as it does to your opponent. Simple.

And there we go! Phew! She learns a LOT of other moves through other means by the way, so I might write up some more in the future. For now, this is what I got done in class. Hope ya had a bit of fun with these; it was fun coming up with them.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I've thought about a few customs ideas myself, although I never assigned actual move names to them.

-Basically a Hyper Voice that can be charged for higher range and power; The first two hits paralyze them, and the final hit launches them. Charge cannot be stored.
-Variation on rollout that changes based on whether it's used on the ground or in the air. In the air, it functions pretty much like Greninja Dair- it goes straight down and meteors whoever it hits. We come out of the tumble after a short period of time if we hit it, but missing is pretty much instant death offstage. Meanwhile, using it on the ground sends us straight up and launches foes the same; upon hitting it, we immediately go into the tumble and fall at high speed, making it difficult to punish, but it's not super strong either. Kind of like Mac Up B now that I think about it, not really intentional but meh.
-I've mentioned this one before, but it's worth noting a second time. A variation of Rest that functions just like Melee Rest, if not slightly stronger. However, using the move puts a flower on OUR head instead of the opponents, meaning we steadily take damage as we sleep. Whether the flower appears if we miss is something to consider, though I'd go for a yes myself.

Shrimpchris

Smash Cadet
  • Wake-Up-Slap (Fighting): Custom of Pound
Now here's a fun one. In most situations, this is a slightly worse Pound. A bit less shield damage, a bit longer endlag, and a bit less damage. BUT, if used on a sleeping or stunned enemy, this move deals enormous damage and knockback. (Think Smash 64 Rest levels of explosion.) Differentiates itself from Rest by sending people sideways, so it would be a better option near the sides of the stage, if you somehow land a Sing.

Wake-Up-Slap could also make Jigglypuff the first character with two different "KREEEE!" moves. The thought excites me.
This would be pretty damn cool.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
That's a good question, actually... Why haven't they buffed the customs that are so blatantly BAD? It's questionable why they would make something like Spinphony to begin with, but why not rectify that with a major boost in frame data or range?

Top Bottom