• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Hey fellow Jiggly fans. I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, but I can't find any talk of it, so I thought I would bring it up.

So, something strange happens when Jigglypuff finishes using its Final Smash. By default, Jigglypuff's eyes stay centered unless performing a move. However, after the Final Smash, her eyes are shifted to look in whatever direction she was facing before activating the Final Smash. Creepy.

Some moves can be used without disrupting the glitch, such as Rollout and Rest, but other than that, pretty much any other move will reset the eyes.
Just thought I'd pass that along. :4jigglypuff:

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Hey fellow Jiggly fans. I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, but I can't find any talk of it, so I thought I would bring it up.

So, something strange happens when Jigglypuff finishes using its Final Smash. By default, Jigglypuff's eyes stay centered unless performing a move. However, after the Final Smash, her eyes are shifted to look in whatever direction she was facing before activating the Final Smash. Creepy.

Some moves can be used without disrupting the glitch, such as Rollout and Rest, but other than that, pretty much any other move will reset the eyes.
Never knew that, pretty sweet

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130

She looks so cute :3

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Puff is actually not completely horrible vs ICs. Normally I go Peach for that matchup, but not always.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Puff is actually not completely horrible vs ICs. Normally I go Peach for that matchup, but not always.
Makes sense, I suppose. Jiggs is the hardest character to grab in the game due to how often she's airborne, and if you DO get caught by a grab it doesn't really matter how much you weigh.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm the only one who doesn't like the fact that Jigglypuff doesn't have pain screams, like in Melee?
And that her voice needs more volume in general?

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I'm the only one who doesn't like the fact that Jigglypuff doesn't have pain screams, like in Melee?
And that her voice needs more volume in general?
Puff's death animations could certainly do with more terror and agony.

Personally, I like her sounds as is. Light and dainty, just like herself.

RavensArk

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3480-2573-0129
Jigglypuffs grab has the same sound effect as roll out. I thought that was funny.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Believe it or not I've actually met someone who legit thought Jiggpuff should be evolved by now.
He has a point. After four straight games, Pikachu and Jigglypuff should be Raichu and Wigglytuff by now. But no, I mean as a separate character, like Pikachu and Pichu in Melee. Jigglypuff, being a perfect attendee, has kind of lost her "joke character" status. I think Wigglytuff would be a hilarious addition.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
He has a point. After four straight games, Pikachu and Jigglypuff should be Raichu and Wigglytuff by now. But no, I mean as a separate character, like Pikachu and Pichu in Melee. Jigglypuff, being a perfect attendee, has kind of lost her "joke character" status. I think Wigglytuff would be a hilarious addition.
There's a theory that states that Brawl Pikachu is actually the Pichu from Melee who just evolved and replaced the other Pikachu. It's not too far of a stretch to imagine it happening like that for the entire series, and the same could go for Jigglypuff as well.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
There's a theory that states that Brawl Pikachu is actually the Pichu from Melee who just evolved and replaced the other Pikachu. It's not too far of a stretch to imagine it happening like that for the entire series, and the same could go for Jigglypuff as well.
We should still have both Puffs though

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
We should still have both Puffs though
Exactly, although technically, it's a Puff and a Tuff.
I've heard of that theory. Although, what lowers its credibility is that it doesn't explain what happened to original Pikachu. It's also kind of Farfetchd (see what I did there?) that Pichu would evolve that quickly. If he could evolve from one Smash game, why couldn't Jigglypuff?
And plus, having Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff in one game would just be so delightfully trollish.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Exactly, although technically, it's a Puff and a Tuff.

I've heard of that theory. Although, what lowers its credibility is that it doesn't explain what happened to original Pikachu. It's also kind of Farfetchd (see what I did there?) that Pichu would evolve that quickly. If he could evolve from one Smash game, why couldn't Jigglypuff?
And plus, having Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff in one game would just be so delightfully trollish.
Cause Jiggly needs moon stone and there's no moon stone in smash

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
We don't know that. There just might be a Moon Stone or something like it in Smash. Usually Lucario needs Lucarionite to go Super Saiyan Mega Evolve, but he can do it by just breaking a Smash Ball.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I wasn't specifically talking about this game. All I'm saying is, if there can be a Master Sword stuck in a random pedestal in a random forest, I don't think it's too big an assumption that a Moon Stone or something similar exist somewhere.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I wasn't specifically talking about this game. All I'm saying is, if there can be a Master Sword stuck in a random pedestal in a random forest, I don't think it's too big an assumption that a Moon Stone or something similar exist somewhere.
I'm just saying that could explain why Jiggs didn't evolve.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Nonetheless, I just want to troll people with Wigglytuff.
Tuff's our puff, people, get it out in the open.

In all seriousness, though; I sincerely doubt a Jigglypuff clone would be well received. It'd be interesting to see how it worked, maybe (trading some air speed and jump height for higher weight and ground speed?), but considering everything about the character in Smash AND in the Pokemon franchise there are much better characters in the roster to clone. For example, a character from the sonic series, such as Tails or Knuckles (Sonic could use a few more reps anyway, though I'd rather prefer it wasn't just a Sonic clone myself if we're talking seriously).

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Tuff's our puff, people, get it out in the open.

In all seriousness, though; I sincerely doubt a Jigglypuff clone would be well received. It'd be interesting to see how it worked, maybe (trading some air speed and jump height for higher weight and ground speed?), but considering everything about the character in Smash AND in the Pokemon franchise there are much better characters in the roster to clone. For example, a character from the sonic series, such as Tails or Knuckles (Sonic could use a few more reps anyway, though I'd rather prefer it wasn't just a Sonic clone myself if we're talking seriously).
Oh, I'm not saying that it's likely. The only way it will happen is if they make me the developer. Or an avid Wigglytuff fan. I imagine a Wigglytuff would sort of be the Dr. Mario to Jigglypuff's Mario. Slower, stronger, and maybe floater. And also larger. And maybe slightly less trollish.
I honestly don't think Sonic is gonna get another rep. Mostly because he's third party. Besides, I'd think Mega Man would get another rep before Sonic. Although, if it did, I would hope it'd be Silver or Shadow.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Oh, I'm not saying that it's likely. The only way it will happen is if they make me the developer. Or an avid Wigglytuff fan. I imagine a Wigglytuff would sort of be the Dr. Mario to Jigglypuff's Mario. Slower, stronger, and maybe floater. And also larger. And maybe slightly less trollish.
I honestly don't think Sonic is gonna get another rep. Mostly because he's third party. Besides, I'd think Mega Man would get another rep before Sonic. Although, if it did, I would hope it'd be Silver or Shadow.
Floater than Puff? Blasphemy.

You're probably right on Sonic, honestly, but it's tough to say who Megaman would get as a rep. Bass? Proto? Ooooh.....Zero. Zero could work.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Floater than Puff? Blasphemy.

You're probably right on Sonic, honestly, but it's tough to say who Megaman would get as a rep. Bass? Proto? Ooooh.....Zero. Zero could work.
Well, yeah. Kalos Wigglytuff are ****ing gigantic. At least 3 or 4x the size of a Jigglypuff. As much air as they can hold inside them, they should float up, instead of fall down.
As for a second Mega Man rep, I imagine Proto Man. He could represent the games he appeared in and the ones Mega ignored. 3,5,9, and 10.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Well, yeah. Kalos Wigglytuff are ****ing gigantic. At least 3 or 4x the size of a Jigglypuff. As much air as they can hold inside them, they should float up, instead of fall down.
As for a second Mega Man rep, I imagine Proto Man. He could represent the games he appeared in and the ones Mega ignored. 3,5,9, and 10.
Jigglypuff already falls up in Brawl.

Protoman might be cool, but I worry about him being too similar to Mega. He's already similar enough in body shape that he could end up being a model edit. As for Zero...we already have a few "swords and ammo" characters in Link and Robin, but I think Zero could work if he leaned more towards up-close combat- high speed and powerful attacks with his Z-Sabre in exchange for worsened projectile options.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Jigglypuff already falls up in Brawl.

Protoman might be cool, but I worry about him being too similar to Mega. He's already similar enough in body shape that he could end up being a model edit. As for Zero...we already have a few "swords and ammo" characters in Link and Robin, but I think Zero could work if he leaned more towards up-close combat- high speed and powerful attacks with his Z-Sabre in exchange for worsened projectile options.
Jigglypuff falls down just like everyone else. Just very slowly.
Trust me, the last thing Sakurai is
worried about is less clones. Dark Pit, Lucina, and Toon Link are proof of that.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Jigglypuff falls down just like everyone else. Just very slowly.
Trust me, the last thing Sakurai is
worried about is less clones. Dark Pit, Lucina, and Toon Link are proof of that.
It's honestly be pretty hilarious if she DID fall up in Brawl.

I suppose you're right about clones and Sakurai. Of course, I still am, so....

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's honestly be pretty hilarious if she DID fall up in Brawl.

I suppose you're right about clones and Sakurai. Of course, I still am, so....
It would. You're never going to hit a Jigglypuff with a Bunny Hood. Never. Don't even try it.
There's really no saying whether you're right or wrong because it's Sakurai. He created an entire moveset for Captain Falcon, a character with no source material whatsoever. Same with Fox. But then Dark Pit, who's from a game with enough material to make 20 characters, is a complete clone. Proto Man could be either or, but if done right, he could fill the gaps that Mega Man left uncovered and be his own character. And with a series like Mega Man, there's literally no same reason why he'd be a clone.

Top Bottom