• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
"Shanted: THE STREAMER HATES POKEMON AND REFUSES TO USE POKEMON CHARACTERS, SPREAD THE WORD!
Officialnextechgaming: JIGGLYPUFF CONFIRMED
Killsteal_wolf JIGGLYPUFF COLOURS PLEASE!
Shanted: WHY DO YOU HATE POKÉMON? WHY DO YOU HATE POKÉMON? WHY DO YOU HATE POKÉMON? WHY DO YOU HATE POKÉMON? WHY DO YOU HATE POKÉMON?"

lol ppl wrote this in the gema_yue stream

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I legitimately had an argument with a friend this morning over why Jigglypuff should stay.

His argument was that "she was, weak, stupid, and a gimmick." due to notice abuse of Roll Out and the strength of Rest as a high-risk high-reward move.

Meanwhile, he can't wait to use Villager who is without gimmick or things that people will spam.
Personally, I think Jigglypuff's Up B move should change. Sing is a hard move to pull off and even then you have to hit your opponent with the end of the song to get the most effect out of it; otherwise, using Sing at any other interval will give your opponent enough time to wake up and counter attack while Jigglypuff needs to finish the song.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Personally, I think Jigglypuff's Up B move should change. Sing is a hard move to pull off and even then you have to hit your opponent with the end of the song to get the most effect out of it; otherwise, using Sing at any other interval will give your opponent enough time to wake up and counter attack while Jigglypuff needs to finish the song.
Since Sing is probably going nowhere because Jigglypuff, I really hope one of its variants is Dazzling Gleam which stuns people like a Deku Nut. Harder to struggle out of.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I'm dying to know what custom moves she has, Maybe she might have Brawl's rest and Melee's rest as custom moves?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
"Shanted: THE STREAMER HATES POKEMON AND REFUSES TO USE POKEMON CHARACTERS, SPREAD THE WORD!"

lol someone wrote this in the gema_yue stream
That sounds odd really since Gema_Yue already played as Charizard and Greninja in Classic Mode.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Okay I'm getting impatient! GEMA NEEDS TO USE JIGGLES! I'VE WAITED 2 YEARS TO SEE HER IN ACTION AND NOW SHE'S RIGHT IN FORNT OF MY FACE AND NOT DOING ANYTHING!

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I WAS LITERALLY YELLING AT THE STREAM FOR GEMA TO SHOW JIGGLYPUFF'S HATS, she/he just doesn't want to do it.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I WAS LITERALLY YELLING AT THE STREAM FOR GEMA TO SHOW JIGGLYPUFF'S HATS, she/he just doesn't want to do it.
maybe they don't understand english or they only know Jiggs as "Purin"

does anyone have footage of when they unlocked Jiggs? Thats probably the only gameplay footage we'll get :/

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Just got to say, Jigglypuff looks and sounds even more adorable in this. I'm really liking the pallet/hat swaps she has.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Liking:
The new look
The hats
What looks like a buff
Not liking:
The new voice, It'll take a while to grow on me
The lack of sparkles and shines in her moves

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
would it kill him to use rollout or up b? i wanna see if anything has changed V_V

EDIT: UGH SING STILL SUCKS

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
That's just her Japanese voice, she'll get the usual Jigglypuff voice in the west

Burruni

Smash Hero
Didn't Gema use Smash Run Item enhancements on Jigglypuff before going into Classic Mode?
....I didn't check.

I was busy typing in some threads, heard the "PURIN!" of the character select and when I clicked in it was already in classic.

Edit: For hats, we know naked puff and red flower puff are back.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
....I didn't check.

I was busy typing in some threads, heard the "PURIN!" of the character select and when I clicked in it was already in classic.

Edit: For hats, we know naked puff and red flower puff are back.
I saw Gema in the menu mode for the Smash Run Power Ups so Gema probably used it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wish we saw all colors instead of only three of them. I also wish the streamer used her aerials more to determine whether she's actually better than her Brawl self or not. It's a bit of a shame that she retains her Brawl Rest, but hopefully we can make up for that with customization.

Her model looks awesome though.

Last edited:

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
We didn't get the green headband back but I think I saw a really cute fluffy bow? or were those fairy wings? whatever it was, it looked real cute

zferolie

Smash Hero
Man I wish I could watch... gonna try on phone.

Does she have her crown and Sunhat? Can i be princess Jiggles again?

Also, no new fairy based moves so far?

Jiggs89

Smash Rookie
OMG I missed the hats :(

Can you please help me?:039:

My friend told me she got:
1- Rose hat
2- Bow hat
3- Nurse hat
4- Pokemon x/y girl hat
5- ?
6- ?