• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I missed whatever footage of Puff we've gotten so far.

Have her expressions been updated at all? Ala King Dedede? I was hoping she'd have a bigger variety of facial expressions, something along the lines of these for example:

(couldn't find a regular pic of her "Seriously?" face at the end, had to settle for a gif.)

EDIT: I just saw some footage of a giant battle of her. Doesn't appear as though her expressions have changed as much as I have hoped they would've...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So I missed whatever footage of Puff we've gotten so far.

Have her expressions been updated at all? Ala King Dedede? I was hoping she'd have a bigger variety of facial expressions, something along the lines of these for example:

(couldn't find a regular pic of her "Seriously?" face at the end, had to settle for a gif.)

She's a LOT more expressive. Including her almost horrifying joy when she uses Puff Up.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
She's a LOT more expressive. Including her almost horrifying joy when she uses Puff Up.
She is? She didn't look that way to me in the giant battle on the gema stream, but then again she wasn't directly facing towards the screen half the time...

I haven't seen Puff-Up yet.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
There was never any doubt that Jigglypuff would be coming back. I am more interested in how early I will be sent flying though.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Hello people I am here to say I am glad to see Jigglypuff back remember this:
  • Jigglypuff is getting cut it isn't relevant anymore!
  • Jigglypuff is cut it was low priority in Brawl!
  • LOL original 12 means NOTHING!
  • Nobody likes Jigglypuff, Mewtwo will take its place!
Yet Jigglypuff is back, I am glad about it, but this Jigglypuff getting cut will appear again in the next smash and guess what it will always come back

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
She is? She didn't look that way to me in the giant battle on the gema stream, but then again she wasn't directly facing towards the screen half the time...

I haven't seen Puff-Up yet.
Streamer did a Classic run-through with her. Her expressions are very similar to Kirby's, especially when she's getting hit.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Loving all te Jigglypuff hype!! This is great. I can't wait to play as her! Do we know how she's unlocked?

Luminario

Smash Lord
So far we've seen Sing, Rollout and Rest. The hats were red flower, X/Y Serena's hat, Nurse Joy hat, sun hat, a beautiful bow, and what I think were the sleep Kirby hat and Fire Red/ Leaf Green girl hat (I can't choose between all these hats it's too hard)
the ending lag to down smash seemed shorter and Puff up is exactly the same. Dash attack seems really useful and Rest is a mix between Melee and Brawl.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So I missed Jigglypuff on stream. Anything new involving her move-set? (I mean completely different moves / attacks) Perhaps one fairy move at all?

in case there isn't a single visual difference to her move-set, it doesn't hurt as long as she has some kind of fairy typing attacks in her custom move-sets.
So far we've seen Sing, Rollout and Rest. The hats were red flower, X/Y Serena's hat, Nurse Joy hat, sun hat, a beautiful bow, and what I think were the sleep Kirby hat and Fire Red/ Leaf Green girl hat (I can't choose between all these hats it's too hard)
the ending lag to down smash seemed shorter and Puff up is exactly the same. Dash attack seems really useful and Rest is a mix between Melee and Brawl.
Well in that case, I'm interested! After seeing all of the Final Smashes of the veterans, I was no longer going to be shocked if Jiggly didn't get a FS change.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
B-Air and N-Air both do 13-15% and are quite fast at coming out, B-Air killed Shulk from the mid of N's Castle at the ~100% range. Rollout has less startup time and has a fancy new pink effect on it. F-Smash is still very good. D-Air is still unreliable and has a lot of landing lag. Not sure about F-Air but it seemed okay.

That's what I gathered from a streamer fighting a CPU Puff. First impressions is that she's better than Brawl Puff, but still ways behind Melee Puff.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Jigglypuff's looking the best she's ever been in this Smash. I love all her little expressions, particularly the >( she makes with her Fsmash. <3

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
I'm still a bit worried about Jiggly's viability in this Smash. There are a LOT of new projectiles users to make her life hard and her range seems a bit short now compared to other characters (Shulk's Monado, for example O_O). I hope I'm going to be proven wrong though.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
NURSE JOY ? I'm so into that
I'm afraid not. Some characters didn't get the alts they deserve.
Including Peach.

The Joj

Smash Rookie
NNID
YouWantTheJoj
Praise be to our lord
The Puff returns with vengeance
Time to kick some butt

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Omg, it is as adorable as always, I am glad it is still in this game. Does somebody know if Sakurai put some fairy love onto Jiggly's move set?

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
i'm convinced the hats are a sly way of Sakurai to confirm that Jiggs is a female character in Smash.... (to all the naysayers out there)

what hats did Pikachu get??

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Can't wait to use her. Her updated model is fantastic.

Does she keep her sleep cap from Brawl?

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
so he get the male pokemon trainer hat and the green bandana? Well i guess it's pretty obvious he would be since he doesn't have a heartshaped tail (which the female pikachu's have)

i always wonder why he only gives hats to Pikachu and Jiggs but not the other pokemon.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I'm so happy to see her back and she seems to have been buffed, and her new model is utterly fantastic and a great change.

Here's some (very short) footage of her:

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
I was watching yushako's attempts to unlock Jigglypuff and at 3:45:23, a grab pummel does 4%:
http://www.twitch.tv/yushako/b/567474491

Maybe pummels have been buffed across the board when I wasn't paying attention, but that still seems really good to me.
It indeed looks like her damage input has been buffed all around. Her bair seems to have surprising knockback too, killing Falco at +/- 100%. (Edit: it may actually have been because of Zekrom's Fusion Bolt ; sorry for that)
Tests need to be made about her rest too, but it already seems better than Brawl, though I still worry about her lack of range (it's especially showing against Shulk and his 3 miles sword), and her weakness to projectiles.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Friend told me Rest is back to its former glory.

Is it true or is he just pulling my leg? THIS IS IMPORTANT

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
I've only seen 2 or 3 rests so I can't really say accurately but it seems at least a bit better than Brawl while still miles away from Melee's rest.
It SEEMS to be easier to land though.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Friend told me Rest is back to its former glory.

Is it true or is he just pulling my leg? THIS IS IMPORTANT
I've only seen 2 or 3 rests so I can't really say accurately but it seems at least a bit better than Brawl while still miles away from Melee's rest.
It SEEMS to be easier to land though.
With all that said, we don't know about custom moves right? It seems almost guaranteed we will get a stronger version one way or the other.

Anyway, yesyeysyesyeysyeysyeysyeysyeysyeyyeysyysyysyes! Jigglypuff is now more expressive and even more cute! I love it so much. >3< <3

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Also it seems Jigglypuff's shield is even bigger than Brawl but it's barely noticeable.

Top Bottom