• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Absolutely! That's the Legendary Giant Jiggglypuff AKA Bigglypuff. It was so god-like. Though I don't think I'd really like that specifically as a costume nor do I think it will actually become a costume. I liked it mostly because she had a really deep voice and acted like a god.
Yeah, there are better costume ideas. However, Jigglypuff does still have a growth spurt with it's final smash, so... :grin:
I doubt it would ever happen, but the two ideas seem so similar.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I think it's incredibly selfish when people actively seek to remove a character, regardless of the character's "relevancy" or "competitive viability".

Ive used Jigglypuff in every smash game. As a kid, the anime made me a fan of her character and her inclusion in Smash made me love her even more. It wouldn't be fair at this point to remove any of the original 12, especially since they have had chances before - especially with Ness and Jiggs. Each of them are unique with their own styles of play. It's been four games and I intend to keep playing as Jigglypuff as long as she's available.

I never played as Mewtwo or Lucas but I never actively seeked for their removal. It's a bummer when any character is removed because they all have fans and I empathize because know it would be devastating to see Jiggly cut. I wouldn't want to wish that on anybody.

Even if shes terrible like she was in Brawl, I'm still gonna use her because I'm a fan of her character.
I know that feel, bro. Mewtwo sucked in Melee. A lot of people wanted him cut and a lot of people were initially happy that he didn't come back in Bawl because he sucked.

Nowadays, people miss him. They realize what they had and wished they had it back. P:M probably helped, no doubt. I wish Mewtwo was back, and sure, I wish he was a bit better than he was in Melee (because come on, the most powerful Pokemon shouldn't be a pushover); however, even if Mewtwo came back and sucked yet again, I would still be so very happy, because he's my favorite Smash character. Just like yours is Jigglypuff. You would be crushed if Sakurai cut Jiggs. You hate it now when people say, "I wish Jigglypuff was gone," but you'd hate it even more when they'd say, "I'm glad Jigglypuff IS gone, she sucked anyway." That's how I felt when Mewtwo left.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm glad Jiggs is back. I hope Mewtwo makes it, too, but we'll see. In the end, I hardly blame Jiggs. If anything, any beef I have is with Sakurai himself. He chose the roster two years ago. He made time to get everyone in he wanted to get in. Any character that was low priority or too difficult got left out again. If Sakurai feels like Mewtwo is low priority or too much work to do properly, then that's his decision to make. I think I'd be pissed off at him, but so long as he's in charge, that's just how it is. I'm just glad that, for you guys, Sakurai rates Jigglypuff pretty highly. That's something to be happy about.

I hope I have something to be equally as happy about very soon.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Of course, it's just them asking WHY is she back. No one liked her in Brawl. No one liked her in general. Why is she in smash in the first place when there are better Gen 1 choices(like Meowth). She's cannon fodder. She's ridiculous. She's... a thing. And they hate her for that.

As for me, if she sucks as much as she did in Brawl(and if they still kept her "she fainted" taunt animation and not give her an angry look), they I rather not have her back.

But tell me. why SHOULD the original 12 ALL come back anyway?
Jigglypuff was just lucky to have made it into the first Smash, Sakurai could have easily chosen Meowth or Mewtwo or even Clefairy over her (or heck, even a non-Pokemon character), but at the time Smash was just a small project Sakurai was working on the side so he had limited time and budget, so he went with Jigglypuff due to her similarities with Kirby and her popularity as a Pokemon back then so she was easy to make, that's basically the reason she made it into the game in the first place, and I'll be forever thankful for that. After 3 times (now 4) of being in the game, I see no reason for her not to return, like someone has already said, the original 12 were the characters who made Smash into the big franchise it is now so for any of them not to return would be a huge letdown. If some people really can't get over her inclusion, they could make their own Smash fangame where they can cut Jigglypuff and state how much they hate her and add all the characters they'd want to see in the game, but that'd take too much work for most haters.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff was just lucky to have made it into the first Smash, Sakurai could have easily chosen Meowth or Mewtwo or even Clefairy over her (or heck, even a non-Pokemon character), but at the time Smash was just a small project Sakurai was working on the side so he had limited time and budget, so he went with Jigglypuff due to her similarities with Kirby and her popularity as a Pokemon back then so she was easy to make, that's basically the reason she made it into the game in the first place, and I'll be forever thankful for that. After 3 times (now 4) of being in the game, I see no reason for her not to return, like someone has already said, the original 12 were the characters who made Smash into the big franchise it is now so for any of them not to return would be a huge letdown. If some people really can't get over her inclusion, they could make their own Smash fangame where they can cut Jigglypuff and state how much they hate her and add all the characters they'd want to see in the game, but that'd take too much work for most haters.
There is way too much hate for Jigglypuff. It seems like there's always someone talking about how useless Jigglypuff is or how much they don't like her. I don't quite understand it to be honest. Either way though, the naysayers will probably never have their hatred validated as I don't see Jigglypuff ever being cut so long as Sakurai is in charge.

johno1995

Smash Cadet
I know that feel, bro. Mewtwo sucked in Melee. A lot of people wanted him cut and a lot of people were initially happy that he didn't come back in Bawl because he sucked.

Nowadays, people miss him. They realize what they had and wished they had it back. P:M probably helped, no doubt. I wish Mewtwo was back, and sure, I wish he was a bit better than he was in Melee (because come on, the most powerful Pokemon shouldn't be a pushover); however, even if Mewtwo came back and sucked yet again, I would still be so very happy, because he's my favorite Smash character. Just like yours is Jigglypuff. You would be crushed if Sakurai cut Jiggs. You hate it now when people say, "I wish Jigglypuff was gone," but you'd hate it even more when they'd say, "I'm glad Jigglypuff IS gone, she sucked anyway." That's how I felt when Mewtwo left.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm glad Jiggs is back. I hope Mewtwo makes it, too, but we'll see. In the end, I hardly blame Jiggs. If anything, any beef I have is with Sakurai himself. He chose the roster two years ago. He made time to get everyone in he wanted to get in. Any character that was low priority or too difficult got left out again. If Sakurai feels like Mewtwo is low priority or too much work to do properly, then that's his decision to make. I think I'd be pissed off at him, but so long as he's in charge, that's just how it is. I'm just glad that, for you guys, Sakurai rates Jigglypuff pretty highly. That's something to be happy about.

I hope I have something to be equally as happy about very soon.
I wish you the best of luck, man. That's awful, I can only imagine how I would feel if places were swapped and Jigglypuff was the one they cut in Brawl. I'd feel the same as you right now and I empathize with that.

I think that Mewtwo has a great chance of being DLC. Like, if there are gonna be DLC characters he's probably at the top of the list (they know they'll make money lol).

My fear has always been that Mewtwo fans would put the blame on Jigglypuff and use the fact that "they brought her back but not Mewtwo", when it was never really a competition between those two in the first place, you know? People who do stuff like that just anger me, and give me a bad representation of a character because of their fanbase.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I wish you the best of luck, man. That's awful, I can only imagine how I would feel if places were swapped and Jigglypuff was the one they cut in Brawl. I'd feel the same as you right now and I empathize with that.

I think that Mewtwo has a great chance of being DLC. Like, if there are gonna be DLC characters he's probably at the top of the list (they know they'll make money lol).

My fear has always been that Mewtwo fans would put the blame on Jigglypuff and use the fact that "they brought her back but not Mewtwo", when it was never really a competition between those two in the first place, you know? People who do stuff like that just anger me, and give me a bad representation of a character because of their fanbase.
When Brawl first came out, I blamed Lucario. I kinda liked Lucario, but the perception that he replaced Mewtwo caused me to be bitter towards Lucario.

Now that I know that that is not necessarily the case (it could be true that something to that effect was said by the Game Freak people, but there's no proof of it), and now that we know that Mewtwo was more likely cut due to SSE, Sonic, and the Brawl airdodge sysytem, I have since "forgiven" Lucario and made peace with it all.

As for the puff, I really do hope they add some flair to her this time. Nothing's changed much with Jiggs since the beginning. Sing is fun in FFA battles, but has historically been mostly useless in versus play. I hope they buff Sing in some way. Pound is fine. Rollout is also almost never used, so I wouldn't mind if that was altered or even completely replaced. Her aerials and smashes are all fine. Her body type doesn't allow for a lot of complicated physical attacks.

My thing with Puff is basically that, because half her specials aren't used and her normals are all fairly basic, watching her play isn't all that interesting. I know Puff is hardly the only one like that, but again, because she has tiny limbs and a very minimalist moveset, she's a tad boring as she currently is. I'm not saying Jigglypuff needs to use Ice Beam or anything, but I think if Rollout is going to suck again, they might as well give her a Fairy move of some sort. Something to give her some pizzaz! And they really ought to make Sing useful for a situation or two... I know sleep is a powerful effect, but the close range on it ought to make it more fair. If Sing actually could be utilized, compare that to Project:M Snake's tranquilizer dart... Yeah. It ought to be fine.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sing, while Jigglypuff is not officially confirmed by Sakurai, has indirectly gotten a buff already. During the E3 demo, pokemon or game elements that induced the sleeping mechanic onto fighters, were put into the sleep much longer than expected, even when smart players were aware to mash out & could not. So sing based off the demo has so-to-speak got better. This is implying that won't change during the final project to be released in 2 weeks.

Pound gives me mixed feelings because Jigglypuff is already a good horizontal recovering character with her god-tier floaty horizontal mobility. A few Pounds made a hell of a lot more difference in Smash 64 back in the old days where you NEEDED to use pound effectively to complete her target test perfectly. Now it's just too much horizontal icing on her cake to be satisfying. DI'd Pounds :GCUL: or :GCUR: is garbage vertical recovery & using 4 of them when you can jump twice & still cover more horizon & vertical distance. Pound is honestly only good for damaging shields, stringing combos early % with a lingering hit-box, & that's it.

Roll-out by far has become nothing more than a FFA move to get kills & a gimmick itself. On a flat stage vs players who aren't mindful of the move proceed to jump hoping to avoid it but can't. Platforms make this move useless & frankly when you have 6 jumps, & as many usable Pounds off-stage to recover with god-like floaty mobility anyway, the only use it has is when you have no jumps, & can't rely on sing because reasons.

Rest I won't discuss because we all know why & what should be done. But you all saying it should be revived to Melee power you guys are out of your friggin minds to want that much Launch power from a puffball no matter how funny & ridiculous it is. KOs at 30% is outrageous. . Brawl nerfed her rest too hard because it changed to a Star KO & players knew how to DI with superhuman survival DI at 160%+.

Then again, Airdodge punishing players for using it upon landing now get landing alg so now her Roll-out won't just be a gimmick & will likely land more hits than Brawl. Technically Jigglypuff got buffed due to being an Air-fighter 24/7 & ground game being punish-able upon landing for the most part.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I love Puff so much I'm happy she's back (and even cuter than before). I hope her signature move Sing is greatly buffed.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff's reflection is haunted, she's actually partly type ghost instead of fairy

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So after today's PotD its confirmed everyone will get 8 costumes.

Jigglypuff in Brawl only had 5 including her normal. I'm excited for this.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I feel a lot of people don't realize is that the most played characters in any fighting game are due to competitive viability and not character popularity. Not that it's a bad thing. It's just the nature of the beast.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yeah. I feel a lot of people don't realize is that the most played characters in any fighting game are due to competitive viability and not character popularity. Not that it's a bad thing. It's just the nature of the beast.
Exactly. People do a leap in logic, oftentimes without even realizing it. "So-and-so is not good competitively, thus so-and-so is a bad character." You see this a lot in Pokemon communities, as well as Smash and other fighting games.

I think that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are excellent characters regardless of their competitive value. I think a lot of the hate for Jigglypuff comes from the the times when no one used her; when people saw her as a joke character. I think M2K, Mango and Hungrybox using Jiggs and having success has helped her PR, just like Mewtwo being one of the most amazing P:M characters has helped his popularity leading up to Smash 4.

Some people have characters that they just enjoy outright, and some people have characters that they enjoy using. Sometimes that overlaps, but not always. I just think that, since this is a fighting game community, there are more people focused on what a character can do for them rather on the enjoyment of an interesting character. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I think you need a few diehard fans out there to help balance things out. I mean, look at all the excitement and fresh interest Axe brought to Pikachu. Axe is a good player. He could have picked any decent character and he would have done well. But he likes Pikachu, so he went with Pika. Some people admire that, just like some people admire Mango or M2K for being able to do well with nearly any character (due to their skill, less so to any ties to specific characters). I think Smash needs both types of people to succeed :)

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
So after today's PotD its confirmed everyone will get 8 costumes.

Jigglypuff in Brawl only had 5 including her normal. I'm excited for this.
Yeh I hope we get all new costumes. I haven't liked ANY of them. I want to see a shiny Jiggs or even a Blue one! Like I said before Elvis or some iconic music celeb would be pretty cool too.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Exactly. People do a leap in logic, oftentimes without even realizing it. "So-and-so is not good competitively, thus so-and-so is a bad character." You see this a lot in Pokemon communities, as well as Smash and other fighting games.

I think that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are excellent characters regardless of their competitive value. I think a lot of the hate for Jigglypuff comes from the the times when no one used her; when people saw her as a joke character. I think M2K, Mango and Hungrybox using Jiggs and having success has helped her PR, just like Mewtwo being one of the most amazing P:M characters has helped his popularity leading up to Smash 4.
My reply is a bit off-topic, it's a casual reply in general. I never got that competitive into Pokemon Showdown or just pokemon competitive in general. I'm mindful of IVs / EVs but I'm not that into it. When it comes to pokemon people also slowly forget that Smash pokemon fighters are ridiculous & aren't exactly akin to the games / competitive side(but they're starting to). Natures, EVs / IVs / HMs / TMs / Learnset attack moves, all of it makes little difference to Sakurai. That's why we had crazy wtf things happen like Charizard using Rock Smash in Brawl when at the time in the games, he couldn't learn it no matter what until later. I really want Jigglypuff for this reason to just go on for the old fans sake & show some old love with the sharpie microphone. If you cut the character's anime debut outright not showing her again, why not show it & keep the legacy living through Smash?

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
My reply is a bit off-topic, it's a casual reply in general. I never got that competitive into Pokemon Showdown or just pokemon competitive in general. I'm mindful of IVs / EVs but I'm not that into it. When it comes to pokemon people also slowly forget that Smash pokemon fighters are ridiculous & aren't exactly akin to the games / competitive side(but they're starting to). Natures, EVs / IVs / HMs / TMs / Learnset attack moves, all of it makes little difference to Sakurai. That's why we had crazy wtf things happen like Charizard using Rock Smash in Brawl when at the time in the games, he couldn't learn it no matter what until later. I really want Jigglypuff for this reason to just go on for the old fans sake & show some old love with the sharpie microphone. If you cut the character's anime debut outright not showing her again, why not show it & keep the legacy living through Smash?
This post made no sense to me whatsoever. What does any of that have to do with what I said? What even is your point? I'm not making fun of you, I just genuinely don't understand what you're on about.

Luminario

Smash Lord
This post made no sense to me whatsoever. What does any of that have to do with what I said? What even is your point? I'm not making fun of you, I just genuinely don't understand what you're on about.
I believe the gist of what he's trying to say is that the Pokemon in Smash use moves they don't naturally learn so Sakurai should throw in Jiggly's personality and marker/microphone from the anime for the old fans of it. I think he was replying to the fact that you said something about the competitive Smash and Pokemon communities and I think he's stating that even though he knows about the inner workings of Pokemon (IVs and EVs and such) the Pokemon in Smash shouldn't represent their competitive version of themselves from the Pokemon games and instead should stick to being ridiculous (like Rest being a killing move and so on).
Am I close or did I miss the point entirely?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I believe the gist of what he's trying to say is that the Pokemon in Smash use moves they don't naturally learn so Sakurai should throw in Jiggly's personality and marker/microphone from the anime for the old fans of it. I think he was replying to the fact that you said something about the competitive Smash and Pokemon communities and I think he's stating that even though he knows about the inner workings of Pokemon (IVs and EVs and such) the Pokemon in Smash shouldn't represent their competitive version of themselves from the Pokemon games and instead should stick to being ridiculous (like Rest being a killing move and so on).
Man I kinda wish the mike/marker was her Final Smash where you put them to sleep and button mash to draw on their faces like in the anime... Probably won't happen though.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Man I kinda wish the mike/marker was her Final Smash where you put them to sleep and button mash to draw on their faces like in the anime... Probably won't happen though.
Yeah I think it would be too situational like a command grab. If that were the case I'd rather stick with the inflating one (using it on a small stage is so much fun, ESPECIALLY on Skyworld where the entire stage crumbles).

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah I think it would be too situational like a command grab. If that were the case I'd rather stick with the inflating one (using it on a small stage is so much fun, ESPECIALLY on Skyworld where the entire stage crumbles).
I did think puff up was a lot of fun when used right. I almost wish she grew to match the stage size like iceberg.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
My reply post was derp n slurp & your feeling is more than justified. It's mainly what @ Luminario Luminario said. People who use exact pokemon logic from the games take it too exact & forget Sakurai doesn't care about any of that. So to keep it ridiculous, we would expect more Jigglypuff that's anime-esque than competitive-esque.
You're hotness, & should feel on the dot.:shades:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I did think puff up was a lot of fun when used right. I almost wish she grew to match the stage size like iceberg.
Christ imagine if it did match the stage and you used it on New Pork City. TOO BIG

My reply post was derp n slurp & your feeling is more than justified. It's mainly what @ Luminario Luminario said. People who use exact pokemon logic from the games take it too exact & forget Sakurai doesn't care about any of that. So to keep it ridiculous, we would expect more Jigglypuff that's anime-esque than competitive-esque.

You're hotness, & should feel on the dot.:shades:
YES! Love being right. I feel that Jiggly in Smash is completely in its own niche that's neither anime nor competitive influenced. It could however benefit from a makeover to make its moves more... competent and less gimmicky (they worked in Smash 64 but she should really get rid of Pound and Rollout and Up B Sing).
Also you have one hell of a way with words.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Christ imagine if it did match the stage and you used it on New Pork City. TOO BIG
You knew exactly what I was thinking. Also if Palutena's temple is larger than New Pork City it will be great. Too big for smash.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
YES! Love being right. I feel that Jiggly in Smash is completely in its own niche that's neither anime nor competitive influenced. It could however benefit from a makeover to make its moves more... competent and less gimmicky (they worked in Smash 64 but she should really get rid of Pound and Rollout and Up B Sing).
Also you have one hell of a way with words.
Sorry but thank you.:shades: I feel that you got too much levels of Dopamine from being right.:shades: Your response felt like the equivalent of beating a boss battle you could never beat in your childhood, then finally did, while posting back to me.:laugh:

The trivial humor of it all is Jiggly's move-set in Sooper! Smaaaaaaaaaash Brotherrrrrrrrrrs! was:
:GCB:: Pound
:GCU::GCB:: Sing
:GCD::GCB:: Rest
So for seniority, Rollout would be the one to go if any move was to be re-vamped (personally, I find Rollout my least favorite special move out of Jiggly's move-set). Smash 64 didn't have SideB as a input action, so holding the control stick & pressing B would still be Pound, but now it's convenient to keep Pound as SideB sin ce Melee we've had SideB's and it's easier on us for the DI'd input.

I'm 70% sure that the Sleep mechanic in Sm4sh & 5mash indirectly improved when noticing how much longer players were induced by Sleep from Bellossom's sweet scent move (yes, sweet scent. This is how you know Pokemon in Smash make no sense & are not always canon). So Sing is probably buffed. Rest is unknown but hoping that the sleep suppression we receive won't be too long. So yeah

Last edited:

CHAINSAWmuzik

Smash Cadet
You knew exactly what I was thinking. Also if Palutena's temple is larger than New Pork City it will be great. Too big for smash.
I dont think so, if its a final smash it has every right to be insane and too big, like if zero suit samus can have that lazer **** spam then jiggly ahould grow as big as she needs to to get her kills, some final smashes are way more buffed then others to the point of almost useless ness (ex: yoshi's, roselina)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I dont think so, if its a final smash it has every right to be insane and too big, like if zero suit samus can have that lazer **** spam then jiggly ahould grow as big as she needs to to get her kills, some final smashes are way more buffed then others to the point of almost useless ness (ex: yoshi's, roselina)
Ridley Joke, but even so that would be kind of OP when other Final smashes are very situational. Also there's a point where there would be too much lag/polys/etc. especially on online play. Final smashes are odd because in order to make them more balanced you have to take in account how easy it is for the character to get/break the smash ball, position themselves correctly, and the characters overall strength. Some also require user input or are harder to use, and it is true they don't need to be anywhere near balanced, it just sucks for characters like Peach and Zero suit Samus in Brawl compared to Sonic or G&W and it would be nice if they wore all withing a similar range of usefulness.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I love Jigglypuffs Rollout and Pound. They are my go-to moves in brawl. I'm not sure how anyone else would be able to play her without these.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I love Jigglypuffs Rollout and Pound. They are my go-to moves in brawl. I'm not sure how anyone else would be able to play her without these.
Pound definitely. It's a good move to use for Air-Pressure.

Rollout to me is more of a gimmick move. With precision that I had back in Melee, I was barely hit by Rollout. Slowing down the game-play from Melee to Brawl is what made me punished by the move, but I still feel the same about it. As for being on the end playing the character, I rely on Pound quite often as I expect most Jiggly players to. Rollout however I use only when I lost all jumps, & I DI high with those no said jumps, & charge the Rollout to either A). Use to recover to the stage, or B). Use it precisely to snap-ledge.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Just a few more days until we can see gameplay of Jigglypuff and find out how amazing she will be! I'm pumped~

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Pound definitely. It's a good move to use for Air-Pressure.

Rollout to me is more of a gimmick move. With precision that I had back in Melee, I was barely hit by Rollout. Slowing down the game-play from Melee to Brawl is what made me punished by the move, but I still feel the same about it. As for being on the end playing the character, I rely on Pound quite often as I expect most Jiggly players to. Rollout however I use only when I lost all jumps, & I DI high with those no said jumps, & charge the Rollout to either A). Use to recover to the stage, or B). Use it precisely to snap-ledge.
I always find myself accidentally using rollout and she rolls back and forth or accidentally using sing (which does nothing) it's hard to use her as a main because she has a lot of downfalls unlike most characters where u accidentally hit a button they have a quick attack. Jigglypuffs last too long to have any mistakes.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I always find myself accidentally using rollout and she rolls back and forth or accidentally using sing (which does nothing) it's hard to use her as a main because she has a lot of downfalls unlike most characters where u accidentally hit a button they have a quick attack. Jigglypuffs last too long to have any mistakes.
Definitely because at least she has those 6 jumps granted to mitigate any error anyone inputs. In that regard she's self-forgiving to the player that is us.

The Joj

Smash Rookie
NNID
YouWantTheJoj
Just a few more days until we can see gameplay of Jigglypuff and find out how amazing she will be! I'm pumped~
You and me both! Jigglypuff deserves some more "publicity". Especially after her big nerf in Brawl.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I hope they got rid of jiggly's instant death thing when her sheild broke
Yes & No.
  • No because It relates to Jigglypuff "popping her balloon" if you were to break her shield. This & because I love breaking Jigglypuff's shield. It's very unheard of & rare to actually see her shield broken by somebody because most chances are Jigglypuff is already in the air again by the time sh elands.
  • Yes because it weakens her ground game without ground tactics like Melee's WD or WL. Though would Jigglypuff even live after the shield break designed to be like everyone's else's dazed mashing to be sent flying by a FullyCharged Smash attack?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Getting your shield broken can pretty much mean you're dead for most characters anyway. That's a free full charged Smash, or a combo if you're at a low percent.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
On the plus, Jigglypuff's broken sheild can be taken advantage of on custom stages, or vertically climbing stages like the DK falls stage (forget the name).

On the off note, think we can make it to page 39 by next Saturday?:jigglypuff64::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff::039:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
On the plus, Jigglypuff's broken sheild can be taken advantage of on custom stages, or vertically climbing stages like the DK falls stage (forget the name).

On the off note, think we can make it to page 39 by next Saturday?:jigglypuff64::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff::039:
One of the smash run events is jumping up as high as you can, I'd imagine they made sure Jigglypuff players couldn't just break their shield and autowin but who knows, maybe they didn't.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure if Jigglypuff used the shield- breaking technique for Smash Run she'd just end up dying off the top of the screen

also, I wonder if she's going to return as the first character you unlock as it was tradition before Brawl happened, I mean it'd make sense, everyone expects Jigglypuff already to be in the game, might as well give her the first unlockable honor back.

Top Bottom