• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Game freak don't give a fuzzy-wuzzy about competitive...
I agree but Charizard & Greninja disagree:
:4charizard:'s Flare Blitz is awfully resembling how it plays in the games.
:4greninja:'s Substitute, which is heavily used in competitive-play, is a very useful & unique special move in SSB4 & SSB5.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I agree but Charizard & Greninja disagree:
:4charizard:'s Flare Blitz is awfully resembling how it plays in the games.
:4greninja:'s Substitute, which is heavily used in competitive-play, is a very useful & unique special move in SSB4 & SSB5.
Neither of those moves are exclusive to competitive play. Both of them can be used casually or through the main story

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I still think they should've given Jigglypuff Prankster, it wouldn't been awesome! And it's just so fitting for her animé persona...

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Hmm, emphasizes sing, she can learn thunder wave via TM, Prankster checks out beneficial for Jigglypuff. Maybe Mega Wigglytuff could get prankster, if they give it one...
Don't forget Copycat from Igglybuff. Use whatever move was used last at +1 priority... especially dangerous given she's immune to Drago and Ghost two types that are super effective against themselves.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Don't forget Copycat from Igglybuff. Use whatever move was used last at +1 priority... especially dangerous given she's immune to Drago and Ghost two types that are super effective against themselves.
I almost went with Copycat from an egg bred Igglybuff I've hatched (I've got several igglybuff with Heal pulse and Misty Terrain, I'm breeding for a shiny), but got rid of it for mimic. Mimic -> Moonblast Wigglytuff for the win!

Something to think about. Giritina cannot do anything to Jigglypuff. :lol:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I almost went with Copycat from an egg bred Igglybuff I've hatched (I've got several igglybuff with Heal pulse and Misty Terrain, I'm breeding for a shiny), but got rid of it for mimic. Mimic -> Moonblast Wigglytuff for the win!

Something to think about. Giritina cannot do anything to Jigglypuff. :lol:
Mimic takes that extra turn so I don't think it'd be that useful, also the move itself wouldn't be priority. With copycat you could through out an attack slower than the enemy and then do it again at +1 with Prankster, as well as being able to smack back if the targets used move was super effective against itself.

But yeah, hopefully they give her moonblast in ORAS anyway, possibly by tutor or TM...

Also alot of Giratina carry Thunder, Earthquake or Aura Sphere, the more defensive ones often carry Will-O too.

Anyway we're kind of off-topic; this is about Jigglypuff in smash bros, not in Pokémon.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
What type of Fairy Type move's could Jigglypuff use? I never Played X & Y.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Oh, I had posted the fairy type moves it could learn some time ago. Allow me to fetch them...

Aw, Jigglypuff apparently only learns 5 fairy type moves. Those being:
Disarming Voice
Dazzling Gleam
Misty Terrain
Charm
Sweet Kiss.​
So there we have it. I also tossed the idea of Misty Terrain being a final smash around, but it just doesn't seem viable anymore. I believe this post was on page 25, in case you need to see it.

Also alot of Giratina carry Thunder, Earthquake or Aura Sphere, the more defensive ones often carry Will-O too.

Anyway we're kind of off-topic; this is about Jigglypuff in smash bros, not in Pokémon.
Yeah, I know Giritina learns more than ghost and dragon moves, and your right, it would probably pack more heat than Ghost/Dragon. Your also right about being somewhat off topic. :facepalm: Ooh, I get sidetracked so easily...

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Neither of those moves are exclusive to competitive play. Both of them can be used casually or through the main story
My mistake, I meant to reply the first time to Jiggly's message not with mentioning words like "competitive", but "more serious" to the handhelds. Pokemon fighters in SSB have rarely felt making any sense about most of their moves or their secondary effects. Ofc there are exceptions like Mewtwo's Disable that makes sense along with Pichu's biography about itself & how Pichu played in Melee.
But :4charizard: & :4greninja: developed this way are proving they're doing it, apologies to Jiggly & TitanTeaTime.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Game freak don't give a fuzzy-wuzzy about competitive...
I'm going to say that they do to an extent. They realize it exists, and they hold a few tournaments every few months to keep competitive fans at bay. But they don't care about, say, Smogon Tiers or any other tier system.

It's a great game, I really recommend playing it. Very fun game.

For Smash, I think it could just do to add some pink sparkles to some of its existing attacks. Maybe rename Pound to something like Play Rough and add a fairy-like effect to it, but that may be a stretch.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Now that the leak has proven to be real we can rest assured Jigglypuff fans, Our favorite pink puffball is back in the game!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *screams at the top of my lungs*

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Now that Jigglypuff is for sure coming back, do you all think everyone will recognize her as a Smash staple, and when Smash 5 comes around no one will have doubts about her inclusion? And while I'm thrilled about Jiggly coming back, I will miss a lot of the vets being cut :(.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I'm still not totally sold on the leak yet. I hope it's true that she does come back though. I can't wait for HD Puff pics.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
She looks more like her X and Y appearance. I kind of love it.

Honestly the change I want most for Jigglypuff is for her to be slightly smaller. Dunno why, I just think that'd be a cool and interesting change.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
but the links were taken down, thats why i asked :(

was she in the game footage?
No, but Bowser Jr, Shulk, Ganon, Charizard, and Lucina were. It came from the same person who leaked the roster so its pretty much implied that the roster is real, and Jigglypuff was on that roster.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to know she's back but I feel kind of bad for the Mewtwo kids. I would have liked to see him come back too. :(

johno1995

Smash Cadet
Welcome back babes :D

So excited. Hoping for some Fairy representation in her moveset - even if Pound just becomes Play Rough, I don't care! Lol. Maybe she'll get Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam as a new Final Smash!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yay for Jigglypuff being back! <3

I love her new render, way more fitting then the staring blankly at the player they kept doing. With that said, I am going to miss it a tiny bit. Was a nice little joke. :p

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yay for Jigglypuff being back! <3

I love her new render, way more fitting then the staring blankly at the player they kept doing. With that said, I am going to miss it a tiny bit. Was a nice little joke. :p
Yes this will actually be the first time that Jigglypuff ISNT in the same pose.

Lets all have high hopes that she'll be good this time around! Comeon Jigglypuff! We're rooting for you!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yes this will actually be the first time that Jigglypuff ISNT in the same pose.

Lets all have high hopes that she'll be good this time around! Comeon Jigglypuff! We're rooting for you!
I think with the addition of custom moves, she certainly has a bigger shot at it. With that said, her non-specials also need buffs, so fingers-crossed. <3

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm glad to know she's back but I feel kind of bad for the Mewtwo kids. I would have liked to see him come back too. :(

Did you see a new leak picture

Its all star mode but theres a lock icon on it so you can't play it yet and all of the characters on the leak are on it.

And plus the leaker clarified its not the full roster.

Mewtwo did not fail again.

As a matter of fact look at it put mewtwo in then put ROB or DHD next to ness or shulk.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

Did you see a new leak picture

Its all star mode but theres a lock icon on it so you can't play it yet and all of the characters on the leak are on it.

And plus the leaker clarified its not the full roster.

Mewtwo did not fail again.

As a matter of fact look at it put mewtwo in then put ROB or DHD next to ness or shulk.
I mean he's not wrooong, it's just not proven to be right or wrong yet.

You should've said "OBJECTION"

But please, lets keep the Mewtwo discussion out of the Jigglypuff topic.

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Thankfully this puts an end to the Jigglypuff haters.
Eeeh other than that Duke Napoleon guy who argued that the Villager was replacing Jigglypuff and that she has no chance, there weren't that many who believed she would be cut

Although there were worries that she would be due to time constraints or something.

In all honesty, I hope she gets cut. I think other characters are more deserving of that spot.
What was that about hoping Jiggs would be cut? :smirk:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Jiggs is awesome. So glad it is back in Smash 4, although that was expected since it is one of the originals.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Now that we know for sure Jigglypuff will be back in Smash 4, a new question arises, Will she be in Pokken Tournament?

I personally doubt it but it'd be cool if she was.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Now will people finally accept she's a series staple?
I mean seriously, dear god, there shouldn't have been any doubt in Brawl.
Absolutely! She is 1/12 of the ORIGINAL smash bros roster. She has been in 4 different installments/5 different games (all) of Suoer smash bros. She is not only a pokemon but a Smash bro too!

Top Bottom