• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The green karate band? Yes please! And I'd like that crown back too, maybe her blue bow too. In fact I'd like all her Melee palette swaps back. I liked the ones she had in Brawl, but not as much as the ones she had in Melee.

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
I would like (buffed) Rest and Pound left in. I'm okay with the others being changed, but I doubt that they would get rid of Sing though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The green karate band? Yes please! And I'd like that crown back too, maybe her blue bow too. In fact I'd like all her Melee palette swaps back. I liked the ones she had in Brawl, but not as much as the ones she had in Melee.
I think the female Trainer's hat was a nice costume in Brawl, but I definitely miss the crown and especially the karate band. I usually don't play with other colors than the standard ones for characters, but when I do, I choose Karate Puff.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Sing combined with Pound. Firstly, make Sing useful at last (i.e. have it keep opponents asleep long enough for you to attack them). Secondly have pound do massive damage and knockback against a sleeping opponent. Of course this would be hard to pull off, but it'd be deadly if done right (much like Melee's Rest). This would be a reference to Jigglypuff's move from the games, Wake-Up Slap.

No massive overhauls to her attacks, please. I see people taking a chainsaw to her moveset. Sing, Rest, Rollout and Pound are Jigglypuff's iconic moves, not only in Smash but in the Pokemon games themselves and even the anime to an extent. Sing and Rest just need to be made useful. That said, Hyper Voice and a Fairy move would be nice, but I still prefer the above.

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
His moveset is fine, but they do need to make his attacks more powerful, especially Rest. As for hats, I do hope his green bandana returns, but the sleeping hat was good as well. I'm hoping for Jigglypuff to be revealed when Pokemon X/Y comes out!

Morbi

Scavenger
I have no idea why I haven't contributed to this thread. I almost feel ashamed. Hopefully all of us will be able to rejoice by the end of the week. I have a good feeling that Jigglypuff will be revealed next.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Not out of the game yet, WFT be sleeping in that picture. The question is how, there's four known ways to do that. The balloon pokemon is definitely one of them, as stated elsewhere.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Sonic, Toon Link and Luigi were secret characters to start with.
Besides, they keep shooting out these characters based on game release date.

peeup

Smash Lord
Jiggs is a fairy now, a.k.a. the ball of puff is relevant again. Or at least relevant enough to get some new toys in the form of fairy moves.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Another fact that makes Jigglypuff relevant... She was featured on the boxart of a Pokemon game released as recent as last year:

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
Another fact that makes Jigglypuff relevant... She was featured on the boxart of a Pokemon game released as recent as last year:

His role in that game was very minor though, so I don't think this makes him more relevant than before. But he'll make it in anyways, he's very relevant in the SSB universe and that's what counts.

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
I'm still maintaining hope. Puff has been in every smash game. Maybe being one of the original 12 will give her a better chance of being in the game. Personally, I think it would be unwise for Nintendo to remove ANY of the original characters.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Woah, guys, what's up with all this pessimism? Marth, Toon Link and Sonic were revealed before Yoshi who was part of the originals and we all know Yoshi ain't going nowhere, there's no reason to believe Jigglypuff is going anywhere either, she just hasn't been revealed cuz Sakurai works in mysterious ways, she'll be back and pinker than ever in glorious HD.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I play with Jiggs sometimes just to annoy my friends, so she's not my main or anything.

However, I'd just like to point out that her up b, which is sing, needs a major buff, and has needed one since Smash64

L∈O

Smash Journeyman
The Rest also needs to be improved...

In Melee, it could KO under 15%, but in Brawl it doesn't kill until 70% or 75%...

They should make it strong enough to KO around 40%, or 45%...

I think it would be great...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jigglypuff in general should be more like her Melee-self. It was just so awesome to totally overpower people with Jigglypuff and watch their reaction to it. :laugh:

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah, Marth was revealed over Jiggs.
I think it's over now.

So, what was up with this? Anyone know why Marth being confirmed = Jiggs out? Yoshi, C.Falcon and Ness haven't been revealed either, guess that means they're out?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff is one of my favourite characters to play as, so I really hope she won't be cut.

A smash Bros without a playable Jigglypuff would feel wrong. :(

I should check Jigglys new movepool as of X & Y. Maybe her smash 4 move set will have Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam and maybe moonblast as a new final smash?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Jigglypuff is one of my favourite characters to play as, so I really hope she won't be cut.

A smash Bros without a playable Jigglypuff would feel wrong. :(

I should check Jigglys new movepool as of X & Y. Maybe her smash 4 move set will have Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam and maybe moonblast as a new final smash?

I would love it if Play Rough was in there! It could be like a shield eater or an attack with huge knockback. It can learn Dream Eater by TM even, so maybe that could be used on sleeping opponents to restore %, which would by kind of cool and offer alternate options for a sleeping opponent.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
While speculations of new moves of other characters seems fun

I can't help but shake off the feeling that they're going to replace rest

And I just don't know how to feel about that, but it's definitely not a good feel

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
While speculations of new moves of other characters seems fun

I can't help but shake off the feeling that they're going to replace rest

And I just don't know how to feel about that, but it's definitely not a good feel
Rest is like the funniest part of Jigglypuff. I doubt that they'd remove it, it's just such a typical move for Sakurai to add to a character like Jigglypuff. I'd rather they remove any of the other specials, since they're all pretty useless (except Pound, but it's just incredibly boring).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There should really be a way to make Sing viable. It's so impractical, despite having a solid concept going for it (put the opponent to sleep, unleash hell).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sing could use a range buff, and perhaps make it a bit harder for opponents put to sleep by the attack to wake up.

I've found Pound to be rather useful in some situations, though I guess I could live with it being gone.

Rollout I'm indifferent on (so long as whatever move that would replace it is useful and interesting).

And I don't want Rest to be removed.

kirbyspeople

Smash Cadet
maybe instead of rollout, she could draw on people's faces with her marker. that might be a bit too old though.

Top Bottom