• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I think JigglyPuff will be back for sure, it's been in every Smash, so I'm almost positive that she'll be back. It wouldn't feel right if the original 12 wasn't back. And just like in Brawl, some characters aren't revealed...they're just In the game. Well, my point is I just hope that Jiggs is back:jigglypuffmelee:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I just don't want any of my ains to be cut.

Bring Jigglypuff back ! With her French voice from Melee, might I add !

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Wasted slot nowadays.

Shouldn't have made it to Melee.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm concerned.

Sakurai explicitly stated characters would get cut.

Jiggs was low priority in Brawl.

Jiggs has little relevance nowadays (unless you count the new Fairy Type.)

I'm concerned.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Sakurai didn't outright say there will be cuts IIRC.
You sure?

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/2...e-to-bring-all-characters-back-to-smash-bros/

“So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it’s good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologise in advance to those fans.

That's a heavy implication right there.

I'm scared...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
About Jigglypuff being low priority in Brawl:

Jiggs was finished over Mewtwo for a reason.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I'm hoping the fact Jigglypuff is easier to implement than other characters will be her saving grace if they have to rush the game. But as far as I know, I seem to have read that they were in the balancing stages of the game, so they probably have already put every character they meant to add already.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm hoping the fact Jigglypuff is easier to implement than other characters will be her saving grace if they have to rush the game. But as far as I know, I seem to have read that they were in the balancing stages of the game, so they probably have already put every character they meant to add already.
at least the characters that are crucial to the game I expect they'll add extras later like ike, lucario, falco, wolf etc

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff was severely unpolished in Brawl. Her air dodge is still her Melee one and it still transitions into her special fall animations and looks a bit glitchy.

I'm hoping that won't happen again.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace

Oh, that look. Now, I really want to see a taunt like that.

They really do need to showcase her being angry. It part of her species' nature.

ZmashMazter

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff has a great potential moveset, especially now with the new fairy type. In brawl, I was extremely disappointed when they.. Jacked up the Jiggly.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff has a great potential moveset, especially now with the new fairy type. In brawl, I was extremely disappointed when they.. Jacked up the Jiggly.
yeah I'd like them to remove rollout and pound, move sing to Neutral B and make it more useful and restore rest to its former glory. Then make it's up B an actual recovery (maybe using fairy wind to create a pink tornado under it which you can then control for a short time) and giving it a fairy move for it's side B (maybe dazzling gleam, stunning opponents) and then making its final smash moonblast.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

Oh, that look. Now, I really want to see a taunt like that.

They really do need to showcase her being angry. It part of her species' nature.
This is still my desktop background after about a month.

On a relevant note, I'd like zero moveset changes aside from a new FS. I'm hoping it's Dazzling Gleam or Hyper Voice.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Jigglypuff is still relevant and she's one of the original 12....She must live on.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is still relevant and she's one of the original 12....She must live on.
I'm just worried Sakurai is gonna make some stupid arbitrary decision (like this hasn't happened before) to cut her or maybe even Game Freak might go ahead and say "Nah, not this time." I mean it probably won't happen and it's very likely Jiggs will return, but there's always that reasonable doubt.

Only time can tell...

...And leaks.

Back to the leaks thread...

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Ever found it weird how Jigglypuff's pupils were always centered in Brawl, despite her FireRed/LeafGreen artwork clearly showing that she's capable of moving them around?

Oh, and before I leave, check what I found, :p.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff won't be cut, he is literally the easiest character to program in Smash bros.

Cutting it would make no scense considering...

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Im like, 99.999% sure she's gonna make it. Easy to make, no time constraints, original play style, been in all three, if you think she will be cut because of Mewtwo, or the likes of Lucas, Wolf, etc, you have something coming.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Im like, 99.999% sure she's gonna make it. Easy to make, no time constraints, original play style, been in all three, if you think she will be cut because of Mewtwo, or the likes of Lucas, Wolf, etc, you have something coming.
not to mention fairy type makes her relevant again

UltimateWario

Smash Master
not to mention fairy type makes her relevant again
Can we stop using this, seriously? It's not a thing. By this logic, it also makes Gardevoir, who was considered in the early Brawl days, relevant again. It's not like Mewtwo, where she got something unique to her (and two of them, to boot), she literally just got an extra little slot on her Summary Screen and one or two new Level Up moves.

That said, I have no doubt Jigglypuff will return. -groan-

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Can we stop using this, seriously? It's not a thing. By this logic, it also makes Gardevoir, who was considered in the early Brawl days, relevant again. It's not like Mewtwo, where she got something unique to her (and two of them, to boot), she literally just got an extra little slot on her Summary Screen and one or two new Level Up moves.

That said, I have no doubt Jigglypuff will return. -groan-
But she's already in smash unlike gardevoir, fairy type and mega evolutions are the 2 ways we can represent gen 6

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
Love the Jigglypuff. She has been my main since the original, but I've always thought she, and all of the Pokemon, are frought with wasted opportunities for their move sets. I mean, Rock Smash, Charizard? That's what you're going with? No Dragon Claw, Fire Punch, or even Heat Wave? Squirtle's moves are cute I guess, but he should really have the move Bubble in there, it's kinda what he's known for. Pikachu's side-special, Skull Bash could also be way more fitting- a paralysis move like Nuzzle or Thunder Wave would be sweet. Anyways, Jigglypuff is the worst example of this, it's almost like Sakurai made her a gag character and then just kept her in all the following games, getting sh*ttier over time.

yeah I'd like them to remove rollout and pound, move sing to Neutral B and make it more useful and restore rest to its former glory. Then make it's up B an actual recovery (maybe using fairy wind to create a pink tornado under it which you can then control for a short time) and giving it a fairy move for it's side B (maybe dazzling gleam, stunning opponents) and then making its final smash moonblast.
YES! This is the stuff I like to hear. I LOVE the idea of changing the neutral special to the sing ability, either with increased range and sleep time (Brawl's was a freaking joke) OR make her able to walk while singing. I had some similar ideas for moves too, just below.

Even though Jigglypuff doesn't ever learn it, I was also thinking her new up special could be Fairy Wind. In my version, a moderately slow-ish gust of air with pink sparkles pushes her like a balloon in the wind, while pushing others away, and maybe doing bits of damage if opponents touch the sparkles. Players can try to guide it, like a slower version of Lucario's up special, but it also has a slightly randomized movement pattern like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball in Melee.

I don't HATE Rollout, its somewhat fitting for Jigglypuff IMO. I'd just like to see flashier actions that rep her fairy-typing. [EDIT: Jiggly doesn't use Boom Punch like I originally thought, woops!] Pound isn't the worst either, but its BOR-ING! They should definitely give it more of a "BOOM" sound when it lands, even if it isn't super strong. Fixed. As it is now, even Double Slap would be more interesting (although I guess that's kinda her neutral standard attack combo), or BODY SLAM!

I'd also give her Dazzling Gleam or Charm as a down special... Rest is completely and utterly useless and is such a wasted effort for everyone involved. The ONLY way to redeem it is to have Jiggs regain a NICE CHUNK of health if she's allowed to sleep for the entirety of the move.

Anyways I imagine Dazzling Gleam as something like a sparkling reflective sheen that flashes over Jigglypuff's smooth rubbery body, and a multicolored quasar blinds or stuns enemies? The move Charm could make Jiggly do a little wiggle and bat her eyes... the opponent falls in love and little hearts appear around their heads, acting as a lingering status effect that nerfs the victim's attack power against Jigglypuff for a short time.

Moon Blast is an awesome idea for a final smash, but on the other hand, Jigglypuff never learns it in the Pokemon games either, so I was going with Hyper Voice or Disarming Voice since that's more her whole shtick. Moon Blast would be a great move for a fairy type pokeball item!

I honestly thought Jigglypuff would be revealed before Lucario would show up. But he is a pretty unique character, and I'm glad to hear they buffed his aura system, as I didn't think it was very noticeable in Brawl. My logic-brain doubts they'd cut Jigglypuff, but I do admit to being a bit worried now.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I like you and your train of thought. Basically, as long as Jigglypuff is in the game, I won't get mad. She easily one of the funniest character to play as with her awesome air mobility and her fast aerials. The fact that she's so frail but lcks range also makes her an interesting character, but I do agree that some of her moves should be changed / tweaked.

In Melee, I found myself using almost all of her attacks, some of which were very situational, I will be the first to admit, but they all had a degree of usefulness.

In Brwal, her smash became unusable, basically and she lacked power. I like some of your ideas, even though I'm very much fine with Rest (her smash signature move, I believe) / Sing (it's what she was known for in the anime as well as the first move she learns, I believe) / Rollout (the move is kind of designed for her, in a way (Geodude too obviously)) / Pound (Wasn't it her first attacking move ?), but as long as her properties aren't changed, I wouldn't mind some attacks being swapped for others. A chargeable sing sounds interesting, and even though she doesn't need it, a recovery move like Faerie Wind could be fun (Pound was also used as a recovery tool, I'd miss it but oh well !).

Lucario getting confirmed has me being hopeful for the balloon Pokémon.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
The 'Puff was one of my favorites in Melee, and I used to always love beating my friends who used characters like Bowser or Ganondorf(for the manliness, I guess). I hope Jiggs has a buffed moveset in SSB4 so I can do it online. Heh.

So, I came here to fully support 'Puff for SSB4!

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I'm all for the puffball getting into Smash 4. Been my main throughout the first two games and a secondary for Brawl.

Buff Jiggs, too. She was pretty garbage in Brawl.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I like her joke moveset. It seems so useless, just until you get decimated by her in play.

Tenguman

Smash Rookie
i hope she is in-between her melee and brawl incarnations. personally, i think she was too easy to use in melee.

Top Bottom