• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Discussion

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Jiggly is one of those characters who i never, never, never, never, never, use.

i like jiggly, but it's just not my type of character.
thus, why i can't even beat a board the platforms.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I was the coolest kid on the block when I beat Jigglypuff's board the platforms.

You don't even need rising pound (didn't know you could angle it way back when). Just jump, and at the top of the jump, pound. You'll cut it close without rising pound, but it's still doable.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
That's how I always do it...
well, even it's been a while since I last played puff's BTP though.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
I tried to do this without pound and I couldn't get it. Even using stick jump for the first jump made me come up just a little bit short.
nah, they meant you could do it without the rising pound. If you jump, then pound, then jump, rinse repeat, you'll make it to the end of Board the platforms with about 15 pixils to spare. lol.

Same is true for break the targets, you just have to jump then pound to get the most out of jiggy without using the rising pound.

But seriously, learn the rising pound, its worth it.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
nah, they meant you could do it without the rising pound. If you jump, then pound, then jump, rinse repeat, you'll make it to the end of Board the platforms with about 15 pixils to spare. lol.

Same is true for break the targets, you just have to jump then pound to get the most out of jiggy without using the rising pound.

But seriously, learn the rising pound, its worth it.
He ment WITHOUT pound. Which is possible , but in IMO it's really hard to do(you have to teleport,to jump and then f-air after each jump).
Funny,I know how to do it but I can't seem to reach

It's doable without pound.

greenblob

Smash Lord
oh hai thar

Yeah, Jiggly kinda sucks. She's great for people who are just picking up the game because she's easy to use and lolDI, but then you realize that your approaches get denied in every matchup.

Except Ness.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
oh hai thar

Yeah, Jiggly kinda sucks. She's great for people who are just picking up the game because she's easy to use and lolDI, but then you realize that your approaches get denied in every matchup.

Except Ness.
Wut.

10wuts

tacos

Smash Journeyman
oh hai thar

Except Ness.
I am very sure most people here would disagree

imo that would probably be pikachu

Some but not all, you just need to practice some basic stuff (teleport.....etc)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
A well air-camped nair will actually fare better against at least half the cast, if not more.

Dair is worse, but also a decent option. Bair and fair are the only things that are lolbad for approaches.

I have no idea what you are talking about with the DI.

Puff is mid-tier for a reason, utilt/uair/fthrow rest is too good. And yeah, teleport can help out with the approach.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Is there any easy shieldbreak for jiggs?

I was told about one, but it doesn't connect. =(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP9sH5kB2fQ
tas 2 good. These shield breaks are ez you should have no problem doin this in a match.
Although I wouldn't recommend the sleep one, chances are your opponents will wake up faster (if at low percentages)

Can't every character with a drill shield break if timed perfectly?
Only puff and kirby can do drill to drill sheild break(correct meh if Iam wrong)
While, Mario luigi and fox have to use other moves to shield break

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Only puff and kirby can do drill sheild break(correct meh if Iam wrong)
While, Mario luigi and fox have to use other moves to shield break
Correct. Except you are forgetting about something so obvious you will smack yourself in the face for it.

Yoshi

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I would consider any aerial that is a multi-hit attack a drill. (not including stuff like Dk nair or link fair obv.)

The Star King

Smash Hero
I would consider any aerial that is actually a drill as a drill, but I guess I'm just weird.

...I feel like I've kind of been a douche with posts lately. But this always happens to me in like January/February.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
in that case samus up-b is also a drill >_>

jiggs can shield break with pound, since pound saps half a full shield,
and also with a fan f-smash

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Earlier I was trying to define what makes a drill. I thought something along the lines of a multi-hit attack with 0 knock-back but obviously stuff like kirby's dair and fair go against that defintion. Smash wikia states that it's basically any multi-hit attack which includes Samus Up-B. This looks like a job for The Backroom!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Multi-hit aerial attack using character's physical body that will send opponent in the direction of the general hitbox from the character's body if not Z-canceled.

ORE NO DRILL WA TEN WO TSUKURU DRILL DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Star King

Smash Hero
Multi-hit aerial attack using character's physical body that will send opponent in the direction of the general hitbox from the character's body if not Z-canceled.
wtf @ the will-send-opponent-in-direction-of-general-hitbox-if-not-z-canceled part. So Fox's dair isn't a drill?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
your definition includes stuff like mario f-air lol

we all know what drills are and what they aren't, why not just list them instead of struggling to define them

Pink_Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Mario/Luigi Tornado fits the spinning body multi-hit paradigm but I don't think I've seen anyone refer to it as a drill. lol @ how defining drill is such a mind-screw. *pun intended*

Also what about Samus u-air?
Seems to me there are two competing definitions of drill: one that attempts to capture the analogy with a physical drill (bit) and another that refers to any multi-hit attack with the first just being a special case of the second.

Smash wiki already has a fairly complete list of drills here.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Yoshi's d-air counts as a drill?
wut
Yes, I'd say it is, and it can also break a shield with only one dair.
Drills would be like those "auto combos"? that let the opponent in a vulnerable way when Z-Canceled as is
Drills:
Kirby/Yoshi/Mario/Luigi/Fox/Jigglypuff Dair and Kirby Fair.
Auto Combos:
Mario Down-b/Upb, Samus Upb/Uair?/UpA and Pikachu Fair.
With that definition, Samus Uair could be count as a drill, but imo it's just an auto combo.
Stuff like Link/Pikachu/Falcon/Fox... A+A+A+A....... are just n00bs combos.
But that's just my opinion, would like to know what you guys have to say about it.

Titus_178

Smash Cadet
drills are Mario/Luigi/Fox/Jigg/Kirby Dair, Kirby Fair and Samus Uair because they look like drills. Imo Yoshi Dair isn't a drill. Why calling it a drill if it doesn't look like a drill?

Top Bottom