• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Thanks... I've had to go through the entire Fitmotion and fix the scabbard throughout all of it. But It's done now. Just got the FS today, and the Smashes yesterday.

I'll update the link I sent you earlier Jaystring, once I finish up this and possibly the Aerials tomorrow.
Wait you are making a smash wiiu moveset for Roy? That would be cool to see.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Thanks... I've had to go through the entire Fitmotion and fix the scabbard throughout all of it. But It's done now. Just got the FS today, and the Smashes yesterday.

I'll update the link I sent you earlier Jaystring, once I finish up this and possibly the Aerials tomorrow.
HERO

you should make an X version too, both using your Wii U Mewtwo as a base (remake the Shadow Mewtwo you made with one stabbed by a stone)
On this note, I think you can get two new imports for the price of one by creating Mewtwo X first, then importing the crystal portions over it and changing the texture. If you can even make it glow (talk to Nano), you can really knock it out of the park on this one.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Wait you are making a smash wiiu moveset for Roy? That would be cool to see.
I pretty much am at this point. I have all of his attacks, save the aerials. And I've tried to get the PSA part to match how it is in Smash U as best I could. Basically when this is done. It'll be a PSA. I already retired from Smash hacking officially about a month or two ago. So this one will be a bonus I guess. With Jaystring collabing for the updated costumes and such for him.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I don't want to pass a full year on him so I look into the quickest way I can get it done! and I want do to a couple more costume too, not just KH Cloud!
Wish I took this advice.

Best of luck in your endeavours. If you want, you can always hit me up on skype if you want to talk or whatever.

jaystring

Smash Ace

all right! let me know!

On this note, I think you can get two new imports for the price of one by creating Mewtwo X first, then importing the crystal portions over it and changing the texture. If you can even make it glow (talk to Nano), you can really knock it out of the park on this one.
well yeah I guest I'll look into it once I get the model. the other mega mewtwo you guy are talking about is him right :

I pretty much am at this point. I have all of his attacks, save the aerials. And I've tried to get the PSA part to match how it is in Smash U as best I could. Basically when this is done. It'll be a PSA. I already retired from Smash hacking officially about a month or two ago. So this one will be a bonus I guess. With Jaystring collabing for the updated costumes and such for him.
Don't retire! there's still tons of cool stuff to port in the game

I just started modding and everybody is retiring lol

-------------------

speaking of retiring, I had some fun seeing my Megaman model import in DSX8's last model import tonight.

If you haven't tried his Wily's castle, go try it now it's super awesome!! I'm really super sad that he's quitting Brawl mods.. To be honest, his imports were probably the reason why I started doing it myself. Once I saw the level of quality of import that was possible to do with his mods, that was basically what got me into it

ho well, anyway! here's a mini Cloud update tonight!!

New Costume!! a simple one but still a new one!

retro 64 players will be happy to learn that I'll be including PS1 battle model Cloud in my costume lists!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Lol... well I've done so already. My last PSA was for Ike a while back. And DSX quit Brawl modding to go into Smash 3DS and U modding. I do get what you mean though. A lot of people quit... most of the greats had done so a few years ago now or more. I may not have been one of the big ones... but the work was still tiring. Drogoth knows exactly what I'm talking about here, even more so than I do. Like I said, this'll be a bonus one. I'm still around to help if people need it. Like Red Ninja who's doing the Cloud PSA.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Lol... well I've done so already. My last PSA was for Ike a while back. And DSX quit Brawl modding to go into Smash 3DS and U modding. I do get what you mean though. A lot of people quit... most of the greats had done so a few years ago now or more. I may not have been one of the big ones... but the work was still tiring. Drogoth knows exactly what I'm talking about here, even more so than I do. Like I said, this'll be a bonus one. I'm still around to help if people need it. Like Red Ninja who's doing the Cloud PSA.
It's fine! I was just joking! I'm late to the party!

While the content of Smash Wii U is much better then Brawl, gameplay wise, I really don't enjoy Smash Wii U as much as Project M. unless someone actually mod Smash Wii U to be as balanced as Project M, I probably won't jumpship modding to the new game anytime soon.

And anyway, the tool to mod Brawl right now are pretty good, I kind of have the freedom to basically do almost anything I want.

While I've been only doing character up until now, believe it or not, i've got way way more experience doing environnement then characters and I keep saying that I'll do my 100% custom stage idea at one point. You can be sure I'm not leaving until I do this!!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Well good luck with all you have planned. That's a big one too. Just don't overwork yourself to the point where it isn't enjoyable anymore.

Obskore

Smash Ace

may i ask, could you port the Entry animation too? because it's one of the animations that wouldn't interfere with PM Roy's gameplay, except it would have to be modified a bit to fit with the PM idle animation

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Whoever made me Roy... Thank you. :v

may i ask, could you port the Entry animation too? because it's one of the animations that wouldn't interfere with PM Roy's gameplay, except it would have to be modified a bit to fit with the PM idle animation
I could ask KJP to do it. Since he's the one porting them. But that's up to him to decide if he want's to take the time.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Whoever made me this girl, End my life, I really wanted Camilla..

Best of luck on Roy

and Cloud is looking amazing.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Hey... Kaze, and Kagero are good. :v No need to hate.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Well I think I have it worse then all of you, I look like a typical annoying looking 15 year old anime girl.

Well good luck with all you have planned. That's a big one too. Just don't overwork yourself to the point where it isn't enjoyable anymore.
No worries! I'm still having tons of fun!

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
at this point brawl modding is almost dead. It'll probably end soon, mostly because the ceased development of PM and now everyone quitting in one way or another.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I'm not quitting!
i know, but PM was the one thing that kept people modding, especially since it pushed the limits of brawl modding. Now that it's gone, people have nothing to look forward to and breakthroughs in modding are starting to happen less.

jaystring

Smash Ace
i know, but PM was the one thing that kept people modding, especially since it pushed the limits of brawl modding. Now that it's gone, people have nothing to look forward to and breakthroughs in modding are starting to happen less.
well, we'll see, I don't know... Since Project M actually stopped, for me, it actually gave me motivation to do more modding because there is no need anymore to always update my old stuff with each new version.

the one thing I was really really hoping that would happen after the death of PM was BrawlEx for Project M and it happened not too long ago thanks to PyotrLuzhin.

The tool is there but I've yet to see anyone take advantage of it.

All those April fool joke on Brawlvault right now need to happen for real!

I've been too busy actually making costume to have time to look at BrawlEx but I have it saved up for later.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Has the limit of 50 character in the CSS been fix yet for PM BeX? it's the only thing making me wait to start adding BrawlEx to my build
Yes! It works in PM+BrawlEX 0.4, though the CSS doesn't look very good once you get over 50 (it immediately switches to the layout for 100). I've fixed that issue - see this post.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Yes! It works in PM+BrawlEX 0.4, though the CSS doesn't look very good once you get over 50 (it immediately switches to the layout for 100). I've fixed that issue - see this post.
It's too bad I don't understand how to use BrawlEX, otherwise, I'd add 20 characters.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Holy S**t that's awesome new! I think tonight or tomorrow I'll go play with BrawlEx for the first time then!

I'm starting from the absolute beginning in terms of understanding how it work so I've got a lot to learn!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Hey Jaystring, did you ever get around to fixing the placement of Roy's scabbard for the Wii U model? Or is that coming with the update/collab? Just want to be sure I understand what's going on with him.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey Jaystring, did you ever get around to fixing the placement of Roy's scabbard for the Wii U model? Or is that coming with the update/collab? Just want to be sure I understand what's going on with him.
no not yet, sorry!

I'm working on texturing KJP's Deoxys and Wii U Cloud right now. It's taking most of my free time so I won't be able to check this out until I get at least these 2 things done.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Oh okay. Well take your time. I've been working on the PSA elements. I think I've gotten most of the attacks done. For the most part, I'm done. I just need to test and tweak things.

EDIT: I now have all the new Smash U animations that differentiate him from Marth. I have also fully PSA'd him a
s well. I may just need to edit a few things first before I'm done.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Oh okay. Well take your time. I've been working on the PSA elements. I think I've gotten most of the attacks done. For the most part, I'm done. I just need to test and tweak things.

EDIT: I now have all the new Smash U animations that differentiate him from Marth. I have also fully PSA'd him a
s well. I may just need to edit a few things first before I'm done.
all right!! great!!

I'll let you know when I have some time to check this out (might take a little while! I'm a bit ambitious with Cloud lol).

I'll probably leave my Wii U Roy BrawlVault Entry as it is and make the required modification only to bundle with your PSA.

Reason been that my current Roy, without the scabbard edit, is working prefectly fine for people who only want to use it as a skin for default Project M.

The Roy I'll edit for the Wii U PSA, I'll treat it as a seperate project.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Hey jaystring, if there's any help you need with getting BrawlEx working, feel free to PM me. I know a thing or two about getting it up and running, it's not as difficult with some assistance.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I'll probably leave my Wii U Roy BrawlVault Entry as it is and make the required modification only to bundle with your PSA.

Reason been that my current Roy, without the scabbard edit, is working prefectly fine for people who only want to use it as a skin for default Project M.

The Roy I'll edit for the Wii U PSA, I'll treat it as a seperate project.
That works for me, and is understandable... since mine requires a lot more space allocation.

EDIT: PSA is done. Sent you the files Jaystring.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey jaystring, if there's any help you need with getting BrawlEx working, feel free to PM me. I know a thing or two about getting it up and running, it's not as difficult with some assistance.
Great!! Thank you very much! I appreciate the offer! I'll let you know if I face any problems!

In the end, I've not started doing it yet.. lol I've been a bit busy. But, I've took the time to gather all the necessary files and read the full tutorial. It seem not too complicated going step by step. Just a bit long to do.

I can't wait to have some free time to give it a try!

jaystring

Smash Ace
I've been a bit busy lately which didn't allow me to progress that much on KH Cloud but still, got some small update from last time.

1) Wing is now integrated
2) the left arm 3 strap thing is done
3) most of the strap setup on the pelvis is properly placed. Only need to properly texture the black ones and add metal buckles etc

still a lot to do but hey, it's progressing!

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I've been a bit busy lately which didn't allow me to progress that much on KH Cloud but still, got some small update from last time.

3) most of the strap setup on the pelvis is properly placed. Only need to properly texture the black ones and add metal buckles etc

Can't believe this man. It's so crazy to me the progress you've made with this stuff. Can't wait for this model.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet

Damn, thats amazing... Even see the stitching of the belt's edges. I don't think even Square Enix would make this HD of a KH1 Cloud.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Can't believe this man. It's so crazy to me the progress you've made with this stuff. Can't wait for this model.
Thanks!! I have quite a lot of fun doing these projects. and the end result is amazing too. I took a break yesterday night and actually played my build with all my mods in it and I was impress on how cool it end up been when it's all done and all integrated together.

I can't wait to have the time to start a BrawlEx build and start semi-cloning my mods to add them their SFX, some minor difference etc basically making some mini-PSA (I'm not experience enough with PSA to start doing massive moveset edit).

Damn, thats amazing... Even see the stitching of the belt's edges. I don't think even Square Enix would make this HD of a KH1 Cloud.
yeah all the costume I'll be doing will be made to fit Smash WIi U Cloud so they'll be made to his standard (except the PS1 battle model Cloud of course).

I think we might see an official HD Kingdom Heart Cloud at some point not too far away. I would totally expect Square to make a Kingdom Heart CLoud DLC for the PS4 dissidia Game they are making.

There is one costume I've started making for Wii U Cloud that this one I'm sure we will not see an HD version of that, not even in the remake I think! :)

schwinsullivan

Smash Rookie
yo man, once again incredible mods, every time i check back i swear im blown away with you hardwork.
chances are you dont remember me too well, regardless that's okay. I'm the scrub working on a Robin PSA for PM.
Essentially i've been workin at it but the robin model i have and am currently using for animations right now has wacky ass bones.
I do all my animations in Maya then transfer to Brawl Box, so i'm worried that whenever your robin model comes out it wont line up properly with my vertexed robin hack. Was just wondering what your progress is on that and if it would be possible to get a test build just to make sure all my work isnt pointless haha.

Top Bottom