• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
That is incredibly weird, I don't know why the developers would make that change to his appearance. I don't know how I missed that.

Regardless, I'm still excited for your release. c:
Actually, now that you mentionned it, i'll give it a try to fix it using a copy of megaman's arm. Should work I think

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Actually, now that you mentionned it, i'll give it a try to fix it using a copy of megaman's arm. Should work I think
Only if you feel good enough about it. I know you've got a lot on your plate, so it's entirely your call.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Only if you feel good enough about it. I know you've got a lot on your plate, so it's entirely your call.
yeah i'll do it. Once I release him, it's very unlikely that I'll get back to him to update him except if there is any bugs so i'll prefer doing him right the first time, even if it's taking a while..

NXero

Smash Apprentice
The rig over Ness you mentioned is going to be done at a later time, right? I don't know if you're doing this because someone asked you or not, but if you're still thinking about it I would suggest doing it over Snake instead, the Megaman over Ness PSA is almost horrible, the version over Snake made by CaliKingz is much better, even if it's still lacking.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The rig over Ness you mentioned is going to be done at a later time, right? I don't know if you're doing this because someone asked you or not, but if you're still thinking about it I would suggest doing it over Snake instead, the Megaman over Ness PSA is almost horrible, the version over Snake made by CaliKingz is much better, even if it's still lacking.
The one over Snake is just a Ness port, so Jaystring's will work for both PSAs. :)

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Only potential issue is that the Snake PSA features an X model packaged with each Megaman model. I'm not entirely sure how the two models are rigged, whether the X model is rigged onto the same skeleton as Megaman or not, etc. etc.

jaystring

Smash Ace
yeah I think the snake PSA is actually using Ness skeleton. I'll investigate it anyway before starting, it's not started yet (but will soon be!). The important thing is that the PSA and Ness share the same skeleton.

The idea is to have every thing done before I make any update so Lucario's update, Ness's version, the CSPs, the renders, all the new costume etc will all come out at the same time.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Only potential issue is that the Snake PSA features an X model packaged with each Megaman model. I'm not entirely sure how the two models are rigged, whether the X model is rigged onto the same skeleton as Megaman or not, etc. etc.
you mean a megaman X model inside the pac file!? I still haven't taken a look at that PSA yet so I might find some surprise inside but well, the point of making a Ness version is to have this PSA working with my mod so I'll definitively try to make it work.

If there is an X model in there, well maybe I can make a future update with Wii U X model too when i'm done with him. (luckily, the X model in wii U is pretty low res because he's only used in final smash)

NXero

Smash Apprentice
The megaman PSAs include a few extra models in them. The one over Ness has a different armor for Megaman for his final smash and the one over Snake includes a Megaman X model to mimic his Wii U final smash.

jaystring

Smash Ace
The megaman PSAs include a few extra models in them. The one over Ness has a different armor for Megaman for his final smash and the one over Snake includes a Megaman X model to mimic his Wii U final smash.
I'll probably only be focusing on the Snake one, which I understand was the better one of the two. Nothing stops the creator of the PSA's anyway to update their mods with my mod afterward anyway. I can't be doing everything unfortunately

I'll release Megaman as a simple Ness costume skin also.

And talking about that, any one has ideas for what to use as Ness' baseball bat and Yo-Yo!?

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Some of these should work

YoYo:
Metal Blade (MM2)
Screw Crusher (MM10)

Bat:
Flame Sword (MM8)
Laser Trident (MM9)

Look here for some images.

jaystring

Smash Ace
some updates!

first, here's protoman fixed "left arm armor". This should be final version actually

second, here's Captain N Megaman recolor In-game. Unless I find bugs, he's pretty much final too.

and finally. I was kind of annoyed by PM's super intense glow on both of Lucario's arm when his super ball thing is charged and it didn't work really well with megaman and protoman. So I decided to search how to hide it. So my lucario update will feature a modified FitLucario.pac PM 3.6 file which allow to hide both of the hand glow but still keeps the hand trails so basically you'll still be able to see in-game when your balls are charged without having the super obvious and agressive blue glow.

basically if you use my modified file, when you have 1 ball charged, you will still see this blue trail

and when you have both balls charged, you'll see this white thicker trails

Now onto testing wii U recolor, then Render, then Ness port. Seem like I've been working on megaman since forever lol.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Now onto testing wii U recolor, then Render, then Ness port. Seem like I've been working on megaman since forever lol.
Protoman looks stunning! I can't wait to see how the recolors look.

But don't overwork yourself on Mega, you know a break is due when it's due. Keep up the good work regardless!

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
hum.. for some reason I never bothered earlier to rig Megaman's Jaw on Lucario's Skin... It's gonna get fixed in the next version as well!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Lucario's Megaman skin have just been updated!!

I updated the old release on Brawlvault so he's not gonna be on the top of the "new mod" list.

Now, i'm not done with Ness port so why am I releasing it now?

Well, I got REALLY lucky today because at a really unfortunate time when I didn't took the time to backup my stuff for about 2 months my Hard Drive failed. I was about to lose all my data on all my stuff since Mewtwo's update which included all of megaman's new stuff + mod that I've shown but not released yet (Ryu, MMX) + mod that I've not even shown yet + all stuff I had done for other project I helped (KingJigglypuff's Deoxys).

Hopefully, I managed to get back all my data by plugging the corrupted HDD into another pc, so In the end, I didn't lose anything but damn there was a moment of panic there!

So yeah, always backup you stuff!!

Anyway, since Lucario's update is full done, I decided to put it online now.

so, what's new? Here's a quick list :

- added a read me file inside the zip.
- Added all Wii U recolors + Captain N recolor and Gold Amiibo Recolor
- Added a completely new and fully rigged Protoman Costume
- Rigged all costume's jaw so now he has a moving mouth
- fixed skinning a bit on megaman
- Added CSPs and icons. (regular for pac file import or HD ones for HD retexture project)
- Added a modified FitLucario.pac file for Project M 3.6 that remove the blue hand glow effect but still keep more subtle indication when energy ball are ready. (more info in the readme file)

You can see the full gallery Here

You can download the update Here (scroll down you'll see it)

Once I get a new HDD with all my stuff properly re-installed (might take a while) i'll be able to continue Ness' version.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hello do you plan on porting wii u samus as well?
Hello!

yes as mentionned by Obskore, there's already a port of Wii U Samus. Maybe eventually i'll make a new version with my kind of retextures I do to my mods but right now Samus is not in my priorities. I want to finish many mods I have started already first and I kind of like Brawl Samus too.

We'll see in the future!

jaystring

Smash Ace
All right! so I'm finally back!

after a forced extended break of modding to actually build myself a new pc, here some new stuff i've been doing.

Since Zero Suit Samus is next in the CSP updates, i've decided to pass some time to have fun and add more stuff to her next update like I did with Megaman and Mewtwo.

First, she's gonna get an alternate new custom haircut for all of her costumes and recolor :

And also, here's a WIP of a new costume I'm gonna add!

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a hard... time :awesome: choosing costumes for ZSS.
I want to completely replace Brawl's/PM's one with this, but I also want to use Young Samus from iwg. I don't even play as her!
Patiently awaiting for the update with the CSPs and the JB costume...

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Holy crap dude! The long hair look is a must for her blue/orange shorts alt! Amazing work!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Holy crap dude! The long hair look is a must for her blue/orange shorts alt! Amazing work!
yes!

one of the main reason why I did the long hair was for the Shorts alt!

All costume will get them so you guy will be able to put any combination you want in your build (you can have orange with a ponytail and blue loose. etc)

Also, Short alt will get a White recolor (to match the white project M) and a Black Recolor (from Metroid Super I think)

Justin Bailey is getting a Brown Hair with Red Suit.

Basically inspired from this here

Finally, Here some test for Justin Bailey's hand canon!

Don't mind the missing texture and horrible shader. This was just a quick export to test the canon replacement for the gun with ZSS's animation. The beam is sometime missaligned because it's supposed to come from the tip of the gun but it's barely noticable in normal gameplay so I might leave it like that. It's working perfectly well with all of ZSS's animation (minus the beam fx)

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Will you have a version without the arm cannon too? Or does it only appear during Neutral B? Some of her animations would look weird if she didn't have the gun

jaystring

Smash Ace
Will you have a version without the arm cannon too? Or does it only appear during Neutral B? Some of her animations would look weird if she didn't have the gun
The plan was to have only the canon version for Justin Bailey, which is pretty trademark for her look and makes her different from normal Wii U ZSS. She has the canon all the time, it's replacing her right hand.

You guy want the 2 hands without canon too!? it's easy to do as it's only 1 extra export. I wasn't going to do it but I can add it if there's enough interest for it.

Also, it really took me a long time to noticed but I just realized that I did the Blue Short model wrong. I always thought it was a recolor of the orange one but actually I just saw it wasn't. The Blue Short have a white zipper and no "triangle hole" on her chest and the texture is different (the "ligns creases" are not at the same place).

Orange

Blue

I will get this fixed too!

NXero

Smash Apprentice
That's your decision, I'm a little concerned about how some animations will work with a cannon stuck to her hand, but it may not look as strange as I think.
But if it's easy to include both versions, why not?

And yeah, I hadn't noticed that with your previous version either. Can't wait!

jaystring

Smash Ace
That's your decision, I'm a little concerned about how some animations will work with a cannon stuck to her hand, but it may not look as strange as I think.
But if it's easy to include both versions, why not?

And yeah, I hadn't noticed that with your previous version either. Can't wait!
I did that quick export test specifically to see how the animation would look without a gun and an arm. minus some veeery minor stuff like the taunt animation where she's not throwing any gun and she's clapping with her canon in victory screen and the missalign beam FX (which I agree might be more annoying than the rest), they honestly looked pretty fine to me. i'll personaly be using the canon version in my build

but i'll include the both arm with gun version for you guy anyway.

I'll have to look at how that beam works actually. If it's a skinned mesh with bone and that i'm lucky and it's not in the shared Fitssuit.pac file, it might be possible to fix it. I would only need to align the starting bone with the tip of Justin Bailey's Canon. Something like this.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Some updates for today!

First, here's the almost finished Justin Bailey Costume

Second, here's the Blue Short costume fixed (the loose hair version)

And finally, mostly because I want people to stop requesting me this export, yes I'm also looking into porting Smash Wii U Cloud. My version might take a while because i've got tons of other mods started and I don't know what I'm gonna prioritize (after the CSP pass of my old mods, this is still my first priority).

But he's gonna get done for sure.

Top Bottom